Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ROFL Octopus posted:

my last character was palutena of all characters :geno:

Yeah turns out vs mode character unlocks are on a set order and she's the final one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Is there a fast way to get the store to refill with Mii cloths and music?

Where can you buy music?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

jivjov posted:

Yeah turns out vs mode character unlocks are on a set order and she's the final one.

what's the order??

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Is there a goon discord for this game? I don't see one in the OP and I want to smash some bros with the Smashthread.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In that test, are the joycons connected in handheld or held freely? Is there a difference?

Not that it matters for me, I'm just curious.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Where can you buy music?

Store in the vault section.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

Holy poo poo, it's just as bad as it was in Splatoon 2. Godammit Nintendo. :sigh:

At least it isn't launch SF5 (which was about 7-8 frames?). Don't count on this improving though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Bottom Liner posted:

what's the order??

01. Ness
02. Zelda
03. Bowser
04. Pit
05. Inkling
06. Villager
07. Marth
08. Young Link
09. Wii Fit Trainer
10. Ice Climbers
11. Captain Falcon
12. Peach
13. Ryu
14. Ike
15. Jigglypuff
16. King K. Rool
17. Sonic
18. Simon
19. Zero Suit Samus
20. Little Mac
21. Isabelle
22. Shulk
23. Lucina
24. Wario
25. Ridley
26. Pokemon Trainer
27. Lucario
28. Daisy
29. Roy
30. King Dedede
31. R.O.B.
32. Falco
33. Luigi
34. Pichu
35. Richter
36. Lucas
37. Diddy Kong
38. Meta Knight
39. Snake
40. Ganondorf
41. Corrin
42 Mega Man
43. Bayonetta
44. Toon Link
45. Rosalina & Luma
46. Incineroar
47. Sheik
48. Olimar
49. PAC-MAN
50. Dark Samus
51. Wolf
52. Mr. Game & Watch
53. Robin
54. Dark Pit
55. Cloud
56. Duck Hunt
57. Ken
58. Greninja
59. Chrom
60. Mewtwo
61. Bowser Jr.
62. Dr. Mario
63. Palutena

Obviously if you've already unlocked someone via Classic or WoL, it'll just skip to the next one

Jolarix
Feb 28, 2004
Your reading skill has increased by +1 point(s).
I know you can change music for stages... but what about the main menu music? I'm getting tired of the WoL variations always playing in every menu. I remember you could change this in prviouss smash's but not this one?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jolarix posted:

I know you can change music for stages... but what about the main menu music? I'm getting tired of the WoL variations always playing in every menu. I remember you could change this in prviouss smash's but not this one?

Beating WoL gives you that

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I haven't played smash since Melee, when did they remove the model viewer? Being able to see all the character and item models up close was cool and it fit well with the idea that they're all toys.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elderbean posted:

I haven't played smash since Melee, when did they remove the model viewer? Being able to see all the character and item models up close was cool and it fit well with the idea that they're all toys.

No Smash game before this had a model viewer (well, Smash 64 kinda did, but you didn't really have any camera control); are you thinking of Trophies? If so, this is the first author Trophies

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I’ve finally unlocked Ridley after hours of playing, and it feels so good to finally play as that ugly, murderous rear end in a top hat after years of wanting him in. I know he’s more of a defensive character from that write-up Maple Leaf posted a while back, but it’s really fun to just fly towards somebody and rip them to shreds.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man, really loving this game so far. Far superior to 4 and Brawl and I'd even go as far as to say the best Smash yet. Single player's fantastic, roster is wonderful...complete package honestly!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Your Computer posted:

In that test, are the joycons connected in handheld or held freely? Is there a difference?

Not that it matters for me, I'm just curious.

Wireless I'd assume.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Fuuuuck landing a killing blow with Wolf's recovery is sick as hell

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
very much appreciate that they seem to have done away with every transformation-type Final Smash

hated them all, they were either boring or broken or both

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oxxidation posted:

very much appreciate that they seem to have done away with every transformation-type Final Smash

hated them all, they were either boring or broken or both

Final Smashes have never, and will never be balanced.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Elderbean posted:

People kept peeking up Peach's skirt which angered parents. Then they put a black void under her skirt which pissed off nerds. So they decided to just do away with it and never worry about it again!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody identified the hardest challenges yet? i've got these 4 tile-breaking hammers sitting here and knowing me I'll never use them

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Final Smashes have never, and will never be balanced.

very true, but i always preferred the ones that were one tremendous whack to the ones that just made your character bigger and meaner for 10 seconds

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is there a way to back out of adventure mode to the main menu?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Is there a way to back out of adventure mode to the main menu?

Hold B

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I've seen lots of people talking poo poo about for glory, but what was bad about it? It seemed good for just quickly finding a 1v1 stock match, which is what I would want to do online for at least like 80% of the time

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Can confirm that Smash is a fighting game like any other. I just get absolutely trounced online. Like, holy poo poo am I bad.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Am I imagining things or do I get more rewards for using a lower level spirit? If I go in with a level 70 one I only get a single skill point, but bringing out a level 1 one will at least give me some snacks and a few spirit bucks.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/alpharadtv/status/1071832326756335616

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Leal posted:

Am I imagining things or do I get more rewards for using a lower level spirit? If I go in with a level 70 one I only get a single skill point, but bringing out a level 1 one will at least give me some snacks and a few spirit bucks.

you do it's one of the mechanics, if you use y to autofill it'll give you a weak but close enough spirit so you get max rewards.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CodfishCartographer posted:

I've seen lots of people talking poo poo about for glory, but what was bad about it? It seemed good for just quickly finding a 1v1 stock match, which is what I would want to do online for at least like 80% of the time

there were no battlefield or stage variations, and when we all decided that 2-stock was too low there was no way to up it to 3. Now if we want to play with Evo rules or whatever we can, and if people like playing with items on and poo poo they can as well. They got this rank b y beating people just like you did, and they get to play their game mode too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Intoluene posted:

Can confirm that Smash is a fighting game like any other. I just get absolutely trounced online. Like, holy poo poo am I bad.

i am an ardent follower of the fearsome combat style known as "pinata-that-cries"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Stamina mode in WoL is loving garbage

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Update: got 9.9 in classic mode.

I want K Rool to turn my anus into the bonus level's all-consuming black hole via his tree trunk-like boxing glove.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kirios posted:

Man, really loving this game so far. Far superior to 4 and Brawl and I'd even go as far as to say the best Smash yet. Single player's fantastic, roster is wonderful...complete package honestly!

Agree. I already have over 20+ hours in and all I want to do is play more. I can’t wait to play Smashdown and Squad Strike with my irl friends.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Giving Lucas Slow Super Armor and Super Smash Attacks is a great way to power through almost all of WoL so far. He's insane.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kooriken posted:

Is there a goon discord for this game? I don't see one in the OP and I want to smash some bros with the Smashthread.

https://discord.gg/jZsNV6

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Elderbean posted:

The Trophies were removed because they took a lot of time and effort to put together that they instead repurposed into bringing back all the old characters. A pity, but it's a fair trade.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

triple sulk posted:

It exists to replicate gameplay where characters have health bars. So all the Mega Man and Street Fighter spirits have stamina fights.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

triple sulk posted:

use a spirit that gives you more HP

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How often does the Shop rotate so I can keep buying tracks and such?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Simon seems really, really good.