Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Taima posted:

did you just assume the kings rolls are extra bad for you because you think hawaiians are fat

Of course all hawaiian are fat, theyre Americans just like us :v:

People brought hawaiian rolls to work which I never heard of back in the east coast and they were ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I buy the giant ones, cut them in half lengthwise, stuff them with sandwich items, reassemble, and then cut into pie slices. Im hungry just thinking about it.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Coredump posted:

Hey Taima while you’re here chatting about food you know what goes on dogs?

Mustard and kraut and/or onions.

I get it, you like ketchup. Enjoy man. I like how you ask me this every few months, its like a somewhat creepy tradition at this point. It is ill-advised but not illegal to put ketchup on a dog, you do you.

Speaking of tradition, happy Thankgiving to all faithful costco goons!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Of course all hawaiian are fat, theyre Americans just like us :v:

People brought hawaiian rolls to work which I never heard of back in the east coast and they were ok

Hah, your point is well taken but imo the fitness rat race in hawaii is REAL, at least with the younger generations. The social implications of being fat in the trendier areas especially are pretty vicious. I guess its just the result of putting a bunch of uber fit tropical beach people on small, expensive, competitive islands.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I really think Costco's off-brand allergy meds are the best deal in the whole store. Aller-tec/Zyrtec does wonders for me, it's a crazy steal at $13 for a year's supply. Meanwhile branded Zyrtec at walgreens is $40 for 70 tablets.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That doorbell is actually pretty cool. My buddy has one and I went over to his house right before the Packer game started. I rang the bell. Nothing. Just his dog barking and whining. Ok maybe he's in the bathroom. "Hey Pennywise, I'm at the grocery store still. Sorry about that I'll be there in 10 minutes." Cool. I mean wtf why did you ask me to come over and run out but he was at the store and told me what was going on.

Pretty neat.

It sounds like he set this whole thing up just to try out his new doorbell...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Taima posted:

I get it, you like ketchup. Enjoy man. I like how you ask me this every few months, its like a somewhat creepy tradition at this point. It is ill-advised but not illegal to put ketchup on a dog, you do you.

Speaking of tradition, happy Thankgiving to all faithful costco goons!

Incorrect. Only death can solve the ketchup fancier’s illness. That their disgusting hobby is not illegal merely proves how thoroughly their perversion has infiltrated the state.

What I’m saying is: the piss tape is real, but it’s ketchup.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

Also ketchup... ketchup goes on dogs.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Ketchup goes on Hawaiian rolls

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

hope and vaseline posted:

I really think Costco's off-brand allergy meds are the best deal in the whole store. Aller-tec/Zyrtec does wonders for me, it's a crazy steal at $13 for a year's supply. Meanwhile branded Zyrtec at walgreens is $40 for 70 tablets.

This is symbolic of America's healthcare system.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

This explains alot now.

I should note I'm guessing off memory. Been a minute since I've been down to the states. Next time you're in the store, (and on the bottle you picked up,) just look up actual medicine name (should be in the fine print of active ingredients & dosage info,) on your phone, it'll say the brand names in the wiki article.

Also, Costco generics usually try to match the name brand color scheme in any given country though, so in the US pink should be Benadryl, Blue should be Claritin, Green should be Zyrtec, and Purple should be Allegra.

//edit

SirPablo posted:

This is symbolic of America's healthcare system.
I see pretty much the same break down here in Canada for Costco generic vs. name brand on OTC allergy meds unfortunately (with no costco generic Allegra here yet last time I checked, though it doesn't touch my allergies at all.)

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 22, 2018

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

it isn't costco matching the colors. Bulk OTC tablets are manufactured in India/China/etc. and are used by all otc companies. We literally all share the same few suppliers. Which, by the way is going to cause the price of OTC to go through the roof in the new year, due to the tariffs taking effect.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

it isn't costco matching the colors. Bulk OTC tablets are manufactured in India/China/etc. and are used by all otc companies. We literally all share the same few suppliers. Which, by the way is going to cause the price of OTC to go through the roof in the new year, due to the tariffs taking effect.

Oh, I was thinking the Costco branded labels rather than the pills themselves, but yeah that makes sense that it's all the same handful of suppliers. Makes me glad I'm in Canada too.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Canada uses the same suppliers. Every country does. Only China currently has the precursors to produce ibuprofen and paracetamol and the ability to make the final bulk product. Every country buys from them because they have no choice.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's the sugar. All rolls aren't going to be healthy, but Hawaiian rolls are loaded with sugar.

They have 6 grams of sugar. This is not a lot... for example a Costco roll has 3 grams. That means the hawaiian roll has a bit more sugar, but hawaiian rolls have substantially less salt than a normal dinner roll, and are also a bit smaller so they have fewer overall calories as well.

a gram of sugar has less than 4 calories, so if we're trying to quantify the extra 3 grams of sugar in a kings roll, it is less than 12 total calories that we're supposedly worried about here, and again, a kings roll only has 90 total calories in it, versus 120 of a costco roll.

(gettin' real deep on hawaiian rolls, that's how we do baby)

e: to clarify here I don't eat either, our family bakes focaccia bread. That's the winning move.

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 22, 2018

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Canada uses the same suppliers. Every country does. Only China currently has the precursors to produce ibuprofen and paracetamol and the ability to make the final bulk product. Every country buys from them because they have no choice.

Tariffs apply on import/landing product though right? The tax hit happens when it hits US shores. China to US = tariff, China to Canada, no tariff.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

hope and vaseline posted:

and the faux benadryl is like $5 for 400 pills in a huge bottle, vs real benadryl $8 for 10-20 in a lovely blister pack. It's fuckin loony.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

What tariff exactly? I thought they were like 25%

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Ultraklystron posted:

Tariffs apply on import/landing product though right? The tax hit happens when it hits US shores. China to US = tariff, China to Canada, no tariff.

That is true. I thought you were worried about quality issues.

revmoo posted:

yeah 25%. That's a lot of money. Example, we bring in 20,000 kg of APAP from china which is maybe a 1-2 month supply. It costs about $250,000. That's just one raw. 25% on a whole portfolio of stuff is a lot of money...

Im Ready for DEATH fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 22, 2018

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Right but a bottle of asprin going from $10 to $12.50 isn't "through the roof"

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Costco pumpkin pie is... not good. A rare misstep by the ‘co.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Coredump posted:

whoa shots fired

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

revmoo posted:

Right but a bottle of asprin going from $10 to $12.50 isn't "through the roof"

Tariffs and such are usually used as an excuse by companies to raise prices. That's more common in cases where the product doesn't arrive from the tariffed country fully-formed, it's more common in things made from steel or aluminum or whatever, but it's a thing?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Coredump posted:

Why would you buy a pie when you can buy a pumpkin cheesecake ?? :???:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Coredump posted:

:ohdear:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The pie is pretty good, but it does need to be warmed up in the oven. Just be careful you don't overbake it when you heat it up.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Jesus pumpkin pie is like the easiest thing in the world to make. It's probably a bugger pita just parking at a Costco as opposed to picking up a can of pie filling and a crust at a local grocery ( I'm just kidding I buy cans and shove them straight up my rear end in a top hat)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Data posted:

Jesus pumpkin pie is like the easiest thing in the world to make. It's probably a bugger pita just parking at a Costco as opposed to picking up a can of pie filling and a crust at a local grocery ( I'm just kidding I buy cans and shove them straight up my rear end in a top hat)

While this is true you are already at Costco and the pie is loving huge and feeds 10.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Bummey posted:

and the faux benadryl is like $5 for 400 pills in a huge bottle, vs real benadryl $8 for 10-20 in a lovely blister pack. It's fuckin loony.

Sorry to keep the allergy derail up but yes, it's nuts. Branding is a often a racket, but for long off patent OTC meds, it's a joke. Also worth also noting Benadryl is the sleep part of Tylenol PM/Simply Sleep, so Costco generic Benadryl is the cheapest sleep aid too (though, there's some studies warning against long term use for allergies or sleep: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2091745 .)

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
I swallow about 5-7 benadryls an evening. It's cheaper than alcohol and it makes whacking off a lot of fun.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Big Data posted:

I swallow about 5-7 benadryls an evening. It's cheaper than alcohol and it makes whacking off a lot of fun.

Until the spiders come out of your dickhole.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

e: to clarify here I don't eat either, our family bakes focaccia bread. That's the winning move.

:hmmyes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

revmoo posted:

25% is a HUGE loving percentage. Yeah sure. If you scale it down to $10 it doesn't matter much. But $1,000,000 is now $1,250,000.

Also like the other person said, it's a good excuse to raise prices on the consumer. The company has to pay an extra 25%, but they'll charge an extra 30% or something. Hell the price is already going up and the customer knows it but they can't add so let's just up it by whatever we want.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 23, 2018

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Data posted:

Have you ever made one from scratch? No, it is absolutely not the easiest thing in the world to make. I'm not talking dumping cans in a crust. I mean carving out a pumpkin, removing the innards, removing the fruit from the skin, pureeing it, etc.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Yeah for sure, things become more complicated the closer you get to 100% homegrown, scratch made. I could even set up a hydroponic pumpkin farm in my basement.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Big Data posted:

:stare:

Two and about 6mg of melatonin do me just fine and already I'm :ohdear: as gently caress about getting whatever that JAMA paper was talking about.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

'tis a fine $6 pie, but could use some more spices.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Schadenboner posted:

:stare:

Two and about 6mg of melatonin do me just fine and already I'm :ohdear: as gently caress about getting whatever that JAMA paper was talking about.

long-term Benadryl use significantly increases chances of developing dementia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

costco is good for buying saw blades