Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'll take any excuse to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-L-G1q_0L8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Sorry, can't beat Spiderman belly flopping then blowing up.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Has Mario kart ever gone on sale on the eshop?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

It’s still constantly selling so it hasn’t really

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Something I really appreciate about Pokemon Let's Go- being able to take any Pokemon out and have them follow you around does a lot to add personality to them. I'll almost be a little sad to see this funny little Bellsprout evolve into Weepinbell. That's not something that would have ever happened in any of the other games :3:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Yeah, I got it for €40 digitally a few months back, they were selling a lot of their first party games for 2/3rds normal price.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Meh, I'm currently on NG+ and 50 hours into Dark Souls and it has been extremely enjoyable, even if this is the 20th time I play the game. But the itch to get something new has been gnawing at me for a few days

I figure I can just wait til smash to buy a new title, but in the meantime I'm fighting the impulse to buy a new smaller game. Anything particularly cool and budget that just came out within the last month or two?

I know the eShop is inundated with quality $15 to $20 Indies, it's kind of hard to settle on one. I've already got Celeste, steamworld dig 2, golf story, darkest dungeon, both bayos, necromancer, and dungeon to name the most notable ones. Oh I also got MM11, but barely played it. I guess I can finally make time for it but it's not the most exciting proposition idk

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

KingSlime posted:

Meh, I'm currently on NG+ and 50 hours into Dark Souls and it has been extremely enjoyable, even if this is the 20th time I play the game. But the itch to get something new has been gnawing at me for a few days

I figure I can just wait til smash to buy a new title, but in the meantime I'm fighting the impulse to buy a new smaller game. Anything particularly cool and budget that just came out within the last month or two?

I know the eShop is inundated with quality $15 to $20 Indies, it's kind of hard to settle on one. I've already got Celeste, steamworld dig 2, golf story, darkest dungeon, both bayos, necromancer, and dungeon to name the most notable ones. Oh I also got MM11, but barely played it. I guess I can finally make time for it but it's not the most exciting proposition idk

Hollow Knight has a dark souls vibe to it, and has very great music / art.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

KingSlime posted:

Go get The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_d posted:

oh, what the hell. I was kind of wondering when I would get all the stuff it was listing

update - I had been using blessed shield because i had a legendary effect that increased its damage by like 300% but now i got 6 pieces of the crusader set and sweep attack is boosted by 3300% :stare:

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
It's pretty nice that Civ 6 is portable now

This is going to be my first chance to really play it since it ran like poo poo on my laptop

Please throw tips my way if there's anything a new player should know

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 18, 2018

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Any reccomendations for battery packs or wall chargers?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

THE loving MOON posted:

Something I really appreciate about Pokemon Let's Go- being able to take any Pokemon out and have them follow you around does a lot to add personality to them. I'll almost be a little sad to see this funny little Bellsprout evolve into Weepinbell. That's not something that would have ever happened in any of the other games :3:

Yeah I like being able to ride Arcanine but I miss my little volcano puppy chasing me around.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I can't pick between Pikachu or Eevee. I can trade for the missing Pokémon with my friends (one has Pikachu, the other Eevee) so the question is mostly just which one is cuter I guess. Which one is cuter, goons?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

eevee.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pick Eevee so you can fit an Alolan Raichu into your team

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Rolo posted:

I officially like Poke:LG a lot. Two questions:

What am I doing wrong with my throwing at the TV? I’ll do what feels like the same thing twice and the ball will go 300mph to the right. I think I’m missing the core concept.

Did I miss where to get clothes and accessories? I’m 2 badges in and I haven’t found anything.
My attempts to throw straight are usually fine, but if I attempt to throw left it definitely has the ball zooming right.

Edit: Eevee is cuter.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Everyone here says Eevee so you should be contrarian and pick Pikachu.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

b_d posted:

eevee.
hard to trust someone with the worst squid as their avatar tbh

Andrast posted:

Pick Eevee so you can fit an Alolan Raichu into your team
v good point

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

a7m2 posted:

hard to trust someone with the worst squid as their avatar tbh

im loving shakeing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is better than a Chaplin routine

RME
Feb 20, 2012

was already considering getting this on PS4
how hard is it to buy stuff on the JPN eShop?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RME posted:

was already considering getting this on PS4
how hard is it to buy stuff on the JPN eShop?

Make a JP account, add account to Switch, buy eShop codes online, buy game.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Make a JP account, add account to Switch, buy eShop codes online, buy game.

i wasnt sure if NINTENDO ONLINE mucked up the process at all

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RME posted:

i wasnt sure if NINTENDO ONLINE mucked up the process at all

If you want to use said account for online gaming, you'll need to get a Nintendo Online sub for it or add it to a family account, but there isn't a console on the market that requires the Online sub simply to access the digital shop.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

well you used to be able to swap accounts tied to profiles and idk if people did that for their out of region games or just used separate profiles from the start

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jim Sterling is selling me on Pokemon Let's Go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eEtYdWcUbg

EDIT - Jesus gently caress, Jim Sterling really makes the motion controls sound terrible in this game.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 18, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So....
Moonlighter

Overall I had a lot of fun BUT once you beat the first dungeon, you've seen almost the whole game.

Aside from a couple vendors (two of which you may NEVER use) and shop upgrades, the game does not offer anything new.
The enemies in the other dungeons are effectively pallet swaps and the gear upgrades are linear and kinda boring.

The final section of the game feels extremely rushed and the last boss is piss-easy, even on Hard.

I would not pay $25 for it. It feels like a very good 60% of a game.
It's gorgeous, the animation work is tops and the combat is pretty good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RME posted:

well you used to be able to swap accounts tied to profiles and idk if people did that for their out of region games or just used separate profiles from the start

I genuinely don't know why anyone did that at all. Like, almost everyone I know has a main profile, followed by other profiles with the same name and JP/EU/etc for other regions, so the thought of constantly attaching and unattaching accounts to your profile seems really backwards for no benefit.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Elderbean posted:

Any reccomendations for battery packs or wall chargers?

Anker has two official ones, I went with the smaller of the two and it's great. Charges my laptop and phones as well, and even the smaller capacity is enough for like 10 hours of Switch time. It's compact too.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Are Hollow or Fall of Light any good?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jim Sterling is selling me on Pokemon Let's Go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eEtYdWcUbg

EDIT - Jesus gently caress, Jim Sterling really makes the motion controls sound terrible in this game.

If Old Man's Journey was any indication, they need to be reset quite a lot.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

People who buy these games should have their voter registration purged

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There is some complicated psychosexual association happening there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno about the game but Girls und Panzer is a good show

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I’ve always found it interesting that people see Girls Und Panzer and always assume it’s like a typical Japanese fetish thing. One the things I like about it is that it goes out of its loving way NOT to sexualize it’s cast.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure this "World War 2 tanks/ships/guns/planes but as/with anime schoolgirls" is actually good, unlike those other ones

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How many do you know?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your Computer posted:

I'm sure this "World War 2 tanks/ships/guns/planes but as/with anime schoolgirls" is actually good, unlike those other ones

It's a good show about friendship and shooting your friends with tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
military fetishism is by far the more objectionable element of the "anime titty + military fetishism" combo anyhow