Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Here’s a problem/fix I had with the controls that I’ve never experienced:

When trying to run in PLG, I couldn’t run to the right without pressing my stick against the stops pretty hard, I was really worried I’d have to send it out.

In the settings, my controller diagnostic whatever even reported it being fine and covering the whole circle. I decided to update and recalibrate the controller anyways and it fixed the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hmm when was it at that price?

Meanwhile Mario Rabbids gold edition is currently £25, I'm thinking it's worth ordering it and having it delivered to my family home even though I won't be there to collect it until Christmas

Someone tell me to do this please

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I wish YouTube had a subscribe to playlist only feature

You can bookmark/add playlists from people's channels to your Library.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 16, 2018

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Someone tell me to do this please

Do it.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
If anybody sees a switch bundle for black friday that has literally anything but loving Mario Kart in it please let me know. I want mario real bad

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

How's everyone doing with the motion controls?

I keep seeing it as a complaint in the review videos with accompanying video of throwing some bad misses, but I always find myself wondering if they're just doing it wrong because in motion control games I tend to not experience those problems at all.

They're probably doing it wrong more often than not. Or to be more fair they are doing what comes naturally to them VS what the game is looking for. These controllers are way too accurate now to chalk it up to them like we had 10 years ago.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Your Computer posted:

See, the thing a lot of you guys are calling "tedium" I call "gameplay" :v: Yes, I unironically enjoy RPGs with random battles.

But it's okay, I knew this game wasn't gonna be for me and that's fine.

Hmm fair enough. I got thoroughly sick of random battles in RPGs a long time ago. I vastly prefer things the way Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger does it, where you can see the enemy ahead of time and choose whether to engage. I also find grinding strangely relaxing in RPGs, but I don't like being forced to.

Anyway, Let's Go is extremely my jam. I can't play anymore until my husband gets home because I promised I'd play it with him, but it's haaaaard, man. I played enough to lock in the girl Eevee.

Tender Bender posted:

I don't actually understand why Eevee is the second flagship? Is Eevee really popular on its own besides the evolving? It's just kind of a dog.

Eevee is cute, and it's also really popular. The main reason, though, is probably because Eevee was your rival's Pokemon in Yellow.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

I don't actually understand why Eevee is the second flagship? Is Eevee really popular on its own besides the evolving? It's just kind of a dog.

1) Eevee is adorable and awesome
2) Eevee was the rival starter in Pokémon Yellow

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Perhaps we'll get a combination, like Pokémon walking around on the overworld but you still battle them, Chrono Trigger style. v:shobon:v

Wish granted, you now have CT's system of visible encounters but many of them unavoidable, plus a factory gym filled with looping conveyor belts that force backtracking :twisted:.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Did that eevee evolve

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Your Computer posted:

See, the thing a lot of you guys are calling "tedium" I call "gameplay" :v: Yes, I unironically enjoy RPGs with random battles.

But it's okay, I knew this game wasn't gonna be for me and that's fine.

RPGs with designed battles placed deliberately >>>> RPGs with a small pool of simple encounters per area that repeat over and over again interrupting you at random, frequent intervals

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

YOURFRIEND posted:

If anybody sees a switch bundle for black friday that has literally anything but loving Mario Kart in it please let me know. I want mario real bad

If you haven't used Google Express yet, you can pick up a switch for $250~ using coupon code YAHOO50. Or Costco bundle of Switch+SMO+3rd party controller for $360 I think.
https://www.costco.com/Nintendo-Swi....100467230.html

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Pikachu and Eevee are cuties but I feel like they were very safe choices. Where's Pokémon Let's Go Mr. Mime and Pokémon Let's Go Jynx??

Motto posted:

Wish granted, you now have CT's system of visible encounters but many of them unavoidable, plus a factory gym filled with looping conveyor belts that force backtracking :twisted:.
This is basically why I feel like CT's system isn't any better than random encounters, but goons think it's so much better which is why I mentioned it as an example :v: You also forgot the ones where the enemy will jump out of a bush or w/e and you can't avoid them!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it should've been Let's Go Clefairy, to pit the two actual mascots against each other

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pokemon Let's Go Mudkip and Pokemon Let's Go Wobuffet

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

How's everyone doing with the motion controls?

I keep seeing it as a complaint in the review videos with accompanying video of throwing some bad misses, but I always find myself wondering if they're just doing it wrong because in motion control games I tend to not experience those problems at all.

I was playing sleep-deprived last night at like 2 am so grain of salt etc. but I had a good amount of really wide misses. I may have misunderstood the tutorial but I assumed that all I need to do to "reset" the controller is to point it at the tv when I hit the Get Ready! button but this didn't really help much and I had to adjust my aim which was really annoying.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Etrips posted:

If you haven't used Google Express yet, you can pick up a switch for $250~ using coupon code YAHOO50. Or Costco bundle of Switch+SMO+3rd party controller for $360 I think.
https://www.costco.com/Nintendo-Swi....100467230.html

Thanks for this! I forgot google express was a thing.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I was playing sleep-deprived last night at like 2 am so grain of salt etc. but I had a good amount of really wide misses. I may have misunderstood the tutorial but I assumed that all I need to do to "reset" the controller is to point it at the tv when I hit the Get Ready! button but this didn't really help much and I had to adjust my aim which was really annoying.

excellent avatar/post combo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, people hate dogs.

(Eevee is pretty popular)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I loving love Eevee

It's like a cat/fox combo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I've been holding the joycon flat, hitting the button, then moving it straight up and straight down in a 90 degree motion. I've missed 2 out of maybe 20 throws.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Today (or yesterday Japan time) is Shigeru Miyamoto's 66th birthday.

I wonder if they will have him cameo like Stan Lee in Detective Pikachu (even though he has nothing to do with that franchise) or other Nintendo movies

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How does catching Pokemon work in handheld mode?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Pokemon Let's Go Mudkip and Pokemon Let's Go Wobuffet

Pokemon Let's Go Snorlax and Pokemon Let's Go Sudowoodo. All you do is block people from passing all day.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

How does catching Pokemon work in handheld mode?

Press button to throw, aim with gyro (or left stick)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pokemon Let's Go Geodude starring Barack Obama.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Are there any NZ goons in this thread? My friend is moving there soon and my leaving present to her is going to be Smash Bros. I could just transfer her the money for it but are there any goon favourite shops/ delivery options for physical copies?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Beastie posted:

I've been holding the joycon flat, hitting the button, then moving it straight up and straight down in a 90 degree motion. I've missed 2 out of maybe 20 throws.

I’ve been throwing in a frenzy because holy poo poo it’s a butterfree. Lost about 20 balls but I got em.

Also you got 2 great balls!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Bought Pokémon

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Metacritic user reviews of Let's Go sure looking salty :o

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Meta critic shouldn't allow user reviews

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Metacritic user reviews of Let's Go sure looking salty :o

Oh God it's beautiful

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/pokemon-lets-go-eevee!/user-reviews

"Dumbed down" seems to be the phrase of choice. How dare they make this literal children's game easy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Metacritic sounds like the name of a Pokemon

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

And for the harcore Pokemon Let's Go Magicarp.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The extremely unpopular Let's Go Jynx

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

As we know, the fun of the original Red/Blue was entirely the result of a slapdash translation, game-padding random battles, frustrating RNG, psychic pokemon being the absolute fuckin' best, and a 4-shade color scheme

How dare they mess with perfection

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Meta critic shouldn't allow user reviews

Why not? It's all the same garbage.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I don't think I've ever had a deep desire to review any game, let alone on Metacritic.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m really liking this game and I’m 99% sure I can play it hammered which I’ll know soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rolo posted:

I’m really liking this game and I’m 99% sure I can play it hammered which I’ll know soon enough.

Let us know if this improves your ball throwing