Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Fermented Tinal posted:

My boss literally just used me getting rear-ended just outside the parking lot here at work as excuse to give me an ultimatum: Move to the GTA by Dec 10th or find another job because he thinks my commute is the problem and it's like bitch I didn't even make it 500m from the office.

Anyways, next morning pictures:

At this point I hope it gets totalled instead of repaired. It's tracking to the right and there's no way it'll ever be like it was before the hit again.

In manitoba we have new car insurance where it covers the first 2 years of the car's life where you owe more than the car is worth because of the depreciation off the lot -- do you have something similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Saw this pic this morning, trying to figure out which part of the car melted. The alloy wheel looks fine, must be the heads that melted? Or maybe the wheel on the other side possibly. Either way it's nuts.

Is it something with aluminium body panels? Lot easier to get thin sheet to melt than big solid lumps.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Fermented Tinal posted:

My boss literally just used me getting rear-ended just outside the parking lot here at work as excuse to give me an ultimatum: Move to the GTA by Dec 10th or find another job because he thinks my commute is the problem and it's like bitch I didn't even make it 500m from the office.

How's that legal? Have you been missing work a lot or something? Or just late a lot?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like you're getting a brand new car and a brand new job.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Is it something with aluminium body panels? Lot easier to get thin sheet to melt than big solid lumps.

Looks like it's a truck, but not sure if those wheels are OEM or aftermarket so hard to tell what make, if it's a Ford with the alloy body that could be it.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Guilty as charged. I have a week off and got it for an early Christmas present. Not bad so far, but very Fallout 4.

Absolutely. It's essentially Fallout 4 with friends and a hosed up food/water system, but the diseases can be fun! :haw: Going at it alone is okay and certain friends are better to play with than others, as per usual though, the super hardcore people that went balls deep on the fictional universe lore are annoying to play with. They'll read every last word from every kiosk while the other people in the party are tossing explosives everywhere and playing dress up waiting on "that guy" to finish reading every damned thing before we get to run into a building wielding fire axes with party hats on and so we can kill whatever is on the other side of the door and play dress up some more.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Suburban Dad posted:

How's that legal? Have you been missing work a lot or something? Or just late a lot?

I am the only person who is routinely on time/early to work. I'm not missing work either, he just thinks I'm gonna get killed on the roads due to the fact I'm driving 4 hours a day.

Reality: Two days ago I decided this job isn't worth it and have already been sending out resumes, I have zero plans on remaining here for more than the time it will take me to find another job.

E: Just got off the phone with my broker, I do have depreciation coverage and comprehensive on the Kia, because it was required for my financing, fingers crossed the car gets totalled.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 16, 2018

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

keykey posted:

Absolutely. It's essentially Fallout 4 with friends and a hosed up food/water system, but the diseases can be fun! :haw: Going at it alone is okay and certain friends are better to play with than others, as per usual though, the super hardcore people that went balls deep on the fictional universe lore are annoying to play with. They'll read every last word from every kiosk while the other people in the party are tossing explosives everywhere and playing dress up waiting on "that guy" to finish reading every damned thing before we get to run into a building wielding fire axes with party hats on and so we can kill whatever is on the other side of the door and play dress up some more.
I pretty much am "that guy", which is why I'm happy enough to play on my own. I tend to scour areas pretty clean. But I do like revisiting stuff to just wade into killing things.

I got the bucket excavator going yesterday, entertaining way to get some ore. Also, get the Riverside Manor quest (you need the worn veil quest item), it's fun.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Anyone want to guess how fast an 812 Superfast is?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fridge corn posted:

Super?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
812 Supers, if we're being technical.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

How duper are we talking?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fermented Tinal posted:

I am the only person who is routinely on time/early to work. I'm not missing work either, he just thinks I'm gonna get killed on the roads due to the fact I'm driving 4 hours a day.

Reality: Two days ago I decided this job isn't worth it and have already been sending out resumes, I have zero plans on remaining here for more than the time it will take me to find another job.

E: Just got off the phone with my broker, I do have depreciation coverage and comprehensive on the Kia, because it was required for my financing, fingers crossed the car gets totalled.

4hrs a day commuting sounds miserable, I hope you find something better soon

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

Hopefully not as fast as fire engines?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

fridge corn posted:

License to no license in 5 flat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just digitally signed the rest of the documents for the house. We close monday.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I just digitally signed the rest of the documents for the house. We close monday.

Normal person: we close on the house on this day. *closes on house on said day.*

Rhyno: live tweets every detail to AI

Honestly I may have like personal drama llama Rhyno better. Now your drama is grown up boring poo poo.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Suburban Dad posted:

Normal person: we close on the house on this day. *closes on house on said day.*

Rhyno: live tweets every detail to AI

Honestly I may have like personal drama llama Rhyno better. Now your drama is grown up boring poo poo.

Give it a moment: the next post will be that his computer caught a virus from the digital contract.

Or that Russians intercepted the communcations.

Or that the Chinese have stolen his digital identity.

Or that the house actually turns out to have been made of cheese.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Or he no longer has sex on the floor :ohdear:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Lol have you not heard about everdave's ex wife

Just call your lawyer and let him/her deal with it

Strapping the title to a handy raccoon would be more effective at this point.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

InitialDave posted:

I pretty much am "that guy", which is why I'm happy enough to play on my own. I tend to scour areas pretty clean. But I do like revisiting stuff to just wade into killing things.

I got the bucket excavator going yesterday, entertaining way to get some ore. Also, get the Riverside Manor quest (you need the worn veil quest item), it's fun.

Naaah you're not being that guy, you sound like you play it like one of us which is blast and loot everything clean then fast travel back to CAMP to build up then back to continue blasting and looting more. Also, we do really stupid poo poo like take on waaaaaaay higher level stuff than us and get pounded into oblivion, but keep going back for more. Deathclaw island?!? HELL. YES. LET'S DO THAT!

keykey fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 16, 2018

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Or he no longer has sex on the floor :ohdear:

If I had sex on the floor I'd throw out either my back, my wife's back, or both. I'm not 18 anymore, dammit.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Yo theres a scam out here lately where hackers are phishing your mortgage brokers/real estate agents and having very official looking emails about where to wire closing costs. Please verify via phone to your actual representative before wiring money anywhere

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

Strapping the title to a handy raccoon would be more effective at this point.

You joke but I still have raccoons, they are getting smarter I guess I have been thinning the herd of the less intelligent. Haven't caught one this week (they've been stealing the food from the traps)

Edit: she just picked up the youngest and I told her you have to get the title out of my name she is all like "oh yeah i forgot" so i don't expect much to happen. I have so much to deal with down at the County Clerk (how we register cars here). Majesta title STILL not here and need to register the LandCruiser today. Not looking forward to this.

everdave fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 16, 2018

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

BraveUlysses posted:

4hrs a day commuting sounds miserable, I hope you find something better soon

I enjoy driving and honestly 4 hours of commute is better than my old job with the dupont shift rotation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'M EXCITED LET ME HAVE THIS.

You guys are pretty much the only ones I've really talked to about this anyways.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's okay, I do the play-by-play thing for poo poo I'm excited about too.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Fermented Tinal posted:

Like quitting your job with the lovely manager?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I've been looking forward all week to introducing the new girl to all of my friends at their first punk show since like last winter tonight, and now she's sick. :(

Guess I'll get hammered at the show and go buy the new Pokemon game tomorrow and re-live my childhood. :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

Speaking of, I hope poo poo turns out for you. Push for car replacement and hen get your rear end a new job man.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The Prong Song posted:

Like quitting your job with the lovely manager?

:lol:

Despite my jokes, keep on posting dudes. I wouldn't have anything to read at work if you didn't.

What's up for the weekend? I'll probably watch some college football and chase around a toddler (mine, so it's not creepy).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Suburban Dad posted:

:lol:

Despite my jokes, keep on posting dudes. I wouldn't have anything to read at work if you didn't.

What's up for the weekend? I'll probably watch some college football and chase around a toddler (mine, so it's not creepy).

How's your shoulder healing up?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

We all know that any carpet burn Rhyno has from here out is due to home improvement rather than sex.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

keykey posted:

Side note: Anybody else playing Fallout 76?
How is it? Early beta reviews said the game was fun but needed a lot of fixes. I enjoyed 4, recently went back and replayed it, so I may pick it up. I've been playing Diablo 3 on the switch and it's scratching my ARPG loot need while I wait for the next season of Path of Exile.

Fermented Tinal posted:

gently caress.

Not even 2 weeks old.
poo poo sorry man

InitialDave posted:

My 7-8 year old i2500k seems to run it acceptably, completely sidestepping the supposed minimum requirements. 12gb of RAM and the 2gb R7 gpu I got for Fallout 4.
I've got the 3.3Ghz in my sim rig and it works great for almost everything I've thrown at it. Actually have it running world computing grid and heating the basement at the moment.

T-Square posted:

Guess I'll get hammered at the show and go buy the new Pokemon game tomorrow and re-live my childhood. :shrug:
Look forward to the drunk snaps, I'll send doggo in return as usual

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

How's your shoulder healing up?

It's healing but doc said only about 50-60% as of a couple weeks back. Makes some funny pops and such but not really in any pain when it happens. Range of motion is probably >90% of my other shoulder at this point. Gonna start swimming (yeah gently caress you I'm wearing a jammer!) to try and rehab it a bit more. Going to the gym and not being able to lift >10 lbs with your arm really gimps any sort of weight workout anyway so this will be a better distraction I think.

Thanks for asking.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 16, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just don't get content. My bud's dad has almost no use of his left arm because of an injury and he refused to do PT.

Oooh, you guys want some drama?

One of my groomsmen is on a loving crusade to rescue his friends daughter that eloped with a registered sex offender. Dude is 35, girl turned 18 the day they took off. He'd been after her since she was 14 but it's not the same girl he got convicted for. I have been asked to be a part of the brute squad to murder this guy.

And this is what he looks like, I know you'll enjoy this

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Just don't get content. My bud's dad has almost no use of his left arm because of an injury and he refused to do PT.

This ain't my first rodeo with recovering from injury/surgery. I was more surprised the doc didn't recommend PT but since I had ROM she said "eh."

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

How is it? Early beta reviews said the game was fun but needed a lot of fixes. I enjoyed 4, recently went back and replayed it, so I may pick it up. I've been playing Diablo 3 on the switch and it's scratching my ARPG loot need while I wait for the next season of Path of Exile.

I'm enjoying it, mostly because it's not nearly as polished as it should be and the bugs are Goat Simulator levels of amazing. Within the first 10 minutes, I stepped outside the vault and was hurled into the wastes, like 200 ft in the air, then instantly teleported to insta-death behind a robot as it was still shooting my corpse. I had already joined up with a friend at that point and we were both together when it bugged hard on me, it showed me 1/2 the map away and without the initial caps to get back. That's the only severely horrible bug that's happened so far, the rest are things like try to cook, but can't because clipping inside a turret and menu not showing up. We've been having fun with it to make the most put together/broken camp possible. Now we're trying to build as far up as we can to see if we can have a base camp on the valley floor but have a walkway to a bridge that's way above us.

Rhyno posted:

And this is what he looks like, I know you'll enjoy this

Holy poo poo, dude totally has a pedosmile (tm).

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Fire, lots of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's a former customer of mine and we knew something was hosed back then. We're also pretty sure he's in violation of his offender registration as he's adopted a new name.

• Locked thread