Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I heard that in E:D you can get autolanding modules really cheap and easy but that seems insane to me because half of the fun of that game is trying to land your ridiculous space bus in a parking spot past a rotating hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

food court bailiff posted:

I heard that in E:D you can get autolanding modules really cheap and easy but that seems insane to me because half of the fun of that game is trying to land your ridiculous space bus in a parking spot past a rotating hole

It plays Blue Danube when it kicks in though so it's great.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

is there a bunch of poo poo to buy expansion wise for E:D or is most of it free if you have horizons or w/e the planet one was? gently caress, i wanna dust off my HOTAS and fly around a bit

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if you have horizons you've got everything

e: here's the thread for e:d in gamnes https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851346

the milk machine fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 5, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

idk who it was that asked for more trip reports but uhhhhh I played the game again. It's really great now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnxJPCCl2os

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Beet Wagon posted:

idk who it was that asked for more trip reports but uhhhhh I played the game again. It's really great now:

I love your videos.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Great video

But sorry I had to skip the middle 5 or 6 minutes. I simply couldn't watch the snails pace approach into the planet surface

But thank you for Skipping the 13 minute jump (twice)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Blue On Blue posted:

Great video

But sorry I had to skip the middle 5 or 6 minutes. I simply couldn't watch the snails pace approach into the planet surface

But thank you for Skipping the 13 minute jump (twice)

It’s okay, that’s the optimal way to view it lol. I leave some of that poo poo in because it really highlights how fuckin tedious every single part of this game is, and everybody else trims it out to make the game look good.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The Protagonist posted:

It plays Blue Danube when it kicks in though so it's great.

Auto landing module is great, and gently caress all the forum dads who think less of people for using it. I'm not traversing 30,000 light years only to get stuck in a mail slot and lose all my exploration data when station security blows up my exploraconda.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
aside from flying around has croberts said what actual gameplay is gonna be like in star citizen (other than just saying yes to every feature)

like doesn't cryengine limit the number of players on a server to 64 or 128 or something? so it can't be a huge persistent universe like eve, so will there be like quests? deathmatch kinda stuff? is the focus on pvp or pve?

basically is there gonna be content or just a bunch of overbaked art assets and motherfuckers taking subway trains to nowhere with their dick in their hand

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

get me HQ! posted:

aside from flying around has croberts said what actual gameplay is gonna be like in star citizen (other than just saying yes to every feature)

like doesn't cryengine limit the number of players on a server to 64 or 128 or something? so it can't be a huge persistent universe like eve, so will there be like quests? deathmatch kinda stuff? is the focus on pvp or pve?

basically is there gonna be content or just a bunch of overbaked art assets and motherfuckers taking subway trains to nowhere with their dick in their hand

Search your feelings. You know the answer.

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015
They stated from the first mention that this game will take place in the year 2942. Why do some people get so upset about the release date, it's only 2018?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

food court bailiff posted:

is there a bunch of poo poo to buy expansion wise for E:D or is most of it free if you have horizons or w/e the planet one was? gently caress, i wanna dust off my HOTAS and fly around a bit

I have come and gone from ED for years. Play it for a while, go play other stuff, then new expansions come out and I play it a bunch again. Right now if you have Horizons a fairly huge expansion is coming out Tuesday. It’s going to own, there are going to be large scale combat zones where bunches of npcs fight bunches of alien Thargoids and capital ships jump in sometimes to counter. They are always really fun activities to do either with wingmen or people playing in the other bridge positions of your ship or flying your fighter.

ED is also objectively beautiful and walks all over SC in terms of exploration and actually feeling like your in space.

Here are some of my old adventures:

Hail the neutron star highway

And, be wary of binary star systems, they can take the paint off

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love your videos.

thanks friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cWpu6K6zk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

get me HQ! posted:

Collecting boxes

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm pumped as poo poo to collect some boxes

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

dreadmojo posted:

Collecting boxes
Don't forget waiting for trains.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

I seriously lost it when the door opened during warp, and then, well, wow.

FIDELITY

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Don't forget waiting for trains.

Awwww shitt

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

No matter how many times the Stimpire story has been reposted, I can't scroll past it without reading it again. I wonder if the author puts out cigarettes on his dick.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wait, isn't FTL travel physically impossible?
MY IMMERSION!!!!!1111

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
What is the reason given by Chris Roberts for FTL travel being so goddamn slow?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DropsySufferer posted:

Bigger ships go through FTL faster then smaller ships.

BUY BIGGER SHIPS! YOU DON"T WANT TO BE A POOR rear end SLOWBOATER DO YOU!!?!?!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pre-order my new 'Daily Commute Simulator' and get a free* virtual wristwatch!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

DropsySufferer posted:

Uh, well, realism dictates that travel time take longer for smaller ships because their engines and stuff is smaller, see? The fidelity here is incredibly important

*sweats profusely*

It has nothing to do with the fact that we want to make people buy bigger ships to avoid the long travel times NOR does it have anything to do with the fact that we have no content in the game so travel times need to be exhaustively long, to pad out the "gameplay." (Flying to empty areas and picking up boxes)

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It’s pretty frustrating going from No Mans Sky, where you can get from a planet’s surface to space in about four seconds, to Elite where it takes ages to get anywhere.

Star Citizen makes Elite look fast paced.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

By popular demand posted:

Wait, isn't FTL travel physically impossible?
MY IMMERSION!!!!!1111

Of course Star Citizen isn't out. It is approaching Earth with a realistic travel time of hundreds of years. You idiot. You absolute moron.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I saw someone in a video had a dog. Like, a fallout companion dog. How much did that cost.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

3 human souls and your firstborn.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
How many actual places are there in the game and how big they are? Like if you don't count the padding of FTL and atmospheric travel, and you don't pretend that randomly-generated planet surfaces are "content", how long would it take to walk/fly around and see everything that's in the game right now?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

feelix posted:

How many actual places are there in the game and how big they are? Like if you don't count the padding of FTL and atmospheric travel, and you don't pretend that randomly-generated planet surfaces are "content", how long would it take to walk/fly around and see everything that's in the game right now?

There’s a crater that’s as big as Skyrim somewhere. You might wonder who gives a dick about a massive hole full of nothing but that’s your FUD goonie brain being an SJW or some dumb bullshit

Furia fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 6, 2018

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
srs replies only

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Blind Rasputin posted:

I have come and gone from ED for years. Play it for a while, go play other stuff, then new expansions come out and I play it a bunch again.

I haven't played E:D in a year, and this new expansion looks like I could play it for about 5 hours before I get bored?

-They made mining asteroids suck a little less (why are you mining rocks in a spaceship game don't be an idiot)
-They made exploring planets a little more interactive (yes go explore galaxy, quite beautiful and surviving a trip then returning home causes feels)
-They gave you some more excuses to do spaceship combat (ok but y tho ... there are no stakes except having to pay insurance if you get blowed up)
-They added grind for SPECIAL SPACE PEWS. Even the grognards say this grind is serious internet space business.

They also messed up hilariously several times, like spawning alien attacks in no-combat zones so if you pew at the bad guys the game declares you an outlaw and bans you from landing at the space gas station.

Meanwhile in Star Citizen... uh... face tracking?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Elderbean posted:

This but with space cargo.

But Germans already got tired of waiting for Star Citizen and made X4:Foundations

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Germans are odd but they have great snack food for long gaming sessions.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

By popular demand posted:

The Germans are odd but they have great snack food for long gaming sessions.

Beer?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And soft pretzels.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I could eat soft pretzels like homer on that donut machine in hell.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Ok, why is there an option to pop the canopy/extend the cockpit ladder if you're not getting in? Just to have useless greebles a la the helmet poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Does this game not have hotkeys? Every video it seems like the player is pointing and clicking on every option manually.