Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

FRANCE!

also update her animations you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Everyone else will get animation updates so Marie will be the only one left flinging magic french kamehamehas.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Asimo posted:

Everyone else will get animation updates so Marie will be the only one left flinging magic french kamehamehas.

When everyone else has unique animations... she too will be unique for not having them.

I have two people in my entire friend's list with MLB Holy Night Supper... and one of them decided to put theirs on Karna. Which while helpful for some, means I can't do double Waver anymore and now I'm going to have to make two pages for the same node, and just swap between them depending on who shows up on my Update List.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 1, 2018

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I'm far from a master at this game, but that fruitcake grind with the gilgamesh's was like a heroic last stand for me. I had never really respected Jeanne without the support card that neutralises the stun, but I had them in perfect tag team sync, stunning that fucker before he could unleash the pain, or pulling off the invincibility while slowly wearing him down. Jeanne Alter make be all flames and insane cackling but I've come to respect my original 5 star servant.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jeanne gets a buff that removes the stun penalty in a few months.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Scoss posted:

Any protips for farming the Snowflake mission faster? I can do it reliably but it takes like 12 turns.

My toolbox of leveled servants

I have some Kaleidoscopes for getting out instant NP if necessary, not many other notable CEs.

It's a long shot, but if you have a MLB Halloween Princess or Golden Sumo or maybe even His Rightful Place or Dragon's Meridian, and can get Lily built at least to max evo, you could probably do something like:
Front: Santa Lily (Halloween Princess), Ozy, Arash (Kscope)
Back: Support Waver, Spartacus (Kscope), <whatever>

Arash wave 1. Pop Waver buffs on Ozy and swap Waver for Spart, use all Ozy skills and NP + busters to clear wave 2. Use Lily NP -> Spart NP should kill Kid and leave Gil in range to finish with a couple of hits. I can get a 3 turn clear using this setup but my Lily is pretty swole, you might be able to get away with a 4-5 round clear.

Also of note, this event hands out a ton of mana prisms and the shop just refreshed, so you can buy up some spare embers or Fous that way if you need to.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 1, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I keep getting double owned by Gilgamesh. I wish I have better lancers :(

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tired Moritz posted:

Grab a friendly Sisho and go to town. She kills big G with an NP and at least half of small G on the followup

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
For being the best node for fruitcake, I'm really not getting a lot of fruitcake drops. Shortcake drop seems way higher, which is a pain considering I already have a bunch from the previous node, and also I need somewhere around 500 fewer to get what I want from the shop.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Fruitcake drops are super inconsistent, I've gotten runs with 3 stacks and then runs with 10 stacks.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Omobono posted:

Grab a friendly Sisho and go to town. She kills big G with an NP and at least half of small G on the followup
Seriously. Gil is divine, so her final skill boosts her damage by comical amounts against him (+100% at 10) and he basically pops like a balloon when Scathach looks at him funny.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Chaldea lunchtime is only going to be available until the end of the year, right? Is it worth trying to getting additional copies if you're unlikely to grab the whole set? I know that bond points are a huge rear end pain once you get past the initial five, but grinding for mana prisms doesn't strike me as being any better.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

Chaldea lunchtime is only going to be available until the end of the year, right? Is it worth trying to getting additional copies if you're unlikely to grab the whole set? I know that bond points are a huge rear end pain once you get past the initial five, but grinding for mana prisms doesn't strike me as being any better.

If you grind this lottery you can probably get it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

70 prisms per box means 58 boxes for 4k prisms and some change. 50 boxes if you still have the 500 prisms from the shop available.

Hope you're set up for the last node.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Omobono posted:

70 prisms per box means 58 boxes for 4k prisms and some change. 50 boxes if you still have the 500 prisms from the shop available.

Hope you're set up for the last node.

Don't forget that you can sell your Silver Embers for another 15 Prisms. Heck, if you really need to, you can also sell the gold Embers too for even more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Friend Points also = FP rolls which have 3* CEs and Servants you can sell for prisms

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the fact that they decide to name all the currency cakes is so goddamn confusing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

And the fact that the most valuable cake is a goddamned fruitcake :barf:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Billzasilver posted:

And the fact that the most valuable cake is a goddamned fruitcake :barf:

But it's Christmas Tradition!

Also, from the icon, this is a literally cake covered in fruits that looks delicious, and not that giant brown lump of preservatives and bits of chopped up plants. And that I am okay with.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Dec 1, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the shortcake drop rates in the nodes with the two sabers are awful

is it just awful luck? I already have too much cheesecake with nothing to do with them

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I am fully convinced that this event is designed with the expectation that players completely ignore the droprates of the currency to farm boxes nonstop, and then buy out the store as a side effect of running the 40ap nodes over and over for socks.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

What's the current best Stocking node, anyway? The guide I'm using says it's the 30 AP one with double Tamamo at the end, but I feel like I got more when I was running the one with Saber Lily and Lalter.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Considering that servants also give +drop bonuses, they fully expect people to do that and stack their lineups with HNS.

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

What's the current best Stocking node, anyway? The guide I'm using says it's the 30 AP one with double Tamamo at the end, but I feel like I got more when I was running the one with Saber Lily and Lalter.

At this moment, it's the map with double Gil (40ap l80).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wow, janta is powerful. she even stole amakusa's np just to use it as a card attack

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

dogsicle posted:

wow, janta is powerful. she even stole amakusa's np just to use it as a card attack

I think Santa Island Mask stole it and taught it to her. He is her mentor after all and is very good at sneaking around.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

dogsicle posted:

Who's Amakusa? She learned it from her mentor, the mysterious Santa Island Mask.

Who is totally Amakusa wearing Mozart's mask

E: is Kamen Santa's theme music an homage to Tuxedo Kamen by any chance? The rose Black Key was a nice touch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The answer to every "Is this a reference" question is "yes."

FGO is extremely memey in recreating attacks and scenes from animes, especially robot shows.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Okaba and mecha horse are both pretty sucky but could they be great together?
No
I stacked NPs, Skadi and skills, but I still fall short on the recharge and stars aren't at saturation with the hiki's star drop at lvl4. A few levels more on the skills and changing out Waver for Helena would do the trick. Still needs the Battle Uniform though.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

4 boxes down and enough cards to MLB drunk Jalter, I'm in thankfully good condition compared to how hard I bombed the other Christmas event. Now I just need to max ascend Ishtar before I start Camelot so I have at least one gold Archer and I should be good.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Still grumpy that I missed drunk Jalter.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

If you have me on your friends list, my Kiyolancer one shots big Gil with NP. My code is 952,515,536 and I have a spot if you don't have me already.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cu is a good gilkiller

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

My whaling for Ishtar has come to an end, and this time I didn't pull two off banner 5 stars before I got her!

I did get:
Np4 (from 2) Elizabeth
Nitocris
Assassin Emiya
Steno (from nothing to NP2)
Beowulf
Ishtar

2 Fragments of 2030 (my first pull of it)
5 of the 5 star CE
Enough of the 4 star CE to MLB 3 of them with 4 left over
Enough of the 3 star CE to MLB 1 of them, though if I can pull one more from the friend gacha, I can MLB 2 of them

Now to wait for Merlin.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tired Moritz posted:

Borrow a friendly Karna.

I'm gonna swap mine in instead of the bonus servant just for people like you.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So I accidentally owned myself. I went on a Servant ascending/skill upgrading spree a few days back in the dead week between Christmas events and forgot to set pages aside for either Caster Gil or Merlin if I get either of them. So now even if I did get them, I no longer have the pages to take them very far. Hahaha gently caress

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

You can buy more copies in a year or so with a rare prism to allow you to buy copies at 1000 each.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Blight Runner posted:

:swoon: I know her sister is a total badass, but I have a soft spot for Aoko. Please put in other nasuverse characters into the game, DW.

Both Aozakis would be super cool in FGO. And Arcueid.

Make it happen game devs people.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Maybe I'm not pulling fancy 3-turn clears, but Ushiwakamaru+Rider Kintoki are doing fine killing Gil over and over.

Also, CA Hassan is friend to all children. :kimchi:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Traveller posted:

Maybe I'm not pulling fancy 3-turn clears, but Ushiwakamaru+Rider Kintoki are doing fine killing Gil over and over.

Yeah, my team is also sub-optimal with Lartoria, Drake and support Jalter, but it gets the job done. Ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

What's really blocking me is needing to find a support with at least +2 Fruitcake bonus to clear the shop as far as I will (letting monuments, pieces and mana prisms be) I could probably shave off more turns if I could have more liberty with support picks. At least I should be done with all cakes tonight.