Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, you'd think you could trust the dude who got his skull crushed for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rhonne posted:

Right, but no one outside of the school know about All Might's interest in Midoriya except people who already know about OfA.

It's odd that Aizawa hasn't figured it out or been told about OfA by now though. With all he's been through with this class, you'd think they would trust him enough with the secret.

Eh, the teachers at UA are still technically pro heroes and I imagine somebody who had any interest in Midoriya's performance at the sports festival would probably start asking questions to feel him out.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody else find this slightly disturbing?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kanos posted:

Eh, the teachers at UA are still technically pro heroes and I imagine somebody who had any interest in Midoriya's performance at the sports festival would probably start asking questions to feel him out.

nobody did because he kept blowing himself up

maybe it'll come up with the next sports festival

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

I love my boy and his horrifying bird teeth.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Manatee Cannon posted:

nobody did because he kept blowing himself up

maybe it'll come up with the next sports festival

With the way they series is going out of its way to keep Deku's accomplishments out of the public eye, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some excuse for him to drop out of the tournament early or miss the festival all together(and would be a way to avoid just doing another tournament arc) and wait until the third year for him to do his big debut/showcase to the world.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Rhonne posted:

With the way they series is going out of its way to keep Deku's accomplishments out of the public eye, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with some excuse for him to drop out of the tournament early or miss the festival all together(and would be a way to avoid just doing another tournament arc) and wait until the third year for him to do his big debut/showcase to the world.

Could also set up the challenges in such a way that OfA doesn't give him a chance to show his full power. During the first tournament arc someone mentioned that the previous year's final round had been decided by a foam sword competition.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In case we forgot.

I went to see if I could find which chapter this page came from, and while doing so I read chapters 50 through 56, and I just want to say the chief of police in MHA is a Very Good Boy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Somewhere just short of 100, like, maybe 96?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Say Nothing posted:

This recent one was even worse

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The results for the next popularity poll have leaked. There have been some shake ups.

1. Bakugo 2. Todoroki 3. Deku (half as many votes as the above) 4. Hawks 5. Kirishima 6. Best Jeanist 7. Momo 8. Endeavor 9. Iida 10. All Might

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

More than half of those placements loving baffle me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Arist posted:

More than half of those placements loving baffle me

MHA fans horny

there, that's the explanation

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The poll was also started when Kamino was happening.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I can understand Bakugo's, Todoroki's, Deku's and Kirishima's placement, but everyone else is ??????????.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think women tend to vote more in those kinds of poll so that partially explains some of the results, Momo being the only female character is more than a bit baffling though

E: number 9 is kinda disgusting though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cant believe people would vote for all might hosed up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lt. Lizard posted:

I can understand Bakugo's, Todoroki's, Deku's and Kirishima's placement, but everyone else is ??????????.

Hawks and Endeavor are also a popular pairing now, just like the characters you mentioned

Momo has the big baps

Best Jeanist is a meme

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked the recent Endeavor arc but him at 8 over All Might is :wtc:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

What are your issues with Iida.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think they got Iida and Endeavor's placements confused

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I mean, he is natural at being villain. You can't trust people like that. I bet he is the traitor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think women tend to vote more in those kinds of poll so that partially explains some of the results, Momo being the only female character is more than a bit baffling though

she had a whole fight about her recently. the only one that hasn't been relevant in the story recently is best jeanist

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Best Jeanist is a meme since I think that was around the chapter where it was revealed he was still high ranked despite being indefinitely out, and people supported him because of his actions during the hideout raid.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Manatee Cannon posted:

she had a whole fight about her recently.

So recently in fact it happened after the poll. :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ashido still isn't in the top ten, poll bad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Best Jeanist owns and the rest of that poll is absolutely insane.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

MonsterEnvy posted:

The results for the next popularity poll have leaked. There have been some shake ups.

1. Bakugo 2. Todoroki 3. Deku (half as many votes as the above) 4. Hawks 5. Kirishima 6. Best Jeanist 7. Momo 8. Endeavor 9. Iida 10. All Might

Some interesting developments this time around, asuing this is true.

Todoroki finally overtook Deku, after trailing by a single vote last time. I assume Deku is still on the popular side of the power gap, but if that isn't the case, hoo boy.

Aizawa got demolished, going from 6th to out of the top ten. I think it's a pretty safe assumption that his voters all switched over to Hawks and Endeavor.

Kirishima still hanging strong!

There's always a surprising inclusion, this time it's Best Jeanist. The power of Japanese Internet memes.

Uraraka finally fell out of the top 10--she was 10th in the second poll, rallied to ninth, and now she's down again. It's sad, but it makes sense--it's been a while since she's really done anything. When was her last real character beat? After the provisional license exam? She's ostensibly the female lead but she's done less than Momo, who we've already talked about needing a win. Horikoshi needs to do more with all the great female characters he's made.

Rhonne posted:

Ashido still isn't in the top ten, poll bad.

I'll be happy if she just isn't lower than loving Mineta this time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It should be noted that there's no rule about voting more than once.

Here are the exact numbers:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 21, 2018

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Total Bakugou Supremacy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's gonna turn out Monoma is a One for All prodigy just like All Might, and he'll just instantly steamroll everyone.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ok but where did deku's shoes rank this time

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Endeavor has finally surpassed All Might.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Best Jeanist is a meme
He's not a meme!!!

Well no he probably is actually a meme

But he is still hella awesome and deserves all the support he gets. He died for our sins.

The poll results are dominated by fujoshi, which is great since we can look at it and then laugh in the face of people who still believe Jump is for boys. I can't agree with the results though and I say that specifically because Tsuyu isn't in it so she won't be on the color spread in a cute new outfit. I wish this poll had started after her fight, it may not have been enough to defeat the fujo vote but at maybe she coulda at least beat loving Endeavor.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hendeavor is unstoppable

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You can send in as many votes as you want, so I chose to believe that Endeavor sent in two thousand votes for himself.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

You can send in as many votes as you want, so I chose to believe that Endeavor sent in two thousand votes for himself.

Nah. Inasa was getting all fired up for the whole "Endeavor tries to be less of a poo poo" thing, so he hand wrote all of them.

There aren't more because he had to include a different essay with each one, and it got way harder than he expected to figure out something new-but-positive to say about Todoroki senior.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

He's not a meme!!!

But he is still hella awesome and deserves all the support he gets. He died for our sins.

The poll results are dominated by fujoshi, which is great since we can look at it and then laugh in the face of people who still believe Jump is for boys. I can't agree with the results though and I say that specifically because Tsuyu isn't in it so she won't be on the color spread in a cute new outfit. I wish this poll had started after her fight, it may not have been enough to defeat the fujo vote but at maybe she coulda at least beat loving Endeavor.

yeah maybe tsuyu would be on this poll if she was allowed to do

literally

loving anything for the past 2+ years

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

He's not a meme!!!

Endeavour has the whole Bara thing going on with Hawks so he was probably going to make it at least to 10th. But yeah Tsuyu needed to... do... thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Caidin posted:

Endeavor has finally surpassed All Might.

I can't wait for the top ten drawing, just to see Endeavor being jazzed as gently caress that he's got more votes than All Might.