Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Sab669 posted:

All you people posting Incursion stuff as if Stones of Passage ever drop :(

A stone literally always drops if you clear the whole incursion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

And I'm pretty sure I've had two stones drop when I literally couldn't even use two.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should put a captcha in before you can open the trade screen.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Ok I kind of got that part. I just never understood the point of connecting or opening rooms. At this point apparently I need to find Alva so I can go loot the temple I have finished my incursions upon.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ugato posted:

Ok I kind of got that part. I just never understood the point of connecting or opening rooms. At this point apparently I need to find Alva so I can go lot the temple I have finished my incursions upon.

The temple only guarantees you entry to the entrance room, you have to make sure you have a path to the rooms you want to get to in order to get the goods. Explosives rooms are a very good workaround if you miss your shot at connecting a good room. Each tier of the Explosives Room gives you one explosive to blow open any passage of your choosing (so you can get 1/2/3 explosives to fix your connections if you want)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cinara posted:

A stone literally always drops if you clear the whole incursion.

Really? Has it always been that way? I guess my builds are just bad and I can never 100% clear the whole thing.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

And I'm pretty sure I've had two stones drop when I literally couldn't even use two.

That's in their list of betrayal bugs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Haha so it turns out in the "take one item in seconds" chest you can't control-click the item you want. I'm glad I discovered that when the most that was on the line was 2 blessed orbs.

nerox
May 20, 2001

euphronius posted:

They should put a captcha in before you can open the trade screen.

Dear god no, currency bots are the grease that somewhat lowers the intended heavy friction of trading.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

my srs summoner is still using 2 life flasks, is there a better option for sustain? all i have is a chunk of regen

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Efb

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have now sunk 4 tiny's trials into an opal ring and they all sucked

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
There is just not enough time for all the currency to be meaningful. It's pretty much just alching but guaranteeing 6 properties. Even 30 seconds would be way too quick.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Soiled Meat
Ive done 3 rounds of incursions. The main takeaways are this:

1: Read the map. ID the door you want to open. ID which archetect you prefer.
2: Do not panic
3: clear in the general direction of favored archetect.
4: something has to drop a stone thingy.
4b: If no stone thingy has dropped hit unfavored archetect.
5: get to door you ID'd
6: Run out of mobs and run out of time.

Whole experience seems to take like 30 sec to 1 minute. The timer and the screen effects are there to gently caress with you. Just kill the things you see.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My personal incursion guide:

Don't ever get any because I timed out the map the first time instead of leaving through the portal

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

My personal incursion guide:

Don't ever get any because I timed out the map the first time instead of leaving through the portal

?????

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

There's currently a bug where if you don't do what the game expects when you first meet Alva in act 7, it doesn't think you completed the incursion introductory quest and you can't invite her to your hideout and she doesn't appear in maps, even the ones with her icon.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

There's currently a bug where if you don't do what the game expects when you first meet Alva in act 7, it doesn't think you completed the incursion introductory quest and you can't invite her to your hideout and she doesn't appear in maps, even the ones with her icon.

Lmao thats hosed, incursion is the best mechanic in the game

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

No Safe Word posted:

You get an item with that architect's prefix/suffix on it. Some are very much not that valuable though.

There's also a small chance of getting a special Incursion unique instead.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I had this problem for a while, but eventually Alva did show up in a random map for me, and I was able to close out her questline.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
The base game is so good at this point with Elder, Delve, and Incursion built in that I'd be totally willing to play in Standard. I'm also really enjoying Betrayal and the OP crafts so it's nice to have the extra content but I'd say Delve is still my favorite part of the game.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Andy Dufresne posted:

The base game is so good at this point with Elder, Delve, and Incursion built in that I'd be totally willing to play in Standard. I'm also really enjoying Betrayal and the OP crafts so it's nice to have the extra content but I'd say Delve is still my favorite part of the game.

Delve is kinda wonky with the Azurite/Sulphite costs right now, though. Feels like things didn't get rebalanced properly with the change to the starting level.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bestiary without nets seems good

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

PSA: Table of Sacrifice in Temple of Atzoatl is bugged, I'm in the room right now and getting a "This operation could not be completed" message when trying to use the table. Apparently it's been bugged since Betrayal launched, ugh.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm running a BV elementalist and shattering packs with Herald of Ice. I gather the cool endgame unique for the build (which I can't remotely afford at the moment, but whatever) is Inpulsa's. How do its explosions interact with the ice explosions? If I kill a frozen shocked enemy does one kind of explosion take priority or do they both happen?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Qwertycoatl posted:

Can this happen with Einhar too? Cuz I'm in act 8 and can't visit the menagerie despite killing a bunch of beasts and also chatting with him afterwards.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Can this happen with Einhar too? Cuz I'm in act 8 and can't visit the menagerie despite killing a bunch of beasts and also chatting with him afterwards.

I don't know. If you go back to act 2 is there a bestiary quest on your list?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think I have that bug. :( Have not seen her at since act 7 and I am almost done with 9.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
So for this league, after exclusively following build guides for the last few, I decided to try making my own league starter build. It... sucks rear end?

I made a Frost Blades Raider, loosely based on a couple FB guides floating around the PoE forums. The first problem I ran into was that while my build does not need any specific uniques, it is still very gear dependent. I ended up having to wait till day 2 and pick up some leveling uniques for a few alch just to survive past act 6. I then had to buy more gear when I got to act 8, then again at maps. The second problem I ran into is that while the guides I stole borrowed from had mediocre weapons, they all had surprisingly valuable armor and jewelry. So my endgame stats are... well below expectations.

At level 77, I have a total of... 4,200 HP and a whole 43k boss (not even shaper!) DPS. I have some gear upgrades I could make, but honestly even with that I expect to have around 4,700 life and 250k boss DPS at level 90 with 20/0 gems. Also I would rather stop shoveling money into this pit and put it towards a good build instead.

It's funny, I thought that the syndicate content was just too difficult, but no its just my build that's trash.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Frost Blades is very hard to scale well. Consider using molten strike for single target and frost blades for clearing.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Soiled Meat

BadMedic posted:

So for this league, after exclusively following build guides for the last few, I decided to try making my own league starter build. It... sucks rear end?

I made a Frost Blades Raider, loosely based on a couple FB guides floating around the PoE forums. The first problem I ran into was that while my build does not need any specific uniques, it is still very gear dependent. I ended up having to wait till day 2 and pick up some leveling uniques for a few alch just to survive past act 6. I then had to buy more gear when I got to act 8, then again at maps. The second problem I ran into is that while the guides I stole borrowed from had mediocre weapons, they all had surprisingly valuable armor and jewelry. So my endgame stats are... well below expectations.

At level 77, I have a total of... 4,200 HP and a whole 43k boss (not even shaper!) DPS. I have some gear upgrades I could make, but honestly even with that I expect to have around 4,700 life and 250k boss DPS at level 90 with 20/0 gems. Also I would rather stop shoveling money into this pit and put it towards a good build instead.

It's funny, I thought that the syndicate content was just too difficult, but no its just my build that's trash.

Hey man, dont be so down on yourself. Even if your baby is ugly, you still did it, and you did it without a midwife or an epidural. Congrats on your learning experience.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

KirbyKhan posted:

Hey man, dont be so down on yourself. Even if your baby is ugly, you still did it, and you did it without a midwife or an epidural. Congrats on your learning experience.

Thanks, I did learn a bunch while building it. One thing making this build made me wish for though is an easy way to compare larger changes in Path of building. It's obvious to see the effects of each change, but its difficult to do thing like compare 'what if I go crit/non-crit', 'whats the difference between these wildly different gem loadouts', etc.

BadMedic fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 11, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BadMedic posted:

Thanks, I did learn a bunch while building it. One thing making this build made me wish for though is an easy way to compare larger changes in Path of building. It's obvious to see the effects of each change, but its difficult to do thing like compare 'what if I go crit/non-crit', 'whats the difference between these wildly different gem loadouts', etc.

with enough time sunk you can math out just about everything :shobon:. the days before PoB were very dark times.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Cyberdud posted:

Something i found out about yesterday :

In the UI options, there's transparency options for the map called "Terrain transparency and Map Transparency" (I think?),

you can mess with those to remove the extra "fluff" around the walkable terrain in your map and make the walkable terrain part fully solid. This really sped up my clear speed because it reduces the amount of time I get stuck in the scenery thinking it's the way forward.

Shoutout for this INCREDIBLY USEFUL quality of life tip here. Landscape transparency all the way left, map transparency all the way right, map zoom all the way left and SUDDENLY I CAN SEE WHAT I'M DOING (with the map adjusted with the arrows keys to be off the center of the screen).

Holy poo poo what a difference.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

my srs summoner is still using 2 life flasks, is there a better option for sustain? all i have is a chunk of regen

Buy a soulwrest and consume corpses :shepface:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm having a different, but still weird issue with Alva where she just keeps showing up. Like, at an honestly absurd rate. I'm talking she's there 4 different times in one map. And yeah, I haven't been able to invite her to my hideout either.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats how she works now. she pops up multiple times in the maps you find her so it doesnt take ages to build a temple

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Soiled Meat
She made a text box pop up about joining my hideout when I was 1 incursion away from doing the temple.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Alva always shows up 3x per zone now if she spawns.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh, that's good then. It's just very goofy because you finish an incursion, walk 5 feet and Alva is just standing there again. It's like a Looney Tunes cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So what's the Alva fix if you failed your first incursion due to time and can't go back in, or do anything else with the dumb temple minigame now?