Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

esperterra posted:

Ronnie and Reggie's actors are currently dating, too.

Oh gently caress, that's hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm hoping Cheryl and Toni are also IRL hooking up.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Rhyno posted:

I'm hoping Cheryl and Toni are also IRL hooking up.

Apparently they're BFF.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Betty might be the best girl for Archie, but Archie isn't the best boy for her.

Or anyone really.

Hiram/Archie or bust.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Still Fluxing posted:

Apparently they're BFF.

This cast seems to be the kind of people who hang out, get drunk, maybe a little weed, maybe a few orgies.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I bet they're smokin so much legal Canada weed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

I bet they're smokin so much legal Canada weed.

And moonshine.

That's what kids are into these days right?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

And moonshine.

That's what kids are into these days right?

Seems about right

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

It is probably like an Olympic village out there.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I feel like that's probably true for most extended stays in a diff city for production. Especially amongst a young and attractive cast.

At least I hope it's true :wink:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love this show, this thread and all of you.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Though I know Bughead is endgame, the true best end would be after 7 or so seasons of an Archie/Betty/Veronica love triangle the girls just say gently caress that dope and run away together b/c the truest of loves is clearly sapphic

but im also incredibly gay so this could be a lifetime of wishful archie comics thinking

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I ain't gonna say no to lesbians. Look how great that Toni/Cheryl kiss was.

LOOK AT IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA4ogA_BgYA

Edit: oh god the fans call them Choni i quit this show

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 16, 2018

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

esperterra posted:

Though I know Bughead is endgame, the true best end would be after 7 or so seasons of an Archie/Betty/Veronica love triangle the girls just say gently caress that dope and run away together b/c the truest of loves is clearly sapphic

but im also incredibly gay so this could be a lifetime of wishful archie comics thinking

Meanwhile, I'm hoping RAS fulfills his dreams of gay Archie in NY. He's playing the long con, baby!

https://creativeloafing.com/content-180708-Theater-Review%E2%80%94Arch-humor

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Edit: oh god the fans call them Choni i quit this show

smh not calling them theryl with a really gay lisp

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

smh not calling them theryl with a really gay lisp

Wait I'm back to start the writing campaign to make this happen

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Call them Teryl.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

esperterra posted:

Same, I kinda hoped "Betty and Veronica realize Archie is just a bridge they were using to get to each other" this was the direction the show was headed in the first few episodes.

Aw, what could have been.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Betty and Jughead will break up when their actors break up so all the drama crosses over

Worked for The O.C.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

There was a lot of footage cut from the bike chase, it was originally more involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQz3dbn0Pk

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The guy they got to do teen Hiram fuckin nailed his weird speech pattern.

Also I really liked Teen FP having Skeet's fringe thingies from Scream

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Shoehead posted:

The guy they got to do teen Hiram fuckin nailed his weird speech pattern.

That's his IRL son!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"You know how you imitate the speech patterns your dad uses on television to mock him. Do that professionally, please."
It kinda feels like this is nepotism, since he only got the gig because of who his father is. On the other hand, he's probably the person most fitted for the job.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Still Fluxing posted:

That's his IRL son!

I had no idea, me and my fiance couldn't believe how bang on it was.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cant cook creole bream posted:

"You know how you imitate the speech patterns your dad uses on television to mock him. Do that professionally, please."
It kinda feels like this is nepotism, since he only got the gig because of who his father is. On the other hand, he's probably the person most fitted for the job.

Casting a younger version of a character for a flashback in a television show is the one time nepotism is 110% okay.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I love Sex Archie so much. Grant calling out all other DMs (or game masters) in the latest episode was glorious.

Did not expect to hear Austin Walker/Griffin McElroy mentioned on a Riverdale podcast.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Casting friends and family for minor cameos for serial tv shows is hardly the worst thing to happen in showbiz casting.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

More for the nepotism file: his IRL wife is going to play a character later in the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nepotism is fine. It got Courtney Ford her gig on LoT and she's great over there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Ever seen After Earth?

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Ever seen After Earth?

I doubt Brandon Routh has enough pull or egomania to arrange for his wife to replace Caity Lotz as the lead of LoT.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Still Fluxing posted:

More for the nepotism file: his IRL wife is going to play a character later in the season.

His wife is also Kelly Ripa. She doesn’t need his help to get work

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PASS THE MASH posted:

His wife is also Kelly Ripa. She doesn’t need his help to get work

Holy poo poo that's who he is!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I finally watched the most recent episode and Cole Sprouse deserves some awards for just some of the poo poo he managed to say with a straight face

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Well bodies just keep dropping on this crazy rear end show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh poo poo there was a new episode tonight?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah where the gently caress are you?!

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
The newest episode rocked some sweet Dutch angels.

And I like how they built up everyone going to the shadow lake mines

For as bad as this show got last season this season has been wild. It’s the closest I’ve ever got to the feeling of watching Twin Peaks for the first time.

Which is a loving dumb thing to say about a CW produced Archie comics tv show but here we are

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

Yeah where the gently caress are you?!

Getting drunk with my mum lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That’s a pretty good reason tbh