Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't buy games on disc and don't even buy movies on disc anymore, but I still use my console's disc drive to play the blu rays/dvds I already owned before I stopped buying them. And with backcompat, some of the old games. I would miss a disc drive if it went away for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zat posted:

To be fair, Blu-ray discs are incredibly scratch resistant, so multiple discs on a single spindle is even less of an issue than with DVDs.

Tell that to my Xbox One X that shat itself and refused to acknowledge the disc literally the second time I tried to play RDR2. The disc had been removed from its case exactly one time.

I mean I know they're scratch resistant but wtf Microsoft?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Was the latest Tomb Raider worth getting?

Did you play the other two? Its the same thing but with more stealth swimming

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Was the latest Tomb Raider worth getting?

If you really like tombs and really hate good story, yes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The best Tomb Raider game is the one where Lara meets Jesus Christ and wants to gently caress him really badly, but all the modern ones are decent if not standard affair.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

Did you play the other two? Its the same thing but with more stealth swimming

It actually has substantially less combat than either Rise or the 2013 game, so in the end I actually found it a lot less satisfying. Ymmv

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

2013 game remains at the top of my list for the modern series. I'm about 50% through the second one and I don't think I can muster the interest to finish it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

2013 game remains at the top of my list for the modern series. I'm about 50% through the second one and I don't think I can muster the interest to finish it.

The witch dlc is good but yeah rise is sorta lame

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Tomb Raider reboot is all made worthwhile when Lara emerges from a pool of blood dripping wet and goes all predator on everyone in the final act and then finds a machine gun and turns into rambo and it loving owns.

:black101:

The second game is alright I guess. Haven't played the third yet.

I don't think the new movie did too well but I wouldn't mind a sequel to that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

There's a bit of a gotcha with a discless in that, while it's not exactly a huge number, there are a few games you can only get on disc due to some legal shenanigans. In fact a decent chunk of Telltale's catalog isn't purchasable digitally anymore (although you can still download it if you bought it earlier) because of their liquidation shitshow. A few 360 games, too. Hell, Forza Horizon 1 and 2 aren't obtainable digitally anymore even.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Forza 5 as well. The forza series only seems to have like a 4 year lifespan before their licenses run out.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
There's frankly a lot of cheap Xbone discs out there that I'd happily pick up now if I could be sure that i could mail them into Microsoft and get a digital license for them. But have no interest in keeping around as actual discs or putting them in the drive ever.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
What’s the point of my mint copy of Otometius Excellent (NIB) if they’re getting rid of my loving disc drive

Barudak
May 7, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

What’s the point of my mint copy of Otometius Excellent (NIB) if they’re getting rid of my loving disc drive

The pillow case cover it came with???

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I'm looking at Wolfenstein 2. It's $10 with Gold. One month of Gold is currently $1.

If I get Gold, then Wolfenstein, and let Gold expire at the end of the 30 days, I still own and can play the game, right? The lockdown only applies to free Gold games if you let your subscription expire, correct?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm looking at Wolfenstein 2. It's $10 with Gold. One month of Gold is currently $1.

If I get Gold, then Wolfenstein, and let Gold expire at the end of the 30 days, I still own and can play the game, right? The lockdown only applies to free Gold games if you let your subscription expire, correct?

Correct
Anything you buy is yours to keep

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Cool, just making sure. Thanks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a good measurement for the Xbox One boxes for making a custom cover? I bought a bunch of used 360 and OG Xbox games recently but the stickers on them gently caress up the cases, while my Bully copy has a Xbox One style case and cover that I like to make custom versions like that for the rest. Tried to look on google, but I get either the resolution of the xbox itself or really tiny ones that won't print right.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Rirse posted:

Is there a good measurement for the Xbox One boxes for making a custom cover? I bought a bunch of used 360 and OG Xbox games recently but the stickers on them gently caress up the cases, while my Bully copy has a Xbox One style case and cover that I like to make custom versions like that for the rest. Tried to look on google, but I get either the resolution of the xbox itself or really tiny ones that won't print right.

So, you mean the insert paper cover art? The dimensions of the whole insert are ~267 mm by ~147 mm - approximately 10.52 inches by 5.78 inches. The middle spine section is about 12 mm wide, the front and back are each about 127 mm wide.

For a high enough resolution image, you'll want it to be around 3100 pixels by 1700 pixels or so.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

fishmech posted:

So, you mean the insert paper cover art? The dimensions of the whole insert are ~267 mm by ~147 mm - approximately 10.52 inches by 5.78 inches. The middle spine section is about 12 mm wide, the front and back are each about 127 mm wide.

For a high enough resolution image, you'll want it to be around 3100 pixels by 1700 pixels or so.

Thank you that what I need. I probably try to replicate the Bully case for them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rirse posted:

Thank you that what I need. I probably try to replicate the Bully case for them.

That sounds like a neat project. If they turn out well please post some pics in here for us to check out.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
BLOPS4 trip report: as I guessed, Blackout (or battle royale in general) is not for me. It's just not fun camping in a few locations hoping for someone to come by. I played 3 solo matches and got shot out of nowhere in 2. In one I got in a shootout with someone too far away to really tell. I can see how others like it, but slow-paced action is just not my style. I played several matches in regular multiplayer of FFA and TD, and had much more fun in those. Old man yelling at cloud here, but new CoD games have just added too much crap to pay attention to. I really miss the CoD games from last gen. Black Ops 2 is probably my favorite, and it's cool they brought back a few maps to the new game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BisterdDave posted:

BLOPS4 trip report: as I guessed, Blackout (or battle royale in general) is not for me. It's just not fun camping in a few locations hoping for someone to come by. I played 3 solo matches and got shot out of nowhere in 2. In one I got in a shootout with someone too far away to really tell. I can see how others like it, but slow-paced action is just not my style. I played several matches in regular multiplayer of FFA and TD, and had much more fun in those. Old man yelling at cloud here, but new CoD games have just added too much crap to pay attention to. I really miss the CoD games from last gen. Black Ops 2 is probably my favorite, and it's cool they brought back a few maps to the new game.

Seriously let's try some quads in blackout. In solo, camping is king but with teammates, you can pick a spot to land, try to clear it out (of loot and enemies) then you go as a raiding party to other areas. It also encourages more teamwork as the best teams have two people draw attention while two others sneak up and flank the enemy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

^Ineffiable we're already xbox pals (dr fatsaq)

Yeah I like playing Blackout better than any other BR but I still walk around forever then get shot right without a prayer of retaliating. My first game I ever played was by far my best (like six kills in solos) I keep giving it a chance then going back to BFV/Rocket League and then just turning everything off after an hour. Doesn't help that as I approach 40 my reflexes are getting noticeably worse. I used to dominate FPSes and sports games always, now I'm just ok.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah I actually won my second ever solo match (by crawling everywhere then shooting the last guy) but it is amazing how much quad teams change everything. You can revive team mates that are downed and you always should be covering each other so a lot less 'getting shot out of nowhere and dying'

Its still fun to play even if I get outgunned in long range matches all the time. The trick is to be more patient and try to utilize cover more.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Ineffiable posted:

Seriously let's try some quads in blackout. In solo, camping is king but with teammates, you can pick a spot to land, try to clear it out (of loot and enemies) then you go as a raiding party to other areas. It also encourages more teamwork as the best teams have two people draw attention while two others sneak up and flank the enemy.

I down for some quads later today, just let me know when. I figured it's probably more fun playing with others, solo was just too slow. It also doesn't help that I'm very impatient.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah I like playing Blackout better than any other BR but I still walk around forever then get shot right without a prayer of retaliating. My first game I ever played was by far my best (like six kills in solos) I keep giving it a chance then going back to BFV/Rocket League and then just turning everything off after an hour. Doesn't help that as I approach 40 my reflexes are getting noticeably worse. I used to dominate FPSes and sports games always, now I'm just ok.

I can tell that I'm getting slower reflexes definitely within the last 2-3 years. Like you, I used to dominate in CoD, but that also might be because I played so much that I knew the maps and spawnpoints like the back of my hand. This is also the first CoD I've ever played with an Xbox controller, so that might be impacting everything a bit.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

You guys wanna do blackout at like... Maybe 7pm est or so?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Going to dinner with the wifey poops. Can't really ever commit to a time to be honest, too much poo poo going on all the time. :( If you see me, invite me.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Anything worth picking up before this sale ends? I just beat Assassin's Creed Odyssey last week and need something to play while I wait for the DLC to slowly trickle out. I asked about Tomb Raider but that didn't sounds like a buy to me.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any xboxers playing fallout

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Anything worth picking up before this sale ends? I just beat Assassin's Creed Odyssey last week and need something to play while I wait for the DLC to slowly trickle out. I asked about Tomb Raider but that didn't sounds like a buy to me.

If you didn’t already play them on the 360, $5 for both remastered Batman Arkham games is a good deal

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Edit: Used

Here’s a code for 1 month free game pass:

V6DHJ-74RDK-J6YKG-D7QCD-YJ66Z

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 20, 2018

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Can I play my own music while I play forza horizon 4 because hot drat is every playlist garbage

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

Here’s a code for 1 month free game pass:

V6DHJ-74RDK-J6YKG-D7QCD-YJ66Z

Thanks! This actually gave me 2 months for enabling recurring payment (then I disabled it right afterwards).

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Laserface posted:

Can I play my own music while I play forza horizon 4 because hot drat is every playlist garbage

I will often use the Spotify app in the background while playing the game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Hey thread, can you still yell xbox snap tv so you can watch tv picture in picture while you play games?

derk
Sep 24, 2004

limaCAT posted:

Hey thread, can you still yell xbox snap tv so you can watch tv picture in picture while you play games?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

snap was pretty dumb IMO.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

derk posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

snap was pretty dumb IMO.

Workin' fine here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Workin' fine here

I knew you were sick but thats criminal use of space.