Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

From the subreddit posted:

Woolie will figure it out has a sadder meaning to it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I dont really "blame" anyone for this.

My personal thought is that Matt and Pat want to produce different kinds of content and they couldn't get it to work anymore

Yeah, looking for blame isn't the right response. SBFP worked well for a long time, and now that it's stopped working, better to it die and let the boys be free than shackled to it forever.

I'm still sad, their playthroughs were a rock when I was going through a toxic relationship and subsequent divorce, and the channel certainly means something to me in a way no other channel does. It's weird to think I've actually listened to every single SBFC since launch, and watched at least some of every single LP they've done, and I'll never do that again. I'm hopeful, especially since the podcast lives on and that's by far the bigger deal for me, but wow.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Big Scary Owl posted:

Woolie will figure it out has a sadder meaning to it now.

It's weird, I was listening to that pilot episode and thinking "man, Woolie really needed this space to vent, this is basically a therapy session about his solo content, huh", but now it hits harder because of the break-up.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1074365740881461249

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Hey, just stopping in to this dead website on this account I never use to say that this all sucks.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Burkion posted:

What were the implications?

https://twitter.com/Takahata101/status/1074288311626158080

Between this and Liam's tweets it definitely feels like this wasn't completely sudden, that there'd been a slow buildup for a while. The way it's being talked about by people who were close/ancillary to the channel makes it sound like it's not a new thing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Hey, just stopping in to this dead website

less dead than the best friends

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

well, guess i don't really watch lets plays anymore

never seen woolie that broken up about anything, i hope he does okay.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgJ_8AgQbo

:rip: :rip: :rip:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The end of The End of Evangelion, but with the heads of the Super Best Friends and various figures from their lore shittily edited over the characters while Komm, süsser Tod plays in the background

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Supersonic Shine posted:

The end of The End of Evangelion, but with the heads of the Super Best Friends and various figures from their lore shittily edited over the characters while Komm, süsser Tod plays in the background

I had hoped it would end with Liam on a beach choking Pat for their let's play atrocities but it just wasn't to be I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm not sure where it's coming from, but apparently Matt is cutting ties to Woolie too? I saw a lot of people mentioning it on a couple different sites and I'm not sure if it's just a case of Woolie being with Pat and getting confused or what.

Burkion posted:

What were the implications?

It was along the lines of "Wishing the best for everyone BUT Pat." so uh, yeah take it for what you will

It got deleted and remade when people were like "what about Pat?"

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 16, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not sure where it's coming from, but apparently Matt is cutting ties to Woolie too? I saw a lot of people mentioning it on a couple different sites and I'm not sure if it's just a case of Woolie being with Pat and getting confused or what.

Matt removed woolies channel from his recommendation bar. Make of it what you will.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
imo takahata probably just forgot to tag him but based on his remade tweet being even less clear than the first one, uhh

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hope there isn't anything that went down between them, but I could see it as more of a "Matt and Woolie don't really have anything to collaborate on/ want to work on their own things." Matt more or less has built a very distinct thing with his own channel at this point.

Wonder if the Fighterpedia remake stuff is still happening.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It was along the lines of "Wishing the best for everyone BUT Pat." so uh, yeah take it for what you will

It got deleted and remade when people were like "what about Pat?"

To be clear it was that Matt, Woolie and Liam all got @'d in the tweet but Pat was left out, not expressly called out.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Matt removed woolies channel from his recommendation bar. Make of it what you will.

They still follow each other on twitter but who knows?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Oof. That's what I'm more curious about if that is the case as Woolie seemed to be a genuinely cheerful guy to everyone he came across. I really hope it wasn't a dumb "pick sides woolie one or the other" choice.

theCalamity posted:

They still follow each other on twitter but who knows?

To be fair Pat still follows Liam. Could just be a case of not being bothered.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm not shocked that people who mainly seem to be friends with Matt don't really give a poo poo about what happened to Pat

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

It's weird, I was listening to that pilot episode and thinking "man, Woolie really needed this space to vent, this is basically a therapy session about his solo content, huh", but now it hits harder because of the break-up.

Yeah, in retrospect it seemed like he knew poo poo was getting close to hitting the fan and then prepared everything. In hindsight it was also strange how he had his twitch channel for a while, but only very recently started streaming.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Are there any similar active Let's Play channels around? Seems like there are less and less of these every year.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Are there any similar active Let's Play channels around? Seems like there are less and less of these every year.

A Matt/Liam Quiet Man LP is going up on Liam's channel over Christmas

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dias posted:

Whoever said Woolie was probably working overtime to try and keep everything running has definitely got a point.

Woolie has always been the backbone of the channel, doing most of the heavy lifting.

Remember how much poo poo he had to pick up and deliver by himself for the mailbags?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Realtalk, I wouldn't be surprised if we got more Matt-Liam collabs now that Matt doesn't have both his Zaibatsu work and his solo stuff to juggle.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

youtube's done everything it could to strangle them to death, it's why everyone's run to twitch

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's a surprisingly reasonable 4chan post from someone that claims to know the group and there's no outlandish claims or "it's the girls fault" in it. But it basically boiled down to Pat not being able to read the room (to the point he still doesn't understand why Liam is mad at him/straight up doesn't like him) and Pat getting bitter that Matt gave himself a bigger cut of the paychecks outside of the time Pat had to furnish the studio. Goes into how Pat liked the live unscripted stuff and the concept of being a eceleb while Matt wanted to do more scripted stuff to "elevate the quality" etc.

It went into detail about how Woolie was trying to keep the two separated in recordings hoping that it would be enough to cool them off over time but despite all his plans it just didn't work out- and that folks like Liam were telling Matt to break away for a few months now to work on his own things.

It was kinda believable.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I think twitch streaming is a more attractive business model. It's definitely easier to do numbers on

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Bee posted:

Realtalk, I wouldn't be surprised if we got more Matt-Liam collabs now that Matt doesn't have both his Zaibatsu work and his solo stuff to juggle.

I hope so. Their duo stuff is pretty fun.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Matt and Woolie will probably still do stuff together but I imagine given Matt's channel is him trying to do more higher production/scripted stuff and Woolie's channel is, in his words, "shitposts" that there's not as much overlap there.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's a surprisingly reasonable 4chan post from someone that claims to know the group and there's no outlandish claims or "it's the girls fault" in it. But it basically boiled down to Pat not being able to read the room (to the point he still doesn't understand why Liam is mad at him) and Pat getting bitter that Matt gave himself a bigger cut of the paychecks outside of the time Pat had to furnish the studio.

It went into detail about how Woolie was trying to keep the two separated in recordings hoping that it would be enough to cool them off over time but despite all his plans it just didn't work out- and that folks like Liam were telling Matt to break away for a few months now to work on his own things.

It was kinda believable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJag19WoAe0

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The moment the solo stuff started it felt like there was an invisible countdown on the channel.

The Bee posted:

Isn't Matt producing a game?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I legit hope Matt and Woolie aren't feuding too. Those two have a good dynamic together and have been through a lot together in QA.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The moment the solo stuff started it felt like there was an invisible countdown on the channel.

Pat Stares At was the death of the channel all along. I knew it would be.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Not just the solo stuff starting but also stuff like the visible palpable energy level difference between main channel Matt and Flophouse Matt

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Woolie never forgave Matt for stealing the Wha Happun name for his videos.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Kinda bummed, but I can imagine it being kind of a pain for them behind the curtains, so it's probably for the best.

If this means more Crymetina Critiques, then it's probably a net positive.
I like a lot of Matts content, actually.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://twitter.com/Gt118/status/1074378340763688961

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Yeah, looking for blame isn't the right response.

I mean, you can say that all you like but I'm still laying the blame on this on Bush, Musk, and Pewdiepie.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
The group helped me survive years in a horrible job and kept me distracted and interested enough in things that I never did pull the trigger so I'm thankful they were around.

this sucks

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's a surprisingly reasonable 4chan post from someone that claims to know the group and there's no outlandish claims or "it's the girls fault" in it. But it basically boiled down to Pat not being able to read the room (to the point he still doesn't understand why Liam is mad at him/straight up doesn't like him) and Pat getting bitter that Matt gave himself a bigger cut of the paychecks outside of the time Pat had to furnish the studio. Goes into how Pat liked the live unscripted stuff and the concept of being a eceleb while Matt wanted to do more scripted stuff to "elevate the quality" etc.

It was kinda believable.

I just found that post and yeah, that makes sense. I can share it here if people wanna read it, but be aware that's pretty much hearsay and it comes from 4chan, only reason I'd be willing to post it here is that it's not 4chan bullshit, it's actually pretty level-headed about what was going on and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wasn't Pat on the side of no patreon, that's a lot of lost money over a few years.