Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Here's my drama today. Dr started me on some physio and muscle relaxants for my back a couple weeks back. Seem to be helping. I can even sleep now, more or less. Day or two after I started on the muscle relaxants, I noticed a rash start on my lower right back (basically right kidney area). Didn't think much of it as it wasn't terribly itchy, but rashes are unusual for me in general. Thought it was maybe a side effect of the medication or something so I didn't really think about it.

After a week it persisted, decided to make an appt to get it checked out as it changed color a bit, but did seem to get a bit smaller. Appt was this morning.

Show it to the doctor (early 30s dude, super nice cool guy), he kind of smiles at me and says
:science: Hey, you have chicken pox as a kid?
:) Think so. Pretty sure.
:science: Congrats. You have shingles!
:( Really? Are you sure it's not just a rash or side effect. It's not really even that itchy or bothers me much.
:science: Haha, yeah, I'm pretty sure. Consider yourself lucky. Bad news is that we need to catch it within about 3-4 days to do much about it, too late for anything now really. Good news is it hasn't bothered you much and it looks like it's going away. At 2 weeks it's pretty much run its course and will probably be mostly gone next week. Stay away from kids, but don't worry too much about it.
:( Thanks.

FFS. God drat shingles. That's something my 80 year old grandpa got :( Oh well. At least I'm not a scratchy mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

He's a former customer of mine and we knew something was hosed back then. We're also pretty sure he's in violation of his offender registration as he's adopted a new name.

Thread recommendations for a car with a boot big enough for a body?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spog posted:

Thread recommendations for a car with a boot big enough for a body?

I know a dude with an 80's Crown Vic.

He tried to lure a different girl into a relationship a few years ago so there's three on his tally that we're aware but he's only been convicted for one.
https://www.homefacts.com/offender-...vExvu7t0RS-b1BA

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

slidebite posted:

FFS. God drat shingles. That's something my 80 year old grandpa got :( Oh well. At least I'm not a scratchy mess.

I had a rash on my arm that came out of nowhere a couple years ago. Doctor immediately claimed it was shingles. It wasn't. It resolved in a week, but weird stuff (nobody ever figured out what it was, skin is strange). I hope yours isn't shingles, I've heard that poo poo hurts.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Rhyno posted:

And this is what he looks like, I know you'll enjoy this

Is My Chemical Romance dude banking on some 35 year old guy being scared of him?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I know a dude with an 80's Crown Vic.

He tried to lure a different girl into a relationship a few years ago so there's three on his tally that we're aware but he's only been convicted for one.
https://www.homefacts.com/offender-...vExvu7t0RS-b1BA

quote:

Scars, Marks, and Tattoos

Scar on Lower_back (Surgical scar) , Piercing on L_ear (2x piercing) , Piercing on Tongue (Pierced tongue) , Piercing on L_eyebrow (Pierced) , Piercing on R_eyebrow (Pierced) , Tattoo on Upper_L_Arm (silent Hill game symbol, BLACK AND RED CIRCLE WITH SYMBOLS) , Tattoo on Upper_R_Arm (Animal skull) , Tattoo on Upper_back_center (Chinese SYMBOL FOR (Order)) , Scar on Stomach (surgical scars)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

He's a former customer of mine and we knew something was hosed back then. We're also pretty sure he's in violation of his offender registration as he's adopted a new name.

PHRASING

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LoL, at the comic shop you goon.

He's just terrible and I'm shocked he hasn't been beaten to death with a shovel. 35 and dresses like he's 15. Last I knew he was renting a room over a garage as he couldn't find an actual apartment.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Last I knew he was renting a room over a garage as he couldn't find an actual apartment.

So he graduated from a basement below a house to one above a house... classy.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

slidebite posted:

Here's my drama today. Dr started me on some physio and muscle relaxants for my back a couple weeks back. Seem to be helping. I can even sleep now, more or less. Day or two after I started on the muscle relaxants, I noticed a rash start on my lower right back (basically right kidney area). Didn't think much of it as it wasn't terribly itchy, but rashes are unusual for me in general. Thought it was maybe a side effect of the medication or something so I didn't really think about it.

After a week it persisted, decided to make an appt to get it checked out as it changed color a bit, but did seem to get a bit smaller. Appt was this morning.

Show it to the doctor (early 30s dude, super nice cool guy), he kind of smiles at me and says
:science: Hey, you have chicken pox as a kid?
:) Think so. Pretty sure.
:science: Congrats. You have shingles!
:( Really? Are you sure it's not just a rash or side effect. It's not really even that itchy or bothers me much.
:science: Haha, yeah, I'm pretty sure. Consider yourself lucky. Bad news is that we need to catch it within about 3-4 days to do much about it, too late for anything now really. Good news is it hasn't bothered you much and it looks like it's going away. At 2 weeks it's pretty much run its course and will probably be mostly gone next week. Stay away from kids, but don't worry too much about it.
:( Thanks.

One of my old girlfriends had it when she was 17. She said it was unbelievably painful

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That's one of the things that made me so surprised. It's really not itchy or painful at all. If I scratch it, it might get slightly itchy for a moment, but doesn't stick around. Certainly not painful at all. Doctor seemed pretty darned sure though.

Although, a "rash" to hang around for 2 weeks is super unusual for me too, so IDKWTF.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife's company catered a lunch for the local industry professionals and because of the poo poo weather a bunch of people couldn't make it so my fridge is now full of Chipotle catering.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

My wife's company catered a lunch for the local industry professionals and because of the poo poo weather a bunch of people couldn't make it so my fridge is now full of Chipotle catering.

drat you lucky bastard

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fridge corn posted:

cakesmith handyman posted:

One day I aspire to owning a computer good enough to run a first-person fallout game :allears:

PS4s Xbox Ones are pretty cheap

That's why I gave up on PCs and went to an Xbox 360 years ago.

Humphreys posted:

If anyone isn't still on the TG thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qBqvfH2YY4

Hah! "JM's Unemployment Tube."

everdave posted:

I just got a renewal notice for the Prius that I had to give to my lazy bum of an ex-wife. This means it is still in my name and she is out I am sure often driving drunk in a car in my name registered to me. What the hell can I do? I signed the title over to her in July. This is a person who was told by the judge in December to get a job and of course she hasn’t.

spog posted:

Can't you advise the govt that you don't own it yourself?

Texas has a form that you sign and pay $5 or so to assert that you no longer own the vehicle. See if your state does something like that.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

nice collection of e coli ya got there

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Just don't get content. My bud's dad has almost no use of his left arm because of an injury and he refused to do PT.

Oooh, you guys want some drama?

One of my groomsmen is on a loving crusade to rescue his friends daughter that eloped with a registered sex offender. Dude is 35, girl turned 18 the day they took off. He'd been after her since she was 14 but it's not the same girl he got convicted for. I have been asked to be a part of the brute squad to murder this guy.

She's over 18? Tread loving carefully.
Adults are free to do dumbass poo poo and those who interfere with anything like violence or stalkinh, tend to be the ones who go to prison.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

RIP toilet

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

You guys are pretty much the only ones I've really talked to about this anyways.

I like hearing about the stuff going on in you guys' lives.

Especially the life-changing stuff: relationship milestones, orientation revelations, gender acknowledgement, etc. It's nice to be part of it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Let's see a scale shot. :getin:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

quote:

Darchangel posted:

PS4s Xbox Ones are pretty cheap

That's why I gave up on PCs and went to an Xbox 360 years ago.
Can consoles use real input devices yet? gently caress gamepads forever.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 17, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Professor: Credible sources are places like the National Institute of Health, papers accessed from the school's online library (like Pubmed, EBSCO, ProQuest), and your textbooks.

Student: Pulls from the NIH, the library, and the textbook.

Professor:

:psyduck:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Rhyno posted:

Just don't get content. My bud's dad has almost no use of his left arm because of an injury and he refused to do PT.

Oooh, you guys want some drama?

One of my groomsmen is on a loving crusade to rescue his friends daughter that eloped with a registered sex offender. Dude is 35, girl turned 18 the day they took off. He'd been after her since she was 14 but it's not the same girl he got convicted for. I have been asked to be a part of the brute squad to murder this guy.

Man. Look at that photo again. You want to go to prison for beating up that guy? Save it for someone worth your time.

Queen Combat posted:

Professor: Credible sources are places like the National Institute of Health, papers accessed from the school's online library (like Pubmed, EBSCO, ProQuest), and your textbooks.

Professor:

As argued by Mastodon and Haztenbuhler (2013), the professor can "Go suck a dick. Suck a dick. Suck a motherfucking dick. Suck a dick. Suck a huge or small one."

-----
References:
Mastodon, N. & Haztenbuhler, D. [ShockingDirector] (2013, December 5) GO SUCK A DICK SONG [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS2PCPKomCc

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I got stuck at a traffic light this morning because it was solid ice and up-hill and the dude behind me was like an inch off my bumper so i couldn't move over into the snow to find grip.

Time to get some tire chains for the lincoln :getin:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I want a new account theme but how can I possibly top inchi dickari

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

INCHI DICKARI posted:

Come on the main character in Boku no Hero is literally called Deku.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

INCHI DICKARI posted:

Save your money.

Queen Combat posted:

Professor:

Using your textbook as a source is both bad form and lazy. NIH Is a proper, peer-edited source.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 17, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I did exactly as they asked, if you read the picture. Those are my sources for the single paragraph answer I gave to that particular question.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My friends kids shoved the power seat in an outback forward now the switch is not working and he asked me to ask the masses. Can you manually any way adjust? He can not do anything more technical than using a screwdriver

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Queen Combat posted:

I did exactly as they asked, if you read the picture. Those are my sources for the single paragraph answer I gave to that particular question.

... I was agreeing with you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

everdave posted:

My friends kids shoved the power seat in an outback forward now the switch is not working and he asked me to ask the masses. Can you manually any way adjust? He can not do anything more technical than using a screwdriver

You could probably drive the motor backwards with a power drill. Hopefully it's just the switch and nothing else went bad or sheared. Does it make any noise when the switch is pushed at all?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

... I was agreeing with you.

Ah. Yeah, just doing what they want and still getting dinged for it in the comments. Weird that NIH isn't considered a proper source even though it's the most proper source IMO.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You could probably drive the motor backwards with a power drill. Hopefully it's just the switch and nothing else went bad or sheared. Does it make any noise when the switch is pushed at all?

He said it sounds like it clicks. We are at a bar. He has 3 kids and I have 2 and we both blowing off some steam. I’ll begrudgingly fix it for him if I know what to do this weekend

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

everdave posted:

He said it sounds like it clicks. We are at a bar. He has 3 kids and I have 2 and we both blowing off some steam. I’ll begrudgingly fix it for him if I know what to do this weekend

So the switch probably works, but the motor is stuck or has sheared a gear off or something. Did the kids use the switch to move it or did they just reef on it like apes?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Powershift solution would be to sit in it and reef on it with your body weight while pushing the button. It'll either fix the problem or create one too big to bother solving.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:goshawk: And as the seasons begin to change, the new generation of Winter Project Threads start blooming all around us~*~*~*~

North bound dragging a Datsun the whole way

Miata Is Always The Answer: A long time coming

Slow old diesel leaf sprung Toyota 4wds (no rust this time)

Tin Top Troubles

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
These are all p. good threads

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

So the switch probably works, but the motor is stuck or has sheared a gear off or something. Did the kids use the switch to move it or did they just reef on it like apes?

They pushed it from the back seat his kids are wild

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

They pushed it from the back seat his kids are wild

Get them to push it back then. Probably sheared a gear :(

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Holy gently caress swimming is hard. I haven't done it in a long, long time and now I want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ilkhan posted:

Can consoles use real input devices yet? gently caress gamepads forever.

Real Yakuza use a gamepad.

KB + M 4 LYFE

• Locked thread