Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

FitFortDanga posted:

I got the feeling that he considers himself to be a bit of heat-seeker.

I hope his heat seeking doesn't lead him to the Devil, who Mitch is afraid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't understand how the PYF Comics thread is pro-Garbage Ape.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's probably a "so bad it's good" thing.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

MITCH: I can give you some history on, uh, "Fairytale of New York", Nick!

NICK: Whoa, cool.

ERIN: (laughter)

MITCH: Produced by Steve Lilywhite, who produced the Dave Matthews Band albums...

NICK: Wow!

ERIN: Wow!

MITCH: The first, the first three Dave Matthews Band albums and a later one. His wife is the, the woman who sings on the album with, uh, the lead singer of The Pogues there...

ERIN: Kirsty...

MITCH: Yeah. And I dunno... I dunno her name. And I don't know the lead singer of The Pogues name, either because I'm bad, uh, fan. Uh....

ERIN: Shane McGowan.

MITCH: Shane McGowan. Uh, and so, the, the duet that they sing is, is a guy sings and a girl sings. And uh... and, uh... oh! They also, uh, the, the, the song... cuz they sing about, like, cops singing, like, and the, and the bells ringing out uh but what no oh poo poo what is the... what is the... whatever, I forget the... there's like a song that they had to made up, that was like a firefighter song or something like that that they made up the words to. Check it out! I'm not doing a good job, I failed!

Amazing.

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 5, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This is such a good podcast

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
loving hell, Mitch.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Just got home from the Sloppy Boys / Don't Stop Or We'll Die show and it was the greatest concert I've ever attended

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Jesus.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

FitFortDanga posted:

that was like a firefighter song or something like that that they made up the words to. Check it out! I'm not doing a good job, I failed!

I'm not a Patreon subscriber so i dont know the context but in the video the choir didn't know the song "Galway Bay" so they sang the "Mickey Mouse Club" theme. I think I learned that on a pop-up video.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I'm not a Patreon subscriber so i dont know the context but in the video the choir didn't know the song "Galway Bay" so they sang the "Mickey Mouse Club" theme. I think I learned that on a pop-up video.

I always thought the actual story was that they wrote the song then discovered the NYPD didn't have a choir, hence the footage of a matching band instead.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Both of those Pogues things are true.

Anyway, Mitch was funny as hell on this live show. I should signup for the patreon again.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Anyone know what "magic" Mary Holland did when she came out?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So this episode revealed again that Wiger seems to be the main thing holding them back from greater exposure. Is it self-sabotage or does he just have no idea how to navigate the industry? Shouldn’t they have representation to handle things like this?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

they revealed that the mcdonalds episode comes out next week. wonder if it was pre-recorded or if it'll be the peecast blast show on saturday

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

So this episode revealed again that Wiger seems to be the main thing holding them back from greater exposure. Is it self-sabotage or does he just have no idea how to navigate the industry? Shouldn’t they have representation to handle things like this?

I'm pretty sure their representation is Susser, or at least it sounded like it was for the Netflix deal.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Joe Hartzler fuckin' killed it. He rules.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m interested in seeing his “Sunday service”

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
its so hosed up how nick likes hot salad and eats it all the time

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
They announced the guest for Macca's https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1075424097557868544?s=19

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I’m guessing:

wiger: 5 forks
mitch: 5 forks

silverman: 1 fork

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I hope Silverman drags McDonald's through the mud for being overrated fast food (IF THAT COULD EVEN BE A THING) that only places right above Burger King based solely on the fact that every meal I've ever had at BK came out ice cold.

And their fries are subpar, too.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

It's going to be six forks, actually.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I hope they never mention the meal.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That Joe Hartzler butthole story is terrifying. I play a lot of baseball in the summer and I hope that never happens.

Also lol at Mitch bringing up his significantly less awful injuries multiple times when compared to Hartlzers living hell.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Cracked up that it was just Mcdonald's breakfast.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

wagnike2 posted:

Cracked up that it was just Mcdonald's breakfast.

Wiger sneaking that in at the end of the opening spiel was excellent.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

goatse.wiger

For anyone who ever wanted to see wiger perform “The Monster gently caress” from Comedy Bang Bang, it looks exactly like you’d imagine: https://youtu.be/WH4sXVQ7a_w

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

bartlebee posted:

goatse.wiger

For anyone who ever wanted to see wiger perform “The Monster gently caress” from Comedy Bang Bang, it looks exactly like you’d imagine: https://youtu.be/WH4sXVQ7a_w

he only really comes alive when he's performing. such fiery passion!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Check out "Gungan Style" too if you've never seen that one.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

bartlebee posted:

goatse.wiger

Bonus point, internet edgelord maddox is getting hosed in the video.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hot take: McDonalds like all fast food breakfast sucks and makes you feel like poo poo.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Popete posted:

Hot take: McDonalds like all fast food breakfast sucks and makes you feel like poo poo.

it's spelled "hotcake"

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The only thing bearable on the McDonald's menu is the breakfast even though I can feel my heart die with every bite of a sausage McMuffin.

Also: I don't appreciate Doughboys scheduling a live show in town at the exact same time I'm in Chicago for Pitchfork Midwinter. Zero (pitch)forks.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Popete posted:

Weirdly, McDonald's breakfast is maybe the only thing they make that doesn't make me feel like poo poo afterwards. At least the classic Egg McMuffin/Hashbrown combo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Currently tripping balls inside a McDonald’s mourning the passing of the McRib with a tweaker. The fact that the sausage biscuit doesn’t come with cheese is some bullshit.

Phone autocorrect properly capitalizes the word McRib by the way. I hate this world so much.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Currently tripping balls inside a McDonald’s mourning the passing of the McRib with a tweaker. The fact that the sausage biscuit doesn’t come with cheese is some bullshit.

Phone autocorrect properly capitalizes the word McRib by the way. I hate this world so much.
sir this is a podcast thread

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I used to always get McDonalds hotcakes as a kid. I still like them but now my go-to is a bacon & egg mcmuffin meal with OJ. I hear people say that sausage and egg is the way to go. Maybe I need to eat some of the deluxe one with both, whatever tf it's called, and evaluate this

the ham and cheese pocket is a good side for $2 or whatever it is

My friend always adds his hash brown to his breakfast burger. It's a good move but I like having it on the side too and I never remember/wait to add it

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 5, 2019

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

It is bullshit, I agree. But you can add cheese to anything for 45 cents more or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Happy Lu Year, bitch!