Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barudak posted:

Congrats? Get Gamepass

Absolutely this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I won an xboxonex on eBay in accident. What's the prettiest things I can play on my oled.

E: I already am planning to get gamepass

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sextro posted:

I won an xboxonex on eBay in accident. What's the prettiest things I can play on my oled.

Accident? Like, a lot of drinking?

rear end Creed Odyssey and Origins I guess.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

univbee posted:

Accident? Like, a lot of drinking?

rear end Creed Odyssey and Origins I guess.

Sometimes I bid on ebay just to make the people start bidding more. I saw a refurbished xbonex with 8 minutes left about to go for $230 and I thought that was too good of a deal so I set up a bid for $300. Ended up winning.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sextro posted:

Sometimes I bid on ebay just to make the people start bidding more. I saw a refurbished xbonex with 8 minutes left about to go for $230 and I thought that was too good of a deal so I set up a bid for $300. Ended up winning.

That seems like an odd and dangerous hobby.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's called Microsoft Edging.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Professor Shark posted:

Hi I bought an Xbox One X today so I guess you guys will have to read my posts now so sorry

I bought the Fallout 76 version with Fortnite and Fallout 4, I guess I'll also buy a mouse that works with the Box and the Gold subscription or something

I'm a console owner now
Take FO76 throw it in the trash, load FO4, enjoy life

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Sextro posted:

Forza Horizon 4 looks absolutely fantastic on the C8 and almost made me sacrifice framerate for dat draw distance in 4K. It's on gamepass tho. Maybe get FFXV Royal Edition if it goes on sale? Square's HDR implementation is really an afterthought (there's no peak luminance control so it looks good only on the higher end OLEDs) but still makes places like Altissia positively jaw-dropping.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Sextro posted:

The new Far Cry is top tier, and red dead redemption 2 is as well.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Far cry, doom and wolfenstein 2 all look fuckin amazing on the X. Wolfenstein is probably the best of them.

Fh4 also looks good as does red dead 2 but it's not fun to play at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Panzer Dragoon Orta and frankly any of the OG Xbox games you like.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Definitely going to do RDR2, and 1 other open world game. Split between far cry and asscreed for that.

Definitely going to look back at all those OG Xbox games I never was available to afford at the time that system was out.

Too bad they're never going to make another fight night game. How does the last one look on the xbonex?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Sextro posted:

Definitely going to do RDR2, and 1 other open world game. Split between far cry and asscreed for that.

Definitely going to look back at all those OG Xbox games I never was available to afford at the time that system was out.

Too bad they're never going to make another fight night game. How does the last one look on the xbonex?

Like it did on the 360

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Hellblade, and any of the tomb raider games look amazing. Battlefield V if you like shooty man's, I ran COD back to back with BFV and COD looked like a 360 game lol.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

This Ashen game seems pretty neat.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MarcusSA posted:

That seems like an odd and dangerous hobby.

So is owning an Xbone X.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Oh right, Rise of the Tomb Raider has a 1080p30 mode on the X that's basically PC quality without the NVIDIA-specific enhancements. They didn't include this for Shadow though :(

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I bought both asscreed origins and oddesy cheap last month. Playig through origins now and it looks great on the X.

You can skip a lot of side missions by mainlining the story/main quests if you don't want to spend 30-40+ hours ingame trying to 100% it.

Neat setting and hunting hippos never gets old.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Beastie posted:

This Ashen game seems pretty neat.

I played a bit, the coop idea is neat

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Historically, are they any good deals on Gold or Gamepass around Christmas day? I seem to have missed all the previous good deals...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Historically, are they any good deals on Gold or Gamepass around Christmas day? I seem to have missed all the previous good deals...

I dont believe gamepass does any special deals, but gold and Xbox in general absolutely will

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gamepass has had some good things, like a dollar for a month. If you're not using Microsoft Rewards already get on that, anything you buy digitally will earn you points, and you can do "quests" in the app that can earn you big chunks of them. A lot of the more lucrative ones usually have to do with owning/playing new games, but there was a good one when the program came out that gave like 5000 for using game pass to play five games. A month of game pass is like 6300 points or something so it earned me enough for another month with some of the other points I already had.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

I dont believe gamepass does any special deals, but gold and Xbox in general absolutely will

Gamepass frequently has $1 months if you aren't an active subscriber, as well as 3 or 6-month passes for 50% off. It's pretty sporadic and unpredictable, though.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

univbee posted:

Gamepass frequently has $1 months if you aren't an active subscriber, as well as 3 or 6-month passes for 50% off. It's pretty sporadic and unpredictable, though.

Yeah, I literally missed a 50% off 6 month deal. I saw it on Saturday on a friend's console, and went in on Monday to buy it, and it was done.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry, I thought you meant game deals not deals on the service itself, whoooops

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I got a 512GB SSD for cheap is it worth it to use on the X or not really?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

DrNutt posted:

Gamepass has had some good things, like a dollar for a month. If you're not using Microsoft Rewards already get on that, anything you buy digitally will earn you points, and you can do "quests" in the app that can earn you big chunks of them. A lot of the more lucrative ones usually have to do with owning/playing new games, but there was a good one when the program came out that gave like 5000 for using game pass to play five games. A month of game pass is like 6300 points or something so it earned me enough for another month with some of the other points I already had.

where is this app? I've heard of it but never really looked for it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MarcusSA posted:

So I got a 512GB SSD for cheap is it worth it to use on the X or not really?

I mean, you'll have way better use putting it in your computer. But it'll be pretty nice to have in an X if you're all SSDed out on your computer.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

enigmahfc posted:

I think it just lives under "apps." I'm pretty sure it autoinstalled for me after the last update.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
still pissed xbox rewards is usa only

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fishmech posted:

I mean, you'll have way better use putting it in your computer. But it'll be pretty nice to have in an X if you're all SSDed out on your computer.

Yeah sorry I already have on in my PC I was just curious if the X really took advantage of it.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah sorry I already have on in my PC I was just curious if the X really took advantage of it.

In terms of much shorter loading pauses, it does. It doesn't really affect anything else though.

Jayo
Jul 10, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

still pissed xbox rewards is usa only

I certainly use in in the uk. Cashed in £15 worth of points a week ago because I forgot all about them.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Game pass is currently 50% off for a year at Amazon.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

enigmahfc posted:

Log in to your Microsoft account through a US proxy at least once and it'll get assigned to you.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Bought rear end Creed Odyssey because that bitch was cheap as gently caress and wow. Between this game and Red Dead 2: The Reddining, I'm really happy with these awesome period oriented open world games. I need every game, from this point forward, to pay an insane amount of attention to detail. It's amazing climbing temples and seeing all the little artworks they placed on the latticework.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Tsietisin posted:

Got a link? I can't find that.

EDIT: I found a 42% off. I suppose that's what you're talking about.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 12, 2018

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Got a link? I can't find that.

Xbox Game Pass: 12 Month Membership [Digital Code] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K782P3N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dCgeCbEG7WCZ9

Is showing as $70 instead of $120 for me

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Does anyone here own the Master Chief Collection? If so, does it show playercounts for the multiplayer of each game now that they added the option to install specific games? I'm curious roughly how many people are playing each of the four games online since I've been going back and forth between picking up MCC or the specific games I like via BC. I like that you can just install multiplayer and ignore singleplayer completely but I saw the multiplayer mashed all four games into each mode and I'd rather just install the specific games I want to play and stick to them but I don't know if they're dead or not? Everyone hates Halo 4 for example, what's the playerbase like for that in MCC if the only part of the collection installed is the multiplayer component of that game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Tsietisin posted:

This is the standard holiday deal, Best Buy, Amazon, etc all have this.