Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This one hurts. And more than not having any more funny videos to look forward to, I hate knowing that this is how it went down..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I started watching them from the Machinima days, I didn't even find the main channel for like a year.

The Sleeping Dogs video is still one of the funniest things I've seen and I rewatch it every now and then. "TEXTING LIKE A BOSS" always makes me laugh super hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idMCtgA3lzQ

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, these are some lovely news to wake up to.

Since all three guys have been producing solo content that I enjoy on different levels and the podcast will go on in some form, the thing that stings most is Matt (and Liam) and Pat breaking up their friendship. I hope it wasn't anything major, just a slow erosion that finally took it all down.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Posting from dozens of pages back to say that I am incredibly sad and these dudes got me through some rough times and it’s hosed up that it had to go down like this.

But really, I always felt like it was inevitable ever since 2 Christmasses ago when Liam quit and Matt took a leave of absence and Pat and Woolie knuckled down and played Dark Souls as hard as they could to keep the channel from Hollowing.

But yeah this is going to gently caress me up. I’m going to brace myself before I watch the announcement video.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Awful to hear. Especially since their currently LPs, especially Kingdom Hearts, were good!

And it's surprising to hear Matt and Pat aren't friends, because I would not be able to tell that from the current Star Trek LP. I thought they still had good chemistry there.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll just blame Paige

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

I just learned Pat and Paige are banned words on Liam's stream.

So this kinda doubles down that Pat is as bad in real life as he puts on.

Well, without any info about how long that's been in effect it might just be not wanting that headache getting into his streams. Focus on Mansex people!

Wiseblood posted:

Saw a few posts blaming Matt's wife because of course it has to be a woman's fault.

Eve and Yoko Ono really broke a lot of people's brains.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roth posted:

I'll just blame Paige

I'll blame pat's TV

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 16, 2018

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
darn, this was the only "guys playing video games" channel i liked too

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think I've really followed an LP of theirs since Omikron due to lack of time, still sad to see it all break apart like this. I've been watching their dumb bullshit since, like, their second or third machinima video. I remember getting so excited whenever they had a new video.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Baal posted:

Pat reminds me a lot of this lovely friend I had who was a huge rear end in a top hat but he was kind of fun to be around. The more you are around those people though the more you begin to realize how much your level of tolerance for other people's shittiness doesn't grow and you just want to stop being friends with them. I feel like Pat is a similar kind of person to that friend, but Pat is slightly less lovely. It also reminds me of how other people would think that friend is funny when they see him in passing, but personally dealing with them is a drain and I feel like both Liam and Matt felt that.

Sorry to armchair psychoanalyze, but I just thought that this was all familiar to me with the archived stuff people are bringing up.

I feel like this is about it, yeah. The cube/bee poo poo with Pat was a good reminder that he loves to yell at people until he's 'proven' right, and that would happen constantly with Liam. That energy can get exhausting. That and creative differences with how they want to deal with making content is probably what ended their friendship.

It's still stings to just get that they are no longer friends, idk if this makes me morbid, but I do wish they would go down on what happened on/before that FNF in a bit more detail, just to get a full picture.

I'll definitely still hear the Chewie & Fuckface show, and I really like Matt's Whu Happun and Edgelords. I guess I'll check out more of Liam's stuff now. And Pat & Paige's stream, even when those are gonna have a bit of a sour taste to.

Hahah, and earlier this week I kept thinking "oh man, they should totally invite Liam to this week's Fisticuffs since it's Smash and its been two years so everything must be cool with them" :smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I bet Matt touched Pat's TV.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Liam's streams are really good if you're into that sort of thing.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Speaking of Liam. He still is kinda great

quote:

Liam Allen-Miller said (on Resetera):
Not entirely my place to say it, but it’s a sad day. I think we all wish it could have gone any number of other ways, but this is probably the best route at this point. As the age-old adage goes;

“Welcome in Omicron”

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Worst part is that this probably only makes the Sonic Unleashed LP more likely to be finished.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Def way less bummed about this than I was during the apocalypse of 2016. I hope they all land on their feet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Worst part is that this probably only makes the Sonic Unleashed LP more likely to be finished.

They should upload Liam solo playing Sonic Unleashed as the channel's last videos

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MagusDraco posted:

Speaking of Liam. He still is kinda great

Between this and Takahata's implications it definitely sounds like this has been a slow buildup since Liam's exit. Kind of a bummer in that case.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'll definitely still hear the Chewie & Fuckface show, and I really like Matt's Whu Happun and Edgelords. I guess I'll check out more of Liam's stuff now. And Pat & Paige's stream, even when those are gonna have a bit of a sour taste to.
Yeah, I still check out the pat and paige archives. Only thing is I cancelled my subscriptions and won't support them monetarily, but if they're going to put the videos out there, they're still funny, I just won't give them any more money or really talk about them outside of this thread anymore.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Def way less bummed about this than I was during the apocalypse of 2016. I hope they all land on their feet.
they've been preparing for this for a while now, it's been obvious with how each has dramatically fleshed out their personal channels within the last six months. I dunno if they actually expected it to go down so quickly though.

Funny enough, we didn't even get the smash ultimate FNF they worked so hard for, or maybe that's what the breaking point was with how much they had to put into it. :smith:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
gently caress.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Standout content for me was always the Shitstorm and Scrublords/Fisticuffs.

Going to miss the 3 man LPs the most. Disaster Report is one of my favorites.

See you Space Screamlord...

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I can’t believe the last fisticuffs was the loving panty fighter.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

It being that and not Smash is so perfectly SBF.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The perfect encapsulation of the channel

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I haven't actually seen the panty video yet. Probably gonna watch it alone and tear up during it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Captain Invictus posted:

they've been preparing for this for a while now, it's been obvious with how each has dramatically fleshed out their personal channels within the last six months. I dunno if they actually expected it to go down so quickly though.

I think they also hit a point where they had just run out of stuff to play honestly, a lot of the newer LPs were stuff I wasn't really interested in but watched to be supportive when I could.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

like how frodo had to leave middle earth to die years after being stabbed by a nazgul but the wound never healed
except Omikron is the Nazgul

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Anyone cap the deleted takahata tweet?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Man they really didn't wanna play Smash I guess

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZgf47z-ko

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Well, if someone wanted confirmation on Pat and Liam's relationship..

https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1074341538686214144

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Promise nothing and deliver less...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So are Woolie and Pat keeping castle superbeast or is that just the name of the podcast and they are gonna sell the place?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I cant believe the last fisticuffs was the loving panty fighter.

A fitting end to the channel.

Monathin posted:

Between this and Takahata's implications it definitely sounds like this has been a slow buildup since Liam's exit. Kind of a bummer in that case.

I feel like Matt and Pat have two wildly different viewpoints about how the channel should move forward, and I can't see someone like Matt having an easy time dealing with someone like Pat arguing over a ton of things. Definitely feels like one of those slow-cooking breakups where your social circle's been hearing a lot of complaints about the other side but they're not anything egregious, it's just exhaustion and the realization that your plans aren't compatible with the other person's plans.

Woolie seems to have landed right in the middle, because he's better equipped to deal with Pat - they're the ones with a longer history - but he gets Matt's business decisions and actually putting effort into stuff/networking/going to cons and whatnot. I actually like his solo content quite a bit because it's a mix between stuff that he's personally invested in and the eventual shitpost video.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wish he would just stay out of it. The channel literally just ended this is not the time for this.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I wish he would just stay out of it. The channel literally just ended this is not the time for this.

He did

https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1074342415358664705

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Didn’t someone speculate a couple of months ago about bad blood between Liam and pat here?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

You have a weird hateboner for Liam, mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The simplistic bluntness of that answer made me actually go "oof".