Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Wengy posted:

RTX 2080. I knew this new-fangled stuff was bad news!

I'm also on an RTX card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I’ve had maybe two crashes in dozens of hours. 1080 with 32gb ram and i7.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I really dislike the slum enforcers in Mumbai. Far too often you turn a corner and walk right into one, or you're blending in a crowd and his pathing makes him walk right up to you.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Same, no crashing issues ever. I think its probably only 10+ series cards crashing?

Nope, I have 980 and have intermittent issues.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I did actually just have a crash when I went to check if this misterious window existed in Marrakesh. The situation quickly escalated because that whole part is a restricted area that you have to break in with the hacking tool. The game crashed after I shot a couple of soldiers, and I was myself about to die.

I'm pretty sure this happened a bunch of times, when a mission went to poo poo.

Specs: Win10, i7 (4th gen lol), 1070 and 32GB ram, running off an SSD.

I don't see a common factor in regards to the hardware, honestly. idk

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I'm wondering if there's a weird driver incompatibility that affects some systems and not others. It could literally be anything: network, sound, graphics, hard drive, etc. I'd be interested in seeing if playing in offline mode still has issues, or installing it to a different drive. But the issues are so inconsistent, it's too hard to test for without spending a ton of time, and I'm done with the game for now.

I don't think that particular brands of RAM would mess anything up, so long as the RAM was stable. I occasionally get weird hitches, and those hitches seem to be where the game is crashing. Maybe it's a memory streaming thing that doesn't like particular hard drives? Who the hell knows. I'm running off an SSD.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 2, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

double nine posted:

I really dislike the slum enforcers in Mumbai. Far too often you turn a corner and walk right into one, or you're blending in a crowd and his pathing makes him walk right up to you.

They don't ruin your SA or anything. You can just run away.
Also they're marked on your minimap iirc.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Welp, killed Sean Bean in the most boring way possible: went to the press box and sniped him when he showed up at the window.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Were the harry and merv ets as good as the sean bean one?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They weren't elusive targets, it was a new mission that you could replay from the Destinations menu. It was a little annoying if you were going for the Challenge to steal every item before they did but otherwise it was enjoyable.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

Were the harry and merv ets as good as the sean bean one?

It was funny in theory but honestly it felt a little thrown together.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If they bring it back it should be on the Whittleton Creek map.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceOfFlames posted:

Welp, killed Sean Bean in the most boring way possible: went to the press box and sniped him when he showed up at the window.

Great, now I have to find the Press Box. drat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
All I have left for classics is to SASO and Sniper Hokkaido. Then I get can the all black suit.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

If they bring it back it should be on the Whittleton Creek map.

whittleton creek is definitely a decent map in need of a good target / mission

its just too bland, but a mission where you play santa and have to break into homes and deliver presents...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
MrFreeze2244 is updating his runs for the legacy stuff in Hitman 2. He's up to SASO in Colorado if anyone needs help for season 1 stuff.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

MrFreeze2244 is updating his runs for the legacy stuff in Hitman 2. He's up to SASO in Colorado if anyone needs help for season 1 stuff.

Aaah yeah, when i was doing SA/SO Bangkok i was relying on his run for guuidance on Cross and when it came to distracting the two sound techies in front of the rec booth, i encountered exactly the same problem he does in his new run. He recommended luring both guys one by one to the bathroom by throwing poo poo in Hitman 1, but surprise! In Hitman 2, BOTH of them go to investigate the noise and you can't pick them off one by one.

Took me like an hour of experimenting, but i had a Master save in the bathroom, and eventually i figured out that if i wait one or two cycles of the bodyguard entering and leaving the bathroom, Jordan Cross eventually enters the recording booth and if i throw a distraction into the bathroom then, instead of the two techies, HE comes to investigate. So i could avoid knocking out those two jokers entirely. After the two bodyguards leave, throw something at the open door, when he comes to check, throw something farther into the room, smack him when he's in, and you have just enough time to dump his body into the closet and hide behind the sight screen before the two guards come back.

I see in his updated video, he instead opts to distract the two techies with a corner coin and quickly knock both out with thrown items before stuffing them in the closet. I guess that's like a minute faster, but i end up liking my solution more. :v:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Should I just rush through each level with opportunities on to grab as much XP and learn as much as I can before going in with more refined approaches? Or should I keep all of that poo poo off and force myself to make it through trial and error and actually listening to people and observing things. I also want to just get through as quickly as possible so I can watch all the cinematics so they don't get spoiled for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The cinematics don't matter and I'm pretty sure you can just go into the campaign menu and watch them all. Play the game however you want. I recommend just playing through a map once to see what it's like and then checking out the challenges when you finish.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we have any idea if they're going to do Elusive Targets for the Hitman 1 levels? Are there going to be new locations in the future?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

welp, someone found an even more amazing briefcase:

https://gfycat.com/glumfrighteningkite

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:laffo:

If you don't fix the Kashmirian's scope and go paint Rangan up anyways, he takes the shot and misses. You can hear the shot being taken as you're painting.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

double nine posted:

Holy poo poo you can do that with bombs?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Catalyst-proof posted:

Should I just rush through each level with opportunities on to grab as much XP and learn as much as I can before going in with more refined approaches? Or should I keep all of that poo poo off and force myself to make it through trial and error and actually listening to people and observing things. I also want to just get through as quickly as possible so I can watch all the cinematics so they don't get spoiled for me.

if you play on professional and repeat each map once to do all 3 recommended story missions you get the full experience imho

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

double nine posted:

This needs a Roundabout edit.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Catalyst-proof posted:

I personally like to knock out all the mission stories to get a good feel for the layout of each map and how the varies clockwork stuff works, and then go back in and try to do the more difficult challenges with that knowledge. But just play it how you want. There are some people who swear that using the mission story markers ruins the game, but I just don't see it.

Rothon
Jan 4, 2012
Is it not possible to pistol-snipe the virus from outside the containment building in Hitman 2 Sapienza? I used to do it without much trouble in 2016 but it seems like the shots don't make it through the window glass now.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Rothon posted:

Is it not possible to pistol-snipe the virus from outside the containment building in Hitman 2 Sapienza? I used to do it without much trouble in 2016 but it seems like the shots don't make it through the window glass now.

It can be a pain in the neck, but I've done it a few times with the Silverballer.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I think you owe it to yourself to do at least the first run blind and without much of a plan. If you come across a mission story and wanna do it, great, but there's a relatively brief window where the map will feel like a big mystery to unravel. And the cinematics are all pretty incidental to what I think is the real plot of the game, which are the stories of the levels and the targets. Best way to experience that is to wander around and take time to listen to people's conversations, read the Intel entries, and watch and learn what the targets are up to and why they deserve what you're gonna do to them. Focusing on checking off challenges and mission stories off the bat can make you more likely to miss that sort of stuff.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The first time you pose as a plague doctor doll while watching your target be entranced by a VHS playing an extremely cringey homegrown amateur ballad to his mother's secret pasta recipe with 47 spices on a big-rear end wall screen before slicing his neck with a circumcision knife and watching the blood splatter across the projection of his dead mother's visage is magic

The mission stories are good and are there to help you set up kills when you have no clue about the map and its possibilities, but when you go back later and learn to navigate and find all the fun stuff reliably and can manipulate people and targets, that's where the game really shines.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I feel like in the future I'll do my first run interface blind--as in, I disable the minimap, the target indicators, instinct, and just search through the entire location myself for the targets and means to take them out. I want to have as pure an exploration round as I can, and then later on I'll add in the other parts to make completing challenges and stuff easier.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
My first run on every map has been an attempt at SASO with no guidance, because I am a shameless serial savescummer.

Also chalk me up for another that's had crashing/freezing issues, I have the loading screen hang pretty regularly. It happened to me on the Elusive Target too, but thankfully I was still able to load it up again after Alt+F4ing out.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

:laffo:

If you don't fix the Kashmirian's scope and go paint Rangan up anyways, he takes the shot and misses. You can hear the shot being taken as you're painting.

thank you for testing this

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Most of my initial runs end up being successful, but very bloody.

Hey, its my first go round, who cares if half the map dies?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Even in professional it’s way too easy to start a brand new level and just let bloody improvisation take you all over, instead of being careful and considered. It feels like cheating in some weird way :colbert:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I was trying to get SASO in the Ark Society mission but I messed up and decided to close myself up in the cage and await death. But the guards just ran up to and yelled at me so I killed them and they just kept coming. Occasionally one would phase through the door and start shooting and engaging in hand to hand but almost all of them just ran up and just stood there. This isn't all the guards from the level but it's a whole lot of them.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ok so i know SA isn't ruined by a bunch of stuff now (like trespassing or suspicious) but what about the challenges? is the silent assassin challenge still voided by suspicious NPCs? not the score at the end.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

ok so i know SA isn't ruined by a bunch of stuff now (like trespassing or suspicious) but what about the challenges? is the silent assassin challenge still voided by suspicious NPCs? not the score at the end.

I got caught trespassing on purpose doing my last SASO Master run, just so I'd have an easier time getting out and I still got the challenges.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Let me double check Marrakesh when I get home, I'm certain there's another way into the embassy. Unless I'm confusing something.

E: wait I think I was going in the side with the security booth and then into the front door. I just remember my saso run not involving the consulate garage.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My Marrakesh SASO was a bit ridiculous. Explosives were involved. Also the toilet kill.