Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

bought some records

they're all very good

Kytänsoittajat is a pretty sweet band name.

"Små lätta moln" is one of my all-time favourite tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

bought some records

they're all very good

kakka hata 77 ftw

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

Jerry Cotton posted:

Kytänsoittajat is a pretty sweet band name.

their side of the split w/ these two songs is one of the best punk records i've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsEYRQ2rBGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMywc0q2epk

just god drat

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

their side of the split w/ these two songs is one of the best punk records i've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsEYRQ2rBGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMywc0q2epk

just god drat

hell ya suomi perkele

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

bought some records

they're all very good

i want all of those

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

Anyone who likes metal but not punk is a dork.

Those people generally have terrible taste in metal anyway

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Speaking of metal, 20 Buck Spin is having a sale for the next week. I grabbed 3 records because I'm already 6 or 7 deep this month, but there's more with my name on it if I lose some self control as the week goes on.
https://www.20buckspin.com/collections/vinyl?sort_by=price-ascending

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
whole lot of heat on sale there wow

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah 20BS has been absolutely killing it lately, so many great releases this year.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

bought some records

they're all very good

these are very good

boxing recent stuff up (again!) because i'm getting a house an gonna move again. which is nice because all of my records are all still boxed up in closets.

Aril Laury is some awesome moody bedroom keyboard moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzB1qFaTsDY

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Just finished shuffling furniture around and used it as an excuse to re-sleeve and re-alphabetize my mostly black and death metal collection, so I thought I'd snap pics of it and post it for people that like that sort of stuff.
https://imgur.com/a/0XkYME6

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Mondo just announced re-presses of Studio Ghibili records

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-studio-ghibli-represses-dist-titles

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

lightintheattic.net has these as well. I ordered from them last week, the prices were decent for a Japanese import.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

I saw these available on Amazon and really wanted My Neighbor Totoro, but gently caress I can't justify paying $50 for a single LP.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
As long as we’re making ourselves feel bad with stuff we can’t afford: Ship to Shore records will be re-releasing the soundtracks for Mother, Mother 2, Gradius II, and Gradius III. They start taking preorders on Wednesday at 10 AM EST.

With that out of the way: What the hell is an “image album”?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Maybe a dumb way of saying picture disc?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Nazzadan posted:

Maybe a dumb way of saying picture disc?

Image album created with the concept of ‘’making songs which children really want and can sing out loud with their mouths widely opened.’’

I think it's versions of the songs made in to children's songs?

I ordered the Totoro and Nausicaa soundtracks, they were only $40 each from Light in the Attic.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
"only"

content
Feb 13, 2014

pwn posted:

As long as we’re making ourselves feel bad with stuff we can’t afford: Ship to Shore records will be re-releasing the soundtracks for Mother, Mother 2, Gradius II, and Gradius III. They start taking preorders on Wednesday at 10 AM EST.

Lol just sold my copy of Mother 2 for $70 on ebay 2 days ago. I'll be glad to pick it up again.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
VMP is having a sale of up to 40% off select titles. Picked up a few ones I was looking at, but the site went down almost as soon as the sale started and by the time I was able to get in RAM was already sold out again. Would have been a good deal too.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
God drat The Unconquerable Dark is a good album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97IO2GTwyiI
Wasn’t expecting it until December, so very happy to get it today.

And the Symmetry album came as well, so I’ve been subjecting myself to one hell of a genre warp here.

That one is really neat too, though I think I can see why it wasn’t used for the film.

E: turns out both were original pressings! The Black Tongue is the U.K. 2015 pressing, and the Symmetry one is the original 2012 pressing, with MP3 code and all (wonder if that still works?!)

lighthugger fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 20, 2018

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Aguirre is re-releasing Vektroid's New Dreams Ltd. - Sleepline and Sacred Tapestry - Shader Complete in a little over a week, but not sure if I care enough to drop $30 on each of them

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

MrSargent posted:

VMP is having a sale of up to 40% off select titles. Picked up a few ones I was looking at, but the site went down almost as soon as the sale started and by the time I was able to get in RAM was already sold out again. Would have been a good deal too.

Yeah. I was looking to grab a few things but it was a poo poo show. Once the dust settled the Axelrod, Tom Waits, and Psychedelic Cumbia albums were all gone. Managed to pick up Ghetto Brothers, Shina Williams, and Ofege records for ok prices. Nothing mind blowing but slightly less than they are going for on discogs. Their sales are always kinda crappy. Most of the good stuff is gone in minutes and will disappear in the time it takes to go from your cart to checkout.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

MrSargent posted:

What are the odds they'll refund me the difference on some stuff I've ordered to be delivered in my monthly shipment that'll be early December? $11 would be nice and I'd probably go over that buying more records.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

MrSargent posted:

I saw these available on Amazon and really wanted My Neighbor Totoro, but gently caress I can't justify paying $50 for a single LP.

but MAYBE you could

:shepspends:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Schremp Howard posted:

What are the odds they'll refund me the difference on some stuff I've ordered to be delivered in my monthly shipment that'll be early December? $11 would be nice and I'd probably go over that buying more records.

Email info@vinylmeplease.com and tell them which sale items you’ve bought in the last 30 days and they’ll credit you the sale difference.

Man the site’s 3 hour downtime was brutal. I had Lightnin’ Slim’s Rooster Blues in my cart but i got an error any time I tried checking out. By the time it actually worked again, Rooster Blues was sold out.

I did end up picking up Ofege, the Charlie Rouse Blue Note that’s been in their store since forever, a Max Roach album that sold out about two minutes after I bought it, and Jazzmatazz II, another out of print VMP release that came back in the store for all of 15 minutes. So while I’m bummed about missing Rooster, I really can’t complain much.

Edit: if y’all haven’t already gotten it, Lafayette Afro Rock Band’s “Malik” is only $14. Absolutely worth it.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 20, 2018

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

JehovahsWetness posted:

these are very good

boxing recent stuff up (again!) because i'm getting a house an gonna move again. which is nice because all of my records are all still boxed up in closets.

Aril Laury is some awesome moody bedroom keyboard moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzB1qFaTsDY

I seriously thought that sleeve said "Moody poo poo Larry" as I scrolled through

it's real nice tho

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Also back to the VMP sale, they have a store exclusive of some band called The Goon Sax and I really hope they got that name from the story of Martin Random’s roommate :scatsax:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Ballz posted:

Edit: if y’all haven’t already gotten it, Lafayette Afro Rock Band’s “Malik” is only $14. Absolutely worth it.

VMP enticed me back in with a free record so the one month sub was basically $15 a record which is pretty reasonable. I think these sales really show how much they are over producing and price gouging though.

I might have to pick up an extra copy of Malik at that price.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Thread, post your James Last Christmas record pics.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

sporklift posted:

VMP enticed me back in with a free record so the one month sub was basically $15 a record which is pretty reasonable. I think these sales really show how much they are over producing and price gouging though.

I might have to pick up an extra copy of Malik at that price.

A large part of the sale are titles that aren't VMP exclusives, though. So I don't know that they are really over-producing since the really popular exclusives seem to go out of stock frequently.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Y’all. Mustafa von Ozkent Newbury Comics exclusive.

If you haven’t already get that poo poo.

Edit: And Malik is sold out at VMP. Hope you didn’t sleep on it.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 20, 2018

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Ballz posted:

aaah it’s splatty :supaburn:

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Does Newbury usually do a Black Friday sale? I need this, but the $8 shipping hurts and it's going to be a slippery slope if I want to earn that free shipping at retail prices.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

DeNofa posted:

Does Newbury usually do a Black Friday sale? I need this, but the $8 shipping hurts and it's going to be a slippery slope if I want to earn that free shipping at retail prices.

They just had a 20% sale last week, not sure if they are doing a Black Friday sale. Picked up Ironman by Ghostface Killah and The Beatnuts' "Street Level" for only about $30 total. The shipping sucks but I wasn't going to find those albums for less anywhere else.

Also, pretty sure Jackpot Records still has this for sale (regular black vinyl) priced at 15.99 and I believe the shipping is reasonable.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Yeah getting it from Newbury is solely for the splatter. Record is still just as good in standard black.

One other thing to consider is Newbury’s pressing is only 300 so I’m not sure how long it’ll stick around for.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I got the Mustafa Ozkent record on ebay for same price and less for shipping tbh, but I'm in UK.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Uncle Kitchener posted:

I got the Mustafa Ozkent record on ebay for same price and less for shipping tbh, but I'm in UK.

The Newbury Comics exclusive versions are a bit more expensive than the standard pressings. I avoid them because I've gotten a few that were not great pressings. In particular I picked up two copies John Carpenter's Lost Themes II that had a serious pressing defect and after returning to the store twice I just asked for a refund and went and bought the album from the Sacred Bones website instead. I think I even saved a few dollars. I really only bought it from Newbury Comics because I didn't mind paying a bit extra to have it that day.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Ballz posted:

Merry Christmas to meeeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

$45 for the Nausicaa Symphony version on Mondo, guess i'll grab it for christmas.