Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Saint Freak posted:

Refused to leave his trailer open his eyes and they didn't have time to cgi him them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

AFewBricksShy posted:

If I was of Nordic descent I'd totally want to get rune tattoos, but still probably wouldn't because of the crossover of nazi assholes that have them as well.

Yeah no that is an instant signifier of nazi-sympathies around here. Don't.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PerniciousKnid posted:

I still can't believe he didn't show up in Infinity War, what a waste.

Does Blade in the comics ever just show up to Iron Man going on and on about his long war with the vampires and how everything is so screwed, then Ironman just bangs out a UV-laden suit in like 5 minutes and solves the whole problem?

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah no that is an instant signifier of nazi-sympathies around here. Don't.

It's true, Nazis ruined Nordic mythology for everyone.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 14, 2018

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Nazis can't get enough of Norse poo poo. Remember when they stole the Tesseract in Norway?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Does Blade in the comics ever just show up to Iron Man going on and on about his long war with the vampires and how everything is so screwed, then Ironman just bangs out a UV-laden suit in like 5 minutes and solves the whole problem?

Tony never solves a problem, at best he deals with an immediate situation and makes a greater problem down the road.

Conversely, Blade was once a Spider-Man. Blade > Tony.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mulva posted:

Tony never solves a problem, at best he deals with an immediate situation and makes a greater problem down the road.

Conversely, Blade was once a Spider-Man. Blade > Tony.

There's a military industrial complex joke in there but I'm too tired to make it.

But yeah, Snipes was a great Blade. They really aught to make a new movie with him.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

As Nero Danced posted:

There's a military industrial complex joke in there but I'm too tired to make it.

But yeah, Snipes was a great Blade. They really aught to make a new movie with him.

Was that a joke too?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Phenotype posted:

Was that a joke too?
It's that little fist bump in the first movie that sells it for me.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Phenotype posted:

Was that a joke too?

Well he's certainly a better vampire-ninja than he was a tax expert.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

By Blade 3 he was having other people do his scenes and wouldn't leave his trailer, so maybe reboot Blade, because Snipes is a massive diva.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hellworld, give us Keanu Reeves as Blade

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

LividLiquid posted:

By Blade 3 he was having other people do his scenes and wouldn't leave his trailer, so maybe reboot Blade, because Snipes is a massive diva.

Oh, never realize that (now the joke earlier makes sense). I only saw the movie once and gave up when they introduced Triple H and I realized they were keeping him in the movie for more than 5 seconds. Honestly I can't really blame him for not wanting to be involved.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Blade 3 is the ENTIRE reason we have the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool machine right now so I’ll be forever grateful.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Other things Blade 3 excels at:

Parker Posey chewing a bunch of scenery
Jessica Biel's arms

That's about it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blazing Ownager posted:

The comic vampires are a bit more hardcore than the movies. Dracula once invaded and took over a military space station so he could fire torpedos, with vampires hidden inside, at England.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The comic vampires are a bit more hardcore than the movies. Dracula once invaded and took over a military space station so he could fire torpedos, with vampires hidden inside, at England.

Is that the story where the british captain america stopped him by invoking the old rule that vampires can't enter without invitation, but for the entire Earth's atmosphere?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Slashrat posted:

Is that the story where the british captain america stopped him by invoking the old rule that vampires can't enter without invitation, but for the entire Earth's atmosphere?

Yeah, the torpedo is how they got around it. I can’t remember if the torpedo was going so fast that the barrier didn’t do enough damage to the vampires inside or that by choosing not to shoot the torpedoes out of the sky they were given implied permission to enter.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
BSS crosspost:

https://twitter.com/natjarv/status/1075078473176145921?s=21

Still wouldn’t bet on a revival happening given the contractual issues, but hey, if a Disney exec is putting it out there as a possibility, it’s a possibility.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
As much as I liked them, the shows were mostly declining in quality and popularity and were expensive so I don't know why they would keep them

I lament the Netflix Marvel shows over wasted potential more than anything else. The biggest fix for nearly every show (except Iron Fist, which I absolutely did not watch) would be to insist on a hard cap of 10 episodes a season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
They could easily get more mileage out of these characters and plotlines if they would take the leap they need to and combine Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist into Heroes for Hire. Then just spin off Misty and Colleen into Daughters of the Dragon. Would allow them to put a new spin on things. Danny can cameo in DotD to finish out his IF storylines. Luke's Harlem's Paradise plotline could easily just be dropped off screen. Jessica doesn't even really have any big continuing plot lines unless something comes up in season 3.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Teek posted:

They could easily get more mileage out of these characters and plotlines if they would take the leap they need to and combine Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist into Heroes for Hire. Then just spin off Misty and Colleen into Daughters of the Dragon. Would allow them to put a new spin on things. Danny can cameo in DotD to finish out his IF storylines. Luke's Harlem's Paradise plotline could easily just be dropped off screen. Jessica doesn't even really have any big continuing plot lines unless something comes up in season 3.

Marvel, while frantically aiming the gun at their feet: say what now?

Serf
May 5, 2011

iron fist season 2 was massively better than season 1 and ended with such a great tease. too bad

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, the torpedo is how they got around it. I can’t remember if the torpedo was going so fast that the barrier didn’t do enough damage to the vampires inside or that by choosing not to shoot the torpedoes out of the sky they were given implied permission to enter.

Okay, so, they were actually firing vampires out of their flying space galleon, and all vampires everywhere need a specific individual invitation to enter England because of how Quincy Harker bequeathed his skull to be used in his will. All the vampires in Dracula's orbital invasion fleet burned up when they hit the magical barrier at terminal velocity, at which point MI:13 and the SAS attacked the survivors at Dracula's moon castle.

What I'm :goonsay:ing is that Captain Britain and MI:13 is a fantastic book and everybody should read it.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 19, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Barry Convex posted:

BSS crosspost:

https://twitter.com/natjarv/status/1075078473176145921?s=21

Still wouldn’t bet on a revival happening given the contractual issues, but hey, if a Disney exec is putting it out there as a possibility, it’s a possibility.

Well this dude looks like he's straight out of a comic book so maybe he knows what he's talking about

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Sir Lemming posted:

Well this dude looks like he's straight out of a comic book so maybe he knows what he's talking about

Looks like a season 3ish villain who doesn’t reveal until 40% of the way through the season

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Teek posted:

if they would take the leap they need to and

Recast Iron Fist as someone that can vaguely act like Iron Fist. Agreed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

'The Punisher' Season 2 Villain Is an Alt-Right Christian Fundamentalist

quote:

In a new report from Collider, we finally learned more about Frank Castle's latest foe for The Punisher Season 2, a character named John Pilgrim played by actor Josh Stewart. The villain has been described as Alt-Right, a term that's associated with white nationalism and extreme conservatives.

"On the exterior, [John Pilgrim] is a man who is a Christian Fundamentalist who had a rage, a violent side of him," Stewart said. "It’s buried deep. I think where this is all headed, that sort of side of him is going to resurface a bit."

Pilgrim is said to contrast Billy Russo, who will also return for Season 2, as a creepier and more uptight foe for Frank Castle.

While Russo will be appearing in the new season, he won't be going under the name of Jigsaw. Instead, that term will apply to the character's fragmented psyche after the events of the first season.

"He’s trying to piece together what happened to him and who he is. There is the metaphor at one point that his brain is the jigsaw that he’s trying put the pieces back together of," actor Ben Barnes said to Collider.

Hey that sounds decent I wonder what can go wro

quote:

As for the man himself, Frank Castle won't be doing some Punishing from the get go. It will take the actions of John Pilgrim and his allies to draw the violent side of Frank Castle out into the open. But when Castle does put on that skull-adorned vest, it will be an epic moment.

:negative:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That could either mean a lot of boring mystery-solving bullshit like most of last season or it could mean Frank trying to be a civilian again like the first episode, which was great.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It will probably mean both. Netflix Marvel needs that mystery episode padding.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Can't wait to get to watch the last episode of season 2 and get excited for season 3 with Jigsaw as the big bad only for Netflix to announce that they're also cancelling The Punisher.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know that's happening for sure, right?

Yeah, that's right. I said a show was gonna be cancelled. Prove me wrong, Netflix.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
No one can prove you wrong. It's the pink elephant in the room, riding a unicycle, holding an umbrella in one hand and waving a sign crudely painted with "It's all getting canceled!" on both sides in the other.

Can't you just let us enjoy the shows?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know that's happening for sure, right?

Yeah, that's right. I said a show was gonna be cancelled. Prove me wrong, Netflix.

Hell of a twist.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Andrigaar posted:

No one can prove you wrong. It's the pink elephant in the room, riding a unicycle, holding an umbrella in one hand and waving a sign crudely painted with "It's all getting canceled!" on both sides in the other.

Can't you just let us enjoy the shows?

:roflolmao:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Season 1 ended well enough that I can live with pretending Season 2 didn't happen if it ends on a cliffhanger or with unresolved storylines.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Honestly if they hadn't finished shooting when Luke Cage was canned they have no excuse if they didn't film a non cliffhanger ending at the last minute.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
They've clearly finished filming the season's scripts; unless you're cast and/or crew a "cliff-hanger season" is moot.

The writing in the first season effectively honed in on Frank's anti-crime spree being psychopathic in itself, which is key to making a good Punisher story; I'd be surprised if there was a drastic drop in quality.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ThePunisher/status/1080116573476540416

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think that bar would appreciate you burning poo poo with all that flammable alcohol Frank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They've been serving underage kids. Frank's just punishing them.