Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Bogart posted:

Yeah if you’re doing sniper assassin in Colorado, bring a lockpick or you’ll have to find the key to the basement or a crowbar, neither of which are in generous supply. Ask me how I know!
Good news: In this version of the game, the sniper rifle also doubles as a key to open the basement door! As long as nobody's looking, anyway.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I think challenges that fall under the "assassination" header are all things you've gotta do within the mission itself. I believe feats and discoveries are things you can do whenever?
Anything which says "a target" in its description may also be done in contracts. The most obvious ones are Straight Shot / Hold My Hair / Someone Could Hurt Themselves / Piano Man as those are super generic and you might see them pop for the first time outside a main mission due to not really having a good opportunity to do them otherwise.

Normally, if it mentions a mission target by name it must be done in the mission itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm a dumbass and posted my Vermont take in the wrong thread.

"The Vermont level had some real interesting voice acting. Not sure what they were really going for there. The conversation between the cop & the mole exterminator was particularly note worthy.

Overall good small level. I just busted into people's basements and found weird poo poo. Getting down some steps and seeing the area discovered "Murder Basement" was a good surprise.

Edit: and oh MAN showing off the entire house as the real estate man. 47 is extremely informative."

That was my take. Gonna play in it some more before moving on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wish we had a hub we could walk around in between missions and when you take an item out of a mission, you can use it to decorate your whatever 47 lives in.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Given the game is published by Warner Bros. what are the chances we might get a Roadrunner elusive target at some point?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Wrr posted:

I'm a dumbass and posted my Vermont take in the wrong thread.

"The Vermont level had some real interesting voice acting. Not sure what they were really going for there. The conversation between the cop & the mole exterminator was particularly note worthy.

Overall good small level. I just busted into people's basements and found weird poo poo. Getting down some steps and seeing the area discovered "Murder Basement" was a good surprise.

Edit: and oh MAN showing off the entire house as the real estate man. 47 is extremely informative."

That was my take. Gonna play in it some more before moving on.

I'm going househunting soon and I'll be sure to pay attention to the same elements as 47 has. Especially the kitchen.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I wish we had a hub we could walk around in between missions and when you take an item out of a mission, you can use it to decorate your whatever 47 lives in.

I hope we can leave/enter 47's apartment through steadily more ridiculous secret spy entrances each episode

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dang it's tricky to go weapons hot in Paris.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is there any particular logic that dictates when you'll get away with a sniper shot versus drawing return fire or having all the guards on the map immediately know where you are?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Is there any particular logic that dictates when you'll get away with a sniper shot versus drawing return fire or having all the guards on the map immediately know where you are?

The sniping is bugged to hell and back right now.
Wait for a patch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pilchenstein posted:

It seems like, no matter what, you'll get some phantom shots at you as soon as you shoot someone. And if you stay where you shot from, someone will eventually see you. If you shoot and then immediately move, you'll usually be fine.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I feel like the maps in Hitman 2 are all going to be appreciated compared to Hitman 1, considering how already I've heard people say Mumbai is the worst, Mumbai is the best, Miami is the best, Vermont is good, Vermont is bad, Sgail is great, Sgail is weak, etc.

Everyone seems settled that Colorado is the worst in H1, Marrakesh is the second worst (I like it though, but lower rank for me), and then from there it probably falls to Bangkok reluctantly.

I love them all though, I love all those danish weirdos' takes on these places. I think they all have great things going for them and I enjoy playing them all, often for different reasons. I love my stupid little hitman game :shobon:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Colorado would be much much much more tolerable if you didn't have to do the basement thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Tuppence a wish is actually super easy. I don't know why everyone seems to think it's from bouncing coins off the mirror and onto the three rocks. You get it from bouncing 13 coins off the mirror and then they have to make their way into the water. I started the level with 9 coins (standard coins, outstanding coin, and the coins from completing one of the classics), and then grabbed three from the laundry room, and 4 from room 207. I ran up to the mirror and bounced 13 coins off the mirror and into the water. Unlocked first try after I actually knew what I was really supposed to do.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I'm working my way through SASO Vermont and while trying to come up with a gameplan, I ended up pacifying every single guard in Cassidy's house. Thanks, Mr. Wrench!

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

piratepilates posted:

I feel like the maps in Hitman 2 are all going to be appreciated compared to Hitman 1, considering how already I've heard people say Mumbai is the worst, Mumbai is the best, Miami is the best, Vermont is good, Vermont is bad, Sgail is great, Sgail is weak, etc.

Everyone seems settled that Colorado is the worst in H1, Marrakesh is the second worst (I like it though, but lower rank for me), and then from there it probably falls to Bangkok reluctantly.

I love them all though, I love all those danish weirdos' takes on these places. I think they all have great things going for them and I enjoy playing them all, often for different reasons. I love my stupid little hitman game :shobon:

Same. I love playing all of them and honestly I feel like at some point I'll just play them just to hang around in the environments, they're so lovely.

Anyway, with it being acknowledged that everyone has their own opinions and that's fine except mine are objectively the correct ones, I actually find Bangkok to be worse than Colorado, mainly because I feel like you have limited points of access to Singer boy as a target, which makes SASO runs especially annoying. Colorado at least offers multiple ways in and out of every location, which I very much appreciate.

Meanwhile, Mumbai is my personal favorite for HItman 2, for the same reasons as I didn't like Bangkok. There's so many different ways to get into every location and to every target, and it is just delicious to crawl and climb all over the buildings to get to my targets. They offer so many different avenues for SASO runs, in stark contrast to Bangkok, which I felt gave me two, with one being vastly preferably over the other.

Plus, Mumbai is visually varied and pretty, which I like. Bangkok is too many closed corridors and identical rooms. That's also why I dock a few points from Sgail, despite it arguably having even more ways in and out of any location -- too many locations just have the same gray stone look.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bit the bullet for you. Tested the new Nvidia driver patch: It seems safe to update if you have Nvidia drivers. You will no longer have seizures in Santa Fortuna.

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

I bit the bullet for you. Tested the new Nvidia driver patch: It seems safe to update if you have Nvidia drivers. You will no longer have seizures in Santa Fortuna.

Much appreciated! Installing now.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

whittleton creek could have been really good if they

a) made all the house interiors different
b) let you go inside all the houses
c) made the clues optional
d) had mastery level cap of 20 instead of 15
e) made killing providence guards an optional objective (so it wouldn't ruin SA)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Some insanely bad recommendations there

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
2 is 2 many pages 2 forego hitman 2 images

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You want a Hitman 2 image? I was shooting all the stupid science bitches at Kronstadt and then accidentally shot this lady while trying to kill a security dude. I felt pretty bad about it.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Zigmidge posted:

2 is 2 many pages 2 forego hitman 2 images

A regular assassin would be focusing hard on that drowning, 47 looks like he's considering what he wants for dinner.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I'm trying to knock out SASOs for the legacy maps to get the black suit. Bangkok loving sucks for SASO - Morgan is trivial (just sprint straight to the kitchen and poison his plate, he'll be dead in it feels about a minute), then getting to Cross was a real pain - you're pretty much limited to one route to get up there it seems, and even that comes with a lot of dodging and clearing out rooms that's frustrating rather than fun. Morocco has the same insanely easy kill for Zaydan, but getting into the embassy felt more like a rewarding puzzle than hotel hell.

Colorado also sucks, but that's mainly because I got all the way through it before being told I didn't get SA. I thought it was my last hit on Graves (used the chandelier and thought I might've been spotted), but apparently it wasn't (reloaded and did it a different way), so I don't know when it would've happened!

Thinking I'll just try and fill out mastery for Colorado before I attempt it again. At least Hokkaido is much easier...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Bangkok is secretly worst map in the 2016 game. The layout problems of Marrakesh, the script glitches of Colorado, and the buggy detection, poor ET design and head-turning all of its own.

OK, glibness aside, I do think Bangkok is worst, and the layout's a big function of it. It turns out there are very good reasons why the "hotel mission" was never actually very good as a hitman setting- the extreme subdivision of the tower layout causes problems for zone assignment and routing.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I figured out why I wasn't getting the kalmer. Apparently, the 'Breadcrumbs' mission story completes if you collect any clues after doing the package delivery, but the achievement for the mission story expects you to collect all three clues the mission story leads you to in order culminating in sneaking into Janus' basement.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Bangkok is secretly worst map in the 2016 game. The layout problems of Marrakesh, the script glitches of Colorado, and the buggy detection, poor ET design and head-turning all of its own.

OK, glibness aside, I do think Bangkok is worst, and the layout's a big function of it. It turns out there are very good reasons why the "hotel mission" was never actually very good as a hitman setting- the extreme subdivision of the tower layout causes problems for zone assignment and routing.

I think it would be better if the roofs were connected and there was more going on in the non-band tower. It would make it feel like a full level instead of one level that's been split in half.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

That said, it's pretty rad when you get one target to assassinate the other.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is there an escalation reward for the new Santa Fortuna escalation?

Also, what's a good level to be before an Elusive Target hits? I don't think I can manage 100% but 15/20 gives me a pretty good amount of starting points.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Speedball posted:

That said, it's pretty rad when you get one target to assassinate the other.

:agreed: it should really be an option in every map, considering like 3/5 of the other 2016 maps allude to one target wanting to kill the other

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Discendo Vox posted:

:hfive:

Marrakesh needs like one more link between the consulate and the school, and one more way to get to the second floor of the consulate, and it would basically be a good map. Colorado is pretty good for escalations and contracts, it's just saggy on the main missions. Bangkok is just... boring.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Ripper Swarm posted:

A regular assassin would be focusing hard on that drowning, 47 looks like he's considering what he wants for dinner.

It's Denny's.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
47 only eats mashed potato

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess Bangkok is pretty bad. It does feel really lopsided. It's hard to choose though. Colorado really hurts itself with that stupid exit.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Marrakesh is silly as hell because you can just poison some food, turn on a radio, wait ten minutes, and half the mission's done.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is there even a way to get to the second floor of the embassy other than the back staircase?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

mary had a little clam posted:

I'm working my way through SASO Vermont and while trying to come up with a gameplan, I ended up pacifying every single guard in Cassidy's house. Thanks, Mr. Wrench!

Wouldn't that be easier with the fumigator? I love poisoning that thing and having a continuous stream of guards noticing the bodies inside, running in and immediately dying/getting knocked out and joining the pile.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

nexus6 posted:

Wouldn't that be easier with the fumigator? I love poisoning that thing and having a continuous stream of guards noticing the bodies inside, running in and immediately dying/getting knocked out and joining the pile.

Won't the bodies found prevent you from getting SASO?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

The Narrator posted:

I'm trying to knock out SASOs for the legacy maps to get the black suit. Bangkok loving sucks for SASO - Morgan is trivial (just sprint straight to the kitchen and poison his plate, he'll be dead in it feels about a minute), then getting to Cross was a real pain - you're pretty much limited to one route to get up there it seems, and even that comes with a lot of dodging and clearing out rooms that's frustrating rather than fun.

There is one other route without guards. It involves climbing up a pipe to one of the third story windows. There's a short route from there to the top floor. Otherwise, I concur.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

It would be nice if there was a something in one of the menus, or on the map screen ,or tucked away in the lower corner of the inventory that said if you've busted SA / SASO yet. I don't think it is crucial but yo its nice not to have to worry or to get to the end of the a mission and not know where you screwed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I made a contract for fun with an old disguise.

1-02-8799030-70