Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Found two robots stuck in a loop asking each other questions and then being unwillingly or unable to answer each question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This game appears to be pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR95GO0zMuY

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I found kitties!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Found Civil War era clothes now I can be fat Abe Lincoln

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Found two robots stuck in a loop asking each other questions and then being unwillingly or unable to answer each question.

I think this is intentional, like 2 early-days chatbots talking to each other. The ones I found were named Vlad and Maria or something similar.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
What's a good source for ballistic fiber in Fallout 76? I've got some good armor pieces that can't be repaired without it, and I've found very little so far.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Mountaineer posted:

What's a good source for ballistic fiber in Fallout 76? I've got some good armor pieces that can't be repaired without it, and I've found very little so far.

Ammo pouches, military duct tape and power armor frames.

But unless the armor is unique, don't bother repairing. Just scrap it and recreate it instead - that doesn't use any fiber!

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Is this game free to play yet?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
there are apparently discounts to $40 on black friday, so, on its way

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This game is actually good because Bethesda finally made a game without their absolutely atrocious storylines and dialogue.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

This game is actually good because Bethesda finally made a game without their absolutely atrocious storylines and dialogue.

It's still there it just removed any illusion of choice.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bugs aside it's a non lovely FO4 so that's nice

It's not the best game but it's remarkably chill

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

As long as I can still do a build where I run around with little armor and a big melee weapon and just destroy everything it will be a good game

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this game will be f2p in 4 weeks

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Alright I got this at half price, is there anyone remotely in an australian timezone I can play with goddamn does no push to talk and no text chat prevent me talking to anyone.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like I am more able to put up with this game being terrible and not working right because of years of mods sort of conditioning me to have that be the way these games are.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Are there Synths in F76? All I see in vids are mutants and zombie guys, was wondering if robots are a thing at this point in the series. Fallout 4 actually had some interesting things revolving around the whole "fake person" dichotomy.

I don’t think we will see synths. They were in 4 but 4 took place almost 200 years later.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Suave Fedora posted:

I don’t think we will see synths. They were in 4 but 4 took place almost 200 years later.

Yeah, super mutants shouldn't exist either but they hand waved that away in a single computer entry and they are everywhere in 76. If they want synths there will be synths.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
ScorchBots.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Siljmonster posted:

I'm betting Feb 1.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

When did the institute start creating gen 1 synths?

And just defeated a scorchbeast. My reward was a disconnect from server.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Siljmonster posted:

that would require a major overhaul, ain't happening for a while

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
What is the weird wind chime noise that plays everywhere even mean?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rinkles posted:

that would require a major overhaul, ain't happening for a while

lol good one

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What is the weird wind chime noise that plays everywhere even mean?

those are nirnroots, its an easter egg to Skyrim

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/GeoffLife/status/1064333322938007552?s=20

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How does pvp work?

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

How does pvp work?

You're not really supposed to pvp in Gamestop, but I guess you could throw discs at other customers?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

mango sentinel posted:

How does pvp work?

Very well, thanks for asking.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

mango sentinel posted:

How does pvp work?

It does and you can force people to fight you by taking over their workshops. Not alot of it on the PC atm.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

mango sentinel posted:

How does pvp work?

Like this:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I can't hear the audio in that but it sounds like FO76 specifically has a no return policy and that guy takes it real bad?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Pretty sure that's the fate all Gamestops deserve

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all always online games are no-refunds at Gamestop

its the new norm to prevent returns for bad games

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Siljmonster posted:

all always online games are no-refunds at Gamestop

what horseshit

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
In the eyes of California law (maybe other states too, IDK) Gamestops are actually just pawn shops. So I'm not sure who they think they are being too good to take a crappy video game back. They should just be glad people aren't trying to sell them Saturday night specials and stolen copper wire.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How does the disc version work? It doesn't tie into an account somehow?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If someone locks their house but puts a crafting workbench near a window, you can just activate the bench from outside and magically teleport inside their house. Not that there's much to do besides murder people that thought they were safe.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

F76 week one retail sales in the UK down 82% from F4. (should note retail sales have been steadily falling across the board as digital grows increasingly popular, but this drop is too big to be solely attributable to that trend)

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-11-18-pok-mon-and-spyro-top-hyper-competitive-week-at-uk-games-retail

coming in behind spyro and rdr2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rinkles posted:

F76 week one retail sales in the UK down 82% from F4. (should note retail sales have been steadily falling across the board as digital grows increasingly popular, but this drop is too big to be solely attributable to that trend)

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-11-18-pok-mon-and-spyro-top-hyper-competitive-week-at-uk-games-retail

coming in behind spyro and rdr2.
RDR2 apparently sold more copies in 8 days than RDR1 has sold in its entire existence of 8 years.