Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Was Gulag a Town Cop?

What's a Time Cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Well I investigated Gulag yesterday and got a town result. So I could at worst be naive, I guess.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Unless there's an actual PGO in the game and it's Hal or Opop, normally high traffic N1 targets, I'd say the reasonable option here is to nolunch (barring any results of course).

If scum can murder multiple targets at night, it's likely there are only 1-2 scums and we'd be doing ourselves a disservice lunching someone and weakening our numbers even more.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone investigate someone who didn't die?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Was Gulag a Town Cop?

What's a Time Cop?

no and i don't know

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Well I investigated Gulag yesterday and got a town result. So I could at worst be naive, I guess.

that is what is supposed to be your result, good job.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

REGGAE PARADE posted:

What's a Time Cop?

A sweet Jean-Claude Van Damme movie from the 90s

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Unless there's an actual PGO in the game and it's Hal or Opop, normally high traffic N1 targets, I'd say the reasonable option here is to nolunch (barring any results of course).

If scum can murder multiple targets at night, it's likely there are only 1-2 scums and we'd be doing ourselves a disservice lunching someone and weakening our numbers even more.

yes if scum can murder multiple targets at night, its extremely good to no lynch so they can keep doing that

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
yes scum murdering everyone with wild abandon and just letting it happen without at least trying to case and possibly catch and lunch scum is incredibly cool and good.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i too hate playing mafia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well that was..not good

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

##unvote

it's possible that the only scum in the game is a PGO, in which case: I'm investigating Opop tonight

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

maybe two of us should each visit a player to prove if they're a PGO or not, just in case scum actually have a night-kill ability and can make it look like my PGO testing method incriminates someone

k cool and good

##vote no-lynch

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

maybe two of us should each visit a player to prove if they're a PGO or not, just in case scum actually have a night-kill ability and can make it look like my PGO testing method incriminates someone

k cool and good

##vote no-lynch

7 players left

2 agree to visit a particular player.

scenario 1 (2 scum game)
- lunch scum (6 players remain)
- 1 scum left, is PGO (scum have no night kill)
- the last scum PGO is visited by two players that agreed to visit, they die
- 1 of 4 players is scum and can reasonably be sussed out due to the open and transparent/coordinated-in-thread nature of the REGGAE plan

scenario 2 (2 scum game)
- 1 scum left, is PGO (scum have no night kill)
- the last scum is missed by the two visit volunteers, no one dies
- volunteers report their results
- visited player investigates as town, corroborated by each volunteer
- 3 players cleared (?) as town (the volunteers and visit target)
- 3 of 6 players cleared as town

scenario 3 (2 scum game)
-1 scum left, is not PGO (scum have night kill)
- last scum is visited by volunteers, scum kills one volunteer (5 players remain)
- surviving volunteer reports result (target NOT-TOWN or whatever the language is)
- lunch last scum, town wins

scenario 4 (

you know what?

i just realized there are way too many variables and I'd end up writing up 10 different scenarios ALL OF WHICH ARE BASED ON THE BELIEF THAT THE VOLUNTEER COPS ARE IN FACT TOWN AND SANE

there are just too many cracks in REGGAE's plan for scum to hide in imo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
how r u doubling down on this dumbass idea

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

flerp posted:

how r u doubling down on this dumbass idea

that was my initial impression as well, then I actually tried to math/brainstorm it out and as you can see, it's still a dumb plan.

early gut ping +Lurkymans up untill 2 hours to deadline + double down on bad plan = scummy enough for me to ##vote REGGAE

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
dont try to latch onto me scumbo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i see right thru ur games

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

flerp posted:

dont try to latch onto me scumbo

care to elaborate?

how am I scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I actually had to go and double check that reggae parade wasn't a rename for hal since they pulled an absurd, toothless case on me from out of nowhere.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Dick Bastardly posted:

care to elaborate?

how am I scum?

i got my eye on u

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Asiina, Town Cop

GulagDolls, Town

SolusLunes, Town Cop

Toalpaz, Town Cop

SalTheBard, Town Cop

died Night 1

It is now Day 2

Is gulags flip a typo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

28766f69642a2930 posted:

This is a mafia-type game for 13 players. Almost everyone is a cop. We got all types of cops. Town cops, flavour cops, role cops.
There are some non-cop roles too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

I actually had to go and double check that reggae parade wasn't a rename for hal since they pulled an absurd, toothless case on me from out of nowhere.

Whoa!! Pot meet kettle

But I agree we probably need to get rid of bad idea man reggae

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whoa!! Pot meet kettle

Hal I love you like a son but you make bad cases on me every game.

I can’t tell if reggae is bad or just bad though

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

that was my initial impression as well, then I actually tried to math/brainstorm it out and as you can see, it's still a dumb plan.

early gut ping +Lurkymans up untill 2 hours to deadline + double down on bad plan = scummy enough for me to ##vote REGGAE

i just want to be clear that you are so un-fun to play with that if you're town i mostly feel bad for people who have to deal with you in regular day-to-day

that's all my opinion on you, you're welcome

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whoa!! Pot meet kettle

i agree ##vote reggae

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

p.s. the basic math i'm working with is 5 deaths yesterday, 6 alive today

if scum have the ability to kill the same number of people tonight, then we basically lose the game by lunching

if scum don't, then it's safer to see what they can do, than to risk guessing that we have to take a shot today

especially when we have a bunch of cops

*shrug*

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

I don't see any better opinions being presented, and I don't care if you disagree with me as long as you properly clarify why you think your opinion is better.

But saying wrong == scum, is just poor play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Hal I love you like a son but you make bad cases on me every game.

I can’t tell if reggae is bad or just bad though

Thanks dad!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

REGGAE PARADE posted:

p.s. the basic math i'm working with is 5 deaths yesterday, 6 alive today

if scum have the ability to kill the same number of people tonight, then we basically lose the game by lunching

if scum don't, then it's safer to see what they can do, than to risk guessing that we have to take a shot today

especially when we have a bunch of cops

*shrug*

I mean I can’t imagine scum can kill 5 people every night, there has to be a PGO or some crazy one-shot power.

All these cops and yet no one seems to have a useful result

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean I can’t imagine scum can kill 5 people every night, there has to be a PGO or some crazy one-shot power.

All these cops and yet no one seems to have a useful result

exactly... given that people aren't sharing their results i'm guessing it's a PGO... it seems that the people who died are the ones that investigated players that are still alive...

in which case we need to play to find a PGO, probably just one, instead of play to scumhunt. and we have enough power-roles to do it... i'm hoping worst case scenario is 4/6 remaining people are probably telling the truth, so everyone should claim, including what we all did yesterday, and everyone should plan their actions

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I visited myself so I’m confident I’m not a PGO

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

REGGAE PARADE posted:

exactly... given that people aren't sharing their results i'm guessing it's a PGO... it seems that the people who died are the ones that investigated players that are still alive...

in which case we need to play to find a PGO, probably just one, instead of play to scumhunt. and we have enough power-roles to do it... i'm hoping worst case scenario is 4/6 remaining people are probably telling the truth, so everyone should claim, including what we all did yesterday, and everyone should plan their actions

Wtf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I visited myself so I’m confident I’m not a PGO

:same:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

flerp posted:

i got my eye on u

see my early game breadcrumb and all will become clear

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

i just want to be clear that you are so un-fun to play with that if you're town i mostly feel bad for people who have to deal with you in regular day-to-day
that's all my opinion on you, you're welcome

Welcome to playing mafia with known mean and bad mafia player Dick Bastardy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Welcome to playing mafia with known mean and bad mafia player Dick Bastardy.

I like playing with you and getting you killed D1, don’t listen to these jerks

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh my god dont self vote ahhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

flerp posted: