Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Who is going to watch the UFC Beijing card this weekend? It's basically 12 hours opposite when cards usually are, so starting in the morning irt North American time zones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you know who else loves probation? Jon Jones.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat I wonder why Duncan manyak and Keven all bounced the gently caress outta here

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

You don’t know what’s funny or what being horrified is lol

You suck

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Who is going to watch the UFC Beijing card this weekend? It's basically 12 hours opposite when cards usually are, so starting in the morning irt North American time zones

Maybe if I wake up on time I'll catch the main and co-main but I can't be bothered to watch a bunch of guys I've never heard of and Noob Saibot silhouettes fight.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Me .. american cards are much harder cos I have to set an alarm and usually miss most of the prelims

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

TUF China with coaches Joe Piscopo and Chuck Norris to finally put an end to the long-simmering Sidekicks feud (rip Mako and Jon Brandis)

lol

I appreciate this deep cut

CommonShore posted:

I want to see the trashweight fights but the 6:30 am ET start time is rough

Edit: Looks like the main card starts at 6:30 not 3:15, that's the prelims

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 21, 2018

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Quiet nerd

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I jsut went back to check to see if the card was on Saturday or Sunday in North Am and found that the main card starts at 5:30 AM - I thought that was the prelims!

Early prelims start at 2:15 AM central time. :suicide:

I'll probably blast through them over my morning coffee, hopefully to catch up for the fatweights.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Shut up fool

edit: you ain't poo poo

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I jsut went back to check to see if the card was on Saturday or Sunday in North Am and found that the main card starts at 5:30 AM - I thought that was the prelims!

Early prelims start at 2:15 AM central time. :suicide:

I'll probably blast through them over my morning coffee, hopefully to catch up for the fatweights.

Ready for Overeem to claw his way back to a title shot baby!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWzeMsjKPwQ

It's not UFC related but lets chill and watch this guy injure himself during a post fight celebration rather than slap fight because MMA is stupid and good

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's not UFC related but lets chill and watch this guy injure himself during a post fight celebration rather than slap fight because MMA is stupid and good

I guess another thing that differentiates B leagues from UFC is that B league commentators actually put the microphones inside their mouths to create a sense of excitement and urgency.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
drat lol i thought with all the posts about cody being loving stupid and saying sex things i'd take it to its extreme conclusion but i forgot about the illegal word. again.

i won't criticise the moderation because hey, illegal r word, but i've got something to say about the hurrr only a 6er babby brigade that gbs has spawned - just because it's a negligible amount of time doesn't mean the moderating decision doesn't suck rear end (not commenting on your recent decision, j-man, take your finger off the trigger)

Skip My Posts posted:

drat I wonder why Duncan manyak and Keven all bounced the gently caress outta here

gently caress all that poo poo man, look at this loving majestic line up. as you go down the list, remember all the good posts they did. they might have wrote a sick op and actually put some effort in, even if it wasn't funny. they might have said a sick one liner. or if you're jerusalem you're probably remembering all those cool pms they sent you about whatever snivelling bitch made poo poo leapt out of the screen and made them feel inadequate this time

Chris James 2 posted:

Don't know what's funnier, guy who always gets probated for saying the r-word after being warned repeatedly it's probatable is horrified someone else got probated 6 hours for it, or that it's days after

Gumball Gumption posted:

Getting probated for the length of time of a nights sleep isn't a punishment

The Automator posted:

oh man that poor guy can't post for 6 whole hours, what a travesty

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He should have made a better post and y'all should stop whining like spoiled babies when one of you begs for a probation and gets it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

I guess another thing that differentiates B leagues from UFC is that B league commentators actually put the microphones inside their mouths to create a sense of excitement and urgency.

I just realized I watched it on mute the first time but shoutout to that bad commentary guy for stealing Goldie's line then laughing at the guy for breaking his own foot

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jesus loving christ. We get it, you guys are the only cool posters left or whatever the gently caress.

Can Jon Jones sink a cruise ship or Conor McGregor slap a Chechen Warlord's cousin so we can have anything else to talk about?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

TheKingslayer posted:

Jesus loving christ. We get it, you guys are the only cool posters left or whatever the gently caress.

Can Jon Jones sink a cruise ship or Conor McGregor slap a Chechen Warlord's cousin so we can have anything else to talk about?

is this what you got out of it? you're not concerned about the cabal of pussies pressing the report button on posts and shaking their heads but are too bitch made to say something in the thread? the guys who just want to post in a relaxed atmosphere and have a good time without the teacher throwing time outs at bullshit are the problem?

seriously is this the majority view? if it is i will seriously get the gently caress out of here. i will straight up do yall a favour because gently caress hanging out if this is what this place has become

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Yadong Song is fighting this weekend, and hes been p good against scrub-level competition, so i hope that continues

Also, we got a Chinese trashweight in action against the very terrible Rashad Coulter

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I absolutely want everyone to post in the manner they find pleasing. I don't want to see anyone forced out or be told to leave. I even agree that some of the probes have been a bit much. I mean we're talking about the most carny but still legit sport there is, no one should be taking it that seriously.

I apologize for coming off as attacking a few posters. These slapfights are just tedious.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

is this what you got out of it? you're not concerned about the cabal of pussies pressing the report button on posts and shaking their heads but are too bitch made to say something in the thread? the guys who just want to post in a relaxed atmosphere and have a good time without the teacher throwing time outs at bullshit are the problem?

seriously is this the majority view? if it is i will seriously get the gently caress out of here. i will straight up do yall a favour because gently caress hanging out if this is what this place has become

Cry more

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

you just made an argument for why "6ers are nothing" crowds aren't fully appreciating bad moderation standards and the standards of SA and now you're complaining that people don't break the rules enough by posting about bad posting instead of doing what SA tells you to do and letting the moderators deal with it so it doesn't become slapfighty circlejerky posting-cliques thing like the thing you are doing right now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

you just made an argument for why "6ers are nothing" crowds aren't fully appreciating bad moderation standards and the standards of SA and now you're complaining that people don't break the rules enough by posting about bad posting instead of doing what SA tells you to do and letting the moderators deal with it so it doesn't become slapfighty circlejerky posting-cliques thing like the thing you are doing right now

this loving gibberish. i don't think you comprehended a single argument i made or made a single salient point yourself. small communities like this one self police. fatherdog gave out like three probes the entire time he was here and they were to people like the sexual market guy. the community dictated the standards for the community by posting to each other about it. fd didn't decide he didn't like the lol word and persecute it with extreme prejudice. he just pinged people for saying human being or whatever.

if you've got something to say in the mma thread, say it. don't loving pm the wrestling mod with you snivelling concerns resulting in good, funny people getting probed for dog poo poo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sexual Market Value Guy was great solely for the eventual sexual market value themed Bluedeanie OP.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Sexual Market Value Guy was great solely for the eventual sexual market value themed Bluedeanie OP.

classic dunc or possibly manyak post too. good poo poo. rip.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah Sexual Market Value is one of my favorite things to ever happen in this subforum

Was he the same guy that talked about back posture and tanning

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah Sexual Market Value is one of my favorite things to ever happen in this subforum

i want to say different but they had the same social disability so i'm not willing to swear by it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

good, funny people getting probed for dog poo poo.

At some point you have to accept that it isn't your call. I wish you wouldn't make such a big deal out if it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

At some point you have to accept that it isn't your call. I wish you wouldn't make such a big deal out if it.

it shouldn't be some crying bitch typing pms to the wrestle mod calling these shots either. that poo poo is the community's call in environments like this. private messaging weasels and the wrestle mod don't constitute the community.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's the wrassle mod's call. The end.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rustle Mod, PI

I feel a Tank Abbot novella coming on.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:chloe:

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

It's the wrassle mod's call. The end.

I bet when you typed "The end." you sat back and folded your arms and nodded at your monitor.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

it was some other kinda weirdo, i remember specifically he said that tattoos lower women's SMV (i also remember he used this acronym) drastically

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

this loving gibberish. i don't think you comprehended a single argument i made or made a single salient point yourself. small communities like this one self police. fatherdog gave out like three probes the entire time he was here and they were to people like the sexual market guy. the community dictated the standards for the community by posting to each other about it. fd didn't decide he didn't like the lol word and persecute it with extreme prejudice. he just pinged people for saying human being or whatever.

if you've got something to say in the mma thread, say it. don't loving pm the wrestling mod with you snivelling concerns resulting in good, funny people getting probed for dog poo poo.

or, alternatively, it's possible that other people use the forum differently than you see it and maybe it's not that everyone else is wrong and you are the only right one, as in a community with differing views

here's a fun hypothetical example: I think the endless flood of "lol" shitposting and the now multi-year-long recurring tantrum about not being able to say slurs is beyond idiotic and tiring, but i'm not going to fall to my knees and cry "IS THIS WHAT HAS BECOME OF OUR MMA FORUM" to the heavens about it. if I came in every time skip my posts just went "lol" at something and replied "Hey, friend. Have you thought about what this says about our community posting standards? Please try to post better." for one I'd be a loving idiot and for two all I'd be contributing is lovely derails that don't convince anyone of anything, because nothing I am saying is actually any deeper than "i think this sucks," like what you are doing now, when on the other hand I am perfectly free to not engage with that post and let him have whatever the gently caress posting fun he wants and not make a big deal out of it just because i don't like it.

post what you want, interact with the posters you want to interact with. you're not rescuing genius from the abyss by being mad the moderator probates people for saying slurs.

edit: i look forward to the probations we're all going to get for having this conversation.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

it was some other kinda weirdo, i remember specifically he said that tattoos lower women's SMV (i also remember he used this acronym) drastically

I forgot about the tattoo thing lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

Wow

Disgusting Coward posted:

I bet when you typed "The end." you sat back and folded your arms and nodded at your monitor.

I suggested that the crusade be taken to the appropriate forum a while ago. I am under no illusion that this drag of a conversation is anywhere near over.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I legit wanted that guy to submit his collection of charts and graphs showing exactly what raises and lowers sexual market value and by how much

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

or, alternatively, it's possible that other people use the forum differently than you see it and maybe it's not that everyone else is wrong and you are the only right one, as in a community with differing views

here's a fun hypothetical example: I think the endless flood of "lol" shitposting and the now multi-year-long recurring tantrum about not being able to say slurs is beyond idiotic and tiring, but i'm not going to fall to my knees and cry "IS THIS WHAT HAS BECOME OF OUR MMA FORUM" to the heavens about it. if I came in every time skip my posts just went "lol" at something and replied "Hey, friend. Have you thought about what this says about our community posting standards? Please try to post better." for one I'd be a loving idiot and for two all I'd be contributing is lovely derails that don't convince anyone of anything, because nothing I am saying is actually any deeper than "i think this sucks," like what you are doing now, when on the other hand I am perfectly free to not engage with that post and let him have whatever the gently caress posting fun he wants and not make a big deal out of it just because i don't like it.

post what you want, interact with the posters you want to interact with. you're not rescuing genius from the abyss by being mad the moderator probates people for saying slurs.

edit: i look forward to the probations we're all going to get for having this conversation.

thanks for admitting to being the snitch, saves me making broad strokes and catching some benign posters in my awesome crossfire, but the fact that you think saying 'lol' in response to a mondo brain damaged assertion by a person who is completely unqualified to make that assertion is worthy of moderator intervention then you are absolutely the loving problem.

next time you see a lol, you could try saying hey, skip my posts, that reply is scurrying away from the awesome point dickhead #57 made about how much the ufc is worth, try answering his question in the future instead of bitching out of a discussion. and immediately after pressing post you'll get me and several other people saying 'lol' at you because you took the side of the stupid dickhead who deserves to be made fun of and dismissed because your brain clearly doesn't work properly.

the community is now magically better. stupid derails about the ufc's value will stop because the community decided it's stupid. no mod intervention necessary.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Disgusting Coward posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

alternatively though we could just let the babbies in their feelings pm the mod and have him punish the person on the correct side of the tedious derail, if that's this community's preference. personally i'd rather post on the awesome cesspool that is reddit than contribute to a community that loving tedious however i am but a man