Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Wheres the breakdown on if its cheaper to be MC or CEO for the daily bills, which properties save you money by renting instead of buying, if it really works to quit your MC at 23:58 and then restart it at 12:02 to skip fees, we need information!

Oh hey, double 1.5x on I/E sales this week, and 50% off of special cargo- to break up the grind of client jobs(still double this week lol). ALso looks like double on special vehicle work which is the uhhhhhhh ones with like ruiner 200, rocket voltic, phantom wedge etc? Deluxo, jetpack, stromberg, ruiner 2000 are on sale, lot of car mods, ammo and MK II on sale too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
I've been avoiding utility fees entirely by idling in my apartment watching TV during the Editor and Thief contact mission. Since this is how the vast majority of my Nightclub, Bunker and MC businesses stock is produced, I haven't cared much about the exact breakdown. Given that I usually have to be either MC or CEO for whatever work I'm doing, trying to switch around isn't worth whatever small advantage.

For the Weed sale mission where you drive a truck and get a contact high, shooting out the Windows to clear the smoke doesn't work, but drinking a pisswasser does change the effect from High to Drunk, which some argue makes it slightly easier. Always set a waypoint at the start. Quite certain a Cargobob can't lift the Truck, doubt a rebreather or Scuba suit would help but I'll try it.

Also I know Weed is bad and not worth the time but it was 40% off, for upgrades also, it will be the first MC I shut down once I lose interest. The only upside is because product loss for restarts is based on the units of product and Weed produces a lot, you lose only like 3.75% for each restart.

I also updated my post on the Mule Method for completing the 4 Baggers MC sell mission solo on at the bottom of page 41. After 18 attempts with mixed results, the last 4 have been fully successful but I want further verification. But even at best it's still serious business and not a good idea for casuals. When successful it's saved me about 8 minutes.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 14, 2018

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

When you do shut it down, remember to keep at least a tiny sliver of supplies. That should stop the calls of YOU NEED SUPPLIES from LJT for that business at least

edit: If you shut it down, then you can't produce weed in the club

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 14, 2018

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Eregos posted:

For the Weed sale mission where you drive a truck and get a contact high, shooting out the Windows to clear the smoke doesn't work, but drinking a pisswasser does change the effect from High to Drunk, which some argue makes it slightly easier. Always set a waypoint at the start. Quite certain a Cargobob can't lift the Truck, doubt a rebreather or Scuba suit would help but I'll try it.

When I got that mission, some guy in a jet fighter started following me at super-close range. I'm convinced he was going to blow me up but was entertained by the loony driving I was doing.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I'm now extremely confident that Sessionsweeper's impact, at least for me, is cumulative to a degree. The app doesn't let you start it up unless GTA 5 is running, but you can leave Sessionsweeper running & locked and close and restart GTA 5. When I restart GTA 5 in this state, I never see another person ever. On the other hand if I unlock a session, do some stuff with people, clear the session, lock it, then find a new session, there seems to be some chance for a few sessions/hours thereafter somebody will join. But after a while it's back to total immunity from ever seeing anyone until I unlock. It's made selling extremely tranquil.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Eregos posted:

I'm now extremely confident that Sessionsweeper's impact, at least for me, is cumulative to a degree. The app doesn't let you start it up unless GTA 5 is running, but you can leave Sessionsweeper running & locked and close and restart GTA 5. When I restart GTA 5 in this state, I never see another person ever. On the other hand if I unlock a session, do some stuff with people, clear the session, lock it, then find a new session, there seems to be some chance for a few sessions/hours thereafter somebody will join. But after a while it's back to total immunity from ever seeing anyone until I unlock. It's made selling extremely tranquil.

Ah yes, because tranquility is exactly what I'm after in this game about stealing cars & killing hookers.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i heard the opressor mk III is coming out soon. it has a button that remotely detonates every cargo crate or i/e car on the map. you can become immune to it though if you subscribe to rockstars new monthly "games as a service" service and also get a facial tattoo of their logo irl.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Ah yes, because tranquility is exactly what I'm after in this game about stealing cars & killing hookers.

Hey dude, let the man play his multiplayer game as a singleplayer game for some unfathomable reason! He gains enjoyment from it somehow! Nevermind that he could achieve basically the same thing in a modded singleplayer game, he's not interested in such fallacies, just let him do his thing!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Hey dude, let the man play his multiplayer game as a singleplayer game for some unfathomable reason! He gains enjoyment from it somehow! Nevermind that he could achieve basically the same thing in a modded singleplayer game, he's not interested in such fallacies, just let him do his thing!

I get more enjoyment from playing solo than I do from , for example, getting orbed by the only other player in the session while I'm just doing a resupply mission for my bunker. Which actually happened.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

There's a lot of fathomable reasons. Such as not getting blown up by hackers during sell missions, having hackers do other terrible poo poo that wrecks your game, not getting killed by griefers during sell missions. Additionally, Rockstar has kept a great deal of content locked to multiplayer, though I haven't investigated mods that try to bring it to singleplayer anyways because part of the point is to make money in Online where I can interact with others.. and I do, just not when trying to seriously make money. The GTA community has been pointing out Rockstar's errors in incentivizing solo money making for a couple years now, they're right, but I don't really mind as I see it as an extension of the singleplayer. YET ANOTHER FAG is the least subtle troll I've seen in a while, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Eregos posted:

YET ANOTHER FAG is the least subtle troll I've seen in a while, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

:feelsgood:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Eregos posted:

YET ANOTHER FAG is the least subtle troll I've seen in a while, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

It's starting to make a whole lot of sense why you use session sweeper in GTA:Online :allears:

My Akula has been collecting a whole lot of dust; maybe you can help with that? :clint:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
there's so many cheaters in GTA you can just talk to one on the mic and ask them to give you 100 million dollars and a lot of times they will because the economy has been broken for years

i'm pretty sure this actually takes less effort than grinding missions in a desolate map and i've never been banned for it despite accepting corrupt cyber bucks repeatedly

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

birdman still lives

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
lol at your av/title

when I was playing elite, my anaconda was called "don't want none"

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I want to break out the drat turkey hats tomorrow but probably gonna have to wait till the Xmas stores open up :(

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

coupedeville posted:

birdman still lives

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is there any point in getting the Avenger if I already have the MOC? I think I have only the base unlocked in the MOC.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

Is there any point in getting the Avenger if I already have the MOC? I think I have only the base unlocked in the MOC.

No, they do the same job. You need to own a facility to own an Avenger though.

also, another week without new stuff so this dumb dead game is dead and also dumb now.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

No, they do the same job. You need to own a facility to own an Avenger though.

also, another week without new stuff so this dumb dead game is dead and also dumb now.

Counterpoint: the avenger flies, can go autopilot, has great weapons & is the aerial equivalent of a tank, complete with poo poo tons of HP.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Counterpoint: the avenger flies, can go autopilot, has great weapons & is the aerial equivalent of a tank, complete with poo poo tons of HP.

counter-counter point, it still gets loving blitzed in a second by a hydra. the MOC cab is even tankier. and can run over dudes and drive almost completely underwater.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I always play this game for about 3 weeks every 6 months with a couple friends and the first 2 is remembering what we have and can do.

I have a bunker and the MOC, so I won't buy the Avenger. I have almost no missions unlocked in the MOC. Are they unlocked from selling supplies you research in the bunker? I'm bad at the game and we never do anything but missions, heists and CEO stuff so I'm rarely in a public session

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The MOC and the Avenger are pretty fair trade offs, they both do the same thing as stated above- weapons workshop being the main draw for either of them. I don't think any of the weaponized vehicles can ONLY be upgraded in one or the other, so there's no advantage there or need for both. Its been a while but IIRC after you steal or buy x number of supplies, it unlocks a new mission or two, every 4 or 8 supply runs opens the next tier. And then after so many missions, thats what gets you the trade price on vehicles?

Holy crap the Volatol is a big plane. When it first spawned it was in the middle of a 'fly under the bridges' challenge, and I had to keep skimming the belly on the water as I went under stuff so it didn't count, or the supports were too narrow to make it through. Seems fun though, I was following a pubbie doing IE, intentionally staying just far enough behind that as I dropped each volley of bombs I could almost hear his sphincter puckering

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
you can park a fun battle vehicle in the avenger, fly it wherever, go autopilot, walk into the back, get in the vehicle, and drive it out of the goddam plane

yes you should get it.

hover bombing off radar ftw

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

On the other hand, the MOC cab is like a wrecking ball through traffic.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I've discovered it's possible to deliver all 4 bikes simultaneously solo if you get the Cocaine sell mission with a secondary dropoff. I recorded the ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsR0Gq6g65w My full explanation is bottom of page 41, Cocaine sell option 3. I did need to take a Bagger to the initial location, lose the cops then go back to the lockup. Suffice to say it's too much work for the average player, but it is neat. I'm up to 6 successes in a row with the mule method.

In other news I've got $25m and basically all the vehicles and properties I need, transitioning now to pure passive income, what's left is to run through doomsday heists. I'll need a crew but given activity levels here I'll probably have to look for partners in a more active community.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 21, 2018

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Eregos posted:

I've discovered it's possible to deliver all 4 bikes simultaneously solo if you get the Cocaine sell mission with a secondary dropoff. I recorded the ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsR0Gq6g65w My full explanation is bottom of page 41, Cocaine sell option 3. I did need to take a Bagger to the initial location, lose the cops then go back to the lockup. Suffice to say it's too much work for the average player, but it is neat. I'm up to 6 successes in a row with the mule method.

In other news I've got $25m and basically all the vehicles and properties I need, transitioning now to pure passive income, what's left is to run through doomsday heists. I'll need a crew but given activity levels here I'll probably have to look for partners in a more active community.

I'm amazed with your stunning personality you don't have a whole gang of people banging down your door to heist with you.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I'm amazed with your stunning personality you don't have a whole gang of people banging down your door to heist with you.

hey leave gta ulillillia alone.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Jose Mengelez posted:

hey leave gta ulillillia alone.

:drat:

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

As Scott Brown would say, Bqhatevwr. There's a bunch of bonuses this week, including $750k just for signing on, $100k for each day, $1.35m for all 7 days, and double money on all MC businesses, plus a bunch of discounts, for anyone interested.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
holy poo poo even your references are tedious

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Ran into a bug I can't find anything out about resolving. I can't mod cars anymore. When I go to the mod shops, the garage opens up, and I can drive right on in, but not load the actual shop. I can just do burnouts inside the garage, watch other people pop in and change their cars, but not do anything myself. Any ideas?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Slickdrac posted:

Ran into a bug I can't find anything out about resolving. I can't mod cars anymore. When I go to the mod shops, the garage opens up, and I can drive right on in, but not load the actual shop. I can just do burnouts inside the garage, watch other people pop in and change their cars, but not do anything myself. Any ideas?

Is this happening even over multiple sessions? As in fully exiting the game and then going back in. There are some hack/mods that can persist across lobbys. You may want to exit and reboot, then check in Steam to verify game files. If it goes beyond that or youre on PS/Xbone then probably want to open a support ticket

Do you have a CEO office with garage that you are able to make car changes in, or one of the super vehicles(MOC or Avenger) that you can use on appropriate vehicles?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've been playing around with Gunrunning research since I found out you can idle in your apartment overnight. Are any of the weaponized vehicles worth anything, other than the Oppressor? I've unlocked all of the weaponized Tampa stuff through the magic of RNG.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Medullah posted:

I've been playing around with Gunrunning research since I found out you can idle in your apartment overnight. Are any of the weaponized vehicles worth anything, other than the Oppressor? I've unlocked all of the weaponized Tampa stuff through the magic of RNG.

The weaponized Tampa is great for doing missions solo. It doesn't have as much armor or damage resistance like the kuruma or insurgent, but it's got a mounted machine gun that only the driver can control.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

The weaponized Tampa is great for doing missions solo. It doesn't have as much armor or damage resistance like the kuruma or insurgent, but it's got a mounted machine gun that only the driver can control.
And if you shoot behind you your car goes faster. :thumbsup:

I am most proud of my tampa collection.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Tampa Party!

USA USA

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I would second this, any vehicle where you can control the gun while driving is marvellous. I drive the basic nightclub truck around because it's got a gun on top.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The nightclub Speedo is cool as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is fist fighting online broke as hell? I got sucker punched to death by one goddamn punch and I need to know how this happened before I challenge anyone in a bar ever again.