Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Is it normal that the archwing controls like complete rear end?
I've been trying to do the rush mission but not only am I bumping into everything on the way (and taking damage), at the end you only have a few seconds to shoot those shield drones before you can even touch the transports.:bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I think it took me three tries to get that one. Yeah, gently caress the Archwing, and I say that as someone that lives a stone's throw from their studio. :canada:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

How big a stone? Big enough to write "hurry up with the console version of Fortuna" on it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

About a fifteen minute walk away, or 3-5 by bus.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
catalyst alert. 1 hr to go!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Archwing has nothing on underwater Neptune. Good job on making the most frustrating gameplay I've experienced in a long time!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Apparently they said on the Switch stream just now that Fortuna is in cert for the console versions.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Apparently they said on the Switch stream just now that Fortuna is in cert for the console versions.

All consoles? I though Switch wasn't parity yet.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

http://reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a3d3zl/fortuna_for_ps4_and_xbox_sent_for_certs_today/

Not switch, my bad.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Well that’s unexpected and awesome, I don’t have as much time to play as I used to. Sorry, sorties! You’re on the chopping block!

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
Can I please get an invite to the PS4 clan? IGN: ChairmanPow1

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fortuna coming to PS4/XB1 on December 10th, just announced now at TGAs.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Add me on switch : BungHoleWarrior :3:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Markorjoshua posted:

Add me on switch : BungHoleWarrior :3:

Added, the Discord's in the OP.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 7, 2018

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Switch has let me play more often due to flexibility so I ended up finally doing the Second Dream. Man I didn't know this game had this much story. I'm deep diving the lore now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s good op

Ex Nihilo
Jul 31, 2013

Saviour of Wrexham
Could I get an invite to the PS4 clan? I'm RandomAmalgam in game.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
PS4 invites sent. Janana is an efficient inactive culler and we have plenty of space.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

trashops on switch whazzzzzzzzaaaaaaap

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Check above and join discord and we will invite you to the clan!!!!

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

installing fortuna update now. steve has a twitch stream going on also.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I wish I had a way to remotely turn on my PS4 and get it downloaded while I’m at work.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I wish I had a way to remotely turn on my PS4 and get it downloaded while I’m at work.
I'm pretty sure if you have ps+ and the app you can do that.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ah, I would have had to have previously paired my PS4 with the phone app. So not something I can do today, shucks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Few questions:

1) How can I help contribute to the Switch clan?

2) I want to get some more Warframe slots (aka spending :20bux:), how many is a good number to have?

3) Is it worth to use Forma on non-prime Warframes? I love my Excalibur, but I know there is an Excalibur prime who is suppose to be pretty great.

4) I am Mastery 6, besides mastery fodder weapons, which melee weapons should I be going for? When I get the pro controller and get used to the gyro I will start to use guns in a better way (because my brain cannot wrap itself around the concept shooting without a mouse).

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Mesadoram posted:

Few questions:

2) I want to get some more Warframe slots (aka spending :20bux:), how many is a good number to have?

3) Is it worth to use Forma on non-prime Warframes? I love my Excalibur, but I know there is an Excalibur prime who is suppose to be pretty great.

4) I am Mastery 6, besides mastery fodder weapons, which melee weapons should I be going for? When I get the pro controller and get used to the gyro I will start to use guns in a better way (because my brain cannot wrap itself around the concept shooting without a mouse).

1. I just promoted you to a Racon so you can start research. There's 4 labs past the room with the big gently caress off statue, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs, that you can start research in, contribute resources to, and purchase blueprints we've already researched. Go hog wild.

3. Excal prime is a PC exclusive from what I understand, and many prime frames are vaulted for an unknown quantity of time. If you like the frame a lot, go ahead and forma it and/or potato it for more mod power. Forma blueprints are cheap and plentiful anyway.

4. Melee is apparently in a weird place where an update is supposedly coming soon-ish to rebalance it a lot, so it's kind of hard to say. In general, use what feels good to use. It's a lot more personal taste than any specific must-haves in a lot of cases, but I'm sure the discord will be happy to tell you of something is objectively awful.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Excalibur Prime is generally a PC-exclusive Frame you could only get by buying it very early on in the game's lifespan in '12-'13. There IS an analogue to it though called Excalibur Umbra, which you can unlock later in the game's storyline. So you can forma that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Few questions:

1.) Participation. The clan Dojo requires all kinds of materials.

2.) I only ever buy slots when I'm pulling a new frame out of the oven, but I'm around two dozen including Primes, and they're all ones I like using. If there's a frame you have that you don't like, Master it, then retire it for a slot if you don't think you'll come back to it, or if you can replace it with a Prime version.

3.) Yes, especially the Aura slot at the top. I tend to keep mine for weapons though.

4.) Go with what fits your play style, but I always recommend high crit chance/melee spam weapons, like the Dual Keres/Obex/etc.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vegastar posted:

1. I just promoted you to a Racon so you can start research. There's 4 labs past the room with the big gently caress off statue, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs, that you can start research in, contribute resources to, and purchase blueprints we've already researched. Go hog wild.

3. Excal prime is a PC exclusive from what I understand, and many prime frames are vaulted for an unknown quantity of time. If you like the frame a lot, go ahead and forma it and/or potato it for more mod power. Forma blueprints are cheap and plentiful anyway.

4. Melee is apparently in a weird place where an update is supposedly coming soon-ish to rebalance it a lot, so it's kind of hard to say. In general, use what feels good to use. It's a lot more personal taste than any specific must-haves in a lot of cases, but I'm sure the discord will be happy to tell you of something is objectively awful.

Thank ya dude. I hate feeling like a free loader. I will see what I can do, I am not too high of a level or have a poo poo load of time but I will do my best. Also, thank you for the info.

Policenaut posted:

Excalibur Prime is generally a PC-exclusive Frame you could only get by buying it very early on in the game's lifespan in '12-'13. There IS an analogue to it though called Excalibur Umbra, which you can unlock later in the game's storyline. So you can forma that.

Well... that sucks. But it seems like Umbra is pretty sweet. Guess I need to stop pussy-footing and get on doing the main story.

Mister Facetious posted:

1.) Participation. The clan Dojo requires all kinds of materials.

2.) I only ever buy slots when I'm pulling a new frame out of the oven, but I'm around two dozen including Primes, and they're all ones I like using. If there's a frame you have that you don't like, Master it, then retire it for a slot if you don't think you'll come back to it, or if you can replace it with a Prime version.

3.) Yes, especially the Aura slot at the top. I tend to keep mine for weapons though.

4.) Go with what fits your play style, but I always recommend high crit chance/melee spam weapons, like the Dual Keres/Obex/etc.

Aura slot is important, duly noted. Also, I've been really digging the faster weapons. The slower ones require a degree of swing dedication that I can't say I like.

Thank you guys. Gotta say the Warframe community is quite an enigma. Everyone seems so... friendly. Then again I am coming from World of Tanks which has always been a cesspool of anger and depression.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Well... that sucks. But it seems like Umbra is pretty sweet. Guess I need to stop pussy-footing and get on doing the main story.
You really do. Let us know when you finish the Second Dream.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I got to Pluto with Hex and the sword you get for unlocking focus, but now I'm getting absolutely creamed unless I'm lucky enough to be in a group. Rhino warframe at max with reactor. What should I do to get stronger? Mods?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Mods, mainly. Mastery to access some of the more bitching weapons, but even a Hek or a Kohm are plenty deadly with the right mods. Also make sure you've got your head round the different damage types and what they're good against.

(e; worth asking in Clan/Alliance chat for any mods that aren't dropping for you )

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I started using Warframe Builder to help craft new builds once I realized that a generic mod set for Braton Prime wasn't going to work anymore. Now I have Arca Plasmor and Amprex destroying fools on the Index.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
What kinds of things should I know about trade etiquette? I'm selling a bunch of stuff on warframe.market, already made 127p :toot:

I guess I'm curious about if I'm the seller do we go to my dojo or do I offer to go to theirs? Is paying a clan tax implied in these kinds of sales? Is clan tax adjustable, to the point where I need to watch out about getting scammed at other dojo's?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

katkillad2 posted:

What kinds of things should I know about trade etiquette? I'm selling a bunch of stuff on warframe.market, already made 127p :toot:

I guess I'm curious about if I'm the seller do we go to my dojo or do I offer to go to theirs? Is paying a clan tax implied in these kinds of sales? Is clan tax adjustable, to the point where I need to watch out about getting scammed at other dojo's?

What things did you trade? I want to make some plat but I am not sure if I have anything of value :smith:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If you (or in general anyone new here) don't already know, you need 1 million credits to pay a tax if you're trading for any Primed mods. It's kind of rude to agree to a trade and get caught without enough to make it. I once missed out on an extremely cheap Primed Flow because of that :sigh:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

What things did you trade? I want to make some plat but I am not sure if I have anything of value :smith:
Sell rare mods you have duplicates of, sell prime parts and sell Baro items once he's gone. Look up the prices of things on warframe.market, but make sure it's set to the console of your choice, and not PC, because console prices are a lot lower than PC.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Mesadoram posted:

To go along with what else was said, the mods available from alerts can occasionally be valuable. I got 25p for my Corrosive Projection. ( I bought my first one, so no shade for not giving it to a goon I'm just getting my money back :smith:. )

I kind of rushed some of the faction stuff and got 50p for a faction specific mod.

Depending on how much your time is worth, I listed probably 50 mods worth 2-5p and people are occasionally buying them.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sell rare mods you have duplicates of, sell prime parts and sell Baro items once he's gone. Look up the prices of things on warframe.market, but make sure it's set to the console of your choice, and not PC, because console prices are a lot lower than PC.

I'm obviously no expert, but in the case of the Switch release it's kind of the opposite. There's definitely a Switch tax. People who are copying over to the Switch who have stuff nobody can get pretty much get to set the price.

edit: at least for some things

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 13, 2018

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

The clan tax is definitely adjustable. I believe I can change ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Today I checked and Fortuna is available on the PS4!.

Why nobody has told me!.

Had some time to test two sort missions. Baby stuff.

The first impression is... strange, it kinds of feel like a different game. I made me want better subtitles, the current ones don't stand out enough and I am missing what the characters say. I am going to read a wiki to figure out what I was doing.

Venus feel promising, but a bit too urbanized for my tastes, not enough natural life. I wanted to make cool photos of cool animals, and I saw none.

I did got lost in a cave, and the cave was beautiful, but I want to see animals, possibly potential new pets.