Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a handicap match fair?
This poll is closed.
Yes it's fine for faces to have a numbers advantage. 4 2.94%
No it is wrong for heels to have a numbers advantage. 8 5.88%
What is the point? 46 33.82%
BECKY IS BACK ON SMACKDOWN TOMORROW! 78 57.35%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
'AoP' is just a meaningless sequence of three letters unless it's short for Authors of Pain. So of course now they're just AoP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The P stands for Urination.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
aop is stored in the balls

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I can see Vince going on a tirade about how only nerds read.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
aop tape is real

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Imagine if WWE told AoPee before their debut; "by the way, we're replacing your Road Warriors mouthpiece with a tiny man that pisses himself...

... After we keep you off TV for half the year."

I don't watch 205, is Maverick a piss boy on there as well? Or more importantly, are AoPee his enforcers that beat up cruiserweights?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AoP piss gimmick will save the company

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sorry to move away from little man does wee wee because senile man found humour in the letter P chat.

Also sorry if this is old news and/or has been discussed a long time ago.

But did they ever give us a conclusion/explanation to Aiden English's "Toledo" stuff when he broke up with Rusev? I remember him doing stuff threatening to reveal something, probably that he hosed Lana, and Rusev getting mad about it, then suddenly RuRu and Lana are completely on the same page and nothing further is said about it.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

You're assuming a lot of this company, coming up with logical conclusions/explanations, when they could have the little man do the wee wee.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It was confirmed in some video that he was lying and Lana turned him down

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry to move away from little man does wee wee because senile man found humour in the letter P chat.

But did they ever give us a conclusion/explanation to Aiden English's "Toledo" stuff when he broke up with Rusev? I remember him doing stuff threatening to reveal something, probably that he hosed Lana, and Rusev getting mad about it, then suddenly RuRu and Lana are completely on the same page and nothing further is said about it.

And a follow up: Has English been seen since he split from Rusev?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Endings are hard to write so just have people piss themselves instead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CobiWann posted:

So it's pretty much official? The Authors of Pain are now simply know as AoP? Or, to Vince, AoPee?

For all the things WWE does that disappoint me (business practices, writing, booking, camera work), it's the name
changes that for some reason really pisstick me off.

Adrian Neville. Big Colin Cassidy. Antonio Cesaro.

It just feels like part of the WWE's method of taking something unique and making it "theirs" as part of their "brand, not wrestlersuperstar" method.

I have no idea what WWE's reasoning is, but I will tell you that I've talked to several friends who aren't wrestling fans who think it's absolutely hilarious that so many wrestlers have fake names that are just totally normal names.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Don’t talk to your irl friends about wrestling it’s guaranteed to make you look like a goonlord

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Don’t talk to your irl friends about wrestling it’s guaranteed to make you look like a goonlord

That ship has sailed, bud

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

You must be true to yourself and be open about your likes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

You must be true to yourself and be open about your likes.
never

“Hey guys I watched some fake wrestling and then talked to my dog in a really high pitched voice for like half an hour, just a normal human evening”

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Davros1 posted:

And a follow up: Has English been seen since he split from Rusev?

Remember when Rusev and Aiden were massively over then they were split up and now neither of them have been on TV in weeks?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

never

“Hey guys I watched some fake wrestling and then talked to my dog in a really high pitched voice for like half an hour, just a normal human evening”

I'd hang out with you and your dog.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Low Desert Punk posted:

aop tape is real

R. Kelly confirmed for WM musical act next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eafRE74JGZ8

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bradzilla posted:

Remember when Rusev and Aiden were massively over then they were split up and now neither of them have been on TV in weeks?

i just saw rusev job to another jobber two days ago!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

Part of the WWE’s working agreements originally offered and agreed to [with the UK companies] were that WWE would have the right for the next several years, if they choose, to purchase the companies for an agreed upon price (high six figures in at least some cases) and then shut them down so they would no longer compete “with themselves” with the idea that would take place when they were running full-time schedules in those markets.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

bradzilla posted:

Aiden was Khashoggi'd backstage.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

BrigadierSensible posted:

Aiden's master plan was to blackmail Lana with a video that totally exonerated her. And Lana panicked over this for weeks instead of just saying "lol go ahead and play it, dork."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I have no idea what WWE's reasoning is, but I will tell you that I've talked to several friends who aren't wrestling fans who think it's absolutely hilarious that so many wrestlers have fake names that are just totally normal names.

It's for trademarks. They can't trademark someone's actual name but they can trademark a stage name.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

It's for trademarks. They can't trademark someone's actual name but they can trademark a stage name.

Right, but then they could at least give people nicknames or more interesting names. Some of these guys have stage names less interesting than their real names.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This one's for J-Ru, just in case you haven't seen this part of the latest Botchamania.

https://youtu.be/JGcY6SbnwIo?t=720

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Right, but then they could at least give people nicknames or more interesting names. Some of these guys have stage names less interesting than their real names.

The worst ones being Gionna Daddio -> Liv Morgan and Barbie Blank -> Kelly Kelly. Seriously, how do you not use Barbie Blank for a woman with a ditzy blonde gimmick?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
^^^ kelly kelly's real name being 'barbie blank' will never not be hilarious to me, its perfect.

CobiWann posted:

This one's for J-Ru, just in case you haven't seen this part of the latest Botchamania.

https://youtu.be/JGcY6SbnwIo?t=720

all fairness to mean gene that's a good line

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Watching Botchamania and rolling at this crowd counting Nattie out as she's crying outside the ring.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Um, excuse me but didn't you see what Pete Dunne said? British Wrestling is fine!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Saint Freak posted:

Watching Botchamania and rolling at this crowd counting Nattie out as she's crying outside the ring.

I admit I laughed too, but how much better would the booking/writing be if matches actually had proper endings? Natty's non-countout, HHH"s "concussion" that didn't give Curtis Axel a win over him because the match just stopped...and of course the "DQ'd for kicking too much rear end" cliche.

Hell, I would just be happy if they stopped the "beat the champ to get a title shot at the champ" poo poo. Buster Douglas didn't become #1 contender when he beat heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, he became the heavyweight champion.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Imagine if WWE told AoPee before their debut; "by the way, we're replacing your Road Warriors mouthpiece with a tiny man that pisses himself...

... After we keep you off TV for half the year."

I don't watch 205, is Maverick a piss boy on there as well? Or more importantly, are AoPee his enforcers that beat up cruiserweights?
Nah he's actually treated like a serious/competent GM on that show

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of real names, Dunne's is Peter England. Kind of surprised WWE didn't make him use it for NXT UK.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I could see why a guy named Michael Hickenbottom might want to be known as something else.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Saint Freak posted:

oh so it did end in a count out then

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

We are the nation

of urination

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

is pepsi ok posted:

The worst ones being Gionna Daddio -> Liv Morgan and Barbie Blank -> Kelly Kelly. Seriously, how do you not use Barbie Blank for a woman with a ditzy blonde gimmick?

Trinity is such a cooler name than Naomi.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jonathan Good is better than Dean Ambrose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Big Bill Morrissey is a better name than Cancer Man.