Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Shammypants posted:

Watch streamers and see how they move across the map and how they use their weapons, thats your best bet (i.e. you can kind of see what sensitivity the best players generally use to accompany their playstyle).

I'll try this.

Brother Entropy posted:

if you're using motion controls try turning up the sensitivity if you haven't, the default definitely doesn't feel right

I've messed around with them, and they definitely feel the most natural, but I feel like I can't find a sensitivity that's actually good for me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Try playing the campaign to get a feel for the controls and settings you like. It's meant to be the tutorial mode to ease players in for online and to get used to the general gameplay and mechanics. (The base campaign, not Octo Expansion if you have it.)

I've done a few levels of it, I'll go through more of it to see it it feels better with more time. I guess the biggest issue I'm having overall is that I feel like I constantly need to recenter the camera which just feels like the most awkward thing in the world for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Your Computer posted:

does World of Final Fantasy have voice acting? Can you change it? I'm uh.... asking for a friend

I'm on the fence about buying it (I know it's not amazing though) because I could really go for some turn-based RPG right now and I'm also in the mood for Final Fantasy. Also the stupid chibis are adorable. I mean, what I really want is for the FF remasters to come out but I'm guessing we won't see those in a year or two. :v:

It does have voice acting and one character has by far the most annoying vocal tic in voice acting history.

Its not a good game or one youll ever really think about ahain but if youre absolutely hard up for RPGs and cant wait for Vesperia it can be your methadone.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
So on Warframe has anyone found d the controls better if customized? It really feels odd having attack buttons on the face instead of triggers.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Circle Nine posted:

I've messed around with them, and they definitely feel the most natural, but I feel like I can't find a sensitivity that's actually good for me.
Are you making a conscious effort to use the right stick? It took me a while to find a balance between the gyro controls and the right stick that felt comfortable, and I still have to tweak it occasionally.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Warframe progression seems pretty shallow at first but after a few hours it slowly opens up in a lot of directions and it can be as grindy as you want. Looks good and the controls are ok but you feel like a way cooler flying space ninja with mouse and keyboard.

Warframe is a Hell of a thing for being free. I don't regret any of the money I spent as the game is really fun once you get a suit that you gel with. Hydroid for life.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hutzpah posted:

Blizzard is having a big black Friday sale on all of their games. Does anyone expect Diablo 3 eternal to go on sale for Switch? I really want to play but don't want to shell out 60 bucks.

I really doubt it goes on sale so soon but i'm with you. I'm at the stage where my want for certain older games on switch is outweighed by not wanting to pay the switch tax. I won't pay 60 for D3 again, but I'd spend 30ish.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barudak posted:

It does have voice acting and one character has by far the most annoying vocal tic in voice acting history.

Its not a good game or one youll ever really think about ahain but if youre absolutely hard up for RPGs and cant wait for Vesperia it can be your methadone.

There can't be a tic worse than "Meh meh meh!"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Thanks to whoever mentioned the controller update + calibration thing for Pokemon. That fixed my issue with my left controller 100% as well. What a weird thing, it's definitely a thing that was only happening in Pokemon.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

loudog999 posted:

It sucks getting old. My entire arm and wrist goes numb from time to time.. I have a doctor appointment coming up but im pretty sure that she is just going to say my job is destroying your body.

That's not a doctor, but your job made flesh. Just keep that in mind for future appointments.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There can't be a tic worse than "Meh meh meh!"

Xenoblade 2 shored up the dearth of Nopon in XCX but in exchange gave us Tora, who wasn't as bad as Tatsu but infinitely worse than Riki. The first Xenoblade curbed a lot of the worst anime tropes but the next two games definitely made up for that in spades.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can anyone explain how to do a child account on 3ds and tie it to my child's Nintendo Account I set up on Switch?

I'm getting him a new 2ds and will system transfer from his old 2ds, but that requires the older Nintendo Network ID, which I'm not sure how to create and if I can tie that to a child account.

Also can't figure out if I can digitally buy a game on the eShop for my child account instead of my own. I want to put Pokemon Gold on there.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Tora owns and I urge everyone to try playing with him as lead because it makes every interaction 10 times better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never realized changing leads had any effect on interactions

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Chin Strap posted:

So on Warframe has anyone found d the controls better if customized? It really feels odd having attack buttons on the face instead of triggers.

Yeah i changed my face buttons around so y is attack. Might switch to triggers but I like how it feels holding the trigger to block. Maybe i can change that too that i dunno, didn't get to deep. The weirdest part so far is crouch on L1.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

you feel like a way cooler flying space ninja with mouse and keyboard.

I never, ever feel "connected" to my character using M+K if there is any more action than like Monkey Island or something.

Clicking is for spreadsheets and forums posts. I do wish warframe had Gyro aiming, though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I never, ever feel "connected" to my character using M+K if there is any more action than like Monkey Island or something.

Clicking is for spreadsheets and forums posts. I do wish warframe had Gyro aiming, though.

lol if you don't find yourself connected to your spreadsheets

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Are we getting Black Friday deals on the eShop today?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Barudak posted:

You are the-wrong!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kirios posted:

Is this actually a thing that Nintendo does or are we just assuming?

Seriously, I don't know. All the other consoles launched the deals last week, so I don't know if Nintendo will do it or just say "gently caress you buy more."

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

The Bloop posted:

I do wish warframe had Gyro aiming, though.

it does

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Beastie posted:

Is this actually a thing that Nintendo does or are we just assuming?

Seriously, I don't know. All the other consoles launched the deals last week, so I don't know if Nintendo will do it or just say "gently caress you buy more."

Nintendo assuredly won't but third party developers can do what they want. I'm pretty sure they'll have some discounts if there isn't already, especially for indie titles.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hmm. Cool. I only played the intro and first mission this morning. I haven't mucked about with the controls yet

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Which of the South Park RPGS has the better gameplay?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Now I feel old

https://twitter.com/GifZelda/status/1065245703105056768

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

That opening flute song is so pure.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

The second one has much better combat but the first game is overall a better game

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

This was my first video game and I didn't understand how video games worked

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm playing OoT on 3DS right now , it's great :)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m still permanently stuck at the end of the tutorial because I keep accidentally hitting repeat when talking to this loving owl.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m still permanently stuck at the end of the tutorial because I keep accidentally hitting repeat when talking to this loving owl.

It’s been 20 years somebody feed me

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The secret best part about OoT, and the 3d Zelda series, is the cinematography. It's still some of the most affecting camera work in the game industry.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bottom Liner posted:

The Stick of Truth is closer to paper Mario while the Whole Butthole or whatever it's called is more of a tactical grid based system so it depends on which one floats your boat

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Macaluso posted:

The second one has much better combat but the first game is overall a better game

I found both to be fairly bland gameplay wise. They are funny and play like an very long but good episode of South Park. Buy the games for the comedy, or just watch a video. It's more fun to play and experience them since the small stuff would be easy to miss watching a recording, or extremely annoying as he points out "It's a Antonio Banderas Blowup Doll in Eric's Mom's closet along with a giant dildo on the bedside table!"

I found the first game to be better quality jokes but virtually no gameplay, and the second game to have somewhat interesting play choices, but it wasn't as funny. It might have been that they crammed so many small references into the first one and ended up reusing a bunch of them in the second so some of the charm is lost.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DLC Inc posted:

idk how but it seems like Warframe uses less battery than Diablo 3, which is an intensely power-hungry game whenever I play it. The optimization of this game is really nuts.

I don't want to fanboy too much but Digital Extremes is full of wizards. Even at the lowest settings it still looks great.

If their optimization team merged with the one from ArenaNet, they could finally get Crysis running on modern hardware.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I don't want to fanboy too much but Digital Extremes is full of wizards. Even at the lowest settings it still looks great.

If their optimization team merged with the one from ArenaNet, they could finally get Crysis running on modern hardware.

After watching the Noclip doc on Warframe it doesn't surprise me that they wanted to get their game running perfectly, as they seem to really take user satisfaction serious. I'm understanding the game loop little by little and it's nice that the ship doesn't throw everything at you at once, instead building up to suit customization, then mods, then other poo poo to craft

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Yeah i changed my face buttons around so y is attack. Might switch to triggers but I like how it feels holding the trigger to block. Maybe i can change that too that i dunno, didn't get to deep. The weirdest part so far is crouch on L1.

Crouch on L1 sounds weird until you realize that crouch is one of the most important buttons in Warframe. It’s part one of bullet jumping, so after a couple hours you’ll spend more time mashing it than attack.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hate L1 though it's the worst button

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

pixaal posted:

I found both to be fairly bland gameplay wise. They are funny and play like an very long but good episode of South Park. Buy the games for the comedy, or just watch a video. It's more fun to play and experience them since the small stuff would be easy to miss watching a recording, or extremely annoying as he points out "It's a Antonio Banderas Blowup Doll in Eric's Mom's closet along with a giant dildo on the bedside table!"

I found the first game to be better quality jokes but virtually no gameplay, and the second game to have somewhat interesting play choices, but it wasn't as funny. It might have been that they crammed so many small references into the first one and ended up reusing a bunch of them in the second so some of the charm is lost.

That's the main thing. If you're a South Park fan at all the first game is better in general because it's A) funnier and B) goes way more crazy and outrages than the second game does. Like the first game felt like it kept ramping up and up in terms of sheer craziness while the second game never really feels that way. I actually quite liked the combat in the second game, but the rest of the game never grabbed me the way the first one did. There are only a small handful of moments in the second game that are as good as the first.

And yes I agree that a lot of the charm is lost with the second game.

Also keep in mind: if you're not a South Park fan, do not play these games. I can't imagine what you would possibly get out of them if you aren't. I've seen people ask if you have to be a South Park fan to enjoy them: I say yes. I don't think the gameplay is amazing enough to really make up for that if you don't enjoy South Park

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I went to the mall in the late summer of 1998, I went into the EB Games and told the clerk that I wanted to reserve a copy of the new Zelda game and was told that he would "write my name down for the list" and I went about my merry way as a dumb 14 year old. A few months later, it's November 21st and I am a freshman in high school and I tell my dad that I need him to go to the mall and pick up this game for me because I need to play it as soon as I get home and I need to be able to bring it to Grandma's house for the long weekend. My dad agrees, takes my mom's brand new Subaru Forester to the mall and ends up rolling the car into a ditch to avoid a deer on the way. He was fine, the car was totaled though. He still goes to the mall and gets to EB Games and is told "hey man, we don't have his name on our list, sorry no game for you." Knowing my father, I am legit surprised he wasn't arrested, but I was told mall security was called. As someone who has worked retail, I feel bad for whoever was on the receiving end of his yelling. But I came home to a new copy of OoT, along with a bonus poster of Hyrule that I actually found a few days ago while digging through some boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kirios posted:

Like half of my wishlist just went on sale, so yes?