Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bushisms.txt posted:

Yeah it looks like a simulator more than a straight game.

Hmmm.... Have you hard restarted the system since you got the game? Some games have weird first launch issues like that.

Charging, playing while plugged in, updating, calibrating controllers, updating controllers, full shutdown and reboot, whole nine yards of troubleshooting. Delayed input compared to PC.

Also runs at half the framerate; related? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kilometers Davis posted:

e: should I buy an nes classic while they’re still available?

If you just want to play NES games and don't care about portability, maybe. If you like the game lineup or don't mind modding it (super easy) to have the entire NES library, yes. If you don't like the game lineup and are unwilling to mod one, no.

If you do get an NES classic, get extension cords for your controls.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Bloop posted:

Hmmmmmm

maybe I'm lucky that the web version of the eshop still looks like this for me:

Europe and Australia doesn't get it til the 27th cuz of different store schedules apparently if you're in that region.

And huh that's a shame about the input lag, hopefully it's something that can be patched away. There's a PS4 version too and I don't remember hearing anything like that about it

Porting devs are looking into it apparently so fingers crossed

Knorth fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 14, 2018

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Kilometers Davis posted:

e: should I buy an nes classic while they’re still available?

Buy a SNES classic and do the incredibly easy mod to add all the NES library, and whatever else you want, to it

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I should not have played Diablo before bed last night. Ended up staying up until 3 and am paying for it today. I got my character up to level 26. Am I supposed to get him to 70 before the season ends? If so, what does that get me?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Knorth posted:

Europe and Australia doesn't get it til the 27th cuz of different store schedules apparently if you're in that region.

And huh that's a shame about the input lag, hopefully it's something that can be patched away. There's a PS4 version too and I don't remember hearing anything like that about it

Porting devs are looking into it apparently so fingers crossed

Where'd you hear that they've seen the problem, they posting updates somewhere?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
RW discord. Apparently the devs responded to someone on twitter too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

loudog999 posted:

I should not have played Diablo before bed last night. Ended up staying up until 3 and am paying for it today. I got my character up to level 26. Am I supposed to get him to 70 before the season ends? If so, what does that get me?
If you press uh like left on the dpad I think, you bring up the season journey, which is a series of challenges associated with the season split into 9 chapters. If you complete the first four chapters you get a set of class armor, which is normally kind of hard to get, plus a pet and a seasonal portrait frame. Getting to 70 is just one of the challenges in I think chapter 2, the first four chapters are mostly just about beating a bunch of bosses, upgrading your merchants, and then dipping your toes into the postgame, nothing too hard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Buy a SNES classic and do the incredibly easy mod to add all the NES library, and whatever else you want, to it

Just buy a Pi, I'm a big dummy and it took me like an hour tops to get RetroPie and all them sweet SNES games on it.

NES games are rear end these days tho, they're so archaic

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Why buy a Pi when you can get an SNES Classic, mod it, install the same RetroArch emulator cores that RetroPie uses, and never shut the gently caress up about it?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Old games are bad. New games are good, until they become old, in which case they also become bad.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

gently caress I'm so glad there's always someone to remind us to just buy a goddamn raspberry pi instead

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
How do you know someone owns a retropi?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nes has a couple dozen decent games, nintendo is just serving up a bunch of dumb stuff

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

antidote posted:

gently caress I'm so glad there's always someone to remind us to just buy a goddamn raspberry pi instead

Almost feels like we need a site wide substitution for SNES Classic to be "SNES Classic IF YOURE A WUSS AND WONT GET A RASPBERRY PI :smug:" just to spare everyone the time and extra posts.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

A glutenfree vegan crossfitter walks into a bar with a retropi

What do they tell you about first?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

A glutenfree vegan crossfitter walks into a bar with a retropi

What do they tell you about first?

Their poly life style

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh to anyone trying out Rain World, 1 good luck out there slug cats and 2 the community put together a list of tips that might help new players if you need it

Also I played some of my friends copy of smash and Isabelle and Rob are good and I'm bad at this game

Knorth fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 15, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

NES games are rear end these days tho, they're so archaic

There are plenty of nes games that still hold up, especially from later in the system's lifespan
Castlevania III is still one of my favorites

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I replayed Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link a few years ago and they're both still great.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I played Legend of Zelda for 107 seconds, made it three screens in, then hit the home button and quit out in disgust

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

both version of Super Mario Bros 2 own

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HenryEx posted:

I played Legend of Zelda for 107 seconds, made it three screens in, then hit the home button and quit out in disgust

same but BOTW

😈

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Are you seeing the delayed controls I posted about a bit upthread, by chance?

Have you restarted your switch? I have had a couple newly installed games act weird until a reboot and then never again

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

HenryEx posted:

Well, I'm sorry that you are dead inside. :colbert:

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I know it will never happen but god all I want is an official western release of Gimmick!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

IMO the overworld in zelda I is pretty bad but the dungeons hold up a lot better

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Games from early in the NES's lifespan that were mostly arcade ports hold up well if you like competing for high scores, as do games from late in the lifespan like Kirby's Adventure and Mario 3. The games that don't hold up are the ones that came in between, where developers were making games that were less arcadey but padded for length by being bullshit instead of actually being interesting or having content.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Most of the NES puzzle games are fantastic. Tetris and Dr. Mario of course, Wario's Woods, Pipe Dream, all of the Lolo games, Solomon's Key and Fire 'n Ice, Kickle Cubicle, Mendel Palace, Klax, Qix, Puzznic, Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie. All of those are still very playable.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
If anyone's still doing challenger fights in Smash, the new patch massively nerfs them. I was kind of disappointed when I got on today and didn't have to work hard to earn all these dudes that had been crushing me 3-4 times in a row.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

caldrax posted:

If anyone's still doing challenger fights in Smash, the new patch massively nerfs them. I was kind of disappointed when I got on today and didn't have to work hard to earn all these dudes that had been crushing me 3-4 times in a row.

Yeah I was glad to unlock my last two characters but still...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

caldrax posted:

Glad I beat them all with my massive epenis

*fails repeatedly to kill gimmick spirits and cries

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Bombadilillo posted:

Glad I beat them all with my massive epenis

*fails repeatedly to kill gimmick spirits and cries

... I feel attacked by this post...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, I'm sorry that you are dead inside. :colbert:

Link to the Past is just better in every conceivable way to Breath of the Wild

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Spiffster posted:

... I feel attacked by this post...

Smash attacked.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there anyway to re center or calibrate the motion controls in Katamari? I keep having an issue where holding them straight up and down registers as tilted backwards so I end up not being able to go fast forward

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

caldrax posted:

I'm experiencing the opposite, where after the patch the challenger fights are now curb stomping me even harder now. Shulk destroyed me before I could even get a hit in, it's loving ridiculous.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
SN30 Pro+ when

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

In Monster Hunter I fought what I can only describe as a giant armadillo dragon-bear.

It's a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

homeless snail posted:

If you press uh like left on the dpad I think, you bring up the season journey, which is a series of challenges associated with the season split into 9 chapters. If you complete the first four chapters you get a set of class armor, which is normally kind of hard to get, plus a pet and a seasonal portrait frame. Getting to 70 is just one of the challenges in I think chapter 2, the first four chapters are mostly just about beating a bunch of bosses, upgrading your merchants, and then dipping your toes into the postgame, nothing too hard.

Ok, thanks. I guess I get this stuff once the season ends? Sorry for all the Diablo questions, if I should move this into the Diablo thread let me know.