Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

From the way the internet has talked about the Guarama section I expected a lot worse. The most annoying thing was only having one opportunity to manually save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Guarma ruled and controversial opinion but I would have loved if it was 5 missions longer with more poo poo to do there. I liked the revolutionary character you helped out, I hope he's doing well. It was a nice change of pace and made it feel so refreshing to get back to the US afterwards.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

What's the best/quickest way to get lots of animal fat?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Best spots for beaver and bison?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

There is an update. 1.03, 5.4gb

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i should have stayed home for rdo today :(

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

Ride along rivers and waterways with the varmint rifle and annihilate flocks of ducks/geese with dead eye

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Mystic Stylez posted:

Massacre a flock of geese I think.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

rap music posted:

i should have stayed home for rdo today :(

Yeah I'm sure day one will have no problems at all.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Republicans posted:

Funny thing about that quest line: I did it before Chapter 6 officially began and the last scene before you get that title card is you running into her with a john in a manner that was probably meant to be seen before you do those missions. I'd hate to think I gave her all that money to take her son somewhere else only for her to immediately go back to turning tricks in Annesburg.

I did the same thing and had the same thought process. I like that it works either way though, with very different meaning.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

The woman who he complains to about not having been good enough to marry into her family when she's giving him a mission? They have a pretty cut & dry conversation about it.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

it's still part of the experience that i'm missing out on

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only love interest my Arthur needs is the WORLD'S STRONGEST WOMAN

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

HAVE SOME GOD drat FAITH ARTHUR!

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

cubicle gangster posted:

The woman who he complains to about not having been good enough to marry into her family when she's giving him a mission? They have a pretty cut & dry conversation about it.

It specifically says second love interest. It's not Mary.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

lazerus06 posted:

HAVE SOME GOD drat FAITH ARTHUR!

I may identify with Arthur because i too was constantly called a doubting thomas by my father

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The horse you start off with is so bad lol

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Bardeh posted:

The horse you start off with is so bad lol

You can get rid of it in like 20 minutes once it goes open world if you go and get the white arabian in the mountains. Or get an any-color arabian at that spot north of St. Denis.

Unrelated edit: Whoever said that your bounty doesn't go up if you evade the law is full of poo poo. I did the last quest for (minor stranger quest spoiler) Charles Chatternay and you get in a fistfight with some dudes at the end of that. Of course, the game being how it is, I get reported for unarmed assault and get a $10 bounty. I get spotted by the law because I have to run past them to get away from where I am due to terrain limitations, they all start shooting, I eventually get away and despite not having done anything besides run away, my bounty is now $25, and I watched it go slowly up in $5 increments as I was fleeing by tapping down on the d-pad. I definitely did not touch anyone or anything and neither did my horse, so the only thing it could have been from was the fleeing itself. I've seen it go up before in similar circumstances, but this was the first one where I actually periodically checked both initial bounty and while fleeing and I am 100% certain that neither myself nor my horse did anything else.

It's not enough money to matter, but it definitely goes up.

ssb fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 27, 2018

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Best spots for beaver and bison?

Bison - Heartlands Overflow, near Emerald Ranch

Beaver - Either along Butcher Creek (near the trapper location close to Annesburg) or near the
Owanjila Dam (far west of the world map)

Turns out the O'Driscoll hideout at Six Point Cabin is good for lots of challenges. If you can sneak up to the cabin you can toss a stick of dynamite in for the "kill 4 people with one dynamite blast" challenge.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

A lot of you probably already know this, but I didn’t. Arthur originally had another love interest

https://www.google.com/amp/s/segmentnext.com/2018/10/15/5-hours-red-dead-redemption-2-plot/amp/

Any guesses who it was? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Charlotte.

This may be one of the most poorly written articles I've ever read.

On a side note, I looked up the other endings of the game and going back for the money is hands down the best one.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

shortspecialbus posted:

You can get rid of it in like 20 minutes once it goes open world if you go and get the white arabian in the mountains. Or get an any-color arabian at that spot north of St. Denis.

Unrelated edit: Whoever said that your bounty doesn't go up if you evade the law is full of poo poo. I did the last quest for (minor stranger quest spoiler) Charles Chatternay and you get in a fistfight with some dudes at the end of that. Of course, the game being how it is, I get reported for unarmed assault and get a $10 bounty. I get spotted by the law because I have to run past them to get away from where I am due to terrain limitations, they all start shooting, I eventually get away and despite not having done anything besides run away, my bounty is now $25, and I watched it go slowly up in $5 increments as I was fleeing by tapping down on the d-pad. I definitely did not touch anyone or anything and neither did my horse, so the only thing it could have been from was the fleeing itself. I've seen it go up before in similar circumstances, but this was the first one where I actually periodically checked both initial bounty and while fleeing and I am 100% certain that neither myself nor my horse did anything else.

It's not enough money to matter, but it definitely goes up.

Yeah, that was me and I've had it happen to me after I said it. What I think it is is that it might depend on whether you enter the line of sight of a lawman because I've had it both go up and *not* go up. The times it's not gone up I was pretty far away from the law.

(If it's a bounty you get from a mission, though, I've seen it go up to a large amount then be way less when the mission is over)

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, that was me and I've had it happen to me after I said it. What I think it is is that it might depend on whether you enter the line of sight of a lawman because I've had it both go up and *not* go up. The times it's not gone up I was pretty far away from the law.

(If it's a bounty you get from a mission, though, I've seen it go up to a large amount then be way less when the mission is over)

I think that's exactly it, you don't get evading arrest bounty unless they're trying to actually arrest (or murder) you.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I like the look of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs1Pz6r7aBU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

It looks like you may be able to actually make female characters that don't look preposterously hideous, so that's an improvement over GTA:O. It's hard to tell from the video, but everyone in general looks less grotesque, so I'm hopeful.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

thank god

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
On my second playthrough and I robbed my first train that wasn't attached to a story mission. Think I made out with $15-$20 worth of stuff and got a bounty of $200 or more? Most unrewarding thing I've ever done in the game I think, and I've been mauled by a cougar.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

You can adjust the style of your whistle. Goty

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The chats in camp with the woman who you basically confess your sins to are interesting. It's almost like the game is telling me how I should be playing it. I confessed to robbing people I didn't need to and beating up folks and she told me I just need to focus on doing the things I have to do. I took it as "be an rear end in a top hat in missions but when you're dicking around in the open world stop killing campers."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I wouldn't have to kill so many drat campers if they'd just stop threatening me when I mosey on over to say "hi"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

I wouldn't have to kill so many drat campers if they'd just stop threatening me when I mosey on over to say "hi"

if my firelight was intruded upon by a man wearing three-quarters of a bear and clanking with more weaponry than a civil war cavalry regiment i'd be a little skittish too

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Cool to see a whistle adjuster, disappointed there's no voices though. Also... dead-eye skill? How's that gonna work?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The chats in camp with the woman who you basically confess your sins to are interesting. It's almost like the game is telling me how I should be playing it. I confessed to robbing people I didn't need to and beating up folks and she told me I just need to focus on doing the things I have to do. I took it as "be an rear end in a top hat in missions but when you're dicking around in the open world stop killing campers."

I got the "killin poor animals for no reason" confession before I'd even gone on a hunting trip. I shouldn't be blamed for rabbits throwing themselves in front of my horse all the time!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Oxxidation posted:

if my firelight was intruded upon by a man wearing three-quarters of a bear and clanking with more weaponry than a civil war cavalry regiment i'd be a little skittish too

what if he said "Hey mister! :) " in a really chipper voice tho

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm sure this has already been answered but (ending spoilers)Can I do the stranger missions as John? If not I might just make a new game and try to do everything since I rushed the story

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
New patch! Couple of fixes. Apparently the gold bar glitch is now fixed, along with being able to find any horse at st denis. The Missouri foxtrotter recovers stamina on pats even near max now and not just when irritated.

I’m still testing to find out more glitches that were fixed so I’ll kee this edited.

Edit: it appears that the tapping on stamina is a bit better now, could just be me but it really feels that way

Reported missing campers have been fixed.

Arthur in new Austin glitch still works. Doesn’t surprise me, was only discovered recently Just tested it myself.

Looks like they also fixed the gold bag glitch as well
No more afk gold bags

Hatastrophe fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 27, 2018

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Nice, did they fix the missing campers bug?

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

Nice, did they fix the missing campers bug?

They did from what people are saying!

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Hatastrophe posted:

They did from what people are saying!

it would be incredibly helpful of rockstar to post something like patch notes

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

Tercio posted:

it would be incredibly helpful of rockstar to post something like patch notes

They did, but they’re vague as poo poo so I’m testing somebthings at the moment, like seeing whether or not I can still get Arthur into new Austin.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Over There posted:

I'm sure this has already been answered but (ending spoilers)Can I do the stranger missions as John? If not I might just make a new game and try to do everything since I rushed the story

You can still do most of them. The ones that are Arthur-only are Mary's chain, and then ones from chapter 6 that involve his change of perspective: Edith Downes, the Saint Dennis Priest & Nun, and I think the widow/Charlotte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Gruckles posted:

You can still do most of them. The ones that are Arthur-only are Mary's chain, and then ones from chapter 6 that involve his change of perspective: Edith Downes, the Saint Dennis Priest & Nun, and I think the widow/Charlotte.

okay thanks!