Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

lol if you pay to be a beta tester

paying to look at pictures of space ships, now that's worth something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

lmao if you you play MMOs

It's evolutionary self selection

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

knowing that you will have a fancy spaceship in a game that will never come out is priceless actually

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

It's evolutionary self selection

my college roommate freshman year paid me $100 for my wow beta key in 2004 and dropped out by february the next year. he went into IT management, makes ten times what i do, dates a model, and is still an awful human being who took a week of his unlimited vacation to play battlefield v

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

semper games

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i say swears online posted:

my college roommate freshman year paid me $100 for my wow beta key in 2004 and dropped out by february the next year. he went into IT management, makes ten times what i do, dates a model, and is still an awful human being who took a week of his unlimited vacation to play battlefield v

haha owned

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
i'm always super behind on playing AAA titles because i'm cheap as gently caress, so i'm just now playing through the Bioshock series

and holy poo poo Bioshock Infinite is intense. i was so high when i played the beginning part where you win the "lottery" and just goddamn.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I still play Morrowind on the reg

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

Holy hell he owned you hard

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i really should have held onto that wow account

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i don't play mmos but i try to get all trophies in games

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Siljmonster posted:

Get out of here.

But yeah, STALKER deserves a great mention. I'll wirte up some stuff about it soon.

Still waiting for this.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Does C-SPAM have a steam group? It was fun seeing what everyone was playing back when LF had a steam group. I bet a few of you guys like murdering police endlessly in payday2

E: VV Yeah they released some "ultimate edition upgrade" or something like that for all the insane amount of DLC that I spent a few bucks on awhile ago. I bought it and let it sit in my library until thanksgiving boredom made me lust for cop blood. All I know is last night I was murdering the poo poo out of the police next to Scarface, who was a fellow heist man and it was fun.

old beast lunatic has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Nov 26, 2018

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i really liked payday2 but all the people i played with got bored of the grind and the hundred different DLCs you need for all the guns and levels so i haven't touched it in years. no idea what the state of the game is now but shooting cops is always a good time

e: oh woah all the DLC is in the base game now I should pick it back up

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Nov 26, 2018

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
They also have H3H3 as playable characters for some reason

Really gave me pause when I saw it

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

MizPiz posted:

They also have H3H3 as playable characters for some reason

Really gave me pause when I saw it

coppers can never catch you if you blind them with your huge clouds of COTTON

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Homeless Friend posted:

the best part about gamebryo is upgrading a graphics card while playing one, loading a save walking around mostly normally. Then opening a door and unleashing the forces of hell as you are quickly pelted to death by cheese wheels and apples

This is because the physics engine is tied to your FPS because lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm sad in newer elder scrolls you can't generate the room of ultimate light like you could in morrowind

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Fallout 76 isn't even really an MMO. The server population is capped at 24, and they're almost never full anyway. PVP isn't even a real thing because of the anti-griefing system. What happens if you want to pvp is you shoot somebody and they get a dueling invite, but when you hit them it takes off a fraction of damage. But if they accept your invite then their hit does full damage. So you can wait for someone to accidentally shoot you, roid out on drugs, and then one shot them. So it takes out all the thrill of life or death any time pvp in a game like Rust, while still making it so everything can be unfairly exploited by high level players.

So basically the whole cash grab MMO conversion concept that's not even a remotely competent MMO?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm sad in newer elder scrolls you can't generate the room of ultimate light like you could in morrowind

speaking of spells I don't like morrowind that much but I respect that it had the balls to let players straight-up fly even though that probably broke a ton of stuff

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

speaking of spells I don't like morrowind that much but I respect that it had the balls to let players straight-up fly even though that probably broke a ton of stuff
It was required to even get through the main quest lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Yinlock posted:

my sweet persistent friend

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

It was required to even get through the main quest lol

nowadays if they let you have that spell every plot zone would be surrounded with straight-up SAM sites

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I wish modern Bethesda had the courage to be like "Here's a bunch of cool poo poo. If you break something then hope you saved beforehand" instead of babysitting the player

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created.

(then you can still beat the game anyway)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I wish modern Bethesda had the courage to be like "Here's a bunch of cool poo poo. If you break something then hope you saved beforehand" instead of babysitting the player

as long is it tells you you hosed up(so you don't hit a sierra moment of "whoops you forgot the rear end crystal for this rear end-shaped keyhole 3 hours later) then yeah this is always the better approach

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

COMRADES posted:

With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created.

(then you can still beat the game anyway)

Beating the game after loving everything up was the real Morrowind

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

BUSH 2112 posted:

i'm always super behind on playing AAA titles because i'm cheap as gently caress, so i'm just now playing through the Bioshock series

and holy poo poo Bioshock Infinite is intense. i was so high when i played the beginning part where you win the "lottery" and just goddamn.

I too am a bargain gamer, I just played a campaign for Shogun 2 total war for the first time. I have Fallout New Vegas and have yet to play it. My "new" games are Dishonored 2 and DX: mankind divided

Mankind Divided chugs in its main hub, its optimization sucks rear end

Also ME3 multiplayer was strong, real, and my friend. Message me if you feel like shooting mooks in the face

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Frugal protip: Wolfenstein: The New Order is on sale for like $8 and it fuckin owns 420 kill nazis everyday

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

frugal protip: don't pay for videogames

also don't waste your time on TNO, it is a boring and mediocre game.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The New Colossus is better on every level than The New Order

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Prav posted:

frugal protip: don't pay for videogames

yes, but make sure you have a trustworthy source for software

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

Wheeee posted:

make sure you have a trustworthy source for software

lmao if you ain't using rutracker to get yourself inducted into the Russian botnet

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mordekai posted:

Still waiting for this.

I enjoyed all three STALKER games, though the third is less atmospheric and tense than the first two until you get into Pripyat itself.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just cramming my face with loaves of french bread and sausages to fix my bulletholes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I have the two STALKER sequels but never get around to playing them because I've got too much on my plate already.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

just cramming my face with loaves of french bread and sausages to fix my bulletholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAm29XMYL2o

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i had shadow of chernobyl way back when and i really liked the atmosphere although i didnt get very far because it was scawwy

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CLIP INTO MY PISTOL. ITS A PMm AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START RUNNING TOWARDS THE MILITARY CHECKPOINT GUNS BLAZING. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I NOTCH A 9mm INTO A SOLDIERS HEARD OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CONQUERED THE ZONES MOST DANGEROUS CORDON OUTPOST. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE AROUND THE CAMPFIRE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE ZONE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE MOVES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY BLOWOUT SHELTER LESS LONELY BY DOING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

LA Noire is a great game that nerds were too dumb to appreciate the subtext of in its own time. heres an article about it:

https://kotaku.com/l-a-noires-ending-revisited-1818553078