Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Pez posted:

I wonder if you will be able to TM into the special moves during that time, my 97% tyranitar would love to have Smack Down.

If this is anything like last few community days most of the spawns will still be pidgeys

You've never been able to TM the special moves so I wouldn't count on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I missed Dratini day entirely so that's cool, even if Draco Meteor Dragonite has sub optimal DPS or whatever.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I missed Dratini day entirely so that's cool, even if Draco Meteor Dragonite has sub optimal DPS or whatever.
Eh it's comparable. Like 98%.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I missed out on Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Dratini, Mareep & Larvitar so this is good for me

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
All I care about is getting a shiny Eevee,I do not care about the rest.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ziddar posted:

Looks like a special Community Day coming is a weekend long combination of all previous days.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1065354141990572034?s=19

i missed charmander, bulbasaur and mareep so this owns, now i can go after shinies for them and get their special moves. assuming they boost shiny chances anyway (they drat well better).

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pomplamoose posted:

BRING IT IN GUYS!!!!

*every Pokémon from every community day come in with everything for a HUGE party*

This is the best thing they could have done. You're not missing anything if you can't do it, if you missed a day in the past you can still get it, and if you're like my wife and didn't consider that your shiny new monster might need candy to power up, you can ameliorate that.

And it runs long enough that everyone, no matter their work schedule, should be able to do it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hell yeah give me more shiny smack down tyranitars.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DizzyBum posted:

:wooper: :siren: Max storage upgrade has been increased to 2000! :siren: :wooper:

Niantic, why won't you let me pay you so I can hoard an appropriate amount of items?:saddowns:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fyrbrand posted:

Do they do a special holiday event, like the Halloween one? gently caress maybe they’ll just do some crazy best-of event that’s all the popular poo poo from the whole year. We can dream, right? :unsmith:

Yaay dreams come true :unsmith:

I only started just before the Eevee CD, so I'm pretty stoked for this event.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm going to enjoy finishing off the last few I need for my Dragon medal.

Then they need to add a Platinum medal for each. And make it possible to finish that stupid training medal.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Niantic, why won't you let me pay you so I can hoard an appropriate amount of items?:saddowns:

Most of my 2k item stash is taken up by piles of crappy potions and revives, which I end up trashing on a regular basis. I really wish they'd let you trade in several basic items for their upgraded counterparts.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DizzyBum posted:

:wooper: :siren: Max storage upgrade has been increased to 2000! :siren: :wooper:

free or discounted storage upgrades?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping I had to go do something like this for December's Community day, and this is seriously the best thing they've done in a long time!

and all the people on Discord who are whining that they wanted a bagon or sloth day, y'all can suck my Mr Mime.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pomplamoose posted:

BRING IT IN GUYS!!!!

*every Pokémon from every community day come in with everything for a HUGE party*

Tim legion stirs from his slumber

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Ziddar posted:

Looks like a special Community Day coming is a weekend long combination of all previous days.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1065354141990572034?s=19

Pomplamoose posted:

BRING IT IN GUYS!!!!

Meanwhile:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

DizzyBum posted:

Most of my 2k item stash is taken up by piles of crappy potions and revives, which I end up trashing on a regular basis. I really wish they'd let you trade in several basic items for their upgraded counterparts.

Wouldn’t really help given how often I end up trashing Max Potions and Max Revives.

Now trading in anything for regular Pokeballs would be awesome. I’d happily trade ten Ultra Balls for each regular Pokeball.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BGrifter posted:

Wouldn’t really help given how often I end up trashing Max Potions and Max Revives.

I HATE doing this. I don't even like throwing away hyper potions. It's like ripping a hair out.

My wife wants to know if you go to your mission capture queue, and you run away again, does it go to the back of the line or stay where it is?

I can't tell her because I don't know and just emptied my queue.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 22, 2018

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Goes to the back.

All right I am ready this weekend to prep for next. Gotta get rid of these dumb 5k eggs!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Do we know for sure yet about Sinnoh Stone storage (re: upthread assertions that you can only have one at a time)?

Only slightly related: if I've got a delicious, thirst-quenching Roserade in hand and it's got Razor Leaf and Sludge Bomb, is it worth using Fast TMs to try and get a poison fast attack? Or is this fine as-is? (It's not 100% IV either, though it's probably not a slouch.) I don't normally care a ton about attacks (I'm pretty casual) but figure I should use some of my TMs which are otherwise just eating up space.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

bitprophet posted:

Do we know for sure yet about Sinnoh Stone storage (re: upthread assertions that you can only have one at a time)?

Only slightly related: if I've got a delicious, thirst-quenching Roserade in hand and it's got Razor Leaf and Sludge Bomb, is it worth using Fast TMs to try and get a poison fast attack? Or is this fine as-is? (It's not 100% IV either, though it's probably not a slouch.) I don't normally care a ton about attacks (I'm pretty casual) but figure I should use some of my TMs which are otherwise just eating up space.

I just did my research for the week and now have 2 sinnoh stones so the one at a time theory is false.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Finally got the Sinnoh stone, now I just got to wait for that 100iv shiny elekid... :shepicide:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

bitprophet posted:

I made mine double Poison. It's the best Poison attacker, poison doesn't seem very useful right now but I guess there will be more Fairy types later that it hits super effectively.
It's also the best Grass attacker apparently, but there are a lot more options there.

In general it is more useful to have both moves be the same type, as both attacks will be super effective against the same mons and you can choose more easily. Well, except for Fairy, where there is no fast attack. I'm not sure if Roserade would be a good Fairy attacker.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
pokémon go to the polls

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Why did I have to get back into this game just as the "your hands fall off if you try use your phone outside" months rolled around?

Evolved a Magnemite into a Magenton today - noticed I dont have the option to evolve it again - I thought Magnezone was a Sinnoh poke - or is this just a side effect how the roll out new regions in phases? Now that I think of it, I haven't heard anything about Leafeon or Glaceon yet either.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Only a few have been released. The ones you want are Lightning Gritty and lovely Orange Rhino

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You shut your mouth about Cheetodon.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

None of the gender, move or location specific gen4 evos are out yet. This means no gallade, froslass, yanmega, mamoswine, magnezone, glaceon, leafeon and whatever else is in that list.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The fact that I am freezing my rear end off any time I go outside and can't get a Glaceon annoys me.

I thought about a cold temperature being the requirement for Glaceon would be neat, until I realized that'd be all I could evolve my eevees into for like 4 months straight.

FistEnergy posted:

Only a few have been released. The ones you want are Lightning Gritty and lovely Orange Rhino

Electravine and Rhyperior?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Electivire. But yeah, those two

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

free or discounted storage upgrades?

Sadly no, still 200 coins for 50 slots. Would be nice if they actually gave out freebies again.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Yes, it would be nice if they gave away free money.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just hatched a chansey from an alola egg. I know there were babies in alolan eggs for a while but what's the current hatch list?

DizzyBum posted:

Sadly no, still 200 coins for 50 slots. Would be nice if they actually gave out freebies again.

Entropist posted:

Yes, it would be nice if they gave away free money.

If they just gave 50 free slots like they have in the past it would encourage people to spend money on additional space. That's what they've done in the past. Now that I think of it, I don't remember seeing any announcement for the added space in game.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Entropist posted:

I made mine double Poison. [...] In general it is more useful to have both moves be the same type, as both attacks will be super effective against the same mons and you can choose more easily.
Thanks! This makes sense and seems like a decent rule of thumb for using any of my other TMs too.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

FistEnergy posted:

My second evolution was

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
When we getting Mamoswine :saddowns:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

seiferguy posted:

When we getting Mamoswine :saddowns:

Probably the same time they figure out Magnezone and the two new Eeeveelutions.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Welp I have 1000 coins sitting around and I'm definitely going to need 250 more storage for an entire Community Weekend of things I need

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

JShibby, I hosed up and accidentally opened up your gift and pushed us to Ultra friends. Pop an egg as soon as you get on if you want to egg it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Should I charge TM my Shadow Claw Gengar? He’s currently got Dark Pulse.