Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Stop saying that, they might notice!

(I haven't paid for Astraweb in like 4 years)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe

lordfrikk posted:

But how big are your home NASes anyway? I've seen that one video of a guy having 70 TB storage complete with an enterprise-level server housing but I'm thinking there's not many people who go all out on storage like that, right?

Yeah, I could understand if people download, watch and delete. Storing all that stuff is pretty mindboggling to me, though :v:

Mine is around 36TB (and half full), but that's not just media. That's my VMs, Nextcloud storage, home videos/photos, book collection, home security camera storage, etc. Okay, about 1/2 of it is movies and TV.

If it weren't for the mirroring and redundancy, though, that would only be one 10TB external drive's worth, which doesn't seem too nuts these days. I only offsite backup everything except TV and movies, though. They just get backed up locally to an old array.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lordfrikk posted:

But how big are your home NASes anyway? I've seen that one video of a guy having 70 TB storage complete with an enterprise-level server housing but I'm thinking there's not many people who go all out on storage like that, right?

Yeah, I could understand if people download, watch and delete. Storing all that stuff is pretty mindboggling to me, though :v:

15 + 64TB ZFS arrays. Never. Delete. Anything :shobon:

Data hoarding is a thing I guess :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey guys. I just did a flat reformat of my Mac and wanted to keep it clean. It's been years since I had to gently caress with ANYTHING in SABNZBD or SONARR. I think I got SONARR set up right, but SABNZBD is being a punk. I have VIP with NZB.SU and I am plugging in what seems to be the right URL ( api.nzb.su) but the test server button (and actual download testing) keeps telling me either:
[Errno 61] (60, 'timed out')
or some other error about not being able to communicate and check DNS and if I have internet.

I plug the same credentials and url into SONARR and it worked right off the bat.

What am I doing wrong here? :)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
It needs to be https, I think it defaults to trying http

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
What do you get from adding an indexer to Sabnzbd? I've never bothered.

Edit: Actually, maybe this is the issue you're having here. Are you adding NZB.su in the "Server" section of Sab? That wont work as it's just an indexer not a Usenet provider (afaik).

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 24, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

norp posted:

It needs to be https, I think it defaults to trying http
Tried that too, no go.

MeKeV posted:

What do you get from adding an indexer to Sabnzbd? I've never bothered.

Edit: Actually, maybe this is the issue you're having here. Are you adding NZB.su in the "Server" section of Sab? That wont work as it's just an indexer not a Usenet provider (afaik).

You may be on to something here. I am trying it in Server. Sounds like maybe that is wrong? Do I need to add it elsewhere in SABNZBD?

Bottom line, I have SONARR working, I have SONARR talking to SAB, but it just grabs a file and stays at 0%.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Do you have a usenet provider? Blocknews/Supernews/Astraweb etc? Either one where you pay monthly or one where you've bought a block of e.g. 500gb, or 1tb of access? You need one of these that you add to SAB, and you dont really need to add NZB.su to SAB at all.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MeKeV posted:

Do you have a usenet provider? Blocknews/Supernews/Astraweb etc? Either one where you pay monthly or one where you've bought a block of e.g. 500gb, or 1tb of access? You need one of these that you add to SAB, and you dont really need to add NZB.su to SAB at all.

poo poo, I do and I totally loving overlooked that because like I said it feels like years since I had to mess with this and I’m a goddamned idiot.

I’ll hunt around and try that. Probably have that info in my emails.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
One more crash course in base NEWSGROUP stuff? If you don't mind?

I got the Supernews thing to work. Hooray. I am dumb/forgetful.

I have NZB.SU as my indexer. I feel like maybe I had a free backup? But I cannot remember. Are there any good free backups I can add? I ask because a show that aired last night that is super mainstream and popular only has one entry when I manually search and it's 480p. So I'm not sure if a second auxiliary indexer would help but that is the only other thing I can think of. (Because it's unlikely that Supernews went from totally doing everything I need with no problems to having nearly nothing for a mainstream show in the span of me reformatting my Mac yesterday afternoon.)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

lordfrikk posted:

I'm not really sure what you're on about.

I mean, some small amount of people store a lot of poo poo on their big NASes and download a TB+ more a month. You even acknowledge that you already know these people exist.

So, I guess your question really is: "What percentage of people are doing this?"

No one knows the answer to your question.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

Stop saying that, they might notice!

(I haven't paid for Astraweb in like 4 years)

They caught up to a lot of people who went years without being billed after they became just another Highwinds reseller earlier this year. I think I had something like 5 or 6 years of free service before they kicked me off.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
Google drive has turned to poo poo with their new endpoints. They keep getting disconnected to the point that it’s impossible to refresh my 5TB library on Plex.

I wanted to see if anyone has some tips on how to throttle this.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just had a weird thing happen in Sonarr, wonder if anyone else has had this issue.

Wife asked me to grab a show she wants to check out, has been no for a few weeks. No issue, I add it to Sonarr with my usual quality settings (1080p web with a tag I use to ensure a certain provider is used for quality) and hit the auto button, and it scans both usenet and a torrent tracker. So far all normal.

I go to nzbget and I see 4 of the 5 episodes listed, so I presume an episode wasn't available there so I check my Torrent queue and there's the missing episode. Along with one of the episodes that nzbget was also downloading. Exact same filename. Sonarr doesn't seem to have any knowledge of asking nzbget for this (despite usenet being the priority), so I'm intrigued what happened here. One off weirdness, or has this happened to anyone else? I've been using this setup for a loooong time and this is the first time, so it's either an iffy update or something bizarre going on that's never happened before for some reason.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The_Franz posted:

They caught up to a lot of people who went years without being billed after they became just another Highwinds reseller earlier this year. I think I had something like 5 or 6 years of free service before they kicked me off.

Mine just stopped working this week :(

Either it was a block account that ran out or they read this thread

Edit: yeah it was a 1tb block that finally ran out.

Any good specials going around for block accounts right now to supplement supernews/blocknews?

norp fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 4, 2018

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

There are usually specials going around starting from Black Friday to New Year's.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

What does this symbol mean on a download in sabnzbd+?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

frameset posted:

What does this symbol mean on a download in sabnzbd+?

It's been a while since I used sabnzbd but I think it means that 20 out of 23 repair blocks are available, which is usually enough to do a repair unless most of the file is unavailable on the server.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
That's the Direct Unpack feature. It means it's extracted 20/23 rars while you're still downloading.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Wiped my old XPenology 5.0 install, installed XPenology 6.2, and WOW I'm in love with Docker. Took some tinkering before it clicked, but now that it has I'm in love.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

sedative posted:

That's the Direct Unpack feature. It means it's extracted 20/23 rars while you're still downloading.

Neato, thanks.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I never used NZBHydra, but I do have 4 indexers I use, so seems like something I should check out. Are people still using NZBHydra or should I start straight away with NZBHydra 2?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

NzbHydra2 is what I would do, however I would install the docker version so you don't have to dick with configuration of Java 8.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Yea do 2. It has surpassed 1 in about every way.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Sub Rosa posted:

I never used NZBHydra, but I do have 4 indexers I use, so seems like something I should check out. Are people still using NZBHydra or should I start straight away with NZBHydra 2?

Condoning NzbHydra2. About docker: sure, if you feel strongly about it. There is nothing to "install" nor "configure" about java (just unzip the thing somewhere and be done) so installing the plain version works just as well.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I love Docker so it was a no brainer for me. Easy setup. I feel like I have many fewer relevant results when I manually search in something like Radarr or Sonarr though, and pull a lot of false positives (that Radarr and Sonarr know to ignore). I guess I'm not sure what the point of it is.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Anyone know if hydra1's appdata on Docker could be dropped in to hydra2?

Edit: Nevermind, turns out there's a migration tool and that really made things easy.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 14, 2018

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Volguus posted:

About docker: sure, if you feel strongly about it. There is nothing to "install" nor "configure" about java (just unzip the thing somewhere and be done) so installing the plain version works just as well.

I'll be honest, I felt the same way about it until I tried docker. The ease was huge once I spend a little time learning how it worked (probably the same amount of time it would take me to do a manual install). Well beyond any specific issues people may have with Java, Mono, Python etc.

I'm personally a bit surprised I find this easier than package managers but sure enough I do.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Heners_UK posted:

I'll be honest, I felt the same way about it until I tried docker. The ease was huge once I spend a little time learning how it worked (probably the same amount of time it would take me to do a manual install). Well beyond any specific issues people may have with Java, Mono, Python etc.

I'm personally a bit surprised I find this easier than package managers but sure enough I do.

Oh i tried docker, used it for various purposes: run applications in a set environment, create a known and stable and ephemeral build environment for applications, etc. It's fine, nothing wrong with it, i just find it a bit over-the-top as whenever a fart needs to be made in a computer, the first thing people say: " do it docker". Sure sure sure, it may smell and all, but its your fart so jesus, let it be. It's quite ridiculous.
When installing an application requires nothing more than untarring a file ... eh, whatever, it's your poo poo, do whatever you like in it.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Any good Black Friday provider deals leak out yet? My stuff expired and I'm looking to renew.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

For those using Hydra2, I would recommend adjusting the memory settings to 512 or even 1024MB. Seems to crash the Docker if supplied with less.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

In advance of Black Friday, what providers aren't Highwinds at this point? At this point all my block accounts miss all the same things missing on my primary unlimited servers. Usenet.Farm is the only exception, but it's so so slow for me even with 50 connections and I can't figure out why since on their speed test I get full speed.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Sub Rosa posted:

In advance of Black Friday, what providers aren't Highwinds at this point? At this point all my block accounts miss all the same things missing on my primary unlimited servers. Usenet.Farm is the only exception, but it's so so slow for me even with 50 connections and I can't figure out why since on their speed test I get full speed.

I think Giganews/Supernews and UsenetExpress are the only non-Highwinds American providers left. UsenetExpress has their own local retention and the rest filled in by Abavia just like Usenet.Farm.

Here's a good list https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Biodome posted:

Any good Black Friday provider deals leak out yet? My stuff expired and I'm looking to renew.

Keep an eye on r/usenet and you'll see any decent ones pop up. Just keep pretty active as many of the better ones will be quantity-limited.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
https://usenetexpress.com/ is its own thing. Between them and tweaknews its a good combo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone use Radarr? (Do we talk about Radarr here?) There's a whole coming soon section for upcoming stuff... but it's blank. Do I need to do something to have that work?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Do you mean the calendar? That reads dates from films you’ve added to it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Do you mean the calendar? That reads dates from films you’ve added to it.

Nah, not that.

If you go to Add a movie and then Discover New Movies, there is a section for "Upcoming" and when I click it it says:

Movies Coming To Blu-Ray In The Next Weeks
No Movies Left To Discover. Come Back At Another Time :)

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what that's supposed to be doing, but... it sounds like it should be being fed some kind of calendar/date info on upcoming releases. Right?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah gotcha, for some reason I don't think I've ever actually clicked that in the years I've been running it! I'm getting the same result as you, and I would also expect it to give a list of upcoming releases as you said. Must be a bug or something that's never been fully implemented (maybe a service it relies on has changed/gone offline?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It definitely used to work, probably doing screen scraping and the website it's using has changed