Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I once drove by nipton irl, it was nicer in new vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Nipton's day is coming

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Agean90 posted:

I once drove by nipton irl, it was nicer in new vegas

Amazing what a few crucifixes and tire fires can do for a place.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

We have a saying in salt lake city. "Carthago delenda est". It means degenerates like you belong on a cross

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
caesar's legion is actually meant as an analogy to what the capitalist class thinks of the soviet union, with caesar clearly being stalin

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Widespread adoption of crossbows* was impeded in 1139 by a papal ban on using them against Christians, which no didn't exactly stop people but did make embrace of the weapon less attractive and give the knightly class another reason to suppress it.

*Technically, the canton in question states "We prohibit under anathema that murderous art of crossbowmen and archers, which is hateful to God, to be employed against Christians and Catholics from now on," which includes other forms of bowmen but in practice only really got applied to crossbows.

imagining this in modern-day makes me laugh

like someone makes an anti-gun field or whatever and the us military is just standing outside it with a megaphone like "please turn off your anti-gun rays, you're making Jesus upset"

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

they're called IEDs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup is about a capitalist ubermensch plundering a third world nation.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Yinlock posted:

imagining this in modern-day makes me laugh

like someone makes an anti-gun field or whatever and the us military is just standing outside it with a megaphone like "please turn off your anti-gun rays, you're making Jesus upset"

Amir Kurtbay, 1516 posted:

Hear my words and listen to them, so that you and others will know that amongst us are horsemen of destiny and red death. A single one of us can defeat your whole army. If you do not believe it, you may try, only please order your army to stop shooting at us with firearms!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vox Nihili posted:

So who's gonna do the inevitable Liberal Crime Squad LP for CSPAM?

I play this when I need to cool off from anger at politics. Might give it a go tomorrow if no one else has by then.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hentai Jihadist posted:

shiiit

i forgot about that game

its one of my favourites, its much easier to pick up that dwarf fortress and it owns.
the unofficial patches add a lot but make it a lot harder too, in the original making your own newspaper to publish exposes you get from hacking basically wins the game

one of my favourite ways to play is with a very charismatic leader who has a very high Legal skill so they can defend themselves in court.
then you grind levels by doing minor crimes, writing about it in your lovely newsletter then when people arrest you making dramatic speeches that win your own case and hearts and minds
i think this kinda build also works for making disguises and infiltrating places

it has some trouble when the cops go mega fash though cause they just shoot you in the head instead of take you to trial

That's why you recruit lieutenants and have them recruit others who do all the work. Degrees of separation.

Like organized crime. :gritin:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
How do I play Crusader Kings 2 woke?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

snoremac posted:

imprison and execute your family, stress yourself out, work it into a depression, and commit suicide.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Enslave all the white people.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

absolute agnatic tanistry usually pisses off a lot of nobles and also your entire dynasty

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

revive zoroastrianism, marry your sister, make anime real again

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

snoremac posted:

As the Aztecs

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

yeah, see how spain likes it

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'm Pictland (Scotland) and turned off Sunset Invasion.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The true fun of CK2 is in cucking as many Kings and noblemen as possible

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

quote:

Features of Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century include:

Minority Expulsion: Settle your distant colonies with homeland minorities, promoting greater cohesion at home, while adding more diversity to your subject nations.
lol

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I don't know if there's a CSPAM approved way to play Medieval 2 Total War

Last time, I remember the Moors took over Western Europe in a benevolent calliphite, established religious tolerance, even for the Jews, and strangely the Pope was a big ally

A Russian troll farm posted:

We have a saying in salt lake city. "Carthago delenda est". It means degenerates like you belong on a cross

In the howling wind comes a stinging rain
See it driving nails
Into the souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly, a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

The true fun of CK2 is in cucking as many Kings and noblemen as possible

hmm now i want to do a run where i play a count somewhere in france who tries to cuck every king in europe

... hang on, if i'm gay can i gently caress every king?

e: you cannot permanently destroy christianity in CK2 so its not very CSPAM

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Hentai Jihadist posted:

hmm now i want to do a run where i play a count somewhere in france who tries to cuck every king in europe

I think you'd have to cheat and give every other King the gay attribute or something.

edit:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/homosexual-is-now-an-awesome-trait.844647/

quote:

In the past, Homosexual has generally been a negative trait in CK2 since it carries a fertility penalty and a vassal opinion penalty. (With the exception if everyone is a homosexual, but that's like saying that negative traits would be good in a world of Gluttonous, Clubfooted, Harelipped, Lisping, Stuttering, Hunchback Dwarves).

However, Homosexual is now a USEFUL and AWESOME trait, due inadvertently to the Seduction issues. (While the upcoming patch will tweak Seduction, we will have to see whether or not the problem is solved).

Even Chaste wives may succumb to seduction. But if you actively look for Homosexual (Lesbian) wives, they are not eligible targets of seduction for male vassals focusing on Seduction. So if you are really concerned about making sure your dynastic kids are really yours, have everyone marry Lesbian wives! (Yes, there is technically the rare bug where a woman can get another woman pregnant, but it is highly unlikely that you will have a female Lesbian vassal who is seducing that particular Lesbian wife).

Similarly, you can address the problem the other way by intentionally landing Homosexual men as your vassals. Even though they can seduce, their only eligible targets should be other men, which leaves the womenfolk safe.

So my current strategy has been Lesbian wives and Gay men vassals!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

You can sacrifice the Pope to your Gods though.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

MonsieurChoc posted:

You can sacrifice the Pope to your Gods though.

Or Satan, that's always fun too.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

experimenting with a cucking focussed playthrough i started at the earliest start as a welshman of the chad dynasty and cucked every petty king and made all their wives my lovers with ease.
if i did it again i would make myself a culture that can join that warrior society that lets me completely destroy my rivals in duels while still loving their wives

e: gf asked me what i was doing and i laughed for about five minutes

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 05:49 on Nov 25, 2018

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Mass Effect I think really has a good setting with a lot of potential to be a good CSPAM game, except it pushes the most interesting things about the setting to the periphery and papers over a lot of potentially complex issues with how it revolves around Shepard and their quest to deal with a problem of far greater magnitude than any of the relatively petty political struggles that stand in Shepard's path. Of course a few of these are centered in major subplots: the Krogan Genophage, the fate of the Rachni, the Quarian Exile. All of them are resolved in a similar way, if you choose the most positive paths: Shepard's force of personality and the tremendous threat of the Reapers causes everybody to put aside their grievances and accept that the Reapers are more important threat. And then the ending happens, which is a whole other ball of wax.

But anyway, the game lore either hints at or revolves around a lot of interesting political world building with ample opportunities for compelling tensions if somebody other than Bioware gets a hold of it and decides to do a story other than "World Ending Death Robots Are Coming".

The Asari:
  • Super wealthy and democratic and advanced and enlightened civilization of ancient wise women.
  • Completely full of poo poo.
  • Happily spreads myths about how their culture leads to their success when it has a lot more to do with their civilization's access to Prothean technology and widespread biotic ability.
  • Withholds their powerful knowledge from everybody else in a time of crisis until their homeworld is literally being blown to pieces.
  • Jerk themselves off in Thessia about all their lofty principles, practices all but the worst excesses of capitalism in Illium.
The Salarians:
  • perpetuated what might be the worst genocide between Reaper invasions
  • Generally not really upset about it, and their general refusal to admit wrongdoing has persisted through a shitload of generations, which is weird
  • regularly spies on their allies and apparently engages in all kinds of industrial espionage
The Turians:
  • See Salarian Item #1
  • Have a client race? That's kinda hosed up?
  • Weird hierarchical Romeaboo structure
  • Came across a new race and decided to shoot them rather than talk to them, though this might be justified considering...
The Humans:
  • Nation states are huge and hosed up, apparently there was another American Civil War and somebody blew up the Statue of Liberty. Details are scarce but sounds like things were pretty messy before the discovery of FTL created a new boom time, and humanity carried a lot of their worst societal traits forward to the Golden Age of FTL.
  • Before the Reaper threat, Systems Alliance generally concerned with protecting the recklessly fast progress of capitalist imperialism as huge corporations greedily gobble up new planets without really giving a poo poo for the well being of the people they send (Zhu's Hope) or the legality of what goes on there (Noveria).
  • Nobody gives a poo poo if the Batarians have a problem with this colonialist behavior because the Batarians are a Bad Uncivilized Nation unlike the Good Civilized Nations of the Citadel.
  • Birthed a fascistic terrorist group that manages to gently caress up everything for every race. Alliance just kinda let them cook for way too long until they became an existential threat to the survival of the Citadel races.
  • Not really sure if any Marxists exist. Don't recall meeting any. Where are they?
  • Organized labor? Is that a thing? Also not sure.

The Quarians:
  • Got kicked off their planet for doing poo poo they were warned not to do.
  • Constantly try crazy poo poo to reclaim their planet.
  • Launch a war for the fatherland right as the rest of the galaxy desperately needs the support of the two massive fleets being destroyed in said war.
  • Nobody seems to want to really help them find a place to live, but maybe this is justified because they're too focused on the planet they hosed themselves out of.

I could go on and on, but more generally the Council members seem to be pretty drat corrupt, massive corporations seem to run a whole lot and do it badly, there isn't a single race that isn't at least kind of lovely to their supposed allies, there's poor and exploited people all over the place, political racism is common, whole civilizations have been leveled by genocide and people won't even admit that it was wrong to do so. The games do touch on these topics a lot, but they always take a back seat to the Big Threat and the adventures of Shepard and friends before being completely lost in the ending. I don't mind it really because I do enjoy the games but can't help but think that the universe is ripe for some really interesting stories about how a glittering multi-species galactic civilization has tons of unresolved traumas and inequities.

csm141 has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Nov 25, 2018

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

^^ I would still love a mass effect spinoff that focuses more on the universe than some big bad. Garrus' time on omega seems like a really great jump off point for that.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I think you'd have to cheat and give every other King the gay attribute or something.

edit:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/homosexual-is-now-an-awesome-trait.844647/

lol if you need a strat to keep from being cucked. lol if you're not using the health and fertility bonus from family focus to fall in love with ur wife and have a gigantic family.

really queer Christmas has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Nov 25, 2018

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the geth are collectivist, but they're also robots so gently caress'em.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jfood posted:

yeah every time a new program (idea) is made its added to the collective and everyone gets it and its cool, but if that idea is bad they can desync and stop the spread of the idea.

but you also hack them to do this in reverse

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Caesar explains things like a presentation because he’s teaching it to you. From Caesar’s perspective you’re just a half literate country boob with no political education whatsoever.

I gotta do a wildcard playthrough sometime

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

speaking as an uneducated boob, it was really nice to cross that one off the bucket-list.

if only virtually.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Chief Savage Man posted:

[*]Nobody gives a poo poo if the Batarians have a problem with this colonialist behavior because the Batarians are a Bad Uncivilized Nation unlike the Good Civilized Nations of the Citadel.

no one cares because they're belligerent assholes and sadistic slavers. they deserve all the imperialism that the humans do to them

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can confirm the final mission of Hitman 2 is CSPAM as gently caress. you infiltrate a castle on a remote island hosting a get together of the world’s richest people buying their survival of the apocalypse via bunkers, cryogenics, etc and colonizing Titan, the moon of Saturn. also you can kill a coal baron and take his Illuminati outfit in order to vote on a 10 year plan with the other oil barons to shift to renewable energy so they can be the saviors of humanity

I of course vetoed the motion and slammed the boss in an Iron Maiden

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

jfood posted:

lol if you wouldn't side with the robots when they rise up

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
the geth kick rear end. give the geth sniper an anti-materiel rifle and enjoy the show

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hentai Jihadist posted:

There's always a Pope but you can definitely wipe Christianity off the map.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chief Savage Man posted:

Mass Effect I think really has a good setting with a lot of potential to be a good CSPAM game, except it pushes the most interesting things about the setting to the periphery and papers over a lot of potentially complex issues

That's every Bioware game since after Baldur's Gate 2. Like in Dragon Age a lot of setting details sound interesting, but you can be sure that by the time they actually get around to telling a story with them it's the lamest implementation possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ur in my world now posted:

the geth kick rear end. give the geth sniper an anti-materiel rifle and enjoy the show

its really hosed up how in me2 you have to choose between ignoring legion or watching your entire ship's crew turned into Tube Soup in front of you