Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Amazon has Skyrim on a lightning deal for the next 25 minutes, $35.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Thanks for the controller talk guys. I may just get that SN30 Pro. The fact that it works with PC USB out of the box tips me over the edge. I've tried using 3rd party drivers for the switch pro controller to work corded with the PC, but I was never successful. This was some time ago though, maybe the situation has improved. Right now, I only have enough controllers for 3 players on local PC multiplayer which is a bit awkward. The many low reviews of the sn30 pro initially made me wary of the quality control from 8bitdo, but it also seems like they're genuinely improving.

bushisms.txt posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNJJG5V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Qdf-BbF8QSW1D

Just came out, so not on sale, but it's a comparable price and is the best on the market.

Holy moly, I can't play in handheld mode for more than like 45 minutes without hand cramps and thought I was the only one. Never knew this existed but it seems VERY intriguing....

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Nintendo eshop is cheaper than amazon

What is going on on this crazy mixed-up world???

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Achmed Jones posted:

The Nintendo eshop is cheaper than amazon

What is going on on this crazy mixed-up world???

Deals, my friend.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Circle Nine posted:

The Sega Classics Collection comes out in like 2 weeks and I'm so hyped to be able to have ToeJam & Earl on my Switch. I'm sure I'll play a few other things in there, but I am mostly planning on paying $30 just for that.

there's gonna be shining force 2!!! oh man

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Physical copy is worth more. You can resell or lend it to friends.

I just found out Diablo 3 Campaign is open to public matchmaking with seasonal characters, but friends only with non seasonal characters. So I changed it. Hopefully i’ll get matched up. But I have it on the second to highest difficulty. The necromancer seems kinda overpowered. I have a giant entourage fighting with me, not counting the cuckoo, and rezzed enemies.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Not sure if anyone is paying attention but we just had a leak of all the Smash songs and they're amazing. We are listening to them over in the Smash thread as they get uploaded.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
You probably won't get matched up with anyone playing the D3 campaign. It's really really bad.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You can also stick your friends' physical carts in and claim points for them. It's significantly less than a digital copy's points though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Heath posted:

You can also stick your friends' physical carts in and claim points for them. It's significantly less than a digital copy's points though.

You can only do this once per cart and it has to be less than a year since the game’s original release.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You can do it once per cart per system. I was able to claim points on mine after he did his.

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
Couple of quick Joycon questions:

1) Is there a good Joycon grip that can also fit in the dock?
2) If not, what's the consensus on the best Joycon grip?

My hands (especially my left one) fall asleep after like 20 minutes playing in portable.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RCarr posted:

What the hell am I looking at? Please tell me that's not game play.

It's a rhythm game disguised as an on rails runner.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Zas posted:

But neither Sonic 3 nor Sonic 3 & Knuckles. :(

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Reality Winter posted:

You probably won't get matched up with anyone playing the D3 campaign. It's really really bad.
It's not worse than any other mediocre evildoer-based storyline. Veteran Diablo 3 players are just scarred for life from having to play through it a minimum of 20 times to unlock all the characters.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Macaluso posted:

It makes sense when you're actually playing it trust me. Though I would honestly suggest Thumper on PC or PS4 instead just because that game causes me to press the joystick way too hard and I feel like I may break the Switch playing Thumper.

Use the d-pad!

Reality Winter posted:

I haven’t messed with it, but by default you start in friends only mode and you have to switch it to connect to randos. Alternatively no one is playing campaign because it sucks

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Volte posted:

It's not worse than any other mediocre evildoer-based storyline. Veteran Diablo 3 players are just scarred for life from having to play through it a minimum of 20 times to unlock all the characters.

No, it's terrible even by standard RPG trope-stravaganza standards.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What’s a good grindy game to buy that I don’t need headphones for? 60 for d3 is a bit steep considering I’ve played the poo poo out of it on both PC and PS4 now.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hyrule warriors

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Heads up: the new 8-bit costume in Mario Odyssey is lame. It's the 8-bit model locked in a "mid air jump" pose that just floats around in the air. It is not an animated 8-bit skin.

Yeah yeah, gift horse's mouth and all that. Just thought it's worth mentioning so you don't get your hopes up.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Zas posted:

That was the first thought that crossed my mind as well. SOOOO GOOD

Also got through the first few stages of Doom. Very satisfying so far. Tried the motion help and it was more disorienting then helpful but I might give it another go after I get through the main campaign. It’s just a bit of a learning curve to get used to.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Volte posted:

What are you talking about unlocking characters?? That was never a thing in D3.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its probably not ever gonna happen but one of those sega guys was talking about putting saturn and dreamcast games on the switch and man if that happens, gently caress the vc, don't need any of that poo poo, goat console

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

GreatGreen posted:

Heads up: the new 8-bit costume in Mario Odyssey is lame. It's the 8-bit model locked in a "mid air jump" pose that just floats around in the air. It is not an animated 8-bit skin.

Yeah yeah, gift horse's mouth and all that. Just thought it's worth mentioning so you don't get your hopes up.

What the gently caress?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Heath posted:

What the gently caress?

Yeah I thought it was gonna be another one of those "Those geniuses did it again!" things but the only movement he does is his hat will disappear when he throws his hat. Still kinda funny to watch him leap after it like a plane stalling out but not worth going out of your way to get it if you don't already have the 9999 coins sitting around.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
costumes are dumb DLC anyway

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GreatGreen posted:

:chloe: x 100

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

GreatGreen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQCnSD1PpiY

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Of course I have 9999 coins sitting around. It's like you people don't even play Balloon World.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Over There posted:

Not sure if anyone is paying attention but we just had a leak of all the Smash songs and they're amazing. We are listening to them over in the Smash thread as they get uploaded.

Cool that it's gonna have the second best soundtrack of any game released that day

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Burnt Poffin posted:

These are events that last a few months. Basically, you create an all-new character that has no access to anything from the Campaign mode, and go through the Adventures & Bounties mode, getting lootboxes for completing all the missions for each Act.

You don't have to go straight into Adventure mode with a season character though. You can (and imo should if it's your first time playing) go through the campaign first to get a better idea of how the game and your character works before jumping into Adventure, and you can freely switch between them.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Bongo Bill posted:

Of course I have 9999 coins sitting around. It's like you people don't even play Balloon World.

About a couple of weeks or so ago I decided I was gonna get all the costumes that had come out after I beat the game. So yeah i've played a lot of Balloon World back to back.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Bottom Liner posted:

What are you talking about unlocking characters?? That was never a thing in D3.
I mean fully unlocking them, i.e. getting all the classes to 60

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Is the wireless Gamecube controller out yet?

Has anybody tried it? How does it play? How's the d-pad?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Healbot posted:

But neither Sonic 3 nor Sonic 3 & Knuckles. :(

But otoh you get Sonic Spinball which is also pretty fuckin rad. Also Phantasy Star 2-4.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Struck out at my Walmart for Diablo 3. There weren't any copies left so maybe other people caught wind of the sale. Can't confirm if the price is still live or not.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
What’s one of the better JRPGs on Switch? One that an adult would enjoy but a young kid could also grasp and play.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Look Sir Droids posted:

What’s one of the better JRPGs on Switch? One that an adult would enjoy but a young kid could also grasp and play.

World of Final Fantasy maybe?

I'd say Octopath but that's not young kid friendly content wise.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Xenoblade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Look Sir Droids posted:

Any of the Tales games are great. There is one being re-released on switch in early January if nothing else.