Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm about to be in and out so putting this down now is probably best

##vote IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the best would be voting for scum instead of a town pr

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
A Saturday night deadline

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thought I would have time to read the thread and catch up but I gucks dup

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Podima is loving scum lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

Podima is loving scum lmao

makes the most sense of the four that were on me when I quoted VF, yeah

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

makes the most sense of the four that were on me when I quoted VF, yeah

Yeah like I don’t have time to write up a case and I’m definitely gonna end you, but it’s clear what’s happening here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

Yeah like I don’t have time to write up a case and I’m definitely gonna end you, but it’s clear what’s happening here

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have a chocolate beer it’s super good! I got it while I was out Christmas shopping today yum.

IP if you are a backup for real (we shall soon see) then oh well we effectively lynched a VT who cares

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

A Saturday night deadline

Max posted:

It is now Day 2. With 11 Alive, it is 6 to lunch. Deadline is Saturday at 9PM (I know, weekend. If enough people have an issue with this, we can move it to Sunday at least.)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
One day I want a game where mods set the deadline at like 8:57 to gently caress with people

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Don’t worry friend I just forgot (never read it)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

IP if you are a backup for real (we shall soon see) then oh well we effectively lynched a VT who cares

I care, Kash

I haven't lived to see a third day as town in forever

I just wanna play :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Right well anyway ##vote ipiss

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote ip

gently caress it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote ip

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for IcePhoenix.

Votecount for Day 2
With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 15th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I thought I set ipiss it IP the other day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

I thought I set ipiss it IP the other day

I deleted it because gently caress that

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

IcePhoenix (7): Kashuno, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno, Podima, Tired Moritz, Flying Leatherman, Murmur Twin, Mr. Humalong, Tired Moritz, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno, Anomalous Amalgam, Kashuno, Kashuno
Tired Moritz (2): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, Murmur Twin, Mr. Humalong, Murmur Twin, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix
Flying Leatherman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
hambeet (0): Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix, Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix
jimmydalad (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (2): hambeet, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 15th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

is thta hammer?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh lol whoops

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

smooth beet. reaaal smooth

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Day 2 post count:

Everyone has successfully made at least 10 posts. Congrats!

The current players are ON NOTICE

TM

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Light flavor tonight, I'll flesh it out later

In a dark cave, she sat, tired and alone.

The sisters had passed over her, seeing her as an aspect of themselves and not worth visiting. It was the perfect cover, one that Dream could not ignore.

Ice Phoenix, Eve, Dreaming Aligned (Town) Universal Backup, has been killed by Dream Day 2

It is now N2, please get me your night actions within the next 24 hours

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Apologies for light flavor again, spent most of the day in a moving van, will fill this and the Day 2 flavor in more tomorrow instead of doing work.

In the dead of night, the Furies krept the hallways of valleys of The Dreaming. How Ironic that the son of Eve, the firstborn, the untouchable, would die at their hands just after his own mother had passed.

An Irony only Death could point out to Cain, as he cursed and yelled, until her wings silenced his voice forever.

hambeet, Cain, Dreaming Aligned (Town) Doctor has been murdered most foul by the Furies Night 2.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is Tuesday at 9PM EST.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh that’s why IP wanted beet to die

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh that’s why IP wanted beet to die

no

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, Flying Leatherman, jimmydalad, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Murmur Twin, Podima, Tired Moritz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 18th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

So Pod or MMT scum? Probably Pod, but this could be MMT finally shedding the meta and transcending. Ugh why does mafia require so much reading to figure this stuff out

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
well, of the players that have flipped my reads have been dead wrong.

So perhaps if I flip my feelings to the inverse i'll be right this time....:thunk:

Humalong it's you isn't it

ISN'T IT!?!??!

don't you lie to me you sweet sweet karate pokemon

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

You caught me.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hi there. Flight was long but I’m in Asia now about to transition to NZ tomorrow so fun.

In other news, I’m leaning more towards Pod over MM. Since Solus/IP has flipped Town, his Day 1 looks even worse and in general, I’ve made my suspicions of him very clear since the beginning of Day 2.

I’m having a more Town-ish lean on MMT because she was one of the main voices alongside Toal in flipping the vote away from Solus and back onto Merk after Solus had that breakdown. I very much doubt a scum MMT would have been vocal about Solus and would’ve let him be lynched day 1.

Will probably need to catch up with the thread to see if I have missed anything.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anywho ##vote podima

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is the crappiest crap to come out of Pod. 1-2 cops/docs is pretty indicative a backup could exist. the whole 'he claimed backup' thing a bunch of people did was dumb as hell. It's not a case and honestly Pod never made a case against IP at all.

Podima posted:

This is the net sum of IP's big catchup that he references with his last two posts: a non read on Huma and an inactivity callout on beet. This doesn't do anything at all to change my mind about solus from day 1!

also I mean this isn't really a case or any actual content. I get that Pod is traveling but hey them's the breaks. the Solus stuff isn't really re-examined in light of the merk flip, and there is no real thought on IP.

Pod really comes out at FL and TM in day 2 but doesn't really hint they will go that way and in fact never do.

Podima is going through the motions this game. Travel + Mafia was a mistake scumbo!!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

Podima is going through the motions this game. Travel + Mafia was a mistake scumbo!!

I dunno, I saw all the same stuff that Pod did and agreed with the case. I probably should have been more suspicious by the relative lack of push-back against it, but I think Solus/IP flipping will end up being helpful to scumhunt.

That said, a killer day 3 from Pod would probably help a lot because I'll admit I'm starting to question my town read there.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm going to start with AA. I have a prior case on him here.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think you're basing two players play on one flipped scrums interactions.

I'm not going to lie, Merks involvement is strange, but solus/ip in the context of their own posts dont appear scummy to me.

I'll vote IP to avoid no lunch. But think tm or beet are better.

---

##vote ip

gently caress it

##vote AA

His opinions don't sound like he's freely sharing thoughts about who he thinks is scum. To me they read like scum just trying to have an opinion out there while blending in.

If he's town, that means he sat there while everyone else dogpiled on someone that he thought was town and made no effort to change anyone's mind.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Next is FL. I have a prior case on her here.

Flying Leatherman posted:

My immediate reaction after reading over the interactions between Solus and merk and Toal as we got closer to deadline was to think Solus was also scum:

MMT called these out already, IIRC, but it's what I'm talking about : "yeah I can see the case for merk as scum and don't trust his arguments, but I would still rather vote Toal". It doesn't read as genuine to me.

I read SL's frustration over being voted as alignment neutral.

Finally, IP came into today with setup spec which doesn't look great and has been pretty light on content thus far (a preliminary read on MMT that was then retracted, and just one read on Humalong).

Still going over today's posting, but for now: IP: Who scum? Why are they scum?

When I ask myself "who would be the easiest D2 patsy?", I think the answer was pretty clearly Solus/IP. Merk had been defending him, Pod was clearly suspicious of him, and I spent most of D1 casing him only to change my mind at the last minute.

FL spent D1 defending Solus (and Merk - he was instead pushing Humalong), only to change her mind on D2 and start pushing hard on IP. It looks to me like scum opportunism.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

So yeah, after re-reading / thinking about the game, I had a feeling that AA and FL were scum so I went back to case them. And then I noticed some more interesting stuff.

Flying Leatherman posted:

##vote MMT. The more I look at her last post, the more it feels like trying to shut down a transition into content and that leads to my strongest feeling about anyone so far.

Anyhow... ##vote mmt

Both FL and MMT are making "good" posts but unless they are both scum bussing one another, this looks like a genuine scum versus town.

The only reason to call genuine content that isn't predicated on role information into question is if you have a reason to let it ride out.

Both FL and MMT have cases where inferred player motive is the linchpin, only MMTs looks far less reasonable in comparison.

Too genuine for joke phase isn't a reason, or all that telling about motive, but post count padding as pointed out by FL is directly attached to motive and a reasonable angle to pursue

Mmt latching on with her case reflects poorly.

I still maintain that neither of these posts read like more like recitals of lies than organic opinions. In case people have forgotten, they're both talking about my literal first non-joke post of the game. AA's in particular - he really got that one of me/FL is scum from that one single interaction?

The most suspicious votes are beets and FLs

FL for that real weak departure from MMT to something rather innocuous on Huma.

But beet more than FL for their series of convictionless votes. Seems like they were just following heat on MMT and toal and then ended up on merk at deadline, but no explanations really in between. Some vague snipes and a lot of jokes.

##vote beet

Would still vote Kash, and while MMT is probably unlikely for scum at this junction her/FL remain a point of contention in my mind.

---

Lumpen:
Town
AA, Lovable Town Superstar & Super Genius
Probably MMT after how the day ended and her push on merk

Likely Town
IP, emotional appeal isn't an alignment tell, but looking at the push on solus and alluding to a pr, it's not unreasonable to think they are probably town

Null
Everyone else

Curious
FL

Pod

Scum
Kash
Beet

In order:

1. AA calls FL's vote suspicious,
2. then says "but beet more than FL" and votes beet
3. and says he'd vote Kash
4. while maintaining that he still thinks that one of me/FL are scum.
5. He then posts a Lumpen List with FL listed as "curious"

...and then he never mentions FL again. He gives opinions on Pod and interacts with Jimmy, makes a case on TM while saying he'd vote for beet or TM, and then eventually votes IP, but he doesn't mention FL at all after that.

Meanwhile, FL never mentions AA at all outside of criticizing TM's vote on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ugh why does mafia require so much reading to figure this stuff out

:peanut: