Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I know its hard to imagine with the tens of posts these threads get every week, but its possible nobody reported anybody and the mod just read it organically and probated for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Every time there's a lull in fights to talk about we get these absurd derails. I don't mind it, I don't care about the probation, post on folks let's just not ban anyone.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie posted:

I know its hard to imagine with the tens of posts these thrwads get every week, but its possible nobody reported anybody and the mod just read it organically and probated for it

that's what i assumed was happening until he put in the lepers colony reasons section that he was pm'ing an *anonymous source* about SMP's posting when he posted the dreaded lol and well, the hammer had to come down.

then when i started being vocal about it a lot of meek dweebs that rarely post coming squirming out to bleat about how the moderator's decision is good and correct and i start getting the feeling that our mod has several correspondences from some of the worst and least funny posters in this sub forum.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

thanks for admitting to being the snitch, saves me making broad strokes and catching some benign posters in my awesome crossfire, but the fact that you think saying 'lol' in response to a mondo brain damaged assertion by a person who is completely unqualified to make that assertion is worthy of moderator intervention then you are absolutely the loving problem.

next time you see a lol, you could try saying hey, skip my posts, that reply is scurrying away from the awesome point dickhead #57 made about how much the ufc is worth, try answering his question in the future instead of bitching out of a discussion. and immediately after pressing post you'll get me and several other people saying 'lol' at you because you took the side of the stupid dickhead who deserves to be made fun of and dismissed because your brain clearly doesn't work properly.

the community is now magically better. stupid derails about the ufc's value will stop because the community decided it's stupid. no mod intervention necessary.

i don't think i've ever actually reported anyone for anything, but i also don't think there are enough posts in the UFC thread these days th--

Bluedeanie posted:

I know its hard to imagine with the tens of posts these threads get every week, but its possible nobody reported anybody and the mod just read it organically and probated for it

yeah, that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CarlCX posted:

i don't think i've ever actually reported anyone for anything, but i also don't think there are enough posts in the UFC thread these days th--

yeah, that.

oh so you really don't like when people laugh at stupid assholes with dumb opinions but you don't press the report button? awesome you're marginally less sad than i had you pegged for but honestly man still not getting a good vibe

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

oh so you really don't like when people laugh at stupid assholes with dumb opinions but you don't press the report button? awesome you're marginally less sad than i had you pegged for but honestly man still not getting a good vibe

dude, we're both posting hot takes on forum subculture. there are no fun, sexy winners here.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm noting on the chart that posting about forum subculture is a minus to SMV

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

personally i'd consider it a win if regs would stop getting probated for laughing at morons and / or making funny posts and the loving losers who i know are reading this and corresponding with our mod privately about the standard of behaviour you expect as a thin skinned pantywaist perusing the fight forums would stop snitching on the people who actually contribute in a tangible way around here.

i'd consider it a bonus round win if our mod would also encourage this but he's obviously got very specific ideas about how and when to mash his buttons

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

personally i'd consider it a win if regs would stop getting probated for laughing at morons and / or making funny posts and the loving losers who i know are reading this and corresponding with our mod privately about the standard of behaviour you expect as a thin skinned pantywaist perusing the fight forums would stop snitching on the people who actually contribute in a tangible way around here.

i'd consider it a bonus round win if our mod would also encourage this but he's obviously got very specific ideas about how and when to mash his buttons

*whispers to jerusalem* ban this dude. ban his rear end

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I cry to the mods to probate and ban Marching Powder and report him all the time lmao, I'm going to do it again right now

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm noting on the chart that posting about forum subculture is a minus to SMV

gently caress. If that's a minus then I've probably dropped below a slightly used Cody Pfister on the market.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i agree with Marching Powder I think but he's posted too much stuff for me to actually read

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
never thought I'd pine for the days of twitch streamer discussion in the ufc chat thread

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

With the co main and main fights being heavyweights, I feel like the card will either be awesome or terrible.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'll say I can barely recall a boring Overeem fight in UFC. Because whether he finishes or gets finished it's usually funny or spectacular.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah Sexual Market Value is one of my favorite things to ever happen in this subforum

Was he the same guy that talked about back posture and tanning

I think the sexual market guy was from the UFC 161 GDT, I remember him specifically talking about Alexis Davis ruining her body with a tattoo and then a Ryan Jimmo spectacular followed it and everybody kept arguing about the tattoo.

Posture guy was a goon that was "dragged" to a Conor McGregor after party before Conor was super mega rich and famous and he complained that it wasn't any fun because the women were all orange and wanted to have sex and the buff guys had worse posture than IT nerds.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I find SMP annoying sometimes but I'm not going to put more effort into responding to him than he does into annoying me.

What we need is some kind of posting equivalent of oildome. That'd sort this poo poo out in the greasiest, most homoerotic way possible - perfect for an MMA forum.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheKingslayer posted:

I'll say I can barely recall a boring Overeem fight in UFC. Because whether he finishes or gets finished it's usually funny or spectacular.

vs Mir

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i remember an all heavyweight main card and i remember it being insanely loving sick but the only thing i can remember is cain putting a hard to watch beating on bigfoot. there was a lot of blood.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think the sexual market guy was from the UFC 161 GDT, I remember him specifically talking about Alexis Davis ruining her body with a tattoo and then a Ryan Jimmo spectacular followed it and everybody kept arguing about the tattoo.

Posture guy was a goon that was "dragged" to a Conor McGregor after party before Conor was super mega rich and famous and he complained that it wasn't any fun because the women were all orange and wanted to have sex and the buff guys had worse posture than IT nerds.

Awesome, thanks for filling in the details again. I completely forgot it was an after party he was complaining about.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

i remember an all heavyweight main card and i remember it being insanely loving sick but the only thing i can remember is cain putting a hard to watch beating on bigfoot. there was a lot of blood.

The ring looked like a loving cannibal corpse album cover.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ah poo poo you're right. I couldn't remember what his other decision was outside of Werdum and that's probably for a good reason. I also just noticed Reem's KO over Andre is list as TKO (Crane Kick and Punches)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

was this the event where fd went round a friends' house or something and it was the only gdt in history we needed a moderator to save us and it was the one time he wasn't posting online during a card?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

I wish there were more heavyweight fights in general

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Here's the posture guy's post:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651602&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post432435333

The UFC 161 GDT is archived but if you can see those here's that too:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3554738&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post416540360

Marching Powder posted:

was this the event where fd went round a friends' house or something and it was the only gdt in history we needed a moderator to save us and it was the one time he wasn't posting online during a card?

Yeah, it was the Rashad/Hendo card which was one of the worst UFC PPV cards ever from a fight and buy rate stand point so he rightfully did not watch it or visit the forum at the time.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I was thinking about the Overeem vs Russian Guy and how it is obviously UFC sacrificing what little of Reems name is left and giving the new guy a rub.

It got me wondering, are there any other examples. Two that springs to mind are Shamrock jobbing Franklin and Abbot to Kimbo.

Anu other come to mind?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

In the main event, there were two dudes. One of them was Irish, performing in front of an Irish crowd in Ireland. He won the bout which helped his after party immensely. A friend of mine persuaded me to it, despite my inclinations. He bullshitted his way in, sorta, and then we had an amazingly unfun time, surrounded by orange women in very little, operating under the delusional hope that UFC guy would gently caress them, repeatedly, into some sort of monetary positive. At the same time, most of the males I saw were weighted towards steroids and skipping leg day. Seriously, I have walked into offices full of computer nerds slaving away with better backs and posture. Admittedly, none of them were four foot wide with rounded shoulders that bad, tearing their backs to shreds. Personally, I felt ashamed I was there but learned a lot about how the human body can be distorted detrimentally.

Hope that helps.

You can just tell by sentences like this that this guy was all in on the incel campaign four years ago lol

Who fuckin' talks like that?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

I was thinking about the Overeem vs Russian Guy and how it is obviously UFC sacrificing what little of Reems name is left and giving the new guy a rub.

It got me wondering, are there any other examples. Two that springs to mind are Shamrock jobbing Franklin and Abbot to Kimbo.

Anu other come to mind?

Most of Maia's recent run has been UFC throwing guys at him they thought would take him out.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
https://streamable.com/a934y

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's the posture guy's post:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651602&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post432435333

The UFC 161 GDT is archived but if you can see those here's that too:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3554738&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13#post416540360

Yeah, it was the Rashad/Hendo card which was one of the worst UFC PPV cards ever from a fight and buy rate stand point so he rightfully did not watch it or visit the forum at the time.

lol those threads were worth revisiting

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

lol those threads were worth revisiting

Haha that entire thread turned on him all at once

I forgot how brutal it was

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Uhh, sorry if I hit a nerve I guess, I'm not trying to start poo poo, but I've literally never talked to a guy that liked tattoos on girls (except like kat von d or whatever, but I mean I general), I mean this isn't the jezebel forums so you do that have to white knight to please your feminist overlords here. I'll make you all a deal, you cry about your rape culture somewhere else please and I'll stop commenting on fighter appearances?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It seemed like it came out of nowhere. Like he thought he had picked the perfect moment to redpill everyone.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah holy poo poo the thread loving gave it to that guy. if you're in that thread i love you. even atom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marching Powder posted:

Uhh, sorry if I hit a nerve I guess, I'm not trying to start poo poo, but I've literally never talked to a guy that liked tattoos on girls (except like kat von d or whatever, but I mean I general), I mean this isn't the jezebel forums so you do that have to white knight to please your feminist overlords here. I'll make you all a deal, you cry about your rape culture somewhere else please and I'll stop commenting on fighter appearances?

you could stop posting entirely. it would help tons.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That was a quote from the thread

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

coconono posted:

you could stop posting entirely. it would help tons.

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"I'm helping I'm helping" I sobbed as I repeatedly mash the NOT HELPING button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed