Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Brightman posted:

I'll have to check out that first spot, that could save even more time and if it is LM instead of SM then there's another stack of fish entirely. Thanks.

It is (was?) a real good spot. Each cast with the river lure gets at min, SHT or LMB. If you cast with no strikes, you can just turn 90 degrees and be in a whole new spawn location for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60735/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Week-1-Update

Today we are starting to implement the first set of adjustments to the game including changes specifically geared towards creating a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions. These include:

Increasing the cash and gold payments across a number of different activities including Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes and more.

Reducing the prices of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue and Gunsmiths. For players that have already purchased weapons at the previous prices, we will automatically deposit the difference to player balances starting today - please look for an alert message the next time you log in to the Red Dead Online Beta to notify you of this change, refunds may take up until December 10th to reach all players.

Balancing the values of select pelts, skins and fish as well as horse reviver and pamphlets.

Of course our efforts to improve and balance the Red Dead Online Beta will continue. We are conscious of and still evaluating an assortment of further adjustments based on feedback from the community. We are currently working on fixes for some persistent bugs that are causing some players to be kicked from sessions, and we aim to have fixes for these live next week. We will also continue to review all the feedback and suggestions so please keep them coming to reddeadonline.com/feedback. 

As an added thank you for playing and helping us through the beta period, we're also awarding everyone that joined in to play the Red Dead Online Beta at any point through midnight PST today with a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving today and will hit all eligible players by Friday, December 14th.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I ended up ignoring satchels and I feel it was the right choice. At no point was the single player so hard that I ever needed more than 3 of anything at a time, and I wisely spent the time I saved from beaver patrolling on more fruitful pursuits like trying and failing to rob trains

I hate the feeling of being full on some inventory item, and I like hunting, so I did them and had fun doing so.

Seriously single player is so easy though you never remotely need it.

Multi on the other hand makes you really value your resources. Luckily you start with basically max carrying capacity anyhow.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vox Nihili posted:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60735/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Week-1-Update

Today we are starting to implement the first set of adjustments to the game including changes specifically geared towards creating a more balanced, fun and rewarding overall experience, across all modes and missions.

As an added thank you for playing and helping us through the beta period, we're also awarding everyone that joined in to play the Red Dead Online Beta at any point through midnight PST today with a gift of RDO$250 and 15 Gold Bars. Gifts should start arriving today and will hit all eligible players by Friday, December 14th.

Goddamn, that's great, didn't expect such quick action from R*.

Also they patched the servers so you can't get shot while talking to NPCs, they're learning fast.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I seriously can't believe not only are they lowering prices but they're refunding us the difference if we already bought guns.

And so fast after release, this is seriously promising for RDR Online's support lifecycle.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
The fishing payouts were nerfed, apparently.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I'm all for making stranger missions online pay more but uhh.... do they work now?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

15 gold bars!? Here I come donegal sweater!

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

I seriously can't believe not only are they lowering prices but they're refunding us the difference if we already bought guns.

That's exceptionally decent.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Wow, that all sounds great once you get through it all. Fun to go from "gently caress" to "gently caress yes" on the gun's being reduced in price but refunds will be a thing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

zooted heh posted:

I'm all for making stranger missions online pay more but uhh.... do they work now?

Works on my machine :cheeky:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've not played much MP yet, not to the point I've seen anyone else, but my plan is to look like Cactus Jack and collide my horse into other people's horses and then brawl with them. That sound okay?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Re: fanning

If you want to try it on a real life revolver, make sure you have the owner's permission first. It won't cause any sort of "jam", but running the hammer hard and fast is not super great for the internals in the long term. Also don't do what a guy borrowing one of mine did and cut the side of your hand open against the corner of the hammer. Or go head and do it, because it was pretty funny.

The actual, non-movie way to shoot quickly is to run the hammer with your left thumb.

:clint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8F0GYSxNU

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
With cheaper weapons floating around, I'm expecting more murder posses. I can have fun killin' too, but I'd rather not get popped when I'm fishing. I hope they let us do private rooms soon.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im loving pissed the bounty limit in singleplayer is $1500, lol

Empire State posted:

With cheaper weapons floating around, I'm expecting more murder posses. I can have fun killin' too, but I'd rather not get popped when I'm fishing. I hope they let us do private rooms soon.

word, how do I play cowboy on ps4 with goons?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Works on my machine :cheeky:

dang. I can't get them to ever start. I go through the cut scene or the talking part and they don't give me a objective and all quest icons disappear from the map. I gotta relog.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Empire State posted:

Boooo

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
I'm a big ol' carebear with a horsey named Barleycakes.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

did ppl forget that you couldn't do your businesses (the major money making activities) in private servers on console in gta online?

The only way you could get into a server by yourself at one point was to change your ip settings in the ps4 menu while in a full lobby. It would kick you out and throw you in a server where random could still join.

Can't wait till they add the horse wrangler side business and ppl find out that it's by design you have to do all that in open servers.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope they do private rooms and don’t restrict your activities too much. I’m playing around with gtao finally but I have to lag out the public sessions to do business stuff because I am a coward. But lots of other people are too so maybe rockstar will cater to us this time (I know they won’t but I can dream)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You'll log into free roam with other players, then in addition to selecting a new server from the menu, you'll have an option to go to a private server for one gold bar.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

That's awesome.

Look how much goodwill can be bought for free, other game companies. Those are digital currencies you can print out an unlimited number. Just stop being asswads.

500 fuckin' atoms lol

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

word, how do I play cowboy on ps4 with goons?

goons get in here

https://discord.gg/9NVRKy

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

pretty stoked im not only getting the difference in weapon costs refunded, but $250 and 15 gold bars for free wowee

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I saw some dude peacefully fishing on the river and shot him in the head from a distance - sorry bro I couldn't resist

I have fun taking the occasional potshot but following someone around to repeatedly gently caress with them is lame as hell imo

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008

Empire State posted:

I'm a big ol' carebear with a horsey named Barleycakes.

Every horse I own is named Dave. Male, female, doesn't matter. They all be Dave.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does money/gold stay with your account if you create a new character? I've been thinking of starting over and if not I'll have to do it before they drop the gifts.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
This owns because as an ultimate purchaser I didn't have to spend real money on any of my weapons lol. But they're not doing refunds for any of the other dumb poo poo I bought. So I guess 250 smackeroos and fifteen gold bars sounds real nice to me!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That's the best news! Better than I expected, even. ❤️

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Luccion posted:

Every horse I own is named Dave. Male, female, doesn't matter. They all be Dave.

Mine is Barbara since my character is literally Jeb! She's a fighter.

Also looking forward to unlocking the highly thematic Slow and Steady deadeye ability at lvl 24, which lets you survive headshots when active.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Weapons prices were bad but I could accept those. Clothing options being level locked and having crazy prices is my problem. Everyone want to dress up their cowgirl/boy the way they want and locking all that stuff behind high level requirements and even worse money costs is just bananas to me.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I sold all of my cigarette cards cause it cluttered up my inventory and I totally thought it'd keep the count of what I had gotten. Whoops.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

cage-free egghead posted:

I sold all of my cigarette cards cause it cluttered up my inventory and I totally thought it'd keep the count of what I had gotten. Whoops.

Yeah I kind of hate that the game lets you do that. Feels like a trap

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just gotta smoke more for more cigarette box loot cards *smiles in 1800s bankster fashion*

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Finally got the Legend of East Satchel. It was hell though because I ended up getting a beaver in the DOA area. I thought oh they dont mind being in a pixel in that area do they? Soon as I start skinning, they loving spawn showering bullets at me while I try to run away with a pelt in my hand.

Thankfully there was a another 3 star beaver once I respawned.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Does money/gold stay with your account if you create a new character? I've been thinking of starting over and if not I'll have to do it before they drop the gifts.

It did before the update. Don't know if it still does buy my guess is yes and that is WAI.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is it possible for Arthur to get the benefits of a bandolier without actually having it show up on his character? The bandolier hangs kinda weirdly on the character model and the ammo shown in it seems to change from scene to scene. In short it is messing with ~my immersion~. The outfit interface is a particularly bad bit of UI so I can’t tell if once you buy the bandolier you get the extra ammo or if it needs to be physically present on your outfit (I suspect the latter).

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

You always have the benefits of all of the equipment you've ever gotten, even if it's not equipped.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

lol at people loudly bitching about fish prices

i guess people just wanted to fish grind nonstop for the next few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

yeah anybody who expected a grind that worked monday to be effective forever was uh not paying attention