Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Hobold posted:

The fuckers are already half way there. What is going on.

The rollout of suckers 2.0 has been a great success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Beet Wagon posted:

love toggling my atmosphere from "we finally got it to kill you if you go outside in your underpants" to "thick comma breathable" and calling it a huge accomplishment
big fan of thick comma breathable underwear.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Okay, I know I do this a lot, but those noodle boxes in the goon-den wankpod loving killed me.

Those things are called oyster pails. They were patented in the year 1890. Originally designed for oysters, they were adopted by the Chinese restaurants of San Francisco and New York in the 1920s, and are now used by Chinese restaurants all over the world. They're iconic. They've had a good century-plus run.

:bang: I think in the next 830 years, starfaring humanity will come up with a more efficient package design :bang:

Also, every time I see the phrase "trolled and brigaded" I start singing "Guantanamera"---

Trolled and brigaded
I get so trolled and brigaded
Trolled and brigaaaaaaded
I am so trolled and brigaded

I am a fan of Chris Roberts
I give him thousands of dollars
I'll give him thousands more dollars
But those goons hurt my fee-fees
When they all troll and brigade me

Trolled and brigaded
, etc.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 28, 2018

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That Snickers Guy posted:

The echo chamber is now padded for extra comfort it seems.. The mods look like they are finally succumbing to the screams of bridging and goonfear.

Excellent. I love it when a plan comes together.

With nobody allowed to criticise or tell people they are being idiots, they will be free to theory craft the most insane ideas, which Chris will immediately jump on as being worthly of inclusion in the game. Except thrilling laundry gameplay coming in a patch soon!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

AlbieQuirky posted:

Okay, I know I do this a lot, but those noodle boxes in the goon-den wankpod loving killed me.

Those things are called oyster pails. They were patented in the year 1890. Originally designed for oysters, they were adopted by the Chinese restaurants of San Francisco and New York in the 1920s, and are now used by Chinese restaurants all over the world. They're iconic. They've had a good century-plus run.

:bang: I think in the next 830 years, starfaring humanity will come up with a more efficient package design :bang:

RobertsPunk pretty much rips off every stereotype and IP that ever existed.
It's a blend of WW2, sci fi, 70s cop shows and train simulator.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

some dude is streaming SC in front of about 1500 people

https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco

This, I suspect, will end well.

2000+ now.

"Man, it really takes forever to get out of the atmosphere"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Frog Act posted:

maybe this is a stupid question, but every time I watch one of these kinda videos the game has the appearance of an incredibly complicated real-life level fidelity simulator in terms of the recreation of the actual controls a pilot would use, and none of the crazy buttons or switches actually seem to get used? I watched them launch using the I guess steam catapult or whatever so I suppose that didn't need anything, but clicking through big parts of this they just seem to be using the joystick to move around and a few buttons here and there to register stuff. how much of that console is actually interactive?

In the more complete modules, maybe 90% of the buttons and switches are interactive. They tend to leave out some that aren't or can't be simulated for one reason or another (commonly things like IFF, radio encryption, and ECM/ECCM because it's all supadupasikkrit black-box magic stuff).

But even then, yes, most of it you will never see being clicked in these videos because… well… you just don't. The switches are there to turn systems on at the start of a flight, off at the end, or possibly to actuate back-up systems should you happen to only half-blow up at some point inbetween. You'll often have a large panel of switches for emergency hydraulics and back-up flight controls if you get shot up in the wrong way, and the margin between needing to use those and just exploding is so narrow that they're almost exclusively used for special emergency-procedures training missions.

Beyond that, HOTAS is a thing that exists for a reason. You want to have your hands on your throttle and stick at all times, and have all the regular and most immediately necessary flight (and fight) controls be available right there, so there's never any need to CRobber your arms around the cockpit. In some more modern aircraft where MFD:s start to take more and more space, those will be the next thing you'll interact with, often to manipulate and switch between different sensors, but even then, you'll be able to do the most common manipulations via the HOTAS — things like flipping through the pages, altering sensor modes, moving cursors around and the like. If you want to set up launch options of a weapon, you might actually have to start poking the MFD:s themselves, but again, that's really something you just set up once and then leave alone. In addition, there might be some sort of data entry panel which, again, would either only be used as a step in the starting setup, or maybe be used in calmer moments because you figure half-way between here and there that you want to do some really ill-advised flying and want to lower the altitude warning level to 5m off the deck for some reason…

Hav posted:

Someone else torqued their p-51 over on their first take-off? Good, not just me then.

I think it's mandatory — they'll come and fine you if you don't. Also, the P-51 is a trivial and well-behaved little toy compared to the Bf 109…

Tippis fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 28, 2018

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

some dude is streaming SC in front of about 1500 people

This, I suspect, will end well.

Chocotaco is actually a really good FPS player. They must have given him a stack of cash to play this crud.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Lladre posted:

Chocotaco is actually a really good FPS player. They must have given him a stack of cash to play this crud.

He's part of TSM isn't he?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jeez, they are really in favour of it taking hours or days to reach other star systems?

Do they not have lives? No, wait, don't answer that.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MedicineHut posted:

Hah! You are not Jesus Christ! I know who you are, you are a loving Elite cultist!

And who is to say Jesus isn't a loving Elite cultist?

Checkmate goonie!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Heh, he went into QT. The other guys's game crashed when he stopped trying to hail choco. Choco took a break while QTing, literally just walked away from his comp.

Suppose QT is good for answering the calls of nature.

Choco can still see the guy flying the ship, even though he has respawned somewhere else.

The other guy who isn't there stood up in the main chair and started flapping his arms.

No indicator on how long QT remains.... he finally got there.

One of the viewers recommend Choco not try and do missions because they won't work, but instead go look at the new areas CIG have added.... yes, don't play the game, just go look at the scenery.

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 28, 2018

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He quit because he died again for no reason.

"We almost did a mission... in 4-5 hours"

Brilliant.

"It was bad man. Maybe in 5 years"

"Even if it just had the content it has, but worked, it would be really fun"

Stream comments quite negative, they are having a go at the shill.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Lladre posted:

Just before i stopped watching, he said something along the lines of "I'm enjoying this, but I wouldn't be having fun on my own" and "I don't know that I'd recommend it. Try it while it's free, but I wouldn't pay for it. It's just not finished" which seem like interesting remarks for someone being paid to play. He also said "I feel like this could be a good game, it needs another five years" which is pretty grest when they already had 7.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So hey I figured out how to get through the No-Fly zone at Lorevill if anyone wants to grief the poo poo out of people.

Turns out the barrier is server-side. Disconnect your internet, fly through real quick to the little deck for the habitation area or the ship dealership, reconnect your internet. Do it fast enough and you won't get booted, and you'll legit be able to fly around the "City" part shooting people. Good times.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
LOL, the shill is still at it:

"Your friend probably threw a grenade. Ships don't blow up for no reason"

Choco is already loading a new game and the shill can't give it up.

And still going on and on

"they shot the cutlas before and played around with guns. then they may have blown a hole, drained oxygen and maybe he had no helmet on"

Fidelity!

LOL, Choco just called the shill delusional. :D

Said its not a good game for streaming and if he's going to die without reason and without being told why he's died, he's not going to play it.

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 28, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sarsapariller posted:

So hey I figured out how to get through the No-Fly zone at Lorevill if anyone wants to grief the poo poo out of people.

Turns out the barrier is server-side. Disconnect your internet, fly through real quick to the little deck for the habitation area or the ship dealership, reconnect your internet. Do it fast enough and you won't get booted, and you'll legit be able to fly around the "City" part shooting people. Good times.

Actually it's still a no fire zone so you have to ram them. Hard work.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Agony Aunt posted:

"Your friend probably threw a grenade. Ships don't blow up for no reason"

that's the kind of unshakable faith that keeps a man a 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇 𝒞𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓏𝑒𝓃

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

:bravo: CIG

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

AlbieQuirky posted:

Also, every time I see the phrase "trolled and brigaded" I start singing "Guantanamera"---

Trolled and brigaded
I get so trolled and brigaded
Trolled and brigaaaaaaded
I am so trolled and brigaded

I give him thousands of dollars
I'll give him thousands more dollars
But those goons hurt my fee-fees
When they all troll and brigade me

Trolled and brigaded
, etc.

Twenty twenty twenty four goonie downvooootes
I'm gonna be brigaded
No game to play nowhere to go-hooo
I'm gonna be brigaded

Just put me onto reddit
Where I exalt my game
Hurry hurry hurry so I can be insane
I can't control my fingers, I do not have a brain oh no oh ho oo ho

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

This is the deck outside the player spawn room

Local hospital

Further proof- working chat too

No clips of me ramming people yet, they're nimble fuckers

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Lladre posted:

Honestly, that would be a smart marketing idea. If the game worked half-decently.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

Elderbean posted:

Star Citizen is like a real life parody of capitalism.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Did chocotaco announce his new streaming PC courtesy of some guy named Chris Croberts?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

My apologies if this has been posted already:

https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralGoldenHorseradishTooSpicy?tt_medium=clips&tt_content=recommendation

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Hav posted:

I’m moist about upcoming outback pilot game ‘deadstick’, because it’s quite lo-fi. I have no interest in passenger jets, and actually prefer helos.

A flight model gives you stuff like this;
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kgmCnyhfaI

The Stuge is pretty good at the planes, though.

Really looking forward to Deadstick :v:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/8VDDW0O.gifv

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Grubby Hobo posted:

I've been here for a mere blip in the history of the thread, and nonetheless I felt your absence, and am happy to welcome you back. Welcome back, woodworker dude with disturbing avatar!

I appreciate that. I lost my Lucky Boy to cancer and it took me a while to work through the worst of losing him. He made it to his 16th birthday before we had to say goodbye.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

ROFL the women thing kills me. So I have to share a discussion I had with some guy who pulled the "all women blah blah I can't get laid" card.

So some may have noticed I'm pretty raw, I rock the same way in person. So after he's done his speech, I just look at the guy dead in the face and say "Dude, you can't get laid because you're loving repulsive."

So I get this bug-eyed stare and I hear the stammering start, that stammering all mouthy nerd-types engage in when they're actually directly confronted in person. I work to clarify:

"I didn't say you were ugly. I said you were loving repulsive. The majority of women, by default, are attracted to men. They come that way factory set. You are a man. The world has literally tipped the scales in your advantage. Everything has been set by nature to favor your goal to "hook up" or whatever, and you still can't. Not only are you a loving miserable repulsive prick, but you're so much of one that you're overcoming nature's built-in advantage with the raw power of being a goddamned miserable piece of poo poo that nobody wants to be around or listen to. There are old ugly toothless men getting laid in some third-world country right now because unlike you they're not assholes. Stow your poo poo and act like a loving person for 10 seconds. I'm ugly AND I'm an rear end in a top hat and I haven't had a dry spell since I was 17. Figure out how we're different, and fix it. Jesus gently caress."

I'm not gonna say that ended with him finding a date or whatever, because it didn't, but I'm pretty sure I was the topic of two Youtube rants that he posted during the following week.

I never asked how much he was in for.

I think I enjoyed this post more than I should have.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

DapperDon posted:

I appreciate that. I lost my Lucky Boy to cancer and it took me a while to work through the worst of losing him. He made it to his 16th birthday before we had to say goodbye.

You have all my sympathy friend. It is very hard to get over the loss of your best friend. I've gotta say that i'm shedding some tears myself reading your post.

Amazing Zimmo fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 28, 2018

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Hi, Im just reading my new book that Christ Roberts has sent me:

Its a book about a video game :kiddo:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

Turns out the barrier is server-side.

They are just so incredibly incompetent that they fail at both server and client-side implementations.

Please re-test that poo poo, because that means that they have a server-side check that triggers a client-side self-destruct which is them transmitted to the server. In other words, your ship assploding is client-side, lol.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 28, 2018

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'm the laser pistol with the slide... Must be one of those automatic laser pistols, as opposed to a laser revolver where you load the laser cartridges into a laser cylinder which laser turns when you laser pull the laser trigger.

Hey, citizens. I know you're reading this. How much more evidence do you need that CIG are a bunch of lazy oval office hacks? Jesus loving Christ you dense twats.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

DapperDon posted:

I'm so sorry for you. He looks like a great dog who was given a great life.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Named for the legendary shield wielded by Greece's most intelligent goddess, Aegis specializes in legendary jpegs sold to Germany's most gullible auditors.

:perfect:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Is Sandi on fire? I didn't know witch burning was legal in the US

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Bofast posted:

Is Sandi on fire? I didn't know witch burning was legal in the US

It's a metaphor for what happens to backer money. They're simultaneously turned into designer clothes and burned

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mangoose posted:

It's a metaphor for what happens to backer money. They're simultaneously turned into designer clothes and burned

Deep, friend

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

trucutru posted:

They are just so incredibly incompetent that they fail at both server and client-side implementations.

Please re-test that poo poo, because that means that they have a server-side check that triggers a client-side self-destruct which is them transmitted to the server. In other words, your ship assploding is client-side, lol.

But trusting the client is a completely normal thing to do in multiplayer games. You don't understand games development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon posted:

Sorry for your loss dude - it sucks to lose a pet :sympathy: