Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Pat stanning Mark Kern then using the laziest excuses to justify it kinda killed the channel for me. I like Matt's genuine enthusiasm for the poo poo he does and Woolie is hella inspiration for me, but Pat enabling/Paige associating with actual facists is a bit too much for me to keep supporting them. Woolie was def always my favorite for the longest time and the way Liam has been post split really turned him around on me.,

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I wasn't a particularly big fan of Liam until after he left. Suppose that's just the difference being able to work to your own schedule makes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Liam is extremely good at deadpanning jokes at the perfect times, his Nintendo direct stuff is great, and he actually goes in depth on stuff like researching things on the stream and discussing it with the chat afterwards which is nice and sometimes educational.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
While I'll always miss Liam's dry zingers on the podcast, which were one of the best features of it pre-split imo, they weren't really worth the ratio of insipid shouting matches that engaging with the Boivin Shoutcast Segment™ seriously often caused.

So I'm really glad his content has improved so much by taking the creative reins, though I do somewhat miss Woolie's presence as a jumping platform to keep the commentary going. His curated news-breakdowns are top notch, but his streams get these gulfs of silence from time to time where he just really focuses on the game, but I can see how that'd be a merit to other people.

edit: yo this fallout 76 video is buckwild

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 23, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wait, Pat's doing this poo poo now too?

What you thought those Paige and Pat are siblings/parallel universe versions of themselves was a joke? :v:

I didn't really watch the podcast regularly so only watching LPs meant I had nothing but fine memories of Liam. The most I ever rolled my eyes at him was the beginning of the MGS5 LP where he's just revving the horse trying to run off while Ocelot's still talking but that's about it.

Crispycreme Big Boss will live on in my heart forever.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah I've already been kind of waxing and waning on the channel for a bit in that I don't watch as often as I used to, but if Pat's going to defend associating with neo-nazis by proxy of paige as a "difference of opinion" im pretty much done with the channel and will just watch Woolie/Matt/Liam's side content.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Being a nazi that claims every mass shooting is a false flag is a personality quirk and a matter of minor disagreement.....

Alternative facts incarnate.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Being a nazi that claims every mass shooting is a false flag is a personality quirk and a matter of minor disagreement.....

Alternative facts incarnate.

source that he is associating w someone who makes these claims?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
not every right wing piece of poo poo is a nazi. most of them are but plenty are not and that seems like a strawman, to accuse pats unscrupulous associates of being that particularly vile strain

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Not wanting the people I like the content of to associate with those who call mass shootings false flags and espouse nazi ideology: a dumbass stance indicating I can never be satisfied and not the bare loving minimum I'd expect from decent folk

like, i know paige is friends with cryptofascists, but so are u probably, and u dont know it. its an easily hidden ideology. but i sincerely doubt she or pat has had repeated interactions with an outed nazi, like the resetera thread and you guys are insinuating

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

like, i know paige is friends with cryptofascists, but so are u probably, and u dont know it. its an easily hidden ideology. but i sincerely doubt she or pat has had repeated interactions with an outed nazi, like the resetera thread and you guys are insinuating

oh my god

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ok, sirtommygunn. blow my mind with your rational skepticism.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

source that he is associating w someone who makes these claims?

Let's go back to the start of the whole thing where Paige thought it was super cool to go on this guys show, triple downed that dude couldn't be racist to the point that she attacked trans folks concerned and now Pat framing literal racist false flag boy as "just having a different opinion". The Dick Show and fans circled the wagons around the open racist including Paige. This isn't a strawman that this Ralph is literal scum it's just fact.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hate-speech-on-live-super-chats-tests-youtube-1541205849

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

If I found out that some guy I hang around was a loving fascist I would tell that guy to gently caress off and loving apologize if I somehow signal boosted or did something to aid him.

I would not double down and complain about concern trolling

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 23, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

When you go full attack on people pointing out that you're being used by a literal racist scumbag I can't blame people for wondering about you.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Let's go back to the start of the whole thing where Paige thought it was super cool to go on this guys show, triple downed that dude couldn't be racist to the point that she attacked trans folks concerned and now Pat framing literal racist false flag boy as "just having a different opinion". The Dick Show and fans circled the wagons around the open racist including Paige. This isn't a strawman that this Ralph is literal scum it's just fact.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hate-speech-on-live-super-chats-tests-youtube-1541205849

ok, i will concede that it is completely unacceptable that paige continue on her track, this guy is that vile fascist. but i maintain that pat’s post on resetera was just flaming bad resetera posters and doesnt actually address this at all

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

scary ghost dog posted:

ok, i will concede that it is completely unacceptable that paige continue on her track, this guy is that vile fascist. but i maintain that pat’s post on resetera was just flaming bad resetera posters and doesnt actually address this at all

The posts he was complaining about were talking about this and that other podcast run by neo nazi rear end in a top hat lol. Just take the L duder.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The posts he was complaining about were talking about this and that other podcast run by neo nazi rear end in a top hat lol. Just take the L duder.

never

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

scary ghost dog posted:

These kinds of people never shut up about politics, make absolutely everything about politics, and anyone who has concerns is accused of being an SJW that makes everything political. It can be an easily hidden ideology but in this day and age almost everyone is blatantly obvious about it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

These kinds of people never shut up about politics, make absolutely everything about politics, and anyone who has concerns is accused of being an SJW that makes everything political. It can be an easily hidden ideology but in this day and age almost everyone is blatantly obvious about it.

only the morons. smart fascists exist and are surprisingly subtle. perhaps u have met a republican that does not support trump, or a “libertarian”? this is they. its not better to be one, but if u are as dumb as paige or pat its easy to mistake them for a simple moron, undeserving of scorn, when in fact they are cunning morons, deserving only of execution

additionally even the liberal government of canada is techno-fascist so theres really no winning up there.....i wouldnt be surprised if pat literally gave up on trying to figure out if people are bad or not and i dont blame him for rejecting reseteras attempts to set him straight given their autistic lack of tact

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah its 2018, the year evrryone is growing up and no longer using nasty language anymore.

yes my point was about being nice to people and not about using ableist slurs like youre a middle schooler from 2012 even if i agree with u otherwise

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

somepartsareme posted:

yes my point was about being nice to people and not about using ableist slurs like youre a middle schooler from 2012 even if i agree with u otherwise

there arent really any nice ways to call people stupid, which might itself be considered an ableist slur by the cohort that defines such things

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's true, Scary Ghost Dog is the super secret fascist.

Definitely not a smart one like they claim though.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

scary ghost dog posted:

there arent really any nice ways to call people stupid, which might itself be considered an ableist slur by the cohort that defines such things

"Stupid" and all the words of its ilk aren't ableist since there are a wide variety of reasons a person can be stupid.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Roth posted:

It's true, Scary Ghost Dog is the super secret fascist.

Definitely not a smart one like they claim though.

hey lady i like steven universe too.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

actually there's quite a few non ableist ways to call people stupid you gormless fuckwit.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
ironically until now i thought gormless was a weird slur because it's british

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sundance Shot posted:

actually there's quite a few non ableist ways to call people stupid you gormless fuckwit.

yeah but calling people “gormless fuckwits” would make me sound like a pretentious douchebag, and id much rather be a heartless ableist.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this argument is retarded

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

this argument is retarded

heres the end of it https://thebodyisnotanapology.com/magazine/stupid-is-an-ableist-slur-breaking-down-defenses-around-ableist-language-liberating-our-words/ https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/no-joking-matter-words-and-disability https://www.autistichoya.com/p/ableist-words-and-terms-to-avoid.html?m=1

anti-ableism activists tend to consider demeaning anyones intelligence as ableism. so theres literally no non-ableist way to insult someones intelligence. if u were offended that i said the word “retard” im sorry, but dont hide behind accusations of ableism if u dont even know what it is

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 23, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I'm so glad we've degenerated into the dense pedantry that makes me want to cave my retarded skull in

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

here's my last hot take on this with some relevant material from ages past

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i think it is reasonably well accepted nowadays anywhere that is not 4chan that calling people retards and autists as insults is beyond the pale (especially in this context where the conversation is about whether or not people are being apologists for bigots) and "sorry u were offended" is a lovely response to being called on it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

somepartsareme posted:

i think it is reasonably well accepted nowadays anywhere that is not 4chan that calling people retards and autists as insults is beyond the pale (especially in this context where the conversation is about whether or not people are being apologists for bigots) and "sorry u were offended" is a lovely response to being called on it

if it makes u feel better im not really sorry, i was just being condescending, i am bigoted and rude and dont care about hurting peoples feelings. but i also want to destroy fascism so technically we are allied and i do hope u can reconcile that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is now a Christian Minecraft server!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhbEqbWLgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJHGWZSr-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1vmR_ZyUHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw8u2QABySU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

scary ghost dog posted:

if it makes u feel better im not really sorry, i was just being condescending, i am bigoted and rude and dont care about hurting peoples feelings. but i also want to destroy fascism so technically we are allied and i do hope u can reconcile that.

Nah, you're poo poo. Go away.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

lmfao @ "Y-yeah well you probly have cryptofascist friends too!"

No, I don't you humongous dumbass, it's not hard to figure up people on these things, you don't have to interrogate someone to find these things out either, it's as simple as "Do they blow a gasket when I talk about left politics sometimes, which are basically intrinsically linked with my identity as a transperson, at least one who cares about myself and others not being murdered by jackboots for being who we are" and if they do whatsoever, they get booted because I'm not going to associate with someone who has ~OPINIONS~ on my right to exist or apologizes for violent bigots and insane right wing conspiracies. What got into some people's drinking water that caping for cowardly both sides poo poo is the premier hill to die on now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

This is a godlike remix. Thank you for posting.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=recEcbwOcvc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

What got into some people's drinking water that caping for cowardly both sides poo poo is the premier hill to die on now.

It's the mature and civil thing to do to hear out genocidal psycho's!

:suicide:

Swear people literally forgot what the end goal of the klan and nazi's is. The VP has literally gone on record that conversion therapy is good. Being dense is in loving vogue.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 24, 2018