Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

remember
Nov 23, 2006
For my sanity, I usually tag the library on my first character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Tai posted:

Yes but a little clunky. Keeping up more stacks that you need to if you have poo poo gear as a league starter can get boring (for some people). It's a popular second character once you can dump money into it so you can keep 2-4 stacks up for clearing with good gear and then then 10 stack and rape bosses.

gross

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
You don't really need much in terms of gems outside your main skill before Act 6 anyway.

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
So I pretty much do melee ssf except last league where I started with enki's arc but for this league I'm thinking of starting this build, can I get some opinions on it? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255487

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I'm always wary of summon builds that don't have spectres just because of clear speed. Zombies are great tanks and skeles do good single-target/small area damage but solar guards are really hard to beat for trash clearing. And it also looks like they don't want to run AG for more buffs because of the 'no-uniques' philosophy.
For that build it looks more set on surviving instead of absolute speed and pretty much tailor-made for SSF if you're doing that again.

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
oh yeah I've been SSF since harbinger? The one after breach and I'm keeping at that, I'm pretty much just trying to find more builds so I don't just end up farming an oni at the start of the league again because that sucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looking at delve Poe ninja, self cast arc was relatively common.

The only change as mentioned was Inpulsa went from 10% explosions to 5%.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Inpulsas and Loreweave are still both insanely good and I expect them to make up an even bigger percentage of use this league.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pretty much settled for a artic breath occultist as my starter this round. Gonna go life, transition to heavy energy once I get vile bastion, and depending on gear might go CI while I get everything ready for low life.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Mackers posted:

Procrastinating making my levelling cheat sheet for when you get gems and poo poo.

Don't wanna spend half my time going "When and where the gently caress do I get Gem X" like usual this time

If you have a build in mind that you have a builder link for, jam it into http://poe-roadmap.com and it lists skills, the level you get them, and the quest you need to complete to unlock them. I'm going to have this poo poo pinned open on monitor 2, along with a skill tree.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i'm sticking with 2h consecrated path jugg. worse comes to worse it won't be that far off molten strike jugg.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Karneios posted:

oh yeah I've been SSF since harbinger? The one after breach and I'm keeping at that, I'm pretty much just trying to find more builds so I don't just end up farming an oni at the start of the league again because that sucks

Then yeah that build is pretty well sorted for you. If you rng into proper AG gear and spectre stuff then swapping those in eventually would be my only change.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Mackers posted:

Procrastinating making my levelling cheat sheet for when you get gems and poo poo.

Don't wanna spend half my time going "When and where the gently caress do I get Gem X" like usual this time

Just use PoE roadmap. It’s loving great.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

I chickened out of my explosive arrow ignite build and going spectral throw deadeye.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Gonna do tri-curse Ice Spear Occultist using the new EB to cast while reserving all my mana. Hopefully Taryn's Shiver won't be too expensive at the start.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I'm sorry if I missed it, do we know when the patch will be available to start downloading?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Three hours prior. If you want to torrent the file for standalone clients, they put a link on their latest post.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
30ish minutes probably if you're lazy and want to let the patcher do it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
drat I'm playing the Steam version. Rip me I guess, that's ok.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

If I'm going to be playing SSF and not particularly experienced and want to chuck ice spears at stuff (non-totem), would I be better off going inquisitor or elementalist or perhaps occultist?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Does going Tabula->5l abyss chest-> loreweave (once I get a 6l shaper CoC bow) seem like a good idea or is the tabula->abyss chest jump too steep for a league starter?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Depending on how they tuned bestiary a rare 6l might not be a bad step up from tabula. Shroud will probably be expensive for a while.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shroud was incredibly cheap (relative to its rarity and previous cost) last league, so it probably wont be too bad.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Alright I think I've finally narrowed it down to Occultist BV or Phantasm Necro. Leaning Occultist BV cause you can still get lots of pack-clearing explosions without Inpulsa's and all the newly buffed chaos damage nodes.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Abyss is a zana mod now too so that might make it better. I had a hell of a time finding liches in delve.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Depending on how they tuned bestiary a rare 6l might not be a bad step up from tabula. Shroud will probably be expensive for a while.

Right, I forgot what it was called but knew it wasn't Lightpoacher.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Xeras posted:

Just use PoE roadmap. It’s loving great.

frankenbeans posted:

If you have a build in mind that you have a builder link for, jam it into http://poe-roadmap.com and it lists skills, the level you get them, and the quest you need to complete to unlock them. I'm going to have this poo poo pinned open on monitor 2, along with a skill tree.

I had somehow no idea this existed. Cheers lads!

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Chieftain vs Elementalist BV is just tankiness vs clear speed?

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Mackers posted:

I had somehow no idea this existed. Cheers lads!

De nada. I only found out about it myself a couple of hours ago.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Servers going down. Patching time soon

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Alright I think I've finally narrowed it down to Occultist BV or Phantasm Necro. Leaning Occultist BV cause you can still get lots of pack-clearing explosions without Inpulsa's and all the newly buffed chaos damage nodes.

Is Occultist BV as good a league starter as Elementalist? I was thinking of starting Elementalist and respeccing later once I had some currency built up.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Can I get a re-invite or put on the waitlist for the guild? Account name is WildNothing, TraxisRF if you need a character name.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Traxis posted:

Can I get a re-invite or put on the waitlist for the guild? Account name is WildNothing, TraxisRF if you need a character name.

Servers are down, you'll have to wait for launch

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

OK,

totems that cast brands

how big of a hole am I going to dig myself into?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Patch up on the launcher.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mikojan posted:

OK,

totems that cast brands

how big of a hole am I going to dig myself into?

This seems counter-synergistic considering that one of the new keystones forfeits 1 to totem maximum for an additional brand? I mean I'm sure you could make it work but it seems counter to what was intended from the perspective of someone who is still new to the game.

Edit: looking at it again a lot of the totem nodes also seem to be brand nodes now so nevermind I just am dumb, ignore me.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 7, 2018

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Every goddamn league I forget that for some reason they have to take the forums down when they take the game servers offline. How am I supposed to plan my builds :smith:

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 7, 2018

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Prel posted:

Chieftain vs Elementalist BV is just tankiness vs clear speed?

Pretty much. Chieftain also a much better bosskiller and doesn't care as much about gear (not that either build requires much/anything).

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I miss the sweet sweet sound of shatter and I want a good league starter that shatters but I'm really not sure about BV. I'm not sure if I've played BV since they lowered the stacks needed though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Arc mines or arc traps to start?
Never played a mine or trap character.