Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

DizzyBum posted:

I've also heard that accounts are getting strikes just for connecting to Let's Go. Get in touch with support and have them check it out.

I submitted a report via the "appeal a termination" link despite my account not being terminated, sending them a screenshot and also asking them what exactly I did wrong. Hopefully they're getting so flooded with these submissions that they realize they probably screwed something up.

For the record, I don't own Let's Go, don't have a Plus, don't have an iWatch, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DizzyBum posted:

I've also heard that accounts are getting strikes just for connecting to Let's Go. Get in touch with support and have them check it out.
I have also heard this from the local group.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I submitted a report via the "appeal a termination" link despite my account not being terminated, sending them a screenshot and also asking them what exactly I did wrong. Hopefully they're getting so flooded with these submissions that they realize they probably screwed something up.

For the record, I don't own Let's Go, don't have a Plus, don't have an iWatch, etc.

Ah, well dang, it's worse when you don't have an obvious cause. Hopefully they resolve it for you.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone in my raid group got a strike against him despite never using anything that would be considered cheating. He contacted Niantic and they said that the message was sent out in error, so I dunno?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

seiferguy posted:

Someone in my raid group got a strike against him despite never using anything that would be considered cheating. He contacted Niantic and they said that the message was sent out in error, so I dunno?

That jives with what I and others are seeing so I'm glad they acknowledged it's an error.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Obviously it was a new planned Pokemon called Banolio

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

I've also heard that accounts are getting strikes just for connecting to Let's Go.

:niantic:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Got a Meltan box from Discord buddy with a Switch. Sweeeeet thank you!

Also a girl on Facebook got banned from every group and chat when PMs surfaced where she would trade you almost anything for a measly $5-10, depending on the Pokemon you wanted. Screenshots are forever.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cowslips Warren posted:

Got a Meltan box from Discord buddy with a Switch. Sweeeeet thank you!

Also a girl on Facebook got banned from every group and chat when PMs surfaced where she would trade you almost anything for a measly $5-10, depending on the Pokemon you wanted. Screenshots are forever.

That second part is lol because boo hoo e-bushido.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In the last 24 hours I've gotten two Shiny Eevee and a Shiny Magnemite :hellyeah:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

BGrifter posted:

So let’s settle on times likely to gently caress over the largest amount of people.

Brilliant.

Don't open this can of worms, you'll get the one or two champions of weekday EX raids screaming down your throat.

I have never gone to an EX raid on the weekday where people said "thank goodness it wasn't a weekend" or gone to a weekend one where people go "I had to take time off work for this/I'm squeezing this in on a lunch break/Weekends are so inconvenient."

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Can I send my meltan boxes to people?
They have a 7 day cooldown, so I probably don't need so many of the darn things.

edit: Unless that's per box and not account, then I think I'll keep 'em lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
lmao meltan takes 400 candy to evolve at 20km per fohhh with that noise

bowmore and fen walk to Perth and back with me to evolve this stupid thing

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

28766f69642a2930 posted:

lmao meltan takes 400 candy to evolve at 20km per fohhh with that noise

bowmore and fen walk to Perth and back with me to evolve this stupid thing

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Brick Shipment posted:

Can I send my meltan boxes to people?
They have a 7 day cooldown, so I probably don't need so many of the darn things.

edit: Unless that's per box and not account, then I think I'll keep 'em lol

The guy who gave me mine was also able to give them to a few others but you need to be within trade distance so you can only share them with locals.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hey we hit best friends in a couple days so if you care about popping an egg for the exp don't send me another gift because I will absolutely open it without paying attention.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
So I'm coming back to Pokemon go for the first time since launch. I'm level 7. My only goal is to obtain Meltan and his evolved form. What is my most direct path to this? What is any path to this, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
If you have Pokémon Let’s Go on the Switch, you get a mystery box once a week whenever you transfer a Pokémon from Go to Let’s Go. The box spawns Meltan around you, and once you catch 400 candies worth you can evolve it. If you don’t have Let’s Go, then you have to do the research assignment to get one Meltan, and evolve through rare candies and walking.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Don't see one of these too often.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

CubeTheory posted:

So I'm coming back to Pokemon go for the first time since launch. I'm level 7. My only goal is to obtain Meltan and his evolved form. What is my most direct path to this? What is any path to this, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Gann Jerrod posted:

If you don’t have Let’s Go, then you have to do the research assignment to get one Meltan, and evolve through rare candies and walking.

To expand on this, walking requirements alone would be 8,000km to get enough candy :magical:

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I have a question about raid bosses. If their type gets boosted by the weather, is it a harder encounter only because their moves get boosted, or do they have more health when weather boosted?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Yukari posted:

I have a question about raid bosses. If their type gets boosted by the weather, is it a harder encounter only because their moves get boosted, or do they have more health when weather boosted?

Health is the same. Moves get the weather boost if applicable.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

IcePhoenix posted:

Shiny Magnemite

Hold the phone how long has shiny Magnemite been out? I can't keep track of the shiny releases nowadays.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

AirRaid posted:

Hold the phone how long has shiny Magnemite been out? I can't keep track of the shiny releases nowadays.

Since the current event started.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Some guy in our Facebook chat claims that he didn't get a Sinnoh Stone from his research because he already had one in his inventory. I can't confirm that personally because I have a few days left until my second post-stone research breakthrough.

edit: one thing that I did confirm is that the mall I was at for Beldum day (Centr-O in Oberhausen, Germany) just deleted almost all their stops and gyms. Maybe having thousands of people walking around a closed mall on Beldum Day had something to do with it?

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 20, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cresselia literally just started appearing in 5-star raid eggs:

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendary-cresselia

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I can't wait for this upcoming year's chock-full of psychic legendaries. We just don't have enough psychic legendaries!

All the good ones like Dialga is going to be around during the hottest month of summer 2019 I'm guessing.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This game is trolling me. I got some (I thought) easy quests to evolve two Pidgeys. I have seen all of two Pidgeys since I got those quests.

One of them was a Ditto.

Not a single one since. What is this nonsense? Usually they pop up with some regularity but as soon as I have a quest for them suddenly they're rarer than Dratinis!

How long are the Let's Go quests available, again? I don't want to miss my chance to pick them up because all the Pidgey suddenly decided to fly south, or something.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DizzyBum posted:

Cresselia literally just started appearing in 5-star raid eggs:

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendary-cresselia

FYI Cresselia is a Dex entry only. Worse than a ton of common attackers. About on par with Hypno, Slowbro, and Grumpig. So enjoy another month off from Tier 5 raids.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

FYI Cresselia is a Dex entry only. Worse than a ton of common attackers. About on par with Hypno, Slowbro, and Grumpig. So enjoy another month off from Tier 5 raids.

Hey, I want that Dex entry. :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FistEnergy posted:

sounds more like another month of easy rare candies and golden bois since weak 5* mons can be destroyed with two or maybe three people

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

at least cressalia is a much better design than giratina, aka the most overdesigned pokemon ever. that fuckin thing was like the homer in pokemon form.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I liked Cresselia in the games. But yeah, probably garbage in POGO.

We’re gonna get so many bland useless raid bosses this generation. Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Dialga, Palkia and Cresselia are all going to translate badly.

I’m hype for Heatran eventually though!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that's not entirely correct, as palkia is going to be one of the best attackers in the game provided they don't give it a poo poo moveset

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

that's not entirely correct, as palkia is going to be one of the best attackers in the game provided they don't give it a poo poo moveset

The moveset's already been datamined, so if it doesn't change it has.... dragonbreath dragon tail as quicks, and fireblast, hydro pump, and draco meteor as charge moves.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

e: Oh nvm you said that's for Palkia and that's correct.

The moveset I found datamined for Dialga is:

Fast moves: Metal Claw, Dragon Breath
Charge moves: Draco Meteor, Iron Head, Thunder

If true, this makes Dialga only mediocre with its saving grace being NOT weak to dragon type as a dragon type itself. Dragon Tail would have made Dialga somewhat better, but lack of Outrage as a charge move still puts it behind Dragonite.

And yeah get ready for true PoGo hibernation whenever the lake trio is brought out. We can only hope they release all three at the same time for just one month and be done with it, but why would Niantic ever pass up a free chance at dragging on a generation? At this point I can only ask that they release the lake trio during June/July/August so I can stay out of the heat.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 20, 2018

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
The amount of legendary and mythical pokemon in Gen IV is too drat high!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie could end up as research rewards for 3 months, but who knows?

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Welp, did a cresselia raid, got it on the first ball. Guess I'm done now except for helping people that haven't got it yet since it's bulky and needs people so you don't run out the clock. More alola marowak and shinx raids for now.

Kids and I can almost trio it with lick Gengar but we need more TMs and dust. Not sure if it's worth the effort compared to powering up dragons for the next few dragon bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Are notifications messed up for other people? I have it selected to inform me when a Pokemon's motivation is low and returns from the gym, and all misc update messages off. It never tells me when motivation is low, only tells me of a return about 40% of the time, and always sends me misc update messages. What the hell is wrong with it?