Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
ok thank you dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mods changed my name posted:

Am I missing something with EVA? Like how do I stop my dude? Or do I have to do all fancy physics poo poo to do that? I'm tired of bouncing off everything trying to scan some poo poo.

backspace

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

Seriously get the paranid corvette with 5 forward guns. Throw in 5 medium chainguns or whatever. Xenon Ps last like 3 bursts.

I have one, but it doesn't have a docking bay which makes me very sad. It is the best M ship by far though which means the Paranid get the best M ships as well as S ships....

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I was curious about the whole expanding the sector map thing.

This is permanent for this save, it would appear.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Communist Bear posted:

So basically we've got one game is thematically good but structurally bad, even patched up, and we've got another game that is structurally a bit better but thematically bad, not patched up.

I knew buying another Egosoft game was a mistake.

Nah, X4 is salvageable. Rebirth was _terrible_ on launch, and got patched up to passable if disappointing. This is actually pretty good, with scads of jank which is actually reassuring.

FileNotFound posted:

I'd love to see a link because I legitimately cannot wrap my head around how in the world of mutitheading and muliticore PCs we can have issues with the game slowing down due to CPU utilization that could be easily offloaded to one of my 8 cores. I can literally have a core dedicated to each of my loving turrets...

Marshalling is still difficult to do because you can't predict load, and spreading load is therefore difficult to manage predictively? This is egosoft.

FileNotFound posted:

For fucks sake - even starcitizen has working turrets - even if nothing else works in that scam of a game they somehow managed to make turrets hit poo poo. What wizardry...

I believe you can snap up a starter pack for a hundred bucks if that's your particular hurdle.

They might actually complete a single solar system by 2019.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Slickdrac posted:

Yeah this is a bit of a problem I have consciously avoided doing.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I reinstalled X3 AP again and am really enjoying it. X4 is a solid foundation pun intended but it needs a few months of patching to get where it needs to be. It has many small issues that can be fixed but no huge glaring weaknesses that undermine the entire design.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Great, I got a lockbox mission and the lockbox physically doesnt exist. I can target it on the radar and select it but it just doesnt exist when go there. Also the ship balance is completely out of whack, how is a medium sized corvette faster than any teladi or argon fighter craft?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Hav posted:

I believe you can snap up a starter pack for a hundred bucks if that's your particular hurdle.

I shall have you know that I still have Concierge access.....

.....because Sandi is incompetent and when she processed my refund she didn't close my account and just gave me my money back.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Are you seriously comparing Star Citizen positively to another space game

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

mp5 posted:

Relax, it's a game we play.

Like seeing who can get closest to the poop without touching it. poop chicken.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

I reinstalled X3 AP again and am really enjoying it. X4 is a solid foundation pun intended but it needs a few months of patching to get where it needs to be. It has many small issues that can be fixed but no huge glaring weaknesses that undermine the entire design.

Yeah, I did the same. X4 needs some fixes for some of its automation features and imo, an endgame threat like Litcube.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I am having lots of fun with the game in spite all the jank. Something about setting up a whole bunch of traders and watching them putter around and slowly make money so that you can buy more traders is great and so far has scratched the UT itch from X3. I'm admittedly pretty weird.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

mp5 posted:

Yeah I know. It's unfortunate to see a egosoft gently caress something up that CIG managed to get working.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I did the same. X4 needs some fixes for some of its automation features and imo, an endgame threat like Litcube.

Tell me about Litcube. Is it just a harder X3?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Hav posted:

Relax, it's a game we play.

Like seeing who can get closest to the poop without touching it. poop chicken.

i'm incredibly relaxed, i guess I just havent posted in the Star Citizen thread in a while

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

FileNotFound posted:

Its better and can be harder although you can turn off the harder stuff off permanently/temporarily if you want an easier time or a head start to build up your empire.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

The big thing I always have trouble with, even going from to X3 from Rebirth is that building stations feels way more confusing to me/marines are insano-weird complicated and I can never figure out how to even get a start to even steal corvettes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Heeyyyyy the paranid are building a new station! I wasn't sure if they could.

E: Wow and the antigone republic have apparently sent a raiding force into their sectors too, seems like the factions do fight each other and expand.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 4, 2018

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

There are a good amount of integrated mods into it (either the actual mod or litcube's own version of it) so I mostly like it for the reduced amount of setup (saturn complex hubs, for example, are in by default), but it also adds some really cool features (that you can turn off if you want) in a competing AI corporation and a strong endgame threat that you need a large industry base to take on.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Weapon and ship balance is also radically different in litcube's universe. Litcube likes very slow firing guns so thats what you get.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Slickdrac posted:

Did you find anything :v:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Slickdrac posted:

Ha yeah, I got high and fell asleep in my chair and woke up 70k km away from the system in Grand Exchange IV, decided to keep the save to preserve progress, and now have to stare at this loving gash in my map every time I look at the system.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

mp5 posted:

i'm incredibly relaxed, i guess I just havent posted in the Star Citizen thread in a while

Don't bother, it's a silly place.

FileNotFound posted:

It's a total conversion, which means that he wraps up a bunch of changes and QoL improvements, along with his particular concept of how the game should be;

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Features

in short, the big ones are trading, explorers and items that help scale out empires, like the Saturn Complex Hub

Comparisons are here.

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/FAQ

quote:

Compare to the vanilla game.

OK. You'll recognize very little from the vanilla game.

Compare X Rebalanced Mod to LU

It's just different. Personally, I think XRM is a fantastic mod, and Paul has been very successful implementing his vision of the game.

How does Out-Of-Sector (OOS) combat compare to vanilla?

OOS combat is the same as the latest patched vanilla. I find it to be a reasonable facsimile of IS combat.

How does In-Sector (IS) combat compare to vanilla?

You'll find the IS battles in LU to be "bigger". The fights last longer, especially between larger ships, and there's usually more ships involved. You could be minding your own business in a sector, and a pirate patrol of an M7, a few M6, and a giant wing of fighters wants your cargo. So be aware of that.

How does race rep compare to vanilla?

Station granted missions have lower rep rewards than vanilla.

How does the Stock Exchange compare to vanilla?

I also wrote a [Feature_Stock_Exchange stock exchange] from scratch. It uses the current stock exchange stations to unlock them, much like vanilla. It's [Feature_Hotkeys hotkey] operated. One thing I found during the late game, is that I was going through billions of credits. My system was so automated, that I didn't realize it, but as I'd jump in to fight off an OCV invasion, I'd lose hundreds of fully equipped fighters, vanguard M6s, etc. They would auto re-populate from the [Feature_MLCC MMLC] settings, but I'd still need to provide the resources for it. My job became an empire manager. So, yes, you can rake in huge credits from the new stock exchange, but a) it requires serious investment, and b) you'll never run out of uses for those credits.

I am new-ish to the X-verse. Will I be able to handle LU?

Maybe. Letting your game SETA overnight while your two UTs make money is unlikely a viable strategy now. It's meant to be an epic campaign, so you're not going to lose in the span of a few days.

Can you lose the game in LU?

Yes. Winning takes some skill and planning, over a long period of time. Strategy is much more important than it is in the vanilla game.

I'm worried about OCV and Phanon expansion

It's not a huge panic race against time, but there is a slight sense of urgency. You'll get messages time to time to let you know what's happening in the Universe. However, running SETA run overnight to have your 1 UT gain you millions probably isn't a good idea.

That's a massive overview, there's a bunch more detail on the wiki about the differences. Personally I think it lights a fire under the players rear end a bit more, and makes the universe 'pop' a bit more in terms that you can make money off people bailing from their ships a little more readily. I'm a fan, obviously. Someone else can probably speak to the shortcomings.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Downloading this at the moment, already making a logo for my epic spazetruxx (ok, i might do some hauling, if i can fit it in with jacking and piracy, etc.) companay, no, I won't forget the ring.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

RBA Starblade posted:

Did you find anything :v:

I found a mining fleet about 2000km away from anything, in an area with no belts or gas clouds :iiam:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So uh, were are all the space highways at? I've yet to see one, I've just been using the big warp rings to get between sectors.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

So uh, were are all the space highways at? I've yet to see one, I've just been using the big warp rings to get between sectors.

You'll know it when you see it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

There are all types; accelerators, gates and highways. There's a big loop to the north-west of Black Hole sun.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I kinda wanna restart and do a HOP vs the world run.

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>
Why isn't this black market buyer accepting my space weed? :(

I have a container ship with 1900 space weed parked in this dock, and I go to her and tell her to buy it, hit Confirm, it says (xxx,xxx due from trading), then that goes away and no transaction happens.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I kinda wanna restart and do a HOP vs the world run.

I keep eyeing up that Paranid civil war start.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The black market trader is for things in your personal inventory, like baubles and poo poo, not for a ship full of things. For that the station needs to be buying them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slickdrac posted:

As a heads up, you may not want to set ships to auto explore. Turns out that yes, they actually WILL move eventually! But one of mine kept flying to the border and expanding the sector map.

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

OwlFancier posted:

The black market trader is for things in your personal inventory, like baubles and poo poo, not for a ship full of things. For that the station needs to be buying them.

but of course they'd make it look like you could trade to her via the bulk wares screen :thunk:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GODDAMN FOOL posted:

but of course they'd make it look like you could trade to her via the bulk wares screen :thunk:

I mean, unless they changed it? Can you buy ships full of poo poo from them?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, unless they changed it? Can you buy ships full of poo poo from them?

I was under the impression that the bulk buy table was bi-directional, but I've never had a weed dealer buy off me in real life. Especially when I had that truckload.

He was most rude.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hav posted:

I was under the impression that the bulk buy table was bi-directional, but I've never had a weed dealer buy off me in real life. Especially when I had that truckload.

He was most rude.

I didn't know there was a bulk buy option at all... the one I found didn't have it, do you need to complete the mission for that? If so it seems like it would massively facilitate illegal trade.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I didn't know there was a bulk buy option at all... the one I found didn't have it, do you need to complete the mission for that? If so it seems like it would massively facilitate illegal trade.

Yes thats the point of completing the mission; you then get a "what do you have in bulk option" and have a normal wares screen for spaceweed/spacefuel/majaglit (or whatever its called). Only around 100 units each though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slickdrac posted:

I found a mining fleet about 2000km away from anything, in an area with no belts or gas clouds :iiam:

Apparently this is due to the “encounter” script that secretly cheats to make the universe appear more populated by warping ships to be near you (it’s not spawning new ones, just grabbing them from elsewhere). You usually don’t notice because there’s usually stuff around that would make sense for them to be there but in very odd cases like this one it’s noticeable.