Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
From GBF experience, will the rate-ups carry over to the cash-grab-summon? 5* dragon is tempting, but not if there's a 50% chance it'll be Garuda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
From GBF, yes that's how it works.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Xainfried dupe. I regret everything.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
i warned y'all

also at least you're not this guy

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I was thinking I was going to pull for Adventurer and Dragon, but I forgot this is Japanese gacha and a single tenfold costs loving $32 (unless you buy the featured ones weekly, then you can get it for $20, but it takes at least 5 weeks; if you buy them all, every 3 weeks for $21), and of course none of the packages add up to nice even multiples of the target draws. Looks like I could get 3009 diamantium for $57 (though I have a $10 credit for any purchase over $30 on Google Play)

Or I can buy NieR:Automata, Endless Space 2 Complete, and Donut County for $60.

I'd buy regularly if tenfolds were $5. I think I've done this same post for FFBE and FFRK.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Bought the Ingot pack and got a dupe... Auspex's Prayer. As well as a dupe...Agni. And a Hawk, non-dupe. Overall success.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I figured I’d buy the pack that comes with a 5-star ticket and give it a shot. Got Nefaria and Mikoto, both of which were duplicates.

Back to free playing.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Got Nefaria so I’m happy, outside of the game telling me to focus bows again.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So glad I'm f2p.

Did another 10 pull this morning. 1/10 Roc. My 3rd. Okay not worthless but can I PLEASE get another wind character before the event ends?!?!?!?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you will only get wind character if u pay the money

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if clocks is any indication then paying money doesn't work

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

if clocks is any indication then paying money doesn't work

:negative:

For anyone curious, I got a dupe Nefaria.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I rolled for the 5* Adventurer, see the Wand drop, thinking "oh poo poo, Maribelle!"

I got Lily instead....which I don't think is that bad?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Lily is great and one of the best units in the game, Maribelle is just so ridiculous that it makes her better

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 23, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Futaba Anzu posted:

you will only get wind character if u pay the money

Joke's on you!

I grinded through hard story mode as far as I could go and sat through a ton of character stories to scrounge up the wyrmite for my last pull of the event and I am overjoyed.

All my elements are now solid and I can just save up wyrmite for whatever I want in the future.

I'm so happy right now. :neckbeard:

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
Was a little worried to do the platinum character summon since I already had three (Ezelith, Julietta, and Naveed), but I somehow got Nefaria! My dark team really needed a 5* for the upcoming light raid--at least, it looks like it will be a light raid--and I always thought she looked cool even if blind is a dud effect especially compared to Eleonora's poison debuff. Now I have to decide whether to 5* Cleo, 4* either Vice or Rodrigo or both, and just keep on crafting weapons.

Has anyone been doing HMS? I'm close to the might requirement to access it, although my Xania will probably need a 5* wand and Phoenix before I would actually be acceptable to any team I join, but I'm interested in hearing how it feels like to play since it's our current end-game content.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pine Bamboo Plum posted:

Was a little worried to do the platinum character summon since I already had three (Ezelith, Julietta, and Naveed), but I somehow got Nefaria! My dark team really needed a 5* for the upcoming light raid--at least, it looks like it will be a light raid--and I always thought she looked cool even if blind is a dud effect especially compared to Eleonora's poison debuff. Now I have to decide whether to 5* Cleo, 4* either Vice or Rodrigo or both, and just keep on crafting weapons.

Has anyone been doing HMS? I'm close to the might requirement to access it, although my Xania will probably need a 5* wand and Phoenix before I would actually be acceptable to any team I join, but I'm interested in hearing how it feels like to play since it's our current end-game content.

nefaria doesn't really come close to being anywhere near best dark unit in anything other than waifu tier which she's very strong in. but the blind res is very useful in light io at the least, i don't really understand why you compare her to eleonora's poison res when they're in completely different element classes tho

e: xania is fire's best ranged dps but she's really not too hot at hms since she has poo poo defense so it's not a "probably," you need a mub phoenix and 5 star elemental to reasonably clear the hp check + then you're running phoenix on a dps unit in a very dps dependent fight.

ee: but then again hms is a highly choreographed fight where almost the entire 5 minute fight is predetermined besides 2-3 random auto attacks it might pull out so if you're good at following mmo style rotations it'll be fine

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 24, 2018

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It plays like a FFXIV raid, but I haven't tried it myself yet. There's a HP check right at the beginning so maybe check other resources to find out how much hp/def you need to survive that first attack which is unavoidable. But otherwise, avoid the AOEs, but also learn to stack for a specific attack which will have an indicator which should be familiar to anyone who's played FFXIV.

Here's a clear video if you're curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PmY5RdGlEk

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Allarion posted:

It plays like a FFXIV raid, but I haven't tried it myself yet. There's a HP check right at the beginning so maybe check other resources to find out how much hp/def you need to survive that first attack which is unavoidable. But otherwise, avoid the AOEs, but also learn to stack for a specific attack which will have an indicator which should be familiar to anyone who's played FFXIV.

Here's a clear video if you're curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PmY5RdGlEk

here's a calculator to see what you need to survive the hp check
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uyx9MRDeE4SnupOtQm2wm2rB2i2aXtMSHdGC908vpGg/

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Got my first two clears today with Vanessa, promo'd to 5*, 5* ele axe 0UB, MUB-100 WP, MUB-100 Pele, 30/30 altars, 17/17 dojos, puts me barely around the min-ish HP/STR thresholds. Took a long time to get the mats for the weapon. On the plus side, should be able to pretty easily make my next 5*ele weapon because I have a bunch of every other tablet.

Fight itself is pretty neat. As Vanessa you're mostly semi-tanking and pointing the boss away from the real damage-dealers and the healer while trying to keep it in the center. I'm sure I'm not using skills / force strikes anywhere near optimally. Still need to rely on the boss pattern cheat sheet. Another plus is the first clear was deathless, so now the only wyrmite left is character stories.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I finally got 1mil gales and cleaned out most of the treasure trade. I'm so glad to be done grinding raids for a while.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
So uh it looks like next event may be dark enemies again instead of it being a light themed event and going through the rotation. Which sucks cause I've been farming dark scales and dark orbs the last week after I got what I wanted from the current event.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Where are you seeing that?

Also, more updates, bug-fixes, etc.

edit: never mind I saw the event preview ingame.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 26, 2018

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
The new dragon is the best one so far though :3:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

PringleCreamEgg posted:

So uh it looks like next event may be dark enemies again instead of it being a light themed event and going through the rotation. Which sucks cause I've been farming dark scales and dark orbs the last week after I got what I wanted from the current event.

Ugh that's dumb. I did the same thing.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
The day after the event ends and I pull Louise from the daily summon.

I did pretty well with Hawk, but the bog resist would've been nice.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Grats. I have Nef Nef Hawk Hawk and they're all useless and half of them are soylent!

I'm guessing Lucretia will be a 5* wand. (At least it's not a little kid this time!) Or they could do the Louise/Hawk thing where they make her a healer like Hildegarde (but why?).

Elias, the free light unit we're getting, is a bow user. Get your bows ready.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So they're already obsoleting Luca? LOL

I still never maxed out Halysanne or Halthemia so I'll be using them and probably Amane.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If those who have beaten Chapter 6, are you still playing the game?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

story is like 25% of t he content so yes

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

No, but not because of the story.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah, I've been playing pretty much daily in varying amounts.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
You wanna finish chapter 6 anyways to unlock onslaught for endless weapon mats and dojos

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Yeah, fully completed story mode in both difficulties, but I still play through all the daily stuff and events. I mean, there are numbers to make bigger.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

TVs Ian posted:

Yeah, fully completed story mode in both difficulties, but I still play through all the daily stuff and events. I mean, there are numbers to make bigger.

:same:

I'm grinding dark and light dragon trials mostly. I need to power up my dark nerds so that they can power up my light nerds and vice versa.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Featured lady from the new banner is a wand user. I think I may skip this banner altogether and save my wyrmite/free 10 summon for whatever the next one is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
kleinmann rate up please

lucretia looks kinda fun imo, even though I have no idea what energy levels are

holy crap that dragon

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 29, 2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TV Zombie posted:

The game doesn't even start until you beat Chapter 6 but I'm not playing the game anymore because the gameplay loop isn't fun for me anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Did they make any mention of giving free 3* ele weapons again?