Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

twoday posted:

When the results of the referendum were announced I remember reading, watching, and listening to various BBC articles and nearly every one featured the same very old man being interviewed by a reporter about how he voted. He said something like, "I did not fight in the war and watch my friends die around me only to be ruled by Germany; today we took our country back" as he literally cried tears of joy. I often wonder if he is still alive.

I wonder if he’s proud of being ruled by Ireland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
say what you will Britain is definitely owned by the British again

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Ayn Randi posted:

rule Britannia

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Ayn Randi posted:

We probably should have checked with every other country we owned in the past to see if this was a good idea first.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Yo, begun the Tory leadership contest has.

Itshappening.gif

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Tory no confidence vote on May is actually happening. Someone remembered to send their letter in.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:auspol:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hobbesmaster posted:

if they prorogue right now wouldn't the next parliament not start until after a no deal brexit?

Nah, it is usually just a delay of a few days, but this would run into the planned Xmas break so they'd not be back until 7th January.

I mean she might yet win. There's maybe 100 MPs who will definitely vote against May, but they need 159 to definitely force her out. Although Thatcher quit after getting only 54% of the vote in a 1990 leadership contest as she was convinced her position was untenable. But Thatcher had been in power 11 years & May has been in for 2 & a half and seems to have a messiah complex.

forkboy84 has issued a correction as of 09:15 on Dec 12, 2018

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
:f5:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god they're loving doing it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
make John Bercow PM at least it would be funny.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:auspol::auspol::auspol:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/595112367358406656

Can we go back in time and vote for the man who looks a bit awkward eating a bacon sandwich?

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/753275141258371073

Prophetic af

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
She's going to win btw and that keeps her in power for another year unless she resigns lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
British politics is starting to sound like advanced fighting game strategies

Or possibly cricket

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is there like a dummies guide to brexit im an american and barely know what it is other than britain wants to leave the EU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

is there like a dummies guide to brexit im an american and barely know what it is other than britain wants to leave the EU

There's a mace and there's not enough food. They got a preview when KFC ran out of chicken a bit back.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bert Roberge posted:

There's a mace and there's not enough food. They got a preview when KFC ran out of chicken a bit back.

I really want to see that Boondocks clip dubbed over with extremely British accents

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Uncle Wemus posted:

Imagine if America had a vote on "should we separate all the non-white people into their own states, then split the country in two" and yes won by 52%.

We've just arrived at the point where everyone in charge has realised that it's completely impossible when you look at the details, so of course they're currently fighting over who will get the blame.

e: there's as many insane right wingers screaming "just get it done, I don't care about the details" as you'd expect, too.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Wolfsbane posted:

Imagine if America had a vote on "should we separate all the non-white people into their own states, then split the country in two" and yes won by 52%.

We've just arrived at the point where everyone in charge has realised that it's completely impossible when you look at the details, so of course they're currently fighting over who will get the blame.

e: there's as many insane right wingers screaming "just get it done, I don't care about the details" as you'd expect, too.

There was a poster in the D&D thread that advocated literally this and got really aggressive when you pointed out how loving stupid it was

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/NecroButcher187/status/1072781240841973760

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

forkboy84 posted:

You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

(actually the chief whip is generally regarded as useless so that'd be a shocker)

The chief whip who is going to take over the country isn’t chief whip anymore, he forced them to make him minister of defense already.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The 1922 Committee would be a great name for a hardcore band.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hakimashou posted:

The chief whip who is going to take over the country isn’t chief whip anymore, he forced them to make him minister of defense already.

Unfortunately for him he's about as intelligent as an amoeba.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

forkboy84 posted:

Cronos is the power behind the throne, imo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

forkboy84 posted:

It’s 2018, look around. It probably isn’t as unfortunate for him as it will be for everyone else.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/1072796129711046661

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lmao

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

https://twitter.com/DB18__/status/1072797168279412736?s=19

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/claireperrymp/status/1072794176004198401

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
woof

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1072809317185789953

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jose posted:

She's going to win btw and that keeps her in power for another year unless she resigns lol

Who would take over if she lost, anyway? They don't have anybody else who wants to be in charge. At least, not until the Brexiting is over.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is an election to be leader so its whoever runs against her

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wait i'm wrong

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1072767810735087616

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

I would like to be the first to welcome our new prime minister, Adolf Pinochet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

this is an election to be leader so its whoever runs against her

it's an up-or-down confidence vote, i think in the event of a no, after that the tory leadership election starts, they put forward a candidate and get the DUP to vote with them for that person for PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i say swears online posted:

it's an up-or-down confidence vote, i think in the event of a no, after that the tory leadership election starts, they put forward a candidate and get the DUP to vote with them for that person for PM

Are the DUP the acceptable kind of Irish who "know their place"?