Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
killgrave, no. the bad touching is not appropriate for nsm.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
TBF, if I could freeze Luke Cage in place, i'd also like to touch his chest.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Luke gets enraged and stuffs PM in a garbage can.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Synthbuttrange posted:

what a weird name

If the newspaper strip isn't going to do it, I feel like it's worth pointing out that the Purple Man's full name is Zebediah Killgrave

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Clown-9 makes another daring escape

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
God. So Killgrave should just be able to order Luke Cage to literally tear in half anyone he doesn't like, but that's obviously not going to happen because NSM is a kids cartoon from the 50s. Likewise, they're also not going to do a Netflix Jessica Jones deep dive into how violating this experience would actually be.

So I can't imagine what's actually going to happen here. But luckily, we have this time-tested formula:

Luke Cage will become Spider-Man's new *shakes magic 8 ball* brother-in-law, and then they'll murder Killgrave in cold blood with an assist from *scratches off lottery ticket* Robbie.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Luke Cage marries Aunt May.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm just as confused as Luke, as Murdertomb there didn't actually tell him to stop moving. All Slaycrypt said to do was not punch him.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

That's the only action he can think of.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cabbit posted:

I'm just as confused as Luke, as Murdertomb there didn't actually tell him to stop moving. All Slaycrypt said to do was not punch him.

I think we're missing a second panel. Assassinationplot is supposed to say "all that matters is that I now have total control -- (lukecagedon'tmoveamuscle) --over the most powerful being I've ever encountered!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I really hope it turns into a wacky "Now Luke Cage, you will shoot yourself! ha ha!" "wait, why aren't you dead?" situation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Push El Burrito posted:

Zebediah Killgrave marries Aunt May.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all i really want in this arc is for killgrave to try to command nsm to do something but fail because peter can't comprehend simple instructions.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Zebediah Killgrave commands Spider-Man to marry Aunt May and commands Peter Parker to take pictures of the wedding.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

The perfect encapsulation of NSM:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i like the spider nips

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

all i really want in this arc is for killgrave to try to command nsm to do something but fail because peter can't comprehend simple instructions.

Kilgrave: Disappoint your elderly Aunt and fail to live up to even her most basic expectations! :getin:
Peter continues life as normal

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was gonna do an edit for today's strip and present it as the real thing, but

how does one compete with this??

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

look some chemicals turn people chalk white and super insane, others super persuasive.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Cabbit posted:

Lobok posted:

I think we're missing a second panel. Assassinationplot is supposed to say "all that matters is that I now have total control -- (lukecagedon'tmoveamuscle) --over the most powerful being I've ever encountered!"

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Newspaper Spider-Man 2019:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It starts raining. The purple liquid washes off and he loses his power.

Peter continues to watch TV.

Next: Sabertooth

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I love how Killgrave's amnesia is completely irrelevant to anything, but keeps getting mentioned.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's probably referring to one of his earliest appearances. deep delves into comics continuity aren't unheard of in nsm.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was wondering what he's been up to in the main comics line.

Eventually, after tracking down Jessica Jones and taking control of Carol Danvers, Purple Man is killed by a gunshot wound and his body thrown into the sun.[17] lmaoooo

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's probably referring to one of his earliest appearances. deep delves into comics continuity aren't unheard of in nsm.

Probably this one:

quote:

One day a car being used by two underlings of the Kingpin of Crime to make a major delivery of illegal narcotics accidentally collided with Killgrave’s purple Rolls Royce on a New York City street. Angered, Killgrave used his power to compel the two criminals to fight each other; the police arrived and confiscated the heroin.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The amnesia will factor once we found out he forgot his allergy to spiders.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like ol' Pete's just gonna sit this one out and have his "sorry I blew up your theater so now you're out of a job" gently caress party with MJ.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Begemot posted:

Probably this one:
I like how this is written in such a way that it makes it seem the cops showed up, toted away the bags of drugs, and just completely ignored the fistfighting mobsters ten feet away.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've just started watching Luke Cage and Jessica Jones because of this arc and while they're both really good so far, this strip's depiction of Luke and Purple Man keeps creeping into my head.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
"Why could I shake off your control?"

"Deus ex amnesia. Deal with it. :smug:"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's very Stan Lee to have an amnesia plot. Also, when it comes to giving credit, it's also very Stan Lee to just have amnesia.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
He wasn't immersed it was just a little spi- oh my loving god, Deep Purple?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Samuringa posted:

He was lucky too, he could have been knocked into Uriah Heep, Procol Harum, Toe Fat or Premiata Forneria Marconi!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
This must be the work of an enemy Stand!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Samuringa posted:

No, "Deep Purple.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

jyrque posted:

This must be the work of an enemy Stand!

So what would NSM stand be called?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rmtJ6-EY1E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

David D. Davidson posted:

So what would NSM stand be called?

Flying Circus. Completely and hilariously useless, while other, competent non-NSM people do all the actual work.