Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Chael says a lot of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Sexyama just signed with One, are they just signing all the sexy fighters?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

willie_dee posted:

Wait, what? As a fighter?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Wait, what? As a fighter?

Yep

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

willie_dee posted:

Can't wait to see him fail his way up to a title match.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Oh hey, Justin Scoggins joined Rizin. I like him

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I kinda feel like this would be a good time for a new B-League thread. I accidentally clicked on the OP when seeing what's up (WAR GOOCH) and it's all like :v: "Bellator is looking to fill the hole left by Strikeforce," and talking about that Yuiriy guy and Oplot.

It'd probably serve the community well to have a thread talking about Bellator, ONE, RIZIN, Invicta, various C-league players like Cage Warriors, going over recent freak show incidents like Bas's Bareknuckles and Golden Boy, and identifying a few key twitter accounts for following the b-leagues.

Thoughts? If someone helps me to develop an outline I'm willing to write it up.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Yeah, 5 years old is pretty long in the teeth.

First matter will be picking the right B-league scenario to reference in the thread title.

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I kinda feel like this would be a good time for a new B-League thread. I accidentally clicked on the OP when seeing what's up (WAR GOOCH) and it's all like :v: "Bellator is looking to fill the hole left by Strikeforce," and talking about that Yuiriy guy and Oplot.

It'd probably serve the community well to have a thread talking about Bellator, ONE, RIZIN, Invicta, various C-league players like Cage Warriors, going over recent freak show incidents like Bas's Bareknuckles and Golden Boy, and identifying a few key twitter accounts for following the b-leagues.

I didn't know who Chatri Sityodtong was when he came up in the UFC thread recently so that kinda stuff would be helpful for an op

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That would be extremely helpful, yes :)

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
wow I totally forgot about OPLOT

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

I had been kicking around the idea of making a new one at the start of next year, so i can send you my rough outlines or something, i dunno

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've started working on something. In my usual fashion I'll take suggestions and correct the OP once it goes up.

I'm going to do larger writeups on Bellator, RIZIN, and ONE, a medium writeup on Invicta, a list of other promotions with quick facts (including "Fightpass" promotions as a category), and then a list of key twitter accounts to follow (basically the two gif dudes)

If you have gifs, images, gags, or facts that oyu want to include, let me know. I'll include them with a shoutout.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

That would be extremely helpful, yes :)

I can whip one together if needed. Gonna do the UFC December thread anyway so I'll be pulling up lots of MMA poo poo tonight.

Edit - nevermind CommonShore has this one.

I can help you if need be.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 30, 2018

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Always happy to help as well. Appreciate the initiative!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Word is Tito is trying to book Tito v Hendo 2 for next golden boy.

Hendo will murder him hooray

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Tito, any thoughts on the opponent you just defeated being revealed to have been clinically dead for 7 months before this fight?"
"This is the greatest and proudest day of my life."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So my plan here is to post a bare-bones ("bare-bones") thread (scare quotes because it's 1327 words right now and I'm about 2/3 of the way finished the text) with two posts, and I'll just do my thing where I add any good posts and images on the first page, and I'll start working on images at that time too, I guess.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Lid posted:

Word is Tito is trying to book Tito v Hendo 2 for next golden boy.

that's pretty crazy since they haven't even fought each other once yet

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

old.flv posted:

that's pretty crazy since they haven't even fought each other once yet

Balls I misread the golden boy 2 thing as Toto hendo 2

http://fightbible.net/tito-ortiz-vs-dan-henderson-in-the-works-for-golden-boy-mma-2/

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

old.flv posted:

wow I totally forgot about OPLOT

Good news they literally became a separatist pro Russia militia in East Ukraine and are war criminals for crimes against humanity.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Lid posted:

Good news they literally became a separatist pro Russia militia in East Ukraine and are war criminals for crimes against humanity.

that's...actually not surprising at all!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Give me a thread title, folks. I have text typed up covering Bellator, ONE FC, RIZIN, Invicta, PFL, "Fight Pass" and "other z-league bullshit."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
B-League MMA: I’m about to drink my Lean Body

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
B-Z Leagues: Medically cleared to fight, somehow

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

B-League MMA: From AXS to Da Zone

B-League MMA: Just Passing Through, or Are You Looking to Stay?

B-League MMA: Grands Prix and Untested Pee

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

LobsterMobster posted:

I like this one, and it definitely won't be out of date even if we go another five years between threads.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wise Learned Man posted:

I like this one, and it definitely won't be out of date even if we go another five years between threads.

I'm leaning that way too. I'll give it til tomorrow. Post any images you think should be added, twitter accounts that are worth noting, and other stuff that deserves recognition.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

B-League MMA: This pee is tangy

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

LobsterMobster posted:

i love all of these for different reasons

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Chael said on Insta that the fight had 25k PPV buys which is cool

https://twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/1068370319507771393

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Not really a fair comparison lol nobody wanted to see Chuck vs Tito again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

how many buys do you think Fred Couples vs. Greg Norman would do right now because that's a more apt comparison

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

And Tito claimed it was at 200K buys on Ariel's show

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If the price would have been as cheap as the golf PPV, then I may have considered it, and I definitely would have done it at :10bux:, but at the price they were asking for, lol. gently caress you.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Rigel posted:

If the price would have been as cheap as the golf PPV, then I may have considered it, and I definitely would have done it at :10bux:, but at the price they were asking for, lol. gently caress you.

Hell, at 20 bucks, I probably would have popped for it, even tho I would have had to watch it on my iPad since my living room is still in moving boxes. But 40? Nah.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

$10 was as high as I was willing to go.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I just want to say that anyone who considered giving that fight any sort of money is a bad person

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fentry posted:

I just want to say that anyone who considered giving that fight any sort of money is a bad person

The lead up to the fight and the commentary during the fight are also to blame for keeping up the facade of Chuck sandbagging so Tito doesn't know his true speed knowing full well it was so dangerous to put Chuck in there.

Sure fight promoters do scummy poo poo all the time but everything leading up to it made it clear this was a terrible idea. It was rough to watch and I was just hoping Chuck wouldn't legitimately die in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I went ahead and did it. Guys, we have a new home:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875853

Once again, I encourage everyone to give me suggestions, edits, and corrections.