Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

If you go with the flow on that second one, you'll be living up to what you said in that first one.

Don't just not silent assassin everything, have some very very loud guns and explosives runs.

They are superbly fun ways to play this game.

Sometimes it's not about killing everyone, it's about leaving enough guards to clean up afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Just tried the Corky Commotion tonight, and man is that some goofy fun. But on my first attempt of the final escalation, I was doing so good and had like 6 guards already but I got caught by some glitterati lady who stumbled across me standing over a knocked-out guy in the gift shop. Then it cascaded to the event hostess, so I knocked both of them out and shot the curious guard who came in before he could fully comprehend what was happening. Had to shoot the two ladies but I made a totally clean getaway with no witnesses.

Then yet another selfie lady saw me pop that balloon in the main statue garden area and it was all over. Still pretty fun to lure and bait guards around as Corky with a bat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Gaz-L posted:

It's also very easy to head across the way, duck into the attic area and sidle around to the bathroom window. to sneak in behind her. (If you turn to the right as soon as you go through the door, you won't be visible long enough to register on anyone's radar.)

On master difficulty, there is a guard standing in the first window in the bathroom. Jumping through the window in the attic will give a trespassing notification but it goes away and you can take him down. I like to wait until she finishes her phone call and then shoot her or use the garrote. Good luck calling back, Ezra.

Also, it's weird that her bathroom has two big open windows into the fashion show. I guess the loud music is to cover up her monster shits. There should be a challenge for 47 to eat some bad shrimp, make it all the way up to that bathroom, and then clear out the fashion show.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

if you uninstall the legacy missions you still keep the items you unlocked from them right?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also lol I'd planned out a great revenge contract while trying to get past the guards in the recording studio for bangkok and then it turns out they're not even there on normal mode. Foiled again :argh:

it was going to be: kill the guy on the lower floor by himself somehow, probably a fall, kill the guy who wanders around near the staircase with poison so his body can be found while the guards are in the bathroom, then grab his screwdriver and kill a guard with it, then kill the other guard with a fall via lures, then kill the guy who fiddles with the power outlet via drowning with emetic; suit only no pacification. You could even save on complication by somehow managing to snag a screwdriver suit only. But on normal the two guards who cycle into the bathroom aren't there and the screwdriver is on the floor instead of being carried :smith:

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 28, 2018

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Sometimes it's not about killing everyone, it's about leaving enough guards to clean up afterwards

Beautiful! I gotta get into that.

Remember to hit that Alt F2 for truly going too deep into it

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

Any automatic, any shotgun, any sniper rifle, and the Striker. Some doors refuse to budge to bullets, like the one at the end of the left hallway from the Kronstadt Center lobby.

so i can't use the silverballer to shoot doors open? but something like the ICA19 F/A stealth would do the job?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

There are definitely weak wooden doors that will open with any gun, some you have to dump like a full magazine into though. Some might be resistant to the basic pistols, there are plenty of metal doors that can be opened with heavy weapons but not basic pistols.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Which disguise does 47 have the most fun as? Helmut loving Kruger, Sheikh Zanzibar, or the coal baron?

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Funky Valentine posted:

Which disguise does 47 have the most fun as? Helmut loving Kruger, Sheikh Zanzibar, or the coal baron?

47 is feeling it on that catwalk.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Btw is there anything terribly difficult about the et if you grab the picture, scan it into the android, and wait? seems like an easy SA also is it still buggy with rewards?

Aug 24, 2011

so we have silverballer and silverballer mark 2

which technically means we have 2 silverballers now

wearing the requiem suit and bringing both ballers should let you blend in janus' casket imo

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Nakar posted:

What Dalia does after that is go into her bathroom and call Ezra Berg asking for info on you. She won't invite you anywhere, but she will isolate herself.

How do you find this out, btw? Do you need to have another disguised geared up to follow her into her room?

Aug 24, 2011

is it necessary to adjust the kashmirian's scope to get the kill on rangan using the painter opportunity?

e: ok this is interesting, if you start in the Chawls on mumbai the kashamirian's laptop dongle spawns next to you. if you then go and use his laptop diana acts as though you've already taken out the kashmirian

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 28, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm trying to get the "Permanent Break" Challenge in Paris, but it's either bugged or badly explained. I get the dongle, have Delia check the computer and break her neck either during the process or just after. Do I have to avoid being seen or something?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Btw is there anything terribly difficult about the et if you grab the picture, scan it into the android, and wait? seems like an easy SA also is it still buggy with rewards?

the android does not have very good aim

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm trying to get the "Permanent Break" Challenge in Paris, but it's either bugged or badly explained. I get the dongle, have Delia check the computer and break her neck either during the process or just after. Do I have to avoid being seen or something?

I did it today and was seen (I slapped Dahlia's bodyguard with a fish, and then her). This is an unsatisfying answer, but maybe it's bugged and you need to try again?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Having not touched Hitman 1 (gently caress I haven't played hitman since Blood Money despite having bought Absolution on sale) should I just go straight into Hitman 2 or should I get 1 as well (or even watch the story/playthroughs)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Nakar posted:

It isn't on a specific timer; I think if you get close enough to the hill area it will go up eventually. It's probably related to whether the woman begins to have her conversation with the guard outside, as she will eventually go tell the flag guards to raise it once that script kicks in. I've had it go off despite not being that close to the hill (but starting somewhere kinda near it) after fewer than ten minutes.

There is some kind of bug I've heard about where loading a save can cause the race to prematurely end. That could be what you're encountering. Outside of that, the following things will prematurely end the race (instead of it ending on its own in about 14-15 minutes):
  • Killing either of Moses Lee or Sierra Knox by shooting their car will either end the race or cause it to go into its final lap more quickly.
  • Killing 5-6 drivers in general via crashes from damaging their cars will end the race. This gets the "Red Flag" challenge as well.
  • Disqualifying either of Knox or Lee from the flag platforms as a Race Marshal will end the race instantly.
  • Putting sugar in either Knox or Lee's gas tank as a pit crew mechanic will end the race instantly. I've found the other cars keep going, but Knox and Lee definitely come off the track at that point.
  • Progressing the blackmail Mission Story by either giving the keys to the flamingo blackmailer or taking the keys and stealing the blackmail documents yourself will cause the race to enter its final lap within the next 2 minutes or so and end another minute or two afterward. It's timed such that Sierra will arrive at the hotel about 5-6 minutes later, a couple minutes after the flamingo arrives.
  • Progressing the medical checkup Mission Story will also cause the race to enter its final lap and end within 4-5 minutes. Usually Sierra will be off the track 1-2 minutes after you reach the point where you can call her on the radio.
  • I haven't tested whether extreme violence ends the race prematurely, but I did go on a Striker rampage and the cars kept rolling so I presume not? Maybe if you set off a lot of explosions on the track itself.
If you did any of these things even accidentally there's a strong chance you've triggered an early end to the race. Anything else is probably a bug of some sort, especially post-save. Certain events aren't working properly from a save load, like the sauna in Hokkaido.

EDIT: Also to be clear on the race outcome, Sierra will only do certain things she's scripted to do if she doesn't win, which will cause her to go to the podium first. Under normal circumstances, Moses Lee always wins the race. Sierra wins only if Lee crashes, if you sabotage Lee's car, or if you disqualify him. For post-race opportunities not involving the podium, you always want Sierra to lose so she has nothing better to do.

You forget one: there is a laptop dongle that will shut down the race immediately. It is carried by the director of the racing event, whose office is above the sotteraneo garage. You use the dongle in the office just to the south of the security booth, above the kronstadt garage

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Having not touched Hitman 1 (gently caress I haven't played hitman since Blood Money despite having bought Absolution on sale) should I just go straight into Hitman 2 or should I get 1 as well (or even watch the story/playthroughs)

Hitman 1 is still absolutely worth buying, especially now it's cheap. Don't bother installing the Hitman 1 client though, just install Hitman 2 (or it's demo) and the Hitman 1 content will be available if you own it.

That way the H1 levels are enhanced with the gameplay improvements from H2 and your H1 unlocks will carry forward to the H2 levels when you get to them.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

The Narrator posted:

I did it today and was seen (I slapped Dahlia's bodyguard with a fish, and then her). This is an unsatisfying answer, but maybe it's bugged and you need to try again?

Slapping people with a fish is never unsatisfying.

Did you kill Dahlia after she had stopped tinkering with the laptop?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I never got how the laptop opportunity in Paris is supposed to work, if only because Dahlia's bodyguard is staring right at her the entire time.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

Any automatic, any shotgun, any sniper rifle, and the Striker. Some doors refuse to budge to bullets, like the one at the end of the left hallway from the Kronstadt Center lobby.
Obviously that was the door I was trying to open. :v:

I did get it to open with one of the assault rifles but it was kind of janky - sometimes a single round would open it, sometimes it took a full clip (and if so much as a single round was fired into the stairwell after the door opened, all the guards in the car park below would go into permanent alert).

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
A lot of those challenges require you to take out the targets entourage first. Her bodyguard is pretty easy to deal with from distractions in her bathroom, for example.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Woo sa for the target down. :toot:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Alan Smithee posted:

2 is basically just more levels for 1. Same engine, same story, same gameplay. If I were in your position I'd buy 1 on a deep discount and by the time you're finished with all those 2 may be on some sort of slightly reduced price.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

2 is basically just more levels for 1. Same engine, same story, same gameplay. If I were in your position I'd buy 1 on a deep discount and by the time you're finished with all those 2 may be on some sort of slightly reduced price.

Counterpoint, 2 is megacheap already and worth every cent. 1 upgrades dont carry into 2 so if you load 2 youll have to redo everything in 1

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

hey nakar, is there a way to know in advance if a bodyguard will say "a weapon, let me pick that up and leave my boss for a bit, I'm sure they're fine" or whether they'll call in someone else to do it for them?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Counterpoint, 2 is megacheap already and worth every cent. 1 upgrades dont carry into 2 so if you load 2 youll have to redo everything in 1

Counter-counterpoint, if you buy Hitman 1 and then just download the demo of Hitman 2 you can play all the levels with Hitman 2's upgrades, and the stuff will carry over when you buy Hitman 2.

But still like... just buy Hitman 2. Then buy the Hitman 1 legacy pack.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

But still like... just buy Hitman 2. Then buy the Hitman 1 legacy pack.

yeah this, just buy Hitman 2+Legacy Pack, together it's like around 50 bux right now and that's a dozen maps with so much content.

Finished Whittleton Creek last night albeit messily. The chief guard guy had me under suspicion so I had to just shoot him in the face in a bathroom, and the old man spotting a body in another bathroom where I choked out a guard got him a screwdriver death prematurely. I did like the "find clues" side gig though; it could have easily become a ho-hum forced endeavor but the fact that you can complete one of 3 solutions keeps it fun. I'm kind of blazing my way to the ending so I still have so much more to play with in terms of all 6 maps when I'm done.

I agree with others that have said Colombia feels like the weak leg in this set, mainly because it feels a bit more empty and the 3 targets are all so far between (at least in Colorado all 4 were pretty much in the same space) though I'm guessing I can use the space to my advantage and get more murderous about future runs. It seems like the map was made for more aggressive play since once you are done with a primary area (caves, mansion, further compound) you probably won't be crossing into that space again, unlike some of the other maps.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

How is $60 mega cheap?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

How is $60 mega cheap?

It was $30 on cyber monday, i got my pc version off fanatical for 45 a week ago

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

where the red fern gropes posted:

so i can't use the silverballer to shoot doors open? but something like the ICA19 F/A stealth would do the job?
Or the Dax Covert, yep.

double nine posted:

hey nakar, is there a way to know in advance if a bodyguard will say "a weapon, let me pick that up and leave my boss for a bit, I'm sure they're fine" or whether they'll call in someone else to do it for them?
Only main target bodyguards call in, and inconsistently; Novikov's will, but Robert Knox's will not. I have seen some guys do it in 2 but can't trace exactly how it works. There's no visual indicator at least.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Cojawfee posted:

Also, it's weird that her bathroom has two big open windows into the fashion show. I guess the loud music is to cover up her monster shits. There should be a challenge for 47 to eat some bad shrimp, make it all the way up to that bathroom, and then clear out the fashion show.

I didn't notice until like 2 months ago, but the fashion show is actually taking place in a central open plaza; it's all being covered by the stage, and the "roof" is basically a big tarp.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 28, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Counter-counterpoint, if you buy Hitman 1 and then just download the demo of Hitman 2 you can play all the levels with Hitman 2's upgrades, and the stuff will carry over when you buy Hitman 2.

This.

It's a crime that this option isn't more advertised.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I wish Hitman had that splinter cell thing where you could crawl upside down along ceiling pipes and the like, being able to hang down and snipe at people. Vertical movement adds so much to this game, and that seems like a relatively simple way for them to implement it.

And it's not like 47 couldn't physically do it. Dude can hang indefinitely from a ledge with only the upper joints of his fingers. Every time I see him do that I just cringe at how painful that must be.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
That's the kind of wishful thinking that only happens after failing SOSA attempts. What happened in yours?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Xanderkish posted:

And it's not like 47 couldn't physically do it. Dude can hang indefinitely from a ledge with only the upper joints of his fingers. Every time I see him do that I just cringe at how painful that must be.
I don't usually care much about that, but I do question doing it at Hokkaido on those icy ledges.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Zigmidge posted:

That's the kind of wishful thinking that only happens after failing SOSA attempts. What happened in yours?

Actually nothing. Just thought it would be cool, and I love finding ways to play with the maps.

Another thing I'd like to see would be basically like the RFID bomb, but the trigger and the bomb are separate.

Basically, target gets the RFID, you set the trigger up, say, right in front of a chandelier, and the bomb is set up at the winch. So the target trips the trigger, the bomb explodes, and the chandelier comes crashing down, all while 47 is on the other end of the map.

Xanderkish fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Here's something that bothers me:

47 is in perfect physical condition. He has immaculate musculature. Why doesn't he have a nice butt?