Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm seeing the Xbone version of D3 on Walmart for $17.99 but not the Switch version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Very next try at what? Should I be re-rolling my character until I get a good one?
Upgrading a rare item to a legendary item. From what I can tell, that's the best way to target a specific legendary (in my case, a specific Two-handed Flail) and I finally got what I'm looking for :dance:

Now I can lawmower Sweep Attack all I want without running out of Wrath in 0.2 seconds and the build is actually fun again.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Hope everyone’s having a good Thanksgiving!

Ended up buying doom. Haven’t played a Doom game since Highschool. Hopefully it will be fun. Have 2 hours to wait for it to download though. Anything I should know going in?

Also I have 17 bucks to burn on the eshop. Any recommendations with the sales going on?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Gyro on doom is a religious experience. Rip , tear, love.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm seeing the Xbone version of D3 on Walmart for $17.99 but not the Switch version.

It's an in-store thing. When I got it just had the normal 59.98 tag. It just rung up as 17 at the register. It's probably the result of them putting all the other versions on sale and mistakenly lumping the Switch version in with all the rest. It's certainly not advertised.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wish Diablo didn't eat the battery quite as fast because I'd love to be able to play for just a little bit longer each session but man, it's perfect for the Switch and I've somehow already spent like 40 hours in it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

how is Rocket League on switcho these days? been watching videos and god drat i could sure go for some portable racecar soccer right about now

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Any goons willing to pick up a copy of d3 for me? I live in NYC, so no wally marts here.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Your Computer posted:

I wish Diablo didn't eat the battery quite as fast because I'd love to be able to play for just a little bit longer each session but man, it's perfect for the Switch and I've somehow already spent like 40 hours in it

Same! I’ve leveled two characters to 70 (necromancer and crusader). I’m on the fence if I wanna upgrade my legendary gems, level more characters, or buy Skyrim.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Your Computer posted:

There's no better way to target a specific legendary in Diablo other than upgrading a rare item of the same weapon type right? Which requires a ton of Death's Breath? That you can't even get in Greater Rifts?

:negative:

You can gamble blood shards too. For armour and belts it's 25 shards. Weapons and jewelry are better upgrading as they cost more shards, but even so I got my first Travellers Pledge after upgrading tonnes of rare amulets. And you get lots of blood shards in Grifts.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1065802441352929280

Unless there's a surprise final character has been shown off. It's also 3 characters in one so if you want to be technical and count the B. Dee/Dedede/Meta Knight updates there's now 9 new characters to try out in this update ontop of a new difficulty level in the boss arena and a entirely new game mode with new bosses in general in it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reality Winter posted:

Lack of Mario Odyssey dlc has to mean a Mario Odyssey 2, right?

It’s possible but Nintendo has recently indicated that they’re going to focus on DLC for titles already released and I can’t think of one that would make more sense than that other than Mario Kart.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hand Row posted:

Steam world Heist is also excellent, especially for 10 bucks.

I bounced off Mario Rabbids but grabbed this because I love the Dig games and 3 hours in I'm enjoying it a whole lot

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mdemone posted:

Jesus didn't I pay $30 for a 64gb just like a month ago and it was a good deal?

$30 for a 64gb card six months ago was not a good deal. I think I payed that much for a 128gb card over a year ago...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I paid $50 for the 200GB months ago and really wish I waited a bit.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
If I have a 64g and want to upgrade to 128 how easy is that? Is all the save data on the system or do I lose everything that isn’t cloud saved?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

FYI there’s a bunch of games on sale in the eshop that nintendo didn’t list in the sale page for some reason. At a glance, Rayman Legends, I am Setsuna, Voez, Final Fantasy theatrhythm. I don’t think the main sale page had Titan Quest, Monopoly, or Lego City Undercover either but could be wrong. Anyhoo, worth looking at the actual eshop’s list of discounts if you have an eclectic wishlist and don’t mind wading through the eternally discounted shovelware.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rolo posted:

If I have a 64g and want to upgrade to 128 how easy is that? Is all the save data on the system or do I lose everything that isn’t cloud saved?

All save data is always on the system memory so you don’t have to worry about transferring that.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
so I grabbed the Katamari demo off of the jp eshop..

which got me to buy this

https://www.fangamer.com/products/katamari-the-prince-knit-beanie

I was seeing some folks admonishing Namco on Twitter over the release date, but heck I'd always pick rolling up a whole town into a star over Smash or anything else

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SeANMcBAY posted:

All save data is always on the system memory so you don’t have to worry about transferring that.

So just buy a new card, redownload my games and I’m 100% good?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rolo posted:

So just buy a new card, redownload my games and I’m 100% good?

That’ll work, yup. I think you can possibly just drag all the data from the old to new on a computer and that’ll work too. Just format the new card in the Switch first.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

Gonkish posted:

Oh my god... I didn't even... OH MY GOD, I'M SO SORRY, CREDIT CARD.

This strange portable Binding of Isaac machine has funny colours and cost me over 300 euros. I have no regrets.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SeANMcBAY posted:

That’ll work, yup. I think you can possibly just drag all the data from the old to new on a computer and that’ll work too. Just format the new card in the Switch first.

That owns, I don’t have a computer so I’ll just download everything in an afternoon. I only have about 40gb worth of games but 128 for 19.99 can’t be ignored.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

how is Rocket League on switcho these days? been watching videos and god drat i could sure go for some portable racecar soccer right about now

It’s real good. 69fps portable version of car soccer

E: fuckit I’m leaving that typo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Katamari Damacy is so fantastic, intro is on point as always

https://twitter.com/one_t_matt/status/1065837753143685122?s=21

https://twitter.com/one_t_matt/status/1065837942151643136?s=21

Runs great and the music is awesome

https://twitter.com/one_t_matt/status/1065838149664858112?s=21

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I preordered the physical version from GameStop.

I love that the Switch is seemingly getting ports or remakes of all the games I found interesting and missed out on from not having their original console.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Prince of All Cosmos better be a Smash Bros DLC

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
King of All Consoles

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

God, I still remember when there were rumblings of a Katamari for the DS that never materialized. Was in Nintendo Power and everything.

I'm glad God's perfect console is here to set old wrongs right.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've never been happier I waited for something than Dark Souls for switch. I think if I'd grabbed it for PS4 I'd have played it for an hour and been like "oh yeah I've played this game 5 times already" but man it's nice being able to just grab it for 10 minutes anywhere and the port is actually super good. Can't believe the portable version I'm playing right now runs better than the original version I played too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snackmar posted:

I was seeing some folks admonishing Namco on Twitter over the release date, but heck I'd always pick rolling up a whole town into a star over Smash or anything else

If I were a game dev I'd fear the release of my game if it were anywhere near a Smash Bros. release. Releasing anything near it seems dumb.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Civilization 6 on the Switch is a lot of fun. I was always just a casual player but I owned Civ 3 and 4 on the computer. Turn times are very snappy in the first 100-200+ rounds, but definitely start to slow down after 300-350. It still feels a lot faster than the old games, though. Very happy with my purchase, even if I have accidentally stayed up until almost 2am two nights this week.

I have no clue what difficulty I am playing on or how to change it, but I just got maybe my first ever science victory. Never even got close before, so I was surprised when the other countries declared war on me in the last 10 turns. Yesterday one AI country got a religious victory REALLY early.

the truth fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 23, 2018

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

If I were a game dev I'd fear the release of my game if it were anywhere near a Smash Bros. release. Releasing anything near it seems dumb.

Publishers are dumb, look at the games killing their sales by releasing against Red Dead Redemption 2 just now.

Sony had some success releasing stuff in January (a low competition month) so now a bunch of stuff is competing there too and leaving a bunch of the year empty as usual.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Healbot posted:

Play Witch Doctor and throw vases full of spiders on the enemy after having a spirit vomit acid on them.

Hell yeah that's what I do, have to keep upping the difficulty though cos everything just dies

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Will the physical version of Katamari have any bonuses or anything? I read the digital version is coming out earlier.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Publishers are dumb, look at the games killing their sales by releasing against Red Dead Redemption 2 just now.

Sony had some success releasing stuff in January (a low competition month) so now a bunch of stuff is competing there too and leaving a bunch of the year empty as usual.

It's amazing how companies don't learn this.

poo poo, one of the big reasons why the Switch in general hit it off during launch was due to it launching in loving March of all times.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
We're getting a second Switch for upstairs today lmao

We were gonna get one for my fiancee's niece, but decided in the end that we should just keep it here since she comes over a lot. There's like a super high likelihood that her mom would pawn it :ohdear:

So, on that note: what happens if you try to sign in on two devices at once? Does it kick one of your instances? Trying to figure out how many games I'll have to buy two copies of lol. I already disabled cloud saves on my main Switch so that people can sign in as me upstairs and play my eshop games without interfering with my precious save data.

e: It looks like both instances can play at once as long as it's different games? Nintendo's documentation is vague for my weird edge case :argh:

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Nov 23, 2018

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

How the FUUUUCK do I play Katamari??!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

How the FUUUUCK do I play Katamari??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm wavering between a 128GB and 200GB sd card with these deals. On the one hand the 200GB is only £10 extra but on the other hand when am I ever gonna be playing more than like three 'big' games on Switch at any time? Even major Switch games aren't generally THAT big.