Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Ahem, I think you will find that the only people confirmed for the show when it was announced, and currently at this point, are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Bucks and Cody could go either way, but I'll be shocked if Kenny isn't working that show

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Competing with WWE isn’t even really a question, it’s more a question of whether the fed can stay solvent as a mid level indie (probably, as long as it doesn’t pull a TNA and start a tour) and how hard / how fast WWE will gently caress them.

If AEW has any effect beyond a few Bixenspan “this handful of muscley white dudes and some Japanese stars quietly filled a coliseum, check it out” Deadspin hype pieces, it will be because Vince’s long-standing complexes will provoke him into an overblown reaction.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 16, 2018

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Like even best case scenario, wait a few years and all the beloved PWG guys walk away from WWE’s money (which is in bigger piles than ever thanks to Fox), there’s still no way they *compete* on a business level. The question is whether AEW could generate guys (1) that are really good and (2) wouldn’t go to NXT. The best outcome is that WWE ends up raising its offers for the guys it poaches. Honestly, that would be worth it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE is not going to spend that TV money on talent if it can

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

The Bucks and Cody could go either way, but I'll be shocked if Kenny isn't working that show

Cody said it isn't because "that weekend is for WWE" which apparently wasn't a problem for the last two SCOHs he worked.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Adam Page is the only AEW guy I haven't heard gross stuff about or done sketchy poo poo

What gross and sketchy stuff?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says Mark Haskins signed with ROH

Also here's some dojo stuff

quote:

Ring of Honor Wrestling is proud to announce the signing of Danny Cage to an exclusive contract as the Operations Manager at The ROH Dojo. Danny Cage is the owner & head coach of the World Famous Monster Factory and carries a superb track record of success with his students and the development of the Monster Factory brand. He brings incredible passion and work ethic paired with a tough but fair approach to coaching, making him the perfect fit for the ROH Dojo.

We are also proud to announce that the World Famous Monster Factory will be hosting Future of Honor live events! The first one took place on Saturday, December 15th , featuring all of the current DOJO wrestlers as well as appearances by Ring of Honor stars Coast to Coast, Cheeseburger, and ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb! The next two events have been scheduled for Friday, January 18th & Friday, February 15th. Stay tuned to all ROH and DOJO social channels for how you can watch these events!

Danny Cage will be joining head coach, Delirious, along side coaches Jonathan Gresham, Will Ferrara & BJ Whitmer.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Did they really make PCO into Marty Scurll's lackey?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

What gross and sketchy stuff?

Adam Page is good.

There's rumors of Marty hitting on minors back in the UK
Scorpio and the Bucks are homophobes
Kaz, Daniels, and the Bucks got Sky his ROH job

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Him and Brody King saved Marty from The Kingdom because besides him, the Elite aren't in ROH anymore and then Marty said they're called Villain Enterprises.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KungFu Grip posted:

Adam Page is good.

There's rumors of Marty hitting on minors back in the UK
Scorpio and the Bucks are homophobes
Kaz, Daniels, and the Bucks got Sky his ROH job

So what's the source on the Bucks being homophobes? Is there more to it than one of the Jacksons replying to a really dumb Scorpio Sky tweet with "I agree"? Because "Remember when it was ok to be straight? I have no problem with gay people but nowadays it seems if you're NOT attracted to the same sex you're considered homophobic." is an exceedingly stupid take and reeks of "old man yells at cloud" because it doesn't understand "the kids" but not sure half the team agreeing with it is a sign that they are homophobes so much as really dumb. But if there's to it I'd be interested to know.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Scorpio Sky being over with a popular catchphrase in 2018 is still the biggest "what the gently caress" to me

Ok here's a hypothetical -

WrestleMania 36 in 2020 is held in Miami

AEW runs a stadium show in Jacksonville on the same day

How well does the AEW show draw?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Scorpio Sky being over with a popular catchphrase in 2018 is still the biggest "what the gently caress" to me

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Is it a matinee?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Danny Cage has is zealots and supporters. Also, he can hang his hat on Riddle and Punishment Martinez. But trust me he isn't a nice guy. More Bill Demott than Lance Storm.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

By all accounts it wouldn't happen given Cody's comments about not wanting to piggyback off of Mania weekend.

But not well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Marty is probably the most over guy (left) in ROH.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

So what's the source on the Bucks being homophobes? Is there more to it than one of the Jacksons replying to a really dumb Scorpio Sky tweet with "I agree"? Because "Remember when it was ok to be straight? I have no problem with gay people but nowadays it seems if you're NOT attracted to the same sex you're considered homophobic." is an exceedingly stupid take and reeks of "old man yells at cloud" because it doesn't understand "the kids" but not sure half the team agreeing with it is a sign that they are homophobes so much as really dumb. But if there's to it I'd be interested to know.

just because you don't call someone slurs openly like Scorpio doesn't mean you aren't homophobic. Bucks were smart and deleted bunch of their old tweets. They're incredibly thin skinned and got into arguments with people on twitter around the Jay Briscoe saying that he'd shoot anyone teaching his kids that being gay is normal

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll buy that the Bucks have done/said some really dumb poo poo out of ignorance or "protecting the boys". I am finding it hard to believe that 2 of the dudes involved with booking The Golden Lovers reunion are actually homophobic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Bucks have gone out of their way in recent years to talk about how their trans and gay fans are welcome and how they want to include everyone. Probably about the time they hooked up with Cody.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The Bucks have gone out of their way in recent years to talk about how their trans and gay fans are welcome and how they want to include everyone. Probably about the time they hooked up with Cody.

They are family oriented Christians quiet clearly but at least they see all money is green. Which is a relatively progressive stance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody i think joey ryan also did an interview where he said that traveling the world really opened the bucks' eyes and they became better or more accepting people so people claiming theyre homophobic in 2018 probably have an agenda

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
At the end of the tapings tonight, Bully Ray ran down the crowd and was PG about it. So, of course Jay Briscoe gets on the mic and tells the crowd "you motherfuckers can lick my balls".

So, that's how the show ended.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Scurll is a pedo is also a rumor that also seems to have the same truth to it as "Stevie Wonder isn't blind". I've never heard anyone produce even a 2nd hand story about it. Its just random folks on the internet saying he is.

He was at one point the British equivalent of a guido which does seem like a crime.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Scurll is a pedo is also a rumor that also seems to have the same truth to it as "Stevie Wonder isn't blind". I've never heard anyone produce even a 2nd hand story about it. Its just random folks on the internet saying he is.

He was at one point the British equivalent of a guido which does seem like a crime.

It is a convenient excuse to hate on someone who isn't kewl to a certain sect of Wrestling twitter rather than actually take a moral stand. If you actually care about it wouldn't watch Pro Wrestling current or historic.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

The other nonce rumours I've heard in Britwres at least have some sort of story attached. I've never been able to get a hint about what Scurll is supposed to have done.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The other nonce rumours I've heard in Britwres at least have some sort of story attached. I've never been able to get a hint about what Scurll is supposed to have done.

The finger break spot is annoying therefore guilty.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

I want to ask if you are trying to create a situation where they are close to WrestleMania and are piggybacking, or far enough away that people would have to choose. Jacksonville would be just about the worst case scenario for any benefit at all but maybe that's your point. It would draw <100 paying

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

By all accounts it wouldn't happen given Cody's comments about not wanting to piggyback off of Mania weekend.

But not well.

piggy backing wouldn't matter, Jacksonville is like 350 miles north of Miami

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

piggy backing wouldn't matter, Jacksonville is like 350 miles north of Miami

Right - and what if AEW took all the peripheral events (WrestleCon, The Collective, etc.) with them to Jacksonville as well

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

EugeneJ posted:

Right - and what if AEW took all the peripheral events (WrestleCon, The Collective, etc.) with them to Jacksonville as well

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

It is a convenient excuse to hate on someone who isn't kewl to a certain sect of Wrestling twitter rather than actually take a moral stand. If you actually care about it wouldn't watch Pro Wrestling current or historic.

This.

I’m not a fan of Scurll. I thought he was badly exposed as the weakest talent in this year’s BOSJ.

However, I’ve yet to hear any meat to the rumors he‘s done anything predatory in nature. The closest I’ve ever heard was he took a pic with a young girl making mooney eyes at him.

People tend to speak declaratively about poo poo they’ve never witnessed on stories told second or third hand. Its counterproductive, especially in this day and age when people will gladly social media themselves doing horrific stuff.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Scurll is a pedo is also a rumor that also seems to have the same truth to it as "Stevie Wonder isn't blind".

So it's 100% true?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jackie D posted:

So it's 100% true?

100%

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1074197135074213893

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1074308131369435136

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Is there a story behind Marty not going to AEW? I assume it's some combination of "AEW has a big bankroll but not an unlimited one" and "ROH were willing to give Marty a lot of money to stick around."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abraham linksys posted:

Is there a story behind Marty not going to AEW? I assume it's some combination of "AEW has a big bankroll but not an unlimited one" and "ROH were willing to give Marty a lot of money to stick around."

Marty signed his contract at a different time and it hasn't expired yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

We mentioned it in the spoiler thread but he signed his extension a bit ago and it’s over in April or so, he’s going but he’s not out of the company as soon as everyone else wound up