Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They know their aiming model feels like poo poo since they let you use snap to autoaim in mp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anyone know what time the just cause 4 early access starts? Is it midnight tonight?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The fourth of December.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

American McGay posted:

I keep pressing the wrong button!! Gah these controls suck rear end!

Lol, whether you want to admit it or not, RDR2 has a bad controller setup.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

berzerkmonkey posted:

Lol, whether you want to admit it or not, RDR2 has a bad controller setup.

not really. It works pretty well once you learn it, like most games.

God forbid you have to get used to controls.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Having modal controls where the same button does opposite actions with consequential outcomes (aim a gun at someone in a threatening way/talk to them like a normal person) is a bad design, even if people can get used to it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

doingitwrong posted:

Having modal controls where the same button does opposite actions with consequential outcomes (aim a gun at someone in a threatening way/talk to them like a normal person) is a bad design, even if people can get used to it.

all you have to do is make sure your weapon isn't drawn and you won't aim at someone.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

doingitwrong posted:

Epic username/post combo ftw.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

American McGay posted:

Epic username/post combo ftw.

lmao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

They know their aiming model feels like poo poo since they let you use snap to autoaim in mp

They've done this in previous online games. They have some weird online shooter philosophy where they want you to practice jockeying for cover and position more than aiming but they're never that good at setting that up either so it always ends up somewhere weird in the middle.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

This is a non-issue, the user is the problem not the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They've done this in previous online games. They have some weird online shooter philosophy where they want you to practice jockeying for cover and position more than aiming but they're never that good at setting that up either so it always ends up somewhere weird in the middle.

The cover system is such a joke.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
bring back max payne 3 multi

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol at the hubris of not making the online just a fornite/blackout mode

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Blackout owns so much and I'm extremely bad at it. Haven't won a game. average like .75 kills per game or something.

But just the feeling of ruining someone elses dream of winnig, usually in very dumb or funny fashion, is very addicting.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I like Fortnite a lot someone help me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

You'll get no help from me, it's the best of the Battle Royale games in my opinion.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

It's fun when someone's all distracted building some bullshit to absorb bullets from the other direction and you can just kill them and now you've got this fort

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

So far, in every battle royale game I have ever played I have managed to achieve precisely zero kills.

I have also got one victory.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I suck at multiplayer games, so for me I just stopped caring about winning, and instead focused on trying to survive for as long as possible. In Fortnite I can almost always make it into the top 5 remaining players, and i've won a few times.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah Im extremely good at cowarding my way into the top ten or whatever in blackout but I've been trying to get used to fighting so I can maybe someday actually capitalize on it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I actually set a trap inside a door of a house and lured someone into it by potshotting at them from the roof and felt like a true brain genius.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah Im extremely good at cowarding my way into the top ten or whatever in blackout but I've been trying to get used to fighting so I can maybe someday actually capitalize on it.

All my experience is with PUBG so apologies if this doesn't translate to Fortnite or Blackout, but usually the first step to becoming an actually good player is learning to not worry about death and become an early game hard charger. Unless you're extremely lucky you're not getting gear good enough for the end game from looting alone and you will need to kill people and take their poo poo.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

AC:Odyssey has this that I don’t remember Origins having. I was trying to talk to a quest giver with Y but my character was pointed slightly off and I ended up assassinating his bodyguard right in front of him.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is $10 for Xbox Live Gold members. This game was okay because of the fan service storyline, and multiplayer let you play against bots.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Baxate posted:

AC:Odyssey has this that I don’t remember Origins having. I was trying to talk to a quest giver with Y but my character was pointed slightly off and I ended up assassinating his bodyguard right in front of him.
Yeah I've almost done that so many times but somehow never quite, it's a strange choice to put the general interact action and the very lethal instant kill action on the same button.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

Yeah I've almost done that so many times but somehow never quite, it's a strange choice to put the general interact action and the very lethal instant kill action on the same button.

Authentic social anxiety simulator.

"Come on, you can do this. Just go and say hi. No big deal, people do it every day. Here goes...'hi-'" person you're attempting to talk to dies violently, everyone in proximity starts screaming, police start rushing in "DAMMIT NOT AGAIN"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Baxate posted:

This happened to me once when I signed up to do a conquest battle. I wanted to speak to the Spartan general but ended up murking the guard right next to him with Y, which caused the entire war camp to start attacking me. I chained them all the way across the battlefield to the Athenian camp where they all murdered each other, then ran back to the other side and claimed victory for Sparta. In summary, the Pelopennesian Wars were a chaotic time in Ancient Greece. Many sides, many sides.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

:same:

I bought an X so I could play RDR2 and yet all I've played is a poo poo load of fortnite.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Rocket League looks sexy at 4K 60.

Feels good to jump back in after a while away.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

exquisite tea posted:

This happened to me once when I signed up to do a conquest battle. I wanted to speak to the Spartan general but ended up murking the guard right next to him with Y, which caused the entire war camp to start attacking me. I chained them all the way across the battlefield to the Athenian camp where they all murdered each other, then ran back to the other side and claimed victory for Sparta. In summary, the Pelopennesian Wars were a chaotic time in Ancient Greece. Many sides, many sides.
FO4/Skyrim - trying to press A to talk to someone but you wind up stealing something on the table in front of them and the whole town becomes hostile :q:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Beastie posted:

Rocket League looks sexy at 4K 60.

Feels good to jump back in after a while away.

Yeah noticed it got hit with the power of the X finally and I jumped back in. Hit me up at DisposableScud if you want someone bad to play with.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
60K 4FPS

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Piranha Games looking at porting MechWarrior 5 to XB1

Honestly the game looks 2 steps away from being a new MechAssault so I'm ultra down with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXcFJBb6BM

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I would play the poo poo out of that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Give it to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My son wants a god game to play. Are there any on Xbox that I am just forgetting? The only one that comes to mind is Reus.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

King Burgundy posted:

My son wants a god game to play. Are there any on Xbox that I am just forgetting? The only one that comes to mind is Reus.

Viva pinata

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Viva Pinata is great, and I'll try to get him into that. But it isn't really a god game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Power of Life and death baby